• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurking in the shadows.....glad you decided to go Melissa!! :goodvibes
You deserve it, even if the kids don't...they are just along for the ride (that's how I would look at it) ::yes::

Time for night, nights!

Sweet dreams lovelies!! :cloud9:

babyberger said:
Cried for a couple hours...DH agrees with all of you, we need the weekend away. He told me I am not rewarding them, I am rewarding me, I wouldn't be punishing them, but punishing me. So guess tomorrow afternoon I will be frantically packing and loading the truck. Thanks for letting me rant/vent/cry!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Melissa, Glad you are going. Tomorrow is a new day. Sending hugs your way. :hug:

:offtopic:

Just wanted to say that it was announced that Pease Air Force Base (DH's base), was chosen to be the home of the next generation of new refueling tankers!!! They were chosen out of the whole country and my DH being the Airfield Manager, had an integral role in establishing their worthiness!!! :dance3:

I am so happy for him and everyone at Pease!!!! This was a very exciting announcement and just goes to validate the hard work that they all do there!
party:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

AWESOME!!!

I ... am ... beat.

Our gym has no AC. Only fans. As much as I like the "back to nature" approach to fitness, working out inside a weight room akin to a sauna is ugh. :headache: Supposedly they will finally bringing themselves into the modern era by the end of next month. :crazy2:

MM: Way to go! Congrats to your DH! :woohoo:

It's funny how reading the Dis boards can make you paranoid. I did online check-in last week for both CBR and AKL and added room requests online. Then I read a post on here today about how those requests weren't being relayed to the assignors. Of course, then I had to call and check they're on the reservations -- which they are. :rolleyes:

Is your gym in Somalia?! :confused3

Congrats on having the restraint to not give your boss a well deserved body slam. My DH had one like that once, and it stinks. My DH was the assistant manager at a Pizza Hut Delco (does delivery and carry out only). The DH mainly closed, but there were days, where he had to open. I remember one week the DH opened and about the time the manager should have been walking through the door, he called in and said he was sick. This meant my DH had to pull an open to close, which meant he would be at the store from about 9-10 AM, all day, until about 1-2 AM. The next day the DH had to open again. About the same time the manager called and said he was "tired" and was going to lay down and take a nap and be in later. Well later never came and the DH pulled an open to close again. This happened at least 4 days that week, but happened nearly every time my DH opened. Luckily my DH was hourly (and not salary like the manager) because I remember him putting in at least 120 hours in one pay period.

Go to the doctor!!

Hopefully, you can get something to help with the pain.

Yeah, the first visit is a little soon. Besides, weight loss surgery isn't anything to just rush into. He needed to learn more about you before suggesting it. I can maybe see bring up weight loss as, "weight loss would help this issue" or "with weight loss, you might not need these medications", but bringing up surgery on the first visit is a little soon. My DH went into the lap band when he wasn't mentally ready for it. We were lucky and our insurance paid for all but $1,500 of it. When he went into surgery he wore a 6 XL t-shirt. He pushed himself to be able to eat more and stretched out his "2nd stomach". Then he stopped going for fills, because it hurt to get them. My DH still wears a 6XL t-shirt. Basically, we paid for him to have surgery and all it did was keep him from being able to eat and drink what he wants. He just can't eat steak, too much bread, has trouble with ground beef, and can't drink sodas. I wish we had just not had it done.

What a terrible thing for a boss to do. My boss pretty much does nothing all day. Sits in her office, doesn't help with the workload, and gives everyone her crap to do on top of everything else there is to do. I'm over it. It's causing my pain to flare up.

My BFF had the lapband done a year ago and she's hardly lost any weight. She hates it and is in the process of getting it removed so she can get the sleeve. I don't know much about the sleeve, but my uncle's wife had it done and lost 50 lbs. I personally do not believe in a lot of modern medicine, and try to avoid medical interventions as much as possible. That's why Lily came into the world 9 days late. She knew when she was ready!

Dani :hug: My DS had gastric bypass and lost 100 lbs, went from someone who loved to eat to a person who had to limit what he could eat or get extremely sick. The last couple of years he put on 15-20 lbs even eating less.

I been trying to stick to 1200 Cal a day but it is hard and I do over most days, eating out is no fun. Not sure what to tell you but hope you feel better and no crazy diets.

Melissa If you stay home won't you get really depressed? I know I would regret it later, why punish yourself?

Gastric bypass really messes people up. I woud definitely not do that. My mom had it done (and would kill me if she knew I told anyone lol) and it totally messed up her body. She can't digest anything anymore. She also ate things she shouldn't have and totally nullified the surgery.

Shoot Melissa. I'm sorry things have been so rough. :hug: Maybe a weekend away will help everybody decompress and unwind. Like hitting the reset button perhaps? I don't know. I wish I could help more. :goodvibes

Hello to everybody else :wave:. I've been reading a bit, but not much time to post since DD2 decided to give up napping. :sad2:
I dread the day that happens.

Melissa: Go. You deserve it. :hug: And don't worry about the "rewarding bad behavior" bit -- it's your birthday and you need the time away.

Ginny: :rotfl: Yep, that's why I married my hubs... he's the math / science guru. He gets to be stuck with all those homework questions when the time comes. We're top-of-the-class in Dis-math and that's all that matters. :dance3:

I_Heart: Hey you! :hug: Oh nooooo about the napping. Miss M gave hers up at age 2 as well. You have my sympathies. :laughing:

Janet: Hope your Y has AC! :faint:

Dani: Did you make an appt. to see the doc? I think we need to take Sheila's suggestion and accompany you both on your next visit, we can slap them both upside the head. :laughing:

I'm going to sit back and have a glass of wine ... for my health. :thumbsup2
No appt yet....was busy all day. I will try to get to it tomorrow. ;)

Like, Candace, I've been lurking in the shadows, too:ssst:. You are one tough bunch to keep up with;)

A ticker removal occurred this week, a consequence of canceling three room-only reservations and lots of dining. It's related to DH having new work commitments that mean he can't be away for more than about one week at a time for a few months. We were going to WDW for two weeks in part so that he could use up some leave. He's ironically in a 'use or lose' situation so he needs to use up a couple of weeks before the end of FY '13. Also ironically, he's not being furloughed so the cancelation has nothing to do with that.

We thought it'd be better to take a couple of week-long vacations that we could drive to in a day, so we'll go to a cabin in TN and a resort here in VA, which we love. As you can imagine, I'm having cabin confusion:laughing:. So many great ones to choose from so back to my pro-con list I go later.

MissPackingCube: I loved Dani's comment about where your gym is located! My gym was just re-done and I kept worrying that they would take away MY fans. I have to have MY fan on me when I jog, so I can't imagine no fans nor AC:crazy2:. Do you need to change gyms? We don't want you passing out on us.

Dani: Have a great trip and leave your worries behind:goodvibes. Will you post here sometimes while you're at the Poly?

Janet: 10 PM and you're out and about? I think I was looking at my eyelids about that time:faint:

Jeanette: I know you made a big change due to the anonymous tickerage you've changed to. I have to backtrack and find out what happened.

Melissa: Don't even worry about packing - just go. You only need what you have on - it's FL! DH is exactly right that this is for YOU not for the kids.

Ginny: Great to have a math guy close by. I love this Mental Floss t-shirt: "I'm an English major, you do the math."

Candace: Love the family's choice of WL/CL! Let's hope for another year of the military 40% off rate (and for Ginny, too:)).

:grouphug: and :wave: to everyone!

What pisses me off is I have lost 16 lbs since last year, I told Bob I should have smacked him upside the head

Sheila: :headache: I would've felt like that too. What kind of Dr. tells someone that???

I loved the convenience of the Poly to the TTC and a quick monorail trip to Epcot or MK. I loved the feel and smell of the Beach Club and the boat ride to DHS. And I REALLY liked the view of the lake as you went out the back of the BC. SAB wasn't as awesome as I'd thought it would be (for us because of the ages of the kids I think and the fact that DS is a scaredy cat and wouldn't go down the slide). I also did NOT enjoy the walk to Epcot in the heat, but it might've been different if we hadn't been in a rush to get somewhere whenever we went to Epcot...

I'm excited to try AKL this time around and CR/BLT is still on my bucket list for sure!! I'd also like to try GF and WL sometime...if it weren't for that stupid clown slide, I'd add BWI to the list as well, but alas...that's just not happening.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Koh: AK Lodge would be on the list for us too if we all fit in one room. I bet it will be amazing there!:thumbsup2

My DH reminded me that since we are going this summer, we won't have to do WDW for at least 2 more years :sad:

Pas: Yikes, two years!! Do you think that will stick? My DH is back on the not going in November kick. :sad2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3115309

It's a work in progress...but I have some announcements to make :goodvibes

Going to check it out!:thumbsup2

Jen: You really typed out our very exact feelings on it. There was just something about BC that really hooked us. It wasn't just SAB -- although that was a HUGE part of it -- it was the location, too. We felt it was more "us" ... :beach: :hug: Super-glad you guys loved it so much. Did Neil make any celebration buttons for you guys? He goes crazy making those.

Miss: YES!! As a matter of fact he made three gorgeous buttons for them complete with glitter glue Minnie heads, sparkly markers and stickers!

Thank you everyone! I used to hate my bday falling around Memorial Day because all my friends were away, but now I love being able to make a long weekend of celebrating :banana:

Melissa: Count me in for wishing you a Happy Birthday!!

:offtopic:Just wanted to say that it was announced that Pease Air Force Base (DH's base), was chosen to be the home of the next generation of new refueling tankers!!! They were chosen out of the whole country and my DH being the Airfield Manager, had an integral role in establishing their worthiness!!!

Candace: Wow! That is really amazing, and great news for your DH!!:yay:

Asked the family where we should stay next year........

The

Answer

Was.....

Wilderness Lodge Club Level!!!!!

Candace!! Sounds like a great choice to me!! I approve!!:dance3:

Cried for a couple hours...DH agrees with all of you, we need the weekend away. He told me I am not rewarding them, I am rewarding me, I wouldn't be punishing them, but punishing me. So guess tomorrow afternoon I will be frantically packing and loading the truck. Thanks for letting me rant/vent/cry!

Melissa: Aw...sometimes a good cry helps to let it out (not that I would know :rolleyes1) But really, you deserve a break from the norm, you work so hard with your kiddos! Glad you are going.:grouphug:

Like, Candace, I've been lurking in the shadows, too:ssst:. You are one tough bunch to keep up with;)
We thought it'd be better to take a couple of week-long vacations that we could drive to in a day, so we'll go to a cabin in TN and a resort here in VA, which we love. As you can imagine, I'm having cabin confusion:laughing:. So many great ones to choose from so back to my pro-con list I go later.

Kook: Those still sound like fab family vacations! Hope you can narrow it down to pick a cabin!

Well, not the greatest night here last night, DD7 started soccer (which we are coaching again along with DD4 team) we missed DD8 fly up advancement ceremony for Girl Guides. She went with a friends family instead. :guilty:
I missed a retirement party for my former boss of 15 years :sad2: and I was not happy about it. I know we sign the kiddos up for these activities but sometimes I feel a bit resentful[/SIZE] that I have to seem to give up things that are important to me occasionally. Sigh, DH and I were both cranky and somehow our talk turned to the trip, and you guessed it. Its a no go again. :headache:

Have a great day everyone!!

Sheila: :headache: I would've felt like that too. What kind of Dr. tells someone that???

Koh: AK Lodge would be on the list for us too if we all fit in one room. I bet it will be amazing there!:thumbsup2

Pas: Yikes, two years!! Do you think that will stick? My DH is back on the not going in November kick. :sad2:

Going to check it out!:thumbsup2

Jen: You really typed out our very exact feelings on it. There was just something about BC that really hooked us. It wasn't just SAB -- although that was a HUGE part of it -- it was the location, too. We felt it was more "us" ... :beach: :hug: Super-glad you guys loved it so much. Did Neil make any celebration buttons for you guys? He goes crazy making those.

Miss: YES!! As a matter of fact he made three gorgeous buttons for them complete with glitter glue Minnie heads, sparkly markers and stickers!

Melissa: Count me in for wishing you a Happy Birthday!!

Candace: Wow! That is really amazing, and great news for your DH!!:yay:

Candace!! Sounds like a great choice to me!! I approve!!:dance3:

Melissa: Aw...sometimes a good cry helps to let it out (not that I would know :rolleyes1) But really, you deserve a break from the norm, you work so hard with your kiddos! Glad you are going.:grouphug:

Kook: Those still sound like fab family vacations! Hope you can narrow it down to pick a cabin!

Well, not the greatest night here last night, DD7 started soccer (which we are coaching again along with DD4 team) we missed DD8 fly up advancement ceremony for Girl Guides. She went with a friends family instead. :guilty:
I missed a retirement party for my former boss of 15 years :sad2: and I was not happy about it. I know we sign the kiddos up for these activities but sometimes I feel a bit resentful[/SIZE] that I have to seem to give up things that are important to me occasionally. Sigh, DH and I were both cranky and somehow our talk turned to the trip, and you guessed it. Its a no go again. :headache:

Have a great day everyone!!

I keep forgetting that your cruise is part of your November trip. Would that be cancelled too? :(

I still think that you are not far enough removed from your trip to discuss a new one yet. Wait a bit....it will come.

I here you on giving things up for the kids....we are the same exact way. Now, even our plans for our anniversary night next month were in jeopardy! But, luckily it's working out. All DH wanted was to have dinner with me, alone. :love:
We are always doing stuff with our group of friends, so alone time was sounding great! But then we got a birthday invite for DD6 BFF for that night....:eek:

Luckily, her BFF lives across the street and her parents are our good friends and they have said they will take our girls to/from the party and keep them until we are done!!! :banana: Now we don't even have to pay for a babysitter!!! :woohoo:

Well, back into the shadows....waiting (not so) patiently for word on military discounts....:surfweb:

ETA: the quote got messed up....not sure how the rest of Jen's post ended up on top???

Candace: I know, I shouldn't be pressing the issue right now, but I cannot help myself. It's like I cannot function properly if I don't know for sure we are going back soon! :crazy2: And yes the cruise is part of this trip. :sad:

It makes me feel better to hear you sometimes have those thoughts about the kids stuff, I was feeling a bit guilty about that last night. It was just hard because I have worked at my job for 24 years this year and have worked with the last boss for a long time. She really looked after me with my hours and working around my kids schedules. I will have to send her a card to say thank you instead.:confused3

GM All :wave:

Rainy day here :( the today show is in Orlando @ US and Bob mentioned hw he really likes the look of The Italian Hotel (PBR) so it should be an easy sell, now just have to decide when :idea:

Dani I think the surgery messed up my DS more than he let on.

Candace: I know, I shouldn't be pressing the issue right now, but I cannot help myself. It's like I cannot function properly if I don't know for sure we are going back soon! :crazy2: And yes the cruise is part of this trip. :sad:

It makes me feel better to hear you sometimes have those thoughts about the kids stuff, I was feeling a bit guilty about that last night. It was just hard because I have worked at my job for 24 years this year and have worked with the last boss for a long time. She really looked after me with my hours and working around my kids schedules. I will have to send her a card to say thank you instead.:confused3

I know what you mean. I kind of feel like having a trip planned allows me to deal better with all of the demands of everyday life because I know we have Disney in the end!!! :goodvibes

I added a ticker for next year. Haven't booked it yet (waiting for rates to be released as well as word on mil discount), but, it's happening. :woohoo:

My family so can't wait to get back to the WL!!! :dance3:

My boss pretty much does nothing all day. Sits in her office, doesn't help with the workload, and gives everyone her crap to do on top of everything else there is to do. I'm over it. It's causing my pain to flare up.
Sis, I got in an argument with one of the managers last night. DH summed it up, he said "Nett...they let you clean up the place, then sent you to the other ER to clean up there too...it makes them look good with minimal effort" I am over it as well...I want to call out SO bad..but wit a trip pending...it would give me a pay cut for 2 weeks (they lower the hourly pay if you call out) so I have to suck it up buttercup...but I am NOT HAPPY :mic:
My BFF had the lapband done a year ago and she's hardly lost any weight. She hates it and is in the process of getting it removed so she can get the sleeve. I don't know much about the sleeve, but my uncle's wife had it done and lost 50 lbs. I personally do not believe in a lot of modern medicine, and try to avoid medical interventions as much as possible. That's why Lily came into the world 9 days late. She knew when she was ready!

Gastric bypass really messes people up. I woud definitely not do that. My mom had it done (and would kill me if she knew I told anyone lol) and it totally messed up her body. She can't digest anything anymore. She also ate things she shouldn't have and totally nullified the surgery.
My thoughts on gastric bypass/lap band....does it work..yes, if you blocked 2/3 of your stomach of course you're gonna lose weight...is it safe. Well....IMO... I have seen really bad complications, and seen co-workers die, remember it is surgery. And being overweight doesn't kill people...heart disease, uncontrolled diabetes...etc...that kills people. But I think this surgery is looked at like a quick fix, people don't realize the pain and vomiting that can occur indefinitely post-op...we do bariatric surgery. When I have patients come in with complications..sometimes months later, it's hard to see them in so much pain

A ticker removal occurred this week, a consequence of canceling three room-only reservations and lots of dining. It's related to DH having new work commitments that mean he can't be away for more than about one week at a time for a few months. We were going to WDW for two weeks in part so that he could use up some leave. He's ironically in a 'use or lose' situation so he needs to use up a couple of weeks before the end of FY '13. Also ironically, he's not being furloughed so the cancelation has nothing to do with that.

:hug: Are the cabins changeable???? It's like WL in real life, sounds awesome!!

Pas: Yikes, two years!! Do you think that will stick? My DH is back on the not going in November kick. [\QUOTE] We have Universal in 2014..there's always hope. I was changing a pic in a frame. I said to DH this is from 2009 (Tusker House breakfast) we stayed at FWC it was a fantastic trip, and he replied, every 4 years is enough of Disney....uhhhh NO!!!

Well, back into the shadows....waiting (not so) patiently for word on military discounts....

ETA: the quote got messed up....not sure how the rest of Jen's post ended up on top???
CONGRATS on WL CL...fingers crossed for the Military discount, you ALL deserve it for what is sacrificed !!! :grouphug:

:hug: And Iam sure she understands why...kinda like why I can't get together with my BFF :crazy2: I want to make plans...but the kids want and need me home..then the guilt trip from DH....:rolleyes2

Dani I think the surgery messed up my DS more than he let on.
:hug:

Dani & Jeanette Drs are overly obsessive about weight. I hate it since I never really had a weight problem until after going through menopause
Yeah they go by ideal weight....I should be 110 by height...yeah I was that weight in 8th grade :rotfl2:

Sheila and Wookie I have had a weight problem since I was young and they had to pump me full of steroids constantly during frequent hospitalizations. I wish he would do some tests to see why I have such a hard time losing weight instead of just recommending surgery. When I lost 100 pounds I literally starved myself. Less than 400 calories a day and excessive exercising.
The steroids throw your metabolism, and endocrine system WAY off sis!!!

Need some mommy advice. Been having horrible afternoons with Sarah, Steven had another horrible morning at school, and I am thinking I don't want to go away this weekend. I feel like taking them out of school for the day and heading to spend 4 days at the beach and my parents pool is kinda rewarding the bad behavior. I don't even want to be with them on my bday. The drive is too long for me to go myself, plus I do want to be with DH on my bday. I already told the kids we aren't going and did not pack today. As DH says, I am cutting off my nose to spite my face. But I am so angry, sad, tired I can't think straight.

What would you do?

SO gladyour going to the beach, YOU need it :beach::hug:

Oh and I saw this picture the other day and thought it would be perfect for the RC compound. We can have our own special Red Solo Cup Wine Glasses...
LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Our gym has no AC. Only fans. As much as I like the "back to nature" approach to fitness, working out inside a weight room akin to a sauna is ugh. :headache: Supposedly they will finally bringing themselves into the modern era by the end of next month.
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't do It!

:woohoo: More RC's!!! Yay!
:hug:

Just saw that Kona will start having sushi at lunchtime too!! I think I may have to get a lunch ADR there one day and change back to Raglan Road for dinner on our resort day!! :-)

OH and I also saw that Walmart is now carrying Disney paint. Maybe they will have the little LGMH??

Hi RC family!! Love and hugs to all!!! Frantic day ahead, last couple of errands, pick up Steven, play teacher, pick up Sarah, finish laundry and pack. Tomorrow I start the day with an IEP meeting at school, then off to Steven's psychologist which is 40 min away, swing back by the school to pick up Sarah and come home to load up my truck and make an early dinner. As soon as DH gets home, changes, and eats we will hit the road! Hopefully get to my parents about 10pm. Crazy couple of days but I'll get to wake up on my birthday already on vacation and my mom promised mimosas as a birthday breakfast beverage :)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Oooo, Birthday Mimosas! I like that! Happy Birthday to you! Mine is Saturday! So I think I will be dropping some Mimosa hints lol!

Thanks! I'm hoping they will give me pain medication for our trip because if I am suffering like this it will really put a damper on it.
Hugs

[B said:
Sue & Koh:[/B] My AKL enablers... :rotfl: I added Sunset Savannah to the requests. :scratchin

Good morning to all of you folks. Will be back in a bit. :grouphug:
You'll have to let us know what you get!!!!

:offtopic:

Just wanted to say that it was announced that Pease Air Force Base (DH's base), was chosen to be the home of the next generation of new refueling tankers!!! They were chosen out of the whole country and my DH being the Airfield Manager, had an integral role in establishing their worthiness!!! :dance3:

I am so happy for him and everyone at Pease!!!! This was a very exciting announcement and just goes to validate the hard work that they all do there!
party:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Congrats

Fantastic!!! :dance3: Kudos to your DH and the rest of the base!!

Sue, teenagers can make it difficult too. Happy that your older DD can make the trip with you! Does this mean you may try to schedule another trip around your younger DD's schedule?? :)
Hmmmm, when she gets some sort of schedule. Busy girl! Graduates in June, has her summer job as Camp program director, then in Sept hopefully finds a job in her field. She tells me I'm not allowed to go to Universal Harry Potter till she can come! Which is why I ended up adding 2 days at GF to my wdw vacay this summer. I had fleeting idea of going to Universal, wrong!!

Asked the family where we should stay next year........

The

Answer

Was.....

Wilderness Lodge Club Level!!!!!

It was unanimous and pretty much came out of everyone's mouth simultaneously.....so, I think that's what I would like to book!!! pixiedust:
Love WL!! Great choice. I think for our January trip I'd like to go back. It's been a couple of years!! We will see what discounts come out ;)

Need some mommy advice. Been having horrible afternoons with Sarah, Steven had another horrible morning at school, and I am thinking I don't want to go away this weekend. I feel like taking them out of school for the day and heading to spend 4 days at the beach and my parents pool is kinda rewarding the bad behavior. I don't even want to be with them on my bday. The drive is too long for me to go myself, plus I do want to be with DH on my bday. I already told the kids we aren't going and did not pack today. As DH says, I am cutting off my nose to spite my face. But I am so angry, sad, tired I can't think straight.

What would you do?

Glad you decided to go!! Happy Birthday to us :laughing:

Koh what? No WDW for 2 yrs? :scared1: bet ya can't do it!!

Love WL!! Great choice. I think for our January trip I'd like to go back. It's been a couple of years!! We will see what discounts come out ;)

I didn't say that...Jeanette did. :-) but it is basically the same as my DH's belief as well...we'll see how this trip goes first!

That was Jeanette not me!! But DH says the same thing basically...we'll see after this trip :-)

disneydreamin247 said:
Sheila and Wookie I have had a weight problem since I was young and they had to pump me full of steroids constantly during frequent hospitalizations. I wish he would do some tests to see why I have such a hard time losing weight instead of just recommending surgery. When I lost 100 pounds I literally starved myself. Less than 400 calories a day and excessive exercising.

Yeah, what kind of dr is that??? I think a lot of dr's would run tests first. Maybe it's your thyroid?

babyberger said:

As others have said, today is a new day!!! I agree with your DH, you would regret not going. I hope you have a wonderful time and a happy birthday!!

WOOKIE - LOVE the RC Compound wine glasses!! They are so versatile too ;)

I know, you can put wine, beer, mixed drinks, or soda in them.

Wookie-I love the Red Solo cup goblets. That's the perfect pattern for any RC celebration! :cool1:

The only thing that would make them more perfect would be a few well placed MH's.

When I was a kid, I was always super tiny, until puperty hit. By my senior year I was about a size 14 and have ballooned up to about a 20-22 (depending on the fit and brand of jeans). I was able to lose a pant size in a month one time. I would eat a ruby red grapefruit in the morning, a lemon pepper grilled chicken breast with a couple of tablespoons of wild rice for lunch, and then just ate a smaller portion of whatever for dinner. I only drank two Dr Peppers a day and drank at least 64 oz of water. I worked at a day care, and that was my only form of exercise. I really need to work on losing weight, it's just hard when you have no control over what you fix for dinner. I have to make what the fil wants, which always includes mashed potatoes. Even if I make a hamburger helper type meal that has pasta in it, he still wants mashed potatoes. I'm going to start on portion control and drinking more water. Then, hopefully starting on Monday, I'm going to start walking in the morning. It will help me lose weight and get ready for our September WDW trip.

I'm glad you already decided to go. I was going to suggest that you do. You do all, especially you, need a weekend away. Maybe part of the kids behavior is from them being stressed and needing something like this.

What a terrible thing for a boss to do. My boss pretty much does nothing all day. Sits in her office, doesn't help with the workload, and gives everyone her crap to do on top of everything else there is to do. I'm over it. It's causing my pain to flare up.

He's had some pretty bad ones. When he worked for Wendy's, he had another bad one. My DH was fired, I don't think they put this as the official reason for it, but it was for stealing, which is something my DH just wouldn't do. After my DH was fired, the district manager found out it the manager was going through a divorce and bankruptcy (which that word just looks like it's spelled wrong, even though it's not) and it was the manager that was stealing the money.

The thing is, my mil (a nurse) didn't want him to have either done. She had seen too many of them both go wrong when she was a surg-tech. It's just when the doctor you've had for years tells you that your hubby has three choices 1) Lapband 2) Gastric Bypass 3) have a widow maker of a heart attack by at least 40 and he will be dead before he hits the floor, you go with the lesser of three evils. This was why we went with the Lapband. He just admitted last night that he was having some pain near his band. I know we need to get him to the doctor, I'm just not sure the one we can see can do anything for him. It just really stinks to not have insurance.

:grouphug: and :wave: to everyone!

I don't know if you see them on FB, but there is a FB page that has the most amazing cabins in the Gatlinburg area. They all seem to have a hot tub on one of the porches, and some even have indoor pools. I would love to stay at one of them.

I still think that you are not far enough removed from your trip to discuss a new one yet. Wait a bit....it will come.

I here you on giving things up for the kids....we are the same exact way. Now, even our plans for our anniversary night next month were in jeopardy! But, luckily it's working out. All DH wanted was to have dinner with me, alone. :love:
We are always doing stuff with our group of friends, so alone time was sounding great! But then we got a birthday invite for DD6 BFF for that night....:eek:

Luckily, her BFF lives across the street and her parents are our good friends and they have said they will take our girls to/from the party and keep them until we are done!!! :banana: Now we don't even have to pay for a babysitter!!! :woohoo:

Well, back into the shadows....waiting (not so) patiently for word on military discounts....:surfweb:

That is great you don't have to pay for baby sitting. I hope y'all have a great night. I was just thinking about our wedding anniversary last night and I don't think we'll do anything on our actual anniversary (July 1st). I'm sure we'll take the boys to see what ever Summer Blockbuster comes out that week, but that's about it. I'm looking at our WDW trip as an anniversary one and we'll just save our money for that.

I know what you mean. I kind of feel like having a trip planned allows me to deal better with all of the demands of everyday life because I know we have Disney in the end!!! :goodvibes

I tell my DH that having a WDW to plan for helps keep me sane.

My thoughts on gastric bypass/lap band....does it work..yes, if you blocked 2/3 of your stomach of course you're gonna lose weight...is it safe. Well....IMO... I have seen really bad complications, and seen co-workers die, remember it is surgery. And being overweight doesn't kill people...heart disease, uncontrolled diabetes...etc...that kills people. But I think this surgery is looked at like a quick fix, people don't realize the pain and vomiting that can occur indefinitely post-op...we do bariatric surgery. When I have patients come in with complications..sometimes months later, it's hard to see them in so much pain

My mil has seen some pretty bad things happen to people with both Lapband and Gastric Bypass. Your right, I don't think people realize the pain and problems that will come after the surgery. For instance, my DH can eat mashed potatoes and they don't bother him. However, he can only eat a few French fries before "he hits a wall", and then has to stop eating because he's in pain. I just wish we had the money to remove it. At this point it causes more problems that it has helped him.

OH and I also saw that Walmart is now carrying Disney paint. Maybe they will have the little LGMH??

It would be great if they would. Although if you really need a couple I think I have some where between 10 and 20 of the LGMHs left. I'm going to make one to go on our backpack, so I only need 2 of them if you want the rest.

Hi all! :wave2: Not sure what I've been doing lately but for some unknown reason I haven't been on the Dis .... miss all my lovely RC ladies. :grouphug:

As of Monday I'm back doing my water exercise after not doing it for a couple of years .... love it! Getting ready to go in a few minutes. Day 4 does not a habit make but it's a start! Tomorrow I'll do my class and then we're heading up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend.

Nothing new on the Disney planning front for me. Still in a holding pattern for Oct/Nov. All resorts reserved and ADRs made now I just need to see if the trip is a go or we need to cancel. :sad2:

Have a great morning/afternoon .... back later.

Good Morning my dear friends! :goodvibes
all this talk about Dr's has got me joining in with my own worries! I just went to the DR yesterday for a physical -- I had missed the dreaded "ladies exam" for 8 yrs from procrastination - well -- yesterday it was time, and all was done! let's just say it was needed, I found out why I am having some issues I am having and it might be time for another surgery in the future :( The problem is the specialist/ Gyno Dr. is only bookable 1 day per month, and they missed the date for this month already. They can't book again until June 19 - and then it's looking like an AUGUST appointment!! Wow! it's a never-ending waiting game to see specialists sometimes!
So, I'm holding and waiting to get an appointment.

Second issue, and one that I have to start taking care of: My diabetes has gotten worse. my blood sugar is raised from 7.4 last yr. to now 8.6. He put me on a new medication that's supposed to be better than metformin, and cut my metformin to 1/2 a pill twice daily, as it was giving me nasty stomach issues..... the new pill has a positive side effect in that it promotes weight loss :) I can deal with that! Right now I am sitting at 200lbs and would like to lose about 20lbs. My DR said he's not even focusing on my goal, his goal for me is to just start with 10lbs! He's such a nice DR....I really like him, he never rushes me and always takes time to explain things.

So....I guess I'll just focus on the first 10 lbs, then try eating healthier, and also start taking my medication instead of blowing it off.... as I was doing all last year.I just was in denial about the diabetes diagnosis. I wanted to change things around without medication - just by diet and exercise, but I wasn't making big enough changes to make a difference. My DR. said give it 3 months focused on my walking program, taking my new medication, and eating healthier. he's ordered blood work for 3 months from now and wants me to see the "promised improvement" when I come back to see him. I am going to give him my cooperation and hope my blood sugar gets under control, and my own weight loss starts to happen for me!

As to Disney trips - Sadly, as I mentioned, our Christine had to cancel coming on the Diva trip. I had feelers out for another fellow Canadian to join my room, but she has decided to keep the commitment to the other roomates she had joined with, and she doesn't mind sharing a bed with 3 or 4 other girls in the room. I'm different, I like my privacy, and I definitely don't want to share beds with anyone as I am a mover and a blanket hogger, and I don't even like sharing a queen bed with my own DH!!! I don't mind having one roommate, but that's all I'd like, unless there was a daybed for the 3 person. / or if the other 2 didn't mind sharing beds, then that could work work too.....BUT, I am finding it hard to find a roommate.

I am at the point where I am seriously considering canceling myself from the DIVA trip. As much as I'd love to go, some of the excitement has gone out of it for me without Christine. I know I would probably settle in and make new friends givien time, I just feel in a funk about it now. Also I am planning that huge Disney trip for my son's grad present in 2015 -- I promised him and his GF to bring them to WDW, and shoshana (DS 17's GF) has never been before, so it will be a fun trip showing someone new all our favourite things. I know I'll need about 10K for that trip to do it as I want. I'll either want to stay at BWI Deluxe CL room, or Kidani 1 BDRM with Deluxe Dining. -- either way it will be a expensive trip, and the longer to save, the better. I am thinking my savings could go better towards that trip, because the DIVA trip will run me around 2K regardless with airfare, tickets, food and transportation/spending money. That's 2K that could go towards our 2015 Disney fund. My head just does not seem into the Diva trip right now. I haven't officially cancelled yet, but it is very much on my mind today.
I already bought my flight, and it will mean a loss of some money for cancelling my airfare, but at least they will put the difference into a travel bank for me to use in the future......
I somehow think it might be the more responsible thing to wait and just continue saving for WDW with my DH, son, and his GF -- it's only about 20 months away when you think of it!

I just got a email from my Cousin that the CM's are saying this weekend will be crazy in the world. He didn't realize he booked over Memorial day weekend!!! so yes, it's going to be crazy busy. He's thinking about perhaps doing something else on Saturday, as they've done all the parks by now, and I recommeded perhaps leaving and going to Gator Land for the day. His young son is mesmorized by crocodiles, and I think they'd really like that! I threw out the idea to him, so we will see what he decides. I also threw out the idea of just having a pool day/ and maybe going to do mini golf at winter summerland since they are staying at AKL. They have ulitimate tickets so it will cover the admission.

I am waiting to hear back from him, he's not crazy about the thoughts of the large crowds he can already feel descending on the world! they are booked to go to Universal on Sunday. I told him to concentrate most of his day at IOA, except for his lunch which I said he must do at Mythos!!! but also told him to beeline for that express pass at the front gate as sooon as he gets there! He's going to need it on Sunday, I think!
Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter