Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Krystal in Nov. we had dinner at BOG before wishes ADR was for 4:30 and we were out in time to see the castle Dreamlights. We went to the Dessert Party at 8pm but were still so full bob and I had a total of 4 strawberries, but I will say the cost was worth it for the seats and view alone. If I do the Dessert Party again will have a late lunch most likely CS so we have room for treats at the Party.

MelissaI know we want to eat at the wave but not sure which meal yet. ADRs seem easy to come by there so will fit it in once I get my others in place. I am torn between GF Cafe for B or L too :confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sjs314

When is CG re-opening?

4. peteykirch

peteykirch Mouseketeer

Rumor was some time in September, but it still isn't taking reservations for that month.

5. sjs314

We're going first week of November, not doing DP this trip so I doubt I will book it but you never know, thanks

6. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Good morning all my fellow RCers! :-)

I think my TA is ready to kill me with my ADR changes. :-) BUT I think I have a good plan set now. But if I'm not changing the resort or room or ADRs, what else is there to do?? YIKES! :-)

Next project is the autograph book...(or rather bookS). :-) And booking family pics one morning while we're there and figuring out what we're going to wear for that. Thinking we'll do those at the Poly.

Is it summer yet?? :-)

7. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Seriously behind my friends since I was out of pocket this weekend, cleaning, purging and emptying our bedroom preparing for our new carpet today. I am a pack rat and it wasn’t easy going thru a mess that I’ve allowed to accumulate over the years.

Marie, my sympathies to you on your Grandma’s passing. :hug: Hoping and praying your Dad continues a steady pace to full recovery. Know too, that I have been keeping Allan in my thoughts and prayers as well. I am sad he is experiencing so much pain ...hopefully he will soon begin to see a lessening. And I agree that it’s a good idea at some point for Allan to speak with a therapist. Marie, I’m sure he draws strength to keep going from you. :hug: Hang in there... and for happier news, congrats on moving forward with the DIVA trip! you all will have so much fun! Not sure at this point that I can committ, but you all will be the first to know if/when I can. :goodvibes

So sorry Melissa, so sorry to learn of your cousin’s passing. :hug: And you are so right my friend…. always a good reminder that Life is indeed short… we all need to take life one day at a time and be thankful for everyone in our lives and enjoy our blessings…. our family, and extended family and friends, and for me this includes all of you. :goodvibes

Pas, welcome back! Whenever you end up, we will find you!!

Koh, hoping your DD is feeling better! (and unfortunately, it is NOT summer yet ... :))

I know I've missed a lot ... so will try to go back and catch up tonight. Today promises to be another busy day. :)

8. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Hello lovely ladies. :goodvibes

Hope everyone's having a good morning so far...

Sheila: Oh, GF Cafe! I've been meaning to check them out. Now that we've booked a monorail resort, I might have to get an ADR. I remember reading something about a really nice burger?... :scratchin I had a really decent sandwich from Cap'n Cooks last time we were there, with a side of crunchy Asian-inspired slaw. ::yes:: Thumbs-up from me for The Wave :thumbsup2 We had dinner there though. For the life of me, I can't remember what I ordered though. :laughing:

Petey: :scratchin Wondering if they'll open up reservations for later in the year.

~~-------------------------~~

... I still need to think of something for the hubbo's 40th. :faint: (And maybe a little something not-the-norm for the day we fly in, which is our anniversary.) Maybe California Grill that night if they open up ADRS? :scratchin

9. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

:grouphug: That stinks. Hope you enjoyed the margaritas though!:thumbsup2

We did the 4 night Dream cruise for my 40th B-day in Feb. It was AMAZING!!! My 13 YO, Chris said it was the best time of his life. It is more expensive than most other cruises, but oh so worth it. Let me know if you have any questions as you continue to plan.

Hope the fundraiser went well!

:woohoo:
    Hope she is feeling better now!
    :thumbsup2
    If in doubt, book them both!!!
    :grouphug: Hang in there, you've had a rough time lately! That is a great rate at GCH!:thumbsup2 I know the favt tat we are there over 4th of July isn't helping us in that department!
    So sorry! :grouphug:

10. Piglets Mommy

We loved 1900 Park Fare. Great food for a buffet, and the characters were great. The stepsisters were hilarious and played with the men and boys a lot. So the girls got Cinderella and the prince, and the boys had a blast with the stepsisters.
    THat sounds awesome!

:grouphug: hang in there!
    I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

11. Piglets Mommy

Hi Janet! Glad you got it done! I'm sure it will be great once it's all finished!
    That sounds great!

12. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

My TA is making the dining changes as I type this! (At least I think he is...) :-)

And I booked the hotel on the way down and back. So that's done. Will check with DH about pirate adventure cruise for DS and dessert party, but I can't book the dessert party yet anyway, SO...

Now I just sit and wait? Hmmm...time to start planning those photo/autograph books!

13. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

I still haven't had one yet. I usually take my blood pressure meds just after dinner, and it was either take them later (and risk being up all night running to the bathroom) or just not drink the rita.

Joey had JT's birthday party on Saturday and we had to practically force him to go. He wanted me to stay, so he could grab me to go when he was ready to leave. He ended up having a great time and so did I. JT's parent's were really nice and I met another lady who is really big into Comic Cons. Actually, she writes for a blog and can go on press passes. She was happy to find someone else in the area that loves going to them as much as she did and could talk about the celebs attending and actually know who they are.

This weekend was double experience points in the Star Wars game we play, so the DH had me playing a ton. I was actually in game until about 2 AM, this morning.

Well I didn't get any school work done this weekend, and I have probably stalled long enough, so y'all have a great day!!

14. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Busy weekend ... DD was in town for a quick visit so we did lots of mother/daughter bonding. :goodvibes

Melissa so sorry to hear about your cousin. :hug: And you are so correct life is too short .... book those vacations! :thumbsup2

Marie you have really been having a hard time of it ... so sorry about your grandmother. :hug: Lots of positive thoughts that Allan starts feeling better soon. He is such a strong man I know that we will be able to deal with this it will just take a little time. The Diva trip will be so good for you ... if you decide to book an offsite room for the boys let me know ... I still suggest the Hilton ... just a little farther than some of the others on Harbor Bl but clean and safe. Don't pay any attention to the cost on the Hilton website ... should be able to do much better than that. :thumbsup2

Sue good luck on your surgery. If you need an expert wheel chair pusher .... I'm your girl!!! :rotfl2: We took my grandson about 3 weeks after he'd had his last chemo treatment so of course he was in a wheel chair. My DD has had 2 knee surgeries and for some strange reason we had already booked and paid for trips to WDW right after both surgeries so of course we went!

Janet glad all the organizing and furniture moving went well ... now you can just enjoy the new carpet!!!! :)

Jeanette so happy to have you back but even more excited to hear that you and Brian had such a wonderful time! Still thinking that DD and I need to do a fall 2014 trip to Universal! :cool1:

As for the Dessert Party ... I've done it 4 times now and really enjoy it! Not sure if it's the desserts or just not having people in my personal space while I watch the fireworks.. It's just so nice and peaceful to just sit there eating yummy desserts waiting for the fireworks to start. I wouldn't book a dinner ADR on the day of the party .... too much food .... maybe a lunch ADR and a light CS for dinner???? :confused3

Have a great afternoon!

15. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Now all this talk of Dessert Parties has me wondering if I should book it... :laughing: I mean, even if it wasn't to see fireworks, huge tables of sweet stuff has got me sold already. :thumbsup2

Linda and All Other Dessert Party Experts: What happens when the fireworks start? Is there a mad rush to the railing? Or can everyone get a decent view? popcorn::

P.S. to Sheila: Oooooooh MY! I just looked at the menu for the GF Cafe. Gotta book it now. :hyper: That fondue is calling my name.

16. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Most people do move to stand at the rail however there doesn't seem to be rushing or any pushing. DD & I always end up right next to the rail .... guess we move quick :rotfl2: .... but we always offer to let a couple of kids stand in front of us since we can see over them. Some of the tables in the back would not be able to see all the fireworks without moving to the rail. I believe that Sheila & Bob stayed in their seats and had a fine view. Also Sheila has a wonderful thread where the DIS peeps are great about posting when the booking opens for a particular month and very helpful about answering and questions. If you follow that thread you'll know as soon as the booking opens so you'll be one of the first to book .... :thumbsup2

17. peteykirch

peteykirch Mouseketeer

I really need to start thinking about the ADRs I want to make for my trip in the fall.

18. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

I am so glad I have the ADRs we wanted booked, so I don't have that to worry about. I just have to worry they will announce Free Dining for our dates (9/9-14). What were your dates again? Do you have any idea which ones you want, or are you starting from scratch?

19. peteykirch

peteykirch Mouseketeer

I'm going 10-27 to 11/2

I'm going to spend one late afternoon going booth to booth at F&W.

I want one dinner at BOG, California Grill, Flying Fish.

Breakfasts will either be Kona, The Wave, or just pastries here or there.

Arrival day is always lunch at Liberty Tree, it's sort of a tradition thing for me.

20. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Hi everyone :wave2:

It's been a long but good day. All things considered off course. I haven't even had a chance to start obsessing about my next Disney trip that is just about 300 days away, lol!

The kids had great days, I had a great therapy session (yes I finally put myself back into therapy) and my cousin called me today to say she and her partner are coming to Siesta Key with us this summer :banana: My mom and I have been bugging them to come but she in in the Air Force and the whole sequestration thing has been hanging over her head so she felt like she could not commit. But then end of last week she decided that she cant control the future and she is going to live her life and do what she wants. So they booked tickets. Then our cousin passed on Saturday and it kind of confirmed that she did the right thing ::yes:: She called me today while I was in car line and I was jumping up and down so much that I am sure the other cars were wondering what the hell was happening in my truck on school grounds :lmao:

I have nothing planned tomorrow so I will be catching up with my RC family for sure :thumbsup2

Hugs to everyone :grouphug:
    Melissa

21. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

Janet: Can you add me and our Christine (my roomie :thumbsup2) to the Dis Diva DL 2014 trip list too? :banana: I'm beyond excited :goodvibes
    If you can swing it would love to see you too! Dates are Feb 26- Mar 2, 2014 GCH Dis Diva Ladies Only Trip DL
    Marie :yay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.