Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petey: ... oh ... MY! What is that dish in the first pic? Also, you must share what was on the dessert plate. I'm trying so hard not to drool on my keyboard right now. :rotfl: Settles it. If we can get a reservation, there's no WAY we're missing out on that. :woohoo:

Wookie, try to get some more sleep tonight...or if you can't have fun playing the new expansion. :)

I got a 30 minute power nap. I would have gotten more sleep, but Joey kept texting me to make sure I was downloading the xpack on the DH's computer.

My DD Sam will be at the Phillies baseball game tonight performing with the 9th grade band (pre-game show). Hoping that this is aired on TV .. if not the school should have something on the website!! :cheer2:

Sound like fun!! I hope they do show it on tv.

Hello my favoritest changing chicas. :grouphug:

Wookie, Sheila, Sue, Petey, Koh, Marie and the rest of you lovely lot... :grouphug:

All this chat of California Grill has got me keen to try it. The (old) menu sounded REALLY super good. Hoping the new one is similar. Adding this to my list of new places to try along with GF Cafe (and the Dessert Party :thumbsup2 )

:grouphug:

I really think it's a must do. Especially if you can get a window table during fireworks.

Petey: ... oh ... MY! What is that dish in the first pic? Also, you must share what was on the dessert plate. I'm trying so hard not to drool on my keyboard right now. :rotfl: Settles it. If we can get a reservations, there's no WAY we're missing out on that. :woohoo:

The first dish was, the Oak Fired Fillet of Beef, Tilamook Cheddar mashed potato puree, grilled sea beans, with a light teriyaki bbq sauce.

The flatbread was the Heirloom BLT flatbread.

The dessert was the chocolate toffee bread pudding, with caramel pretzels, and malted chocolate gelato.

Hi Peeps!! :wave2:

MM, here's some pixiedust: to make DD feel better!! and YEAH for SINGLE DIGITS!! some :dance3: is in order!!

Koh, Did your TA got the ADR changed for Le Cellier? :goodvibes

Piglets Mommy, hoping you feel better too :hug:

Wookie, try to get some more sleep tonight...or if you can't have fun playing the new expansion. :)

peteykirch, we are looking forward to returning to CG as well, it's been a long while (2009) since I've been there. Loved BOG in January. :goodvibes

Sue, best wishes to you on the knee surgery!! (somehow I missed it before). Relaxing at SAB seems to be just what the doctor will order... does this mean a summer spent at WDW?? :upsidedow

------------------------------------------------------------------

My DD Sam will be at the Phillies baseball game tonight performing with the 9th grade band (pre-game show). Hoping that this is aired on TV .. if not the school should have something on the website!! :cheer2:

How exciting!! Will you be at the game?

Well, I plan on 2 weeks at WDW anyway :rotfl: they'll have to drag me out!

Hi Ladies

Have any of you been following the thread / facebook page of little Chase Lykken? He is the little 4 year old that fell into the pool on the Fantasy and nearly drowned during the sail away party just before Easter. The parents have been posting updates on the facebook page (I can only read the front page). But today they were given the news from his MRI that he has severe brain damage. :( They have managed to get him home to Minnesota, and have two other children I believe.

I am just so sad, disturbed, and thinking of this family constantly. I know how easy it would be to have an accident with a little one. Right now DD4 is doing dangerous things like running away from me in parking lots, and just when DH was making dinner tonight, she grabbed a knife and started running around with it!:scared1: At that age, they have no concept.

Anyway, just so so sad for this family whose life was changed in one instant, when it was supposed to be a wonderful family holiday. Had to share my feelings. :sad1:

Just want to hug the kiddos so tight.

Oh...could you all send me some good thoughts and bravery? I have the dentist tomorrow and am nervous because I think I have a problem with my gums. My Dad had gum disease in his 40's and had to have surgery, so I am extremely scared I will have to go through that. My twin brother did. Anyway....that's all.

Checking in from my couch. I'm a patient tonight. My asthma has been terrible the past week to the point I am constantly breathing heavily and yawning trying to get air. This is my second treatment tonight. If it isn't better after this I will be taking myself to the hospital tomorrow.

Checking in from my couch. I'm a patient tonight. My asthma has been terrible the past week to the point I am constantly breathing heavily and yawning trying to get air. This is my second treatment tonight. If it isn't better after this I will be taking myself to the hospital tomorrow.

Dani, I am so sorry. :hug: I have had a terrible time this week, but not as bad you are having. Please take gentle care and I pray you feel better tonight. :grouphug:

*stands up*
My name is hairy, and i have a problem booking a resort and keeping it.

Im in the midst of brainstorming my second trip to the world. This time a split stay.
The poly (which is officially me n my familys home now) and yacht club or wilderness lodge, cant decide.
The decore of the WL screams "stay here!" But the overwhelming positive reviews of the yacht club are making me second guess even though the theming doesnt speak to me.

Hi Ladies

Have any of you been following the thread / facebook page of little Chase Lykken? He is the little 4 year old that fell into the pool on the Fantasy and nearly drowned during the sail away party just before Easter. The parents have been posting updates on the facebook page (I can only read the front page). But today they were given the news from his MRI that he has severe brain damage. :( They have managed to get him home to Minnesota, and have two other children I believe.

I am just so sad, disturbed, and thinking of this family constantly. I know how easy it would be to have an accident with a little one. Right now DD4 is doing dangerous things like running away from me in parking lots, and just when DH was making dinner tonight, she grabbed a knife and started running around with it!:scared1: At that age, they have no concept.

Anyway, just so so sad for this family whose life was changed in one instant, when it was supposed to be a wonderful family holiday. Had to share my feelings. :sad1:

I hadn't heard about that. It's such a tragic thing to have happen.

Oh...could you all send me some good thoughts and bravery? I have the dentist tomorrow and am nervous because I think I have a problem with my gums. My Dad had gum disease in his 40's and had to have surgery, so I am extremely scared I will have to go through that. My twin brother did. Anyway....that's all.

Sending you good thought, prayers, virtual hugs, and pixie dust and then crossing my toes and fingers. (just to cover all the bases). :hug:

Take care of yourself. Sending you good thought, prayers, virtual hugs, and pixie dust and then crossing my toes and fingers as well so you don't have to go to the hospital tomorrow. :hug:

*stands up*

Im in the midst of brainstorming my second trip to the world. This time a split stay.
The poly (which is officially me n my familys home now) and yacht club or wilderness lodge, cant decide.
The decore of the WL screams "stay here!" But the overwhelming positive reviews of the yacht club are making me second guess even though the theming doesnt speak to me.

:welcome: I love the WL!! The only reason we are not staying there in September is that I made the mistake of showing our teenage DSs the pool at the BC. Now, even if I wanted to, I would not be able to change our resort.

Well my brain is zonked. I went into tutoring at 1 and got done around 3. Then class started at 6 with a lecture and a two part quiz. I am just now about to go to bed, but I wanted to check in here first.

When I got home, the DH looked at me and smiled and said(well after we put away the groceries I bought on the way home) "Hey Dad, Kim likes the Dallas Star." I'm not sure how or why, but the fil has two ticket (not really tickets, but passes maybe :confused3) to a suite at this Saturday's Dallas Stars game. After the game, you get to go to the ice and have your picture taken with the team. This Saturday is also my grandmother's 90th birthday...in Glen Rose....which is easily 1 1/2 hours away....and is stupid NASCAR weekend at the Texas Motor Speedway (that I can see from my front porch). I'm not sure if the DH or I will go with him, but it'll be one of us. I'll just have to not spend as much time at the grandmother's birthday party.

Well it's getting close to 1 am and I am getting loopier by the moment.

Nighty night y'all. (said in my best Texas country accent)

Hope you are feeling better by now. :flower3:

Dani I hope your doing better this am :hug:

Thinking about going back to bed been up since about 3am there were 3 very loud thunder boomers which spooked Bella who decided I needed to be woken up. :rotfl2: Of course she is lying here now snoring away :lmao:

Sending you good thought, prayers, virtual hugs, and pixie dust and then crossing my toes and fingers. (just to cover all the bases). :hug:/QUOTE]

Wookie: Thank you!:hug: That helps!! I have been dreading it for a few weeks, and I am relieved that the appointment is finally here. Time to get it over with!

Dani: Hope you are feeling better this am and did not have to go to the hospital last night!

Christine: I am sorry you have had a rough week too....hugs!

Hope you are feeling better!!! :goodvibes

Jen - I 100% understand your fear. I had to have gum surgery when I was 13 :( Good luck today!!! I'll be holding your hand in spirit :) HUGS!!!

Dani - I hope you are feeling better today and you didn't need to go to the hospital.

Wookie - I hope you got a goods night sleep last night.

Shelia - I hope you were able to go back to sleep!

I'll be back latter to catch up with everyone else. I have been on a crazy organizing and decluttering spree the past few days and now I need to stop and get dressed for the follow appt for Stevens's endoscopy. Fingers are crossed that all the biopsies look good!!!

HUGS TO ALL!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jen - I 100% understand your fear. I had to have gum surgery when I was 13 :( Good luck today!!! I'll be holding your hand in spirit :) HUGS!!!

Dani - I hope you are feeling better today and you didn't need to go to the hospital.

I'll be back latter to catch up with everyone else. I have been on a crazy organizing and decluttering spree the past few days and now I need to stop and get dressed for the follow appt for Stevens's endoscopy. Fingers are crossed that all the biopsies look good!!!

HUGS TO ALL!
Melissa

Oh good luck Melissa, I hope you get the results you need. Let us know.:hug: Thanks for the virtual hand hold, this baby needs it!

Hello lovely ladies. :goodvibes

Jen: Hoping all goes well today at the dentist! :hug: (Miss M just went in for her appointment yesterday. I had to sit in the seat with her on my lap because she was scared at first; I didn't mind because I got to cuddle with her for 30 minutes straight!)

Dani: How're you feeling today?! What usually triggers it... is it allergies? Hope you're doing better. :hug:

Melissa: Got all appendages crossed for good news from the docs for ya. ::yes:: :hug:

MM: How are the girlies doing? :hug: Oh, and doing one of these for ya: :woohoo:

Sheila: We had some morning t-storms too! :faint: But at a much more convenient hour, thankfully. Hope you got back to sleep.

Wookie: I read that with an accent. Well done. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Janet: How'd it go at the game?! :hyper: :banana:

Petey: Oh, that dessert sounds absolutely heavenly... thanks for sharing those pictures. :worship: Been watching the restaurant board for signs they've opened up ADRs. :surfweb:

Pas: Our switcheroo leader extraordinaire... one of these for ya since I know you're back to the grind. :hug:

Christine: Sorry you're having a bad week, too. :hug:

Koh and Sue and all the rest of ya... :grouphug:

~~--------------------~~

Another t-storm moving in... and the dog STILL won't go outside for a potty break. She's not scared of the thunder (amazingly enough) -- it's the wet grass on her backside she's not keen on. :lmao:

Thanks everyone. Still not feeling better but I really don't want to go to the hospital. My doctor says to go to the er but I'm a terrible patient. I avoid medical care at all costs!

Thanks Sheila!! :goodvibes I sent her a text to have fun. :) We pick them up at 11:00 pm at the school, so then I can get all the scoop. :thumbsup2
How was it? Hope she had a blast!
Janet - very cool about Sam playing at the game!

And yes, my TA got the Le Cellier ADR switched! :-) Just need to get Sea World tickets (waiting to see if there are any summer discounts or deals first), book family pics, book the dessert party and possibly the GF pirate cruise for DS, and make the autograph books! Oh, and lose 30 more pounds... :-) 112 days until we leave!
Yay on the ADR switch. I have always wanted to try Sea World. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
Hello my favoritest changing chicas. :grouphug:

You know what's pretty amazing about MM's Single Digit Dancing? :dance3: This is probably the longest she's EVER not changed something... :rotfl2: Hope the girls get over the germs QUICK!
:rotfl2:
I went to the Cali Grill for the first time last year and it was just magical.

7355411086_c8450e8f0e_z.jpg

7170192517_ebb8323d34_z.jpg

7169968429_af84d3040f_z.jpg

7170182817_b93ec68d3c_z.jpg
Oh YUMMM!!! I am hungry now. Too bad there is nothing even remotely resembling that in my fridge!
Hi Ladies

I have been following that...so so sad, and totally NOT the way anyone expects their vacation to begin. That following the incident witht he 13 year old at POP makes me hug my kids tighter.

Good luck at the dentist today :grouphug: pixiedust:
Hope you are feeling MUCH better today!
*stands up*

:welcome:
That is a tough one. I love both the Poly and WL. I have never stayed at YC, but I DO like the theming there....reminds me of where we had our wedding reception a bit. Since you are doing a split stay and are definately at the Poly, I'd do the other part at YC, so you can have the easy access to EPCOT and DHS. Then you have the best of both locations. But WL is a beautiful resort as well (and most likely less $$$, if that is a factor at all.) You really can't go wrong with either.

HUGS TO ALL!
Melissa

Praying the biopsy results are good!
Good morning all! Just a quick check-in to send hugs and pixie dust all around. :-)

Right back at ya! :grouphug: pixiedust:

I am back....thanks for the virtual support! Apparently not gum disease, but I really need to get serious and look after things more or that is what it may turn into. :blush: It is like everything else, I put myself last, but I need to make myself a priority. So wake up call for me. Anyhow, off to work, have a wonderful day all!! will check in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter