• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dislike teenagers. I didn't like them when I was one, and I like them even less now.
Hurray!! I love the change sis. You guys deserve it. :thumbsup2
Fantastic change!
Love the new ticker!!!
You can book the cabana yourself.
I am happy for you Deena. You need a pleasant work environment. Too much stress is no good for your health. I am looking forward to meeting up in June!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today has been the longest day ever. Worked till 5, then went straight to parent teacher night at Danimal's school. We are having trouble with another kid bothering him, and when he tells on the kid no one does anything so Danimal retaliates on his own. I do not approve of Danimal hitting the other kid but the school needs to step it. If someone was bothering me and getting away with it I know I would hit a breaking point. And we are talking about a class of special Ed kids classified as emotionally disturbed. It's been a long and exhausting night. Everyone points the finger. Every teacher said it wasn't in their class of course. So very frustrating. Tomorrow we go back to his developmental pediatrician. I have some videos to show her and hopefully this will get her to do something new for him. There's so much going on with him that it's hard to reign everything in and get him on track. Sorry to vent. Thanks for listening!

Dani
I hope you can get some satisfactory results with the school over this issue with Danimal. My eldest boy was picked on a lot once even given a bloody nose (I was told "boys will be boys" BS) finally by Middle I had it and told him just pound the kid back...the result both were suspended the Principle told me did not matter who started it. Good Luck growing up is so painfull for some, I hate what school is like

Thanks for the answer to my question about the Cabana :thumbsup2

Looks like I am about to swtich our reservation for June 5-13 from a preferred pool view at Pop to a standard at CBR. There is only $100 difference so I thought it would be nice to try a different resort. Have previously stayed at Pop and CSR and loved both. I am going to request building 22, 45 or 51 I think since I can't quite swing another $200 and see if I get lucky upon arrival......this has driven me nuts. First I had us booked at POR thenhad to cancel. When I was able to re-book it was full so I booked Pop.......I think I fit right in here :cool1: and I am thinking of starting a support group for us ;) I'll bring the donuts :wave2:

Hello All :wave:

So I quit my job last Friday. Just quit. There's only so much a person can take, and I think everyone knows how unhappy I was. DH said it was okay, and I've been applying and interviewing, just waiting for the right offer.

I haven't said anything on Facebook because there's no need for my MIL to find out that I'm not working. I've been busy though. Organizing, steam cleaned the carpets, lots of projects, laundry... all things I've put off too long!

My friend is coming the 2nd week in April and staying at the WL. I'm excited to see the new rooms for myself!! I also have BCV booked for 4 nights in September. If a job comes thru quick, I'll have my birthday at YC, but for now.... I'm holding off.

I'm glad I'll have more time to spend with my RC'ers now :cheer2: I miss you guys like crazy!!!

Deena I knew the day was coming. I hope you can find your dream job :goodvibes

Looks like I am about to swtich our reservation for June 5-13 from a preferred pool view at Pop to a standard at CBR. There is only $100 difference so I thought it would be nice to try a different resort. Have previously stayed at Pop and CSR and loved both. I am going to request building 22, 45 or 51 I think since I can't quite swing another $200 and see if I get lucky upon arrival......this has driven me nuts. First I had us booked at POR thenhad to cancel. When I was able to re-book it was full so I booked Pop.......I think I fit right in here :cool1: and I am thinking of starting a support group for us ;) I'll bring the donuts :wave2:

If it were me I would try something new, never stayed at CBR but for $100 difference the pool alone looks worth it if you have kids

Yes, I have a son who turns 13 in June and a daughter who is 8. I think they wold love the main pool. We do the waterparks too but on our designated resort day and evenings they would enjoy that pool :)

Happy Wednesday RC buddies! First day of spring. :flower1::butterfly:flower::umbrella::snail: More snow today. I think I need to see the beach smilie. :beach:

MM-Looks like 4 weeks and one day for you. (but who's counting...):rotfl2:

Wookie-I hope you find a great riverwalk deal! :surfweb:

Sjs314-Hooray for great flight deals!!:cheer2:

Piglet's Mommy-Congrats on your dd's art show! That must have been such fun!:cool1:

Jen-Great idea, a just the two of you getaway. :cloud9: Sending pixie dust as you plan! pixiedust:

Lacey and Marie-:wave: Lacey, I was wondering, too, how Marie's dh is doing. Hope he is doing a bit better each day. :goodvibes

Luv-Fingers crossed a wonderful job offer comes along. :goodvibes

Dani-Sending hugs, thinking of you! :hug:

Dixie-Hello there! Welcome! :welcome: Glad you popped over to our happy little place!

Janet, Missoutandabout--you guys were so sweet to ask about our plans. :goodvibes I always appreciate suggestions, input from the RC friends! Suggest away!
Here's the dining line up (we tend to do light breakfast, late bigger lunch and then snackies in the lounge if we've booked CL)

Day 1 arrive in the evening, WL
Day 2 3pm afternoon tea Grand Floridian
Day 3 3pm late lunch Yak and Yeti
Day 4 Move to YC probably just munch at F&W, maybe take a class
Day 5 3pm Chefs de France (I will cancel this if they offer the F&W French Regional lunches and we can get a reservation)
Day 6 3pm Le Cellier and maybe a class
Day 7 Blue Zoo for Dinner (Hope they are part of Sept. Magical Dining again.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waving hi to Kook, Pas, Magic, GG, and RC friends I missed. :wave:

Wookie, sorry I missed your post on Walmart… I think it’s great you came back with your story … people (not only teenagers) need to have something thrown back at them to see how their words/actions can affect others. Good for you. With Joey, it's difficult to know what to do (know what you mean about being perceived as fighting his battles)...have you already discussed this situation with a guidance teacher? Perhaps talking with Joey’s last period teacher would be good, since the bullying has gone on in their classroom. :hug:

Dani, hope that Danimal's teacher will be more open abnd receptive to the issues going on. Let us know how it does at the doctor's today as well. :hug:

Sheila :yay: so happy you got your Poly and save some additional $$. :cool1: We might be in Disney over your dates too! :goodvibes

So I quit my job last Friday. Just quit. There's only so much a person can take, and I think everyone knows how unhappy I was. DH said it was okay, and I've been applying and interviewing, just waiting for the right offer.

I haven't said anything on Facebook because there's no need for my MIL to find out that I'm not working. I've been busy though. Organizing, steam cleaned the carpets, lots of projects, laundry... all things I've put off too long!

My friend is coming the 2nd week in April and staying at the WL. I'm excited to see the new rooms for myself!! I also have BCV booked for 4 nights in September. If a job comes thru quick, I'll have my birthday at YC, but for now.... I'm holding off.

I'm glad I'll have more time to spend with my RC'ers now :cheer2: I miss you guys like crazy!!!

Deena, as I already said to you, you did the right thing by removing yourself from an unhealthy working situation that only brought you unhappiness and stress….The right position is waiting for you to discover and now you will have the time to do so :hug: We really have missed you here!

:wave2: Welcome Dixiemom! It's always nice to try something new and for $100 it seems like a good time to do so! Support group and donuts ::yes:: and btw we also have friday happy hour for therapy..:goodvibes Welcome!!

Happy Wednesday RC buddies! First day of spring. :flower1::butterfly:flower::umbrella::snail: More snow today. I think I need to see the beach smilie. :beach:

Janet, Missoutandabout--you guys were so sweet to ask about our plans. :goodvibes I always appreciate suggestions, input from the RC friends! Suggest away!
Here's the dining line up (we tend to do light breakfast, late bigger lunch and then snackies in the lounge if we've booked CL)

Day 5 3pm Chefs de France (I will cancel this if they offer the F&W French Regional lunches and we can get a reservation)

Ginny, the line up seems good! Re your list...we have only eaten at one place (Le Cellier) and a CS at Y & Y. Snacking around the world is mandatory on a F&W trip :goodvibes Chef de France is on my bucket list; and sure the French regional lunch (not sure what this is) will be great! For us, the french bakery is on our list every trip.:thumbsup2 And it's a good bet that Blue Zoo will be included again..:)

Yes Janet You counted right checking in on Nov 3! We will be at the Poly from 11/3 to 11/8! I am so excited! Booked through a TA Shocked myself who was running a "Jersey Week" Special. All in all a savings of just shy of $600 on the room and tix. Disney does not usually offer anything that week so I had to grab this deal since we prefer going in November. Bob likes the idea of renting a Cabana for half a day! Anyone know if I can do tht or do I have to have the TA reserve the Cabana for me?
sjs314, so great to hear the news! :cool1: The number to rent the cabana is 1-407-WDW-PLAY. :beach: We did the early half-day cabana rental (which turned into a full day because nobody rented the second half :thumbsup2).

Yes, I have a son who turns 13 in June and a daughter who is 8. I think they wold love the main pool. We do the waterparks too but on our designated resort day and evenings they would enjoy that pool :)

We had a location in Jamiaca and loved it. We were in front of the beach, and beside the quite pool. Bonus of Jamaica is that it often gets picked up first on the bus.

Well, I used to go to Wal Mart like that late at night, but then I found out about the website "People of Wal Mart" and it stopped.
:rotfl2:

Oh Daniel said if I ever tried to go out without a bra he would call the cops! :lmao: Thanks a lot, kid!
:lmao:

pas130: Can't say as I am surprised with all WL Honeymoon Suite. It is perfect for you and Brian. You deserve it. :flower3:

jennyjinx3: I'll bet you have NO PROBLEM whipping up a little weekend trip for just you two. princess::groom:

letthewookiewin: Me too. Love WL. About the noodle chair: We own them, and we have brought them to SAB pool with no issue. I think as long as you slip right in the pool and don't horse around with them you'll be just fine. We have no kids so we just take a lazy river spin and chill in a quiet end of the SAB pool and talk with our crew. The chairs don't take any sightline and you don't even see the seat. ...Enjoy planning your Riverwalk getaway.

Deena: Thought so. :rolleyes: I know your next job will be one you luvluvluv to go to each day. The first one cememted your move, and now you can find just the right fit. .... :smokin: We be there in a couple weeks. Maybe you and your DH and me and my DH can sit 15 feet away from each other agin for an hour and not know it. :crazy2:

Dixiemom: We love trying new Resorts too. Glad for your newest change to CBR.

disneydreamin247: So you love CBR? Please tell me the good stuff :) as I had kind of written it off without even staying there. :guilty: Best of luck with Danimal.

gwynne: Such a bummer to hear about the CL folks. :crazy2: We had great kids, Kevin and May, a few weeks back. But I DO know we've had some *meh* check-in experiences downstairs. Some of them can be kinda aloof, but luckily in our cases there was always another CM nearby to pick up mood in the friendly department. That said...we all know WL is KING of friendly CMs. Such nice folks over there. Glad it feels right. :goodvibes You'll have a magical blast at WL!!! pixiedust: Your ADRs sound really nice. We do bigger late lunches too when it is just us, too. Somehow we always canceling our BlueZoo. Next time. ;)

aml3679: So you booked POFQ...Changed to WL...Changed to POR...Paid Vacation Off Today! Great RC!!! Allright!!!! :cheer2:

Janet B: You'll be in Disney over Sheila's dates? These teasers are killers. Spill the new and better Disney coffee beans!!

Hi Kook, pigletsmommy, GG, MM, chimo2u, and our RC friends. :wave:

sjs314, so great to hear the news! :cool1: The number to rent the cabana is 1-407-WDW-PLAY. :beach: We did the early half-day cabana rental (which turned into a full day because nobody rented the second half :thumbsup2).

Thanks Linda I showed Bob the pics someone posted on the Poly thread and He said "that's my idea of a vacation" :rotfl: I am not sure what day we will do it yet but I have time my 180 day to book is not till May 7th :)

Our fearless leader Pas :flower3: asked me to pass along that she is thinking of you all and sends her love. :grouphug:

Two intensive nursing courses in one semester are a little too much. :scared1:

But ... On the plus side… 2 weeks to Disney!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You came to the right place to post about your epic change:grouphug:. That place didn't deserve you and you did the right thing. Does this mean you're going to apply at Central Casting?:hyper: Something bigger and better is just around the corner for you:goodvibes

I've applied just about everywhere :rolleyes1 There's one position in Downtown Disney that I've done 4 interviews on, but it's for the end of April and they haven't made decisions. The further it goes, the less that I want it. I'm working with a staffing agency to get placed, and they think they I'll be working full time in a couple weeks. Until then, my home needs some serious love and care :rotfl2:

I am happy for you Deena. You need a pleasant work environment. Too much stress is no good for your health. I am looking forward to meeting up in June!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today has been the longest day ever. Worked till 5, then went straight to parent teacher night at Danimal's school. We are having trouble with another kid bothering him, and when he tells on the kid no one does anything so Danimal retaliates on his own. I do not approve of Danimal hitting the other kid but the school needs to step it. If someone was bothering me and getting away with it I know I would hit a breaking point. And we are talking about a class of special Ed kids classified as emotionally disturbed. It's been a long and exhausting night. Everyone points the finger. Every teacher said it wasn't in their class of course. So very frustrating. Tomorrow we go back to his developmental pediatrician. I have some videos to show her and hopefully this will get her to do something new for him. There's so much going on with him that it's hard to reign everything in and get him on track. Sorry to vent. Thanks for listening!

Thanks Dani! I can't wait to meet up!! I hope you get the school issues under control :( That's really aggravating. Pixie Dust that it gets better!

Deena I knew the day was coming. I hope you can find your dream job :goodvibes

Lol, I can't believe I made it this long!! I either want a dream job, or one that pays a lot of money :goodvibes

Luv-Fingers crossed a wonderful job offer comes along. :goodvibes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you! Thank you! We've been doing tea a lot lately!! We love it!! Your plan looks amazing!!!

Deena, as I already said to you, you did the right thing by removing yourself from an unhealthy working situation that only brought you unhappiness and stress….The right position is waiting for you to discover and now you will have the time to do so :hug: We really have missed you here!

:flower3: I missed everyone so much!! Hopefully the right place for me will come around in a couple weeks. I would love to have a least another 2 weeks off to re-group, but my bank account may cry if it's too long after that :)

Deena: Thought so. :rolleyes: I know your next job will be one you luvluvluv to go to each day. The first one cememted your move, and now you can find just the right fit. .... :smokin: We be there in a couple weeks. Maybe you and your DH and me and my DH can sit 15 feet away from each other agin for an hour and not know it. :crazy2:

What gave it away?? Typhoon Lagoon on a retail Saturday? Posting nonsense in the middle of the night?

Yes, I think we should plan to sit next to each other at dinner and not know that we are there :goodvibes Let me know when you're here--if I'm around I would love to see you!!

~~~~~~

Jeanette! I love the WL Honeymoon switch!! I approve!!

Wookie: I loved your Walmart story!! Something I would totally do!!

Marie: I've been keeping your family in my thoughts!!

I know there's LOTS of other RC'ers that I've missed... but HI! :wave:

It's good to be back!

Wookie Bella totally freaks out during storms and even when she hears the emergency broadcast noise on the tv lately and she does climb up with me

Have you seen the thunder jackets you can buy? My mom was telling about a homemade type version of it, but can't remember it now.

I'm sorry your job was so miserable, you had to go to that extreme. Hopefully, you find your dream job and it pays you well.

I really dislike teenagers. I didn't like them when I was one, and I like them even less now.

I am the same way, especially groups of teenage girls. I had tossed around the idea of becoming a high school, or middle school, history teacher. Then I decided it was impossible since I can't stand teenagers, or their parents, who think their children are perfect little angels that could never ever possibly do anything wrong and I should be kissing their feet every day for them allowing me to breath the same air as their child.

I hate parent teacher nights, or open house nights. The hallways are always way too crowded. Then there are always kids with those shoes with the wheels in them, that shouldn't have them on in a school building anyway, but their parents think it's ok because "their child knows they can't use the wheels in the school, and they would never do something they weren't supposed to do." Then as soon as they get out of sight of their parents they are wheeling through the halls, dodgy in and around parents with strollers or small children, sometimes making the small child fall, or tripping up a parent.

I know our district has one, but does your district have a bullying no tolerance policy? If they don't, they should. If you aren't getting any help from the teacher, go to the vice principal, and then the principal. Part of their jobs is to keep every child safe. If they are unwilling to help, I would go above them to the district office. I would let them know, that since they aren't doing their job in keeping your son safe from a bully, you were going to the district office. I wouldn't stop until either they solved the problem, or you were sitting in the superintendents office.

I hope all goes well with the doctor. Hopefully, the video will help the doctor come up with something new to help your DS.

We stayed at the CBR back in 2004, before they did any renovations. We really loved it. Even if you don't get one of those building, you'll be fine. We were in Trinidad South, and I'm almost positive we were in building 34. One night I walked back from Old Port Royale. It was after a long day in the parks. I thought the walk went very quickly, and it was so relaxing after a long day of rush-rush-rush.

Wookie-I hope you find a great riverwalk deal! :surfweb:

Thanks, we just won't be doing it today. :headache:

Your plans look great!!

Wookie, sorry I missed your post on Walmart… I think it’s great you came back with your story … people (not only teenagers) need to have something thrown back at them to see how their words/actions can affect others. Good for you. With Joey, it's difficult to know what to do (know what you mean about being perceived as fighting his battles)...have you already discussed this situation with a guidance teacher? Perhaps talking with Joey’s last period teacher would be good, since the bullying has gone on in their classroom. :hug:

I told Joey, he has until Friday to take care of it on his own. On Monday, I will be calling to talk to the teacher.

letthewookiewin: Me too. Love WL. About the noodle chair: We own them, and we have brought them to SAB pool with no issue. I think as long as you slip right in the pool and don't horse around with them you'll be just fine. We have no kids so we just take a lazy river spin and chill in a quiet end of the SAB pool and talk with our crew. The chairs don't take any sightline and you don't even see the seat. ...Enjoy planning your Riverwalk getaway.

I swear I could just kiss you or buy you a spiced dole whip float. That was the answer I was hoping for. I just want to get in the lazy river and go round and round and round. Plus, I'll feel better about JM (well and Joey too) being in the chairs in the lazy river since they aren't strong swimmers.

Thank you. Everything is already planned, except the resort. We can't book that until the IRS gives us our money. :headache:

Our fearless leader Pas :flower3: asked me to pass along that she is thinking of you all and sends her love. :grouphug:

Two intensive nursing courses in one semester are a little too much. :scared1:

But ... On the plus side… 2 weeks to Disney!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

WOW two in one semester?? I am super impressed. I am having enough trouble with my programming class and I just have one class right now.

Well, we still do not have our tax return. :headache::mad: I assumed it would be done the morning of, but maybe they don't issues the refunds until midnight the day of or something. This is just getting beyond ridiculous. We filed on 2/2, the IRS didn't start processing Education Credits (form 8863) until 2/14, the IRS accepted our return on 2/15, and we were finally given a refund deposit date of 3/20. I'm not waiting on a paper check, but they are directly depositing into my account. It's been 46 days (1 month, 19 days) since we filed our taxes. The crazy thing is, if we had just waited until 2/27 or later to have gotten them done, we would have our money already.

A support group with donuts? Sounds good to me!

Hi to all RCers! This week has been crazy with being back in the classroom. I feel like I'm rushing all the time. But know that I'm reading your posts and at the very least I can respond a bit more next week because it's Spring Break! :-). Now if only we were going to Disney NOW as opposed to 5 months from now...

:goodvibes Hi Deena! Thanks so much for your prayers and support, it means the world to me knowing you are there :hug: I hope you find something that will make you very happy! Anyone would be blessed to have you.

When bad news comes, sometimes it seems like it rains-- last night I found out my Dad is in the hospital with a foot infection. They need to either do a bypass through his groin for blocked arteries or else if they can't get the circulation and infection under control, he may need to have his leg amputated. :( the thing is the drs are trying to figure out what procedure will be the lesser of evils -- none are a good choice really, as they don't know if he can survive the procedures. I should know in a day or two what course of action they will take. Might have to purchase a plane ticket home depending on outcomes. It's been an overwhelming month! I'm drained
Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter