Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, nothing too much to report around here...one month to go! I ordered a photobook off Shutterfly with photos from our last trip, and on the last page is the reveal that we are going again! I thought it was a good idea, but DH scoffed!:rolleyes2 He wants to make a movie and surprise them that way. We will see, maybe it will be a combination of the two.

It is funny, Thursday is DD6 b-day, and this morning DD8 told her we were going to Disney for her birthday! DD6 ran in to ask if it was true, to which I told her sadly no. DD8 told her to give her head a shake, that there is no way we would ever go back to Disney this soon...."we just got back right Mommy???" Ah....yeah! Your Mommy has issues though my dear!!:rotfl:

Still wanting to book that August weekend for DH and I but the stupid airfares keep going up now. Mad. Not sure I can justify it....yet. We will see. That YC quote is on my mind. :scratchin

Oh yes, and I am scared of the cruise now. Was on a thread about "land sickness" that some people get after they cruise, and it scared the bejeebers out of me.:crazy2: Can any of the RC cruisers chime in about whether or not it afftected them???

Talk later all!

Jen

No way, not ever this soon. Bwahaha! They are going to be soooo happy! pixiedust: I like the shutterfly idea!

It sounds absolutely WONDERFUL! Why didn't I plan something so cool for our 10th? :laughing: Please make sure to describe all the desserts in detail, preferably with pictures to induce maximum drooling. So exciting.

I'l give you a preview :goodvibes I made up my own menu as I didn't like any of the preplanned packages.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Strawberries with Creme Anglais
Tiramisu
Creme Brulee
Artisan Cheese Plate with Crackers and Asst Nuts
Buttered Popcorn
Confetti Popcorn (from MSB)
Mickey Premium Bars
A special order cake from the YC Bakery which is Strawberry filled with Vanilla Buttercream topped with hidden mickey stamped fondant and a white choc Anniversary Mickey/Minnie :lovestruc
Champagne
Coffee, Tea, Milk

......:faint:

(That store, seriously. :rotfl: I have to almost drag Miss M out of there every. single. time. Mind you, I go a bit crazy in there myself.

:lmao:

It was a Disney one! :confused3 She requested a Brave one and I couldn't say no. :laughing: It's been fraying for about 4 months now; I'm surprised the straps haven't broke yet.

Ahhh, the dreaded character packs. So cute, but they never last! I bet Lands End will hold up much better! ::yes::

Excessive use of Emoticon Foul!!!!! :joker:

Just kidding, but geez, that was alot of emoticons... :rotfl:

:rotfl: I'm usually guilty of that too! :blush:

Guess it's time to head out to the bus stop. Catch you all later ! :goodvibes

No way, not ever this soon. Bwahaha! They are going to be soooo happy! pixiedust: I like the shutterfly idea!

I'l give you a preview :goodvibes I made up my own menu as I didn't like any of the preplanned packages.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Strawberries with Creme Anglais
Tiramisu
Creme Brulee
Artisan Cheese Plate with Crackers and Asst Nuts
Buttered Popcorn
Confetti Popcorn (from MSB)
Mickey Premium Bars
A special order cake from the YC Bakery which is Strawberry filled with Vanilla Buttercream topped with hidden mickey stamped fondant and a white choc Anniversary Mickey/Minnie :lovestruc
Champagne
Coffee, Tea, Milk

......:faint:

:lmao:

Ahhh, the dreaded character packs. So cute, but they never last! I bet Lands End will hold up much better! ::yes::

:rotfl: I'm usually guilty of that too! :blush:

Guess it's time to head out to the bus stop. Catch you all later ! :goodvibes

We must have timed our school days! I am off to get the DD's too! Love the menu, I am drooling as we speak! So glad you understand my 'issues'!!!;)

Well I started a big catch up earlier but then Sarah decided to be well.....Sarah, screaming, pushing, pulling, clawing, etc. I guess my left arm took the brunt of it since I can barely move it :( not sure what she did, hoping its just strained.

So for now typing on my phone with one hand.

It's always an exciting day here, LOL!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

HUGE :grouphug: to all my bestest RC buddies...I am here..kinda..last week of my classes. Good news is I dropped to just one class next term (starts 4/29) and then one class at a time until September :woohoo: I have a 91 avg in one class and 89 in the other...pixie dust please....:faint:

As for summer...I can do my 4/4 YC/HRH CL split, or save $$ and do 7 nt. HRH CL throw a Seaworld day in..truth be told, I am not feelin disneyish :duck:

BUT I WILL be on the lookout for December airfare....I AM GOING on the Grannie trip to meet my mama and have some slushies with my BFF :santa:

I haven't changed YC...BUT I am super jazzed for HRH CL...So I will be kidnapping Janet and Sue one day and bring them to the darkside...insert evil laugh here...DS4 goes back to ENT next week for the final answer on surgery...

Congrats on your grades!!! :thumbsup2

And this mama is so excited to meet her Dis Daughter!!!! And I may just join you in those slushies!!! :cool1:

Tomorrow is Disney Eve!!!! :cool1:

I am looking forward to our escape from reality even more now after yesterday's events. Time with my family in our bubble....just what the Dr. ordered. ::yes::

Disney Eve!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Have a safe trip!!!!! YOU TOO i heart:grouphug:

I will be in disneyworld in 21 days.....YES 21 days....

I am surprising Bree and Kate for their birthdays...so instead of finishing my paper :scared: I have been tweaking the trip....

I originally booked May 13th..but had to switch it...so now May 7th..

All Star Music...with a dinner at CRT for the Princesses on May 8th!!

WOOFLIPPINHOO :cheer2:

Okay, back to homework!!!:flower3:

Another special princess trip! princess:princess:princess:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Have a safe trip!!!!! YOU TOO i heart:grouphug:

I will be in disneyworld in 21 days.....YES 21 days....

I am surprising Bree and Kate for their birthdays...so instead of finishing my paper :scared: I have been tweaking the trip....

I originally booked May 13th..but had to switch it...so now May 7th..

All Star Music...with a dinner at CRT for the Princesses on May 8th!!

WOOFLIPPINHOO :cheer2:

Okay, back to homework!!!:flower3:

Where's the green with envy emoticon? :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: insanely jealous!

Well I started a big catch up earlier but then Sarah decided to be well.....Sarah, screaming, pushing, pulling, clawing, etc. I guess my left arm took the brunt of it since I can barely move it :( not sure what she did, hoping its just strained.

HUGS,
Melissa

I'm sorry that you had to be the brunt of DD's frustrations today:hug:. You're amazing, as are all parents who have children who are challenging. I know she needs you, but she just didn't demonstrate that very well today. Tomorrow is another day.

Have you thought more about the weekend trip?

HUGS,
Melissa

Sorry you had such a rough time today Melissa, and I really hope your arm is ok. They can be soooo strong when they are upset. :hug: Tomorrow is a new day, hope you are relaxing a bit, and have had a hot bath!!

Melissa: Kook, Jen and DetTigs said it best. I'm just going to add one of these :hug: and send you a virtua-mega-glass of wine. Wine, rest and ibuprofen for you, my friend.

I_Heart: Oh. my. those. desserts! That is a very lovely sounding menu. I hope it comes with some to-go containers! :thumbsup2 (I had to go look up Confetti Popcorn. Going to add that to the list for next trip.)

Jen: I'm voting for the book, too, by the way. Book and movie together would be so excellent. Also, you should totally get an Oscar for that performance. :lmao: I know I would have burst out laughing when they were talking about not going back so soon.

We must have timed our school days! I am off to get the DD's too! Love the menu, I am drooling as we speak! So glad you understand my 'issues'!!!;)

Of course I understand! ::yes::

HUGS,
Melissa

Oh Melissa. I'm so sorry you had such a rough evening. Hoping for a better tomorrow for the both of you :hug:

Melissa: Kook, Jen and DetTigs said it best. I'm just going to add one of these :hug: and send you a virtua-mega-glass of wine. Wine, rest and ibuprofen for you, my friend.

I_Heart: Oh. my. those. desserts! That is a very lovely sounding menu. I hope it comes with some to-go containers! :thumbsup2 (I had to go look up Confetti Popcorn. Going to add that to the list for next trip.)

Jen: I'm voting for the book, too, by the way. Book and movie together would be so excellent. Also, you should totally get an Oscar for that performance. :lmao: I know I would have burst out laughing when they were talking about not going back so soon.

My planner told me that everything except the Mickey Bars (which are Bill on Consumption) is ours for the taking after the event so I am totally packing to go containers! :rotfl2:

Melissa - a hot bath, glass of wine, and some relaxation sounds like it should do the trick! Hopefully tomorrow is better and your arm is less sore!

Everyone else - hugs all around!! Getting DS in bed finally so I can relax, maybe with a glass of wine and some Disney planning...did I mention I was pricing out WL CL and AKL CL today?? As well as switching back to a moderate or doing a split between a mod and CR... I think my TA was going to have a heart attack. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

HUGS,
Melissa

Sorry you had to deal with that. :hug:

I actually had an issue with DD6 when I was picking her up from school today. I just needed her to change into her gymnastics leotard so we can get to class, just like every Tuesday. Well, she has been having one of those weeks where she is just being the biggest PITA about everything and this was no different. She kept saying she didn't want to leave, and whining but laughing at me when I was pleading for her to hurry up....she was refusing to change so I was literally going to just pick her up and being her home...skip gymnastics and she was going to her room....well, she said she was going to change but instead simply took all of her clothes off and refused to put anything on while she is arguing with me in the school bathroom. Smart little one, knows I can't just pick up a naked kid and drag her out to the car....

Well, I was losing it...and I don't lose my patience often...I was trying not to yell so the teachers would not wonder what the heck was going on, but DD kept escalating and being louder and louder :furious:...and I flicked her in the forehead....:worried:

Not my proudest moment and I immediately felt guilty, but it was one of those things where she just needed sense "knocked into her". It was literally a flick and she starts screaming "you hit meeeeeeee!". I'm like seriously?!?! It was a bad scene I tell you....I was just waiting for one of the teachers to come in....

Long story short, she calmed down a bit. I carried her out. I cried in the car. We got to gymnastics and she apologized, which made me cry even more because I flicked her! I apologized and all is well now....it was just really crappy. I felt especially bad given what happened yesterday and that family that no longer has there little boy....but sometimes kids can make you sooooo mad...

Ok, I'm sorry for rambling....I feel better now that I got that off my chest. I am not a perfect mom. :(

Candace- as a mom of an almost 20 yr old and a 15 year old, let me just say..sometimes they need a good flick! Seriously, don't be too hard on yourself, some days are just like that... tomorrows another :)

Sorry you had to deal with that. :hug:

I actually had an issue with DD6 when I was picking her up from school today. I just needed her to change into her gymnastics leotard so we can get to class, just like every Tuesday. Well, she has been having one of those weeks where she is just being the biggest PITA about everything and this was no different. She kept saying she didn't want to leave, and whining but laughing at me when I was pleading for her to hurry up....she was refusing to change so I was literally going to just pick her up and being her home...skip gymnastics and she was going to her room....well, she said she was going to change but instead simply took all of her clothes off and refused to put anything on while she is arguing with me in the school bathroom. Smart little one, knows I can't just pick up a naked kid and drag her out to the car....

Well, I was losing it...and I don't lose my patience often...I was trying not to yell so the teachers would not wonder what the heck was going on, but DD kept escalating and being louder and louder :furious:...and I flicked her in the forehead....:worried:

Not my proudest moment and I immediately felt guilty, but it was one of those things where she just needed sense "knocked into her". It was literally a flick and she starts screaming "you hit meeeeeeee!". I'm like seriously?!?! It was a bad scene I tell you....I was just waiting for one of the teachers to come in....

Long story short, she calmed down a bit. I carried her out. I cried in the car. We got to gymnastics and she apologized, which made me cry even more because I flicked her! I apologized and all is well now....it was just really crappy. I felt especially bad given what happened yesterday and that family that no longer has there little boy....but sometimes kids can make you sooooo mad...

Ok, I'm sorry for rambling....I feel better now that I got that off my chest. I am not a perfect mom. :(

Nobody is perfect, and I swear it's that age!! My DS is a completely different boy than he was before he started kindergarten. More often than not he is a PITA as well! But then he does something really sweet for his little sister or he gets upset and says nobody likes him or he tells me out of the blue that he loves me and my heart just melts...*sigh* aren't kids wonderful?? :-)

So what ARE the club level offerings like at WL and AKL? As for snacks, drinks, alcohol... :-) And what are the hours of the club lounges?

So what ARE the club level offerings like at WL and AKL? As for snacks, drinks, alcohol... :-) And what are the hours of the club lounges?

:hug:

WL had a lot of yumminess! The evening appetizers included chicken wings, venison meatball, venison chili (both were my 1st time with venison and YUM!!), scallops wrapped in bacon, some sort of BBQ chicken on a stick....we couldn't make it every night, so we missed some stuff but yum!

And I think they have sushi now!

Also, the beers were Bud Light, Yuengling, a Sam Adams, and maybe....Moosehead or something like that?!?

We don't do hard alcohol so I can't really remember those....I know there was courvoisier...only because DH tried it and hated it! :crazy2: :goodvibes

Candace- as a mom of an almost 20 yr old and a 15 year old, let me just say..sometimes they need a good flick! Seriously, don't be too hard on yourself, some days are just like that... tomorrows another :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

I think DD was just surprised that I did that, because I never really lose it (I am very patient...too patient), and never get physical. But I was to the point of "Snap out of it!!!!" :headache:

OH! And, it is Disney EVE!!!!! Tomorrow, we will be there!!!!!

:dance3:

Just have to get through work and school today and then we are done!!! Well, except for DD8, she'll have a half day of school tomorrow before we leave. :upsidedow

Hugs Candace, been there. You're a great mom. They like to test us that's all. It's a new day!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

My lovelies will not sleep in no matter what. :headache: We've tred putting them to bed later than they normally go, and without fail they are up at 6 am. And they wake us up too. :headache::headache:Frustrating. Love the little monkeys, but would love for them to at least get to 6:45 am!

There is my rant!

Happy Disney Eve! Right behind ya! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter