1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Alysa - I started your PTR tonight, big HUGS to you!!! I am going to read the rest tomorrow while DS is at his 2 hr neuro psych appt ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Sounds great :thumbsup2

That should be your mantra for awhile!! Haha, so did you chchchange?

Love it!!
    So glad to hear you got back safe!!

Puppy Sophie is settling in quite well, so adorable, I can't wait to be able to take her on long walks. Get stitches out next week :cheer2: knee is coming along!

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes!!!

4. MAGIC...itis!

MAGIC...itis! Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Res

HI RCers. HI NEWBIES to the RC. :hippie:

I like Allegiant. They haven't done me wrong... yet anyway. I can get some good prices using them when I plan ahead.

As for shuttle: http://www.orlandocarriers.com/rates_sanford.php

5. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

:lmao: Hysterical! I'm glad I'm not the only one. My husband NEVER listens. A new puppy - how wonderful! Photos?

Thank you Melissa. :hug: Hope all goes well with the appointment tomorrow. Poor little bunny, I wish we could wave our Mom wands and make all our kids challenges go away. pixiedust:

6. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

My husband doesn't listen either, it had gotten worse recently. Even the boys notice. DH will say something, I'll look at him like "really" and the boys will say , we talked about this:!!

Melissa- I am v-p of the band board...it won't end for two years. It was especially crazy this week...Monday was 1st night - when the freshman come and meet everyone, they get competition music and we hit the parents with the schedule. The board and the band director go out after - he waits until we get drinks - and find out hs principal had essentially eliminated the transportation budget! Ok, board of Ed votes the next night. Emails and fb posts fly around and the next night about 50 parents and students put up a fight at the mtg and amazingly we got the 10k back! It was a long night! Today it's back to sorting uniforms!! Next Friday, we leave!!

7. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

Thanks for the info!

8. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

I hope all is well with Reid and his hearing tests! Maybe we will see her now that it's summer:hug:

So after a discussion over coffee (my girls love coffee so they share) it was a tough choice but they all chose RPC. I took a day off to afford it...but it will be worth it. I hope!!!

Everytime I book CR, DH reminds me I don't like it :duck:MEN!! I think he made that up

Bree was dancing this morning...SHE LOVES THE GRAND FLORIDIAN. HRH and I were talking about Sarah, and all the things she loved about GF...and the kids offerings...she said Sarah wants us to stay there. She also told me that she is sorry she died :hug: "Can she go to GF as a angel Mommy" :angel: My reply, of course she can baby!

Janet really did everything, she's not one to take credit...:lmao: The wind beneath my wings....you all are my superstars actually :lovestruc

:goodvibes Yep for now.....:hug:

Have a relaxing time.....RPC (6/14)
    :hug:

:rotfl:

:hug: Hang in there Mama!!!!

YOWSA!!! :rotfl: DH does that to me constantly, he recovers well though...he is great at that.....:rolleyes:

Yep!

:hug:

9. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Good morning, ladies! :grouphug:

Awwww, Jeanette. What a sweetheart, that girl. :love:

I feel awful I didn't get the milkshake at the GF Cafe for our Sarah. :sad1: We did have a very lovely meal there. I'll just have to make it a point to get MANY milkshakes on our October trip. :grouphug:

Janet: It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday, are you counting down the minutes until you head home already? :drinking1 Have things settled a bit in the office? :hug:

Heather: You are SPOILING us with those photos! (As usual.) Did I miss the key to which drinks were which on that pic? :rotfl: I'll have one of each, please!

Kook: I'm not sure if I'll do a TR. Perhaps a mini-recap for just us RCers. I do have a mildly amusing but gross story about how we got to ride TSM "for free."

Sue: LOL, surprise puppy! I bet his face was priceless. Glad your knee is on the mend. :hug:

Sheila: I was truly considering not getting on that plane. :lmao: I think the cabbie was worse though! :scared:

Candace: Termites and wasps, oh my! :crazy2:

I'm so far behind everyone's resort swapping; I'll never catch up! :rolleyes:

Koh: You made the swap to CBR Pirate Room, right? pirate: Those rooms look so neat. :goodvibes

Jen: You're still at BC after the cruise, is that right? :beach: :cloud9:

~~-------------------------------~~

I never said a proper "Welcome!" to all the new RCers since I was at all of ours' favourite place, soooo :welcome: and glad you all joined us. :wave2:

I believe I must buck the trend with the husband-not-listening thing; it's me who does all the selective hearing in this house. :thumbsup2 :confused3

I have a slight change to announce. Really, not even worthy of an announcement... I switched from the Villas to the Inn. Figured Miss M would prefer sleeping on a real bed instead of a pull-out sofa. (It's ridiculous. This child has a queen at home; she rolls around every square inch of it when she sleeps, too. :rotfl: )

10. pas130

Yay for BWI :banana: That little Miss has a bed fit for a true Princess....

Don't feel bad about the milkshake...you were at GF Café!!! That was Sarah's place!!!!:hug:

11. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Wow! You all have been having some really bad weather!!!! Hope it all clears up today.

12. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Goodmorning everyone! I simply cannot keep up with you all! How in the world do you remember what everyone says! So I will just say goodmorning and start reading! So I haven't changed anything in the way of our trip(July)...but I am still booked for September room only (9th-14th) at CR BLT (did I get those abbreviations right...:) ?? ) and I probably will have to change it...since we had to rebook our trip 3 times for the July 5th to the 12th! (Originally suppose to Disney in May..:) , but husband's job...ugh... So anyways...it was going to be May and early September...but now since July and September are pretty close, I'm thinking late September with the deal Disney has thru the 28th.....But oh, the price I had was so good....what to do...what to do.... Or maybe wait and see if a new, better deal comes up for October...early November???:) I have never been in Oct/Nov....do they offer up deals for that time period??

13. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Jeanette your girls are so very sweet :lovestruc brought tears to my eyes

14. pas130

HRH has a mature kindness about her, she always has. She isn't always nice to her sisters, but when they are upset...she is the consoler. She took a likeness to Dear Sarah, and remembers the sweet postcards she received. Not to mention the texting back and forth when we were at GF café in November :cloud9:

I had a dream last night DH resigned from his job, he's VERY unhappy there lately....so I am kind of like if this is our last vacation for a bit....where will we be the happiest.....I think I made a good choice! :lovestruc
    There are some discounts then...a few blackout dates. But what a wonderful time to visit ::yes::

Poor DS12 has his 6th grade pool party today. The rain cleared BUT it's only in the 60s I think :faint:

15. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Forgot to mention, last night, only back for less-than 24 hours and I purchased a pair of shoes for our next trip. :rotfl: (I almost wiped out on about 4 occasions with the Disney flip flops during the rain because I didn't wear my Teva Mush which happen to turn into sponges in the rain -- we all know my track record with sidewalks so I'm really proud of myself that I managed to not eat pavement. Those Disney ones have got ZERO tread. :laughing: )

Jeanette: I'm so glad we got to try the GF Cafe finally. I can see why Sarah loved to go there. It was a wonderful way to take a break during the day. :goodvibes

Willow: They definitely ran a discount through October last year. :thumbsup2

GG: It's been a strange summer here so far, temps all over the place. The tornado that went through here the day we were flying back paid a visit to the town just south of us. :eek:

Melissa: I forgot to mention this the other day but I wish I could magically transport BR and Orlando right next door. We would definitely enjoy those adult libations. By the way, when the plane landed and they mentioned the score and the triple OT, we thought they were lying. :lmao:

Interesting tidbit about GF: Unless they were doing something temporarily different, the lobby smelled JUST like BC / YC. :confused3 Wonder what's up with the "lobby scents" since I was just reading about the change to the Poly?

16. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

We went in Sept and Oct last year....Sept was significantly less expensive. The discount rates are the same, but oct is a more expensive resort rate. We stayed at YC in Sept and spent probably half to two thirds what we did to stay at WL in Oct...EEK!

17. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

They pipe smells into the lobbies? I didn't realize that! How cool!

18. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Good afternoon!!! Steven had his 2nd appt for neuro psych re-eval today. Then dropped him home, got a pork butt in the oven for pulled pork tonight (for a Jewish girl, I make a mean pulled pork, lol) and now grabbing lunch with Sarah and running to Target and Publix. Will be back latter to catch up :)

HUGS,
    Melissa

19. pas130

Hmmmm......just pondering a change too.....DH HATES the GF smell....if it's better:confused3

YUM!!!

I've only really noticed it at Poly and GF, but :flower3:it's lovely

20. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Awww...always love hearing about HRH. :cutie:
    I hope things work out with your dh's job. In the meantime, your are the queen of vacation planning! You guys will have a great time! :banana:
    That may be a short stay in the pool, Brrr....

Those torrential downpours are so hard on shoes! Glad you found a new pair.:cool1:

Our summer weather here has been just crazy, too. Cool, then storms, hot for a few days, then cool. Wish it would just settle down. I want to go to the pool, but it needs to be a warm sunny day. Where's my summer??:beach:

------------------------------------------------------

I am so far behind, it's sad. I am trying to back read, though. It all started when we were talking about our upcoming WDW vacation and dh said he really just wanted to land and get settled. We have a 6am flight down now, yikes! :eek: So, goodbye split, hello change the resort reservation and dining.
    Unfortunately, I chose a very bad time to do this change, dining wise. The last couple of days nearly everything I tried to book showed up with wacky times...and not just a little wacky, they were always 2 or three hours off.:headache:

Finally last night and today I was able to rebook everything, cancel the messed up ones. Whew!!:yay:
    Now we are at BWI CL the whole time. The outline of the first weekend of F&W came out, so I was able to sort of co-ordinate our dining with what I think we'll do (based on availability.) It's all good now! :dance3:

And in other news, our anniversary was last week, 33 years. Dh was on a business trip, so we waited to exchange cards, celebrate. In the meantime, I thought I'd try to order a bottle of wine I know that he really likes.

He's only had it twice, and it's not available here. It's from a small winery in California. I placed the order online, and one of the owners called me to let me know shipping details. Pretty funny when his name popped up on my caller id. We met him a few years ago at a dinner where his wine was featured.

Anyway, the box got here, and I just quietly put it in the rack. Dh finally discovered it last night. So cute, and very sweet! He wondered how I managed to find it. :goodvibes We're going to enjoy it Sunday with our dinner. It was such fun surprising him. :lovestruc

21. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Oh my....:rotfl2: thinking about a change.....
    This is what I have: July 5 - 8...AK pool view July 8 - 12 BC Standard room, CL
    This is what I'm thinking...:lmao: BC GV July 5 - 8 and July 8 - 12 AK standard room CL

Keeping in mind that there are no parks happening on this trip.....It's $282 more, but I am drawn to the CL and savanna view at AK .....What to do? What to do?.....arrgh..and I though I was done....silliness! Thoughts?
    :)