Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Marie. We went to Disney one year Memorial Day week and made the mistake of going to MK.......I think we waited for like every ride and it took us what seemed like hours to get a bus back to YC.

I think I might cancel too if I were you now that Christine can't go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we had a wicked storm blow through complete with hail and winds that took down a tree around the corner from me so we lost power from 4-6:30pm. It was very humid but at least power came back before sunset.

Bella was up on the couch next to me, first crack of thunder she becomes my buddy but when the hail started and the winds picked up she about knocked me off trying to crawl behind me. I have to say her reaction scared the piss out of me! I thought we were having a tornado with the wind and hail and poof no power all at once. :scared:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Oh man! Sorry you didn't like your food. We LOVED it there!!! Everything. We had the best server! The atmosphere was perfect and we all got steak, which we all loved!!! We too, loved the French onion soup. (And did you know that it's vegetarian?!?!?!) and DD9 got the Grey Stuff which was pretty yummo!!!

Speaking of which, I am not sure if I even told any one you guys...but I did do a dining report....I still have a little left to go when I get a chance. ::yes::

Hope everyone is OK!!

4. basketlacey

basketlacey DIS Veteran

Hope all my California friends are ok!

Pas - you'll never make it two years with no trips but you can allow you dh to live in his dream world bwaaaahahahaha

Marie - so sorry you are dealing with your own health issues now! You need to take care of yourself along with taking care of Allen! I definitely see where you are coming from on the Diva trip. I want to do that someday so let's put it on our bucket list!

Jenny - I definitely see November in your future. You didn't buy the APs for nothing!

Candace - yeah for WL CL! We almost booked Punta Cana for this summer. We still might. It was a family friendly all-inclusive and quite frankly, maybe even a little less than a week at WDW (especially at summer prices). Dh asked if I wanted to do Disney but I am not sure I want to fight both the heat and the crowds at the same time. Ugh. Oh and congrats to Dh!

Wookie - any updates on the puppy? Is it still a possibility?

Dani - hope you feel better soon! Oh and from a few days back - I would definitely take mine to WDW by myself. I think with the bus/monorail system and the family friendly environment, this is one of the best places to tackle solo with kids. Now my kids are older than yours so factor that in (but I have one more).

I lost my place but who had the doc that was an ******? Hugs to you my friend!

Melissa - happiest birthday! I am glad you decided to go to the beach!

Koh, Linda, Ginny, Janet, Kook, Sheila, and anyone I missed - good morning!

~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~

so it's been a crazy week here. Our oldest graduated from 8th grade. We are so very proud of her. She received many awards and a couple of scholarships for high school. I spent some one on one time with her this week and it was great. She is definitely growing up but I am proud of who she is becoming.

Today is the last day of school for my other two kids! I need to go put them on the bus! Have a wonderful holiday weekend everyone!

5. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hi Lacey! Congrats on your DD graduating from grade 8!! It sounds like she is an awesome kid!!pixiedust:

Just had to pop in, I am being bad today, very bad!!:bitelip:
    RC ALERT!!!

Nov 17 - 23 Beach Club SV CL!!!

:ssst::rotfl:

6. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

I'm so far behind! :upsidedow

Good morning to all of you...

Melissa and Sue:

:cheer2: Have a FABULOUS BIRTHDAY WEEKEND! :cheer2:

GG: Eeeeep. Glad you're okay. :hug:

Sheila: Glad it was none of your trees! We had to turn our heat back on yesterday. :eek:

Ginny: How's your weather? Crazy as ours, I assume. :laughing:

MM: Yeeeeeees! Your HOME! Excellent choice. :thumbsup2

Dani: :lmao::lmao: about Somalia. Yes, it certainly feels that way when it's hot out. You seeing the docs today? :hug: (Just call me Ms. McNaggs.) We need you well so you can entice us with your photos.

Kooksterama: I need a "MY fan" I think. :laughing: Today's it's only in the mid-50's so I should be good to go. :eek: Our Disney jaunt is timed perfectly. Hopefully they've got that AC in by the time we're back.

Lacey: Congrats to your DD! :goodvibes

Koh: We really enjoyed Raglan Road. :thumbsup2

Wookster: We quite enjoyed CHH. Also, Pinocchio's Haus had some pretty tasty flatbreads.

No no no, not "bad" ... that's very, super FANTABULOSO! :worship: :dance3: Yaaaaay for SAB!

~~------------------------------~~

Seems to be a running theme around here with kiddos acting up before vacations... or 3-day weekends. :confused3 Had a huge dose of it last night. I'm not cancelling but I sure was considering it. :rolleyes: Eesh. Today's a new day... and if it isn't a good one, I'll beat some goodness into it by this evening -- or die trying. :laughing: (Today's a workout day.)

7. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:rotfl::thumbsup2
    So funny you should ask and I'm going a bit :offtopic: here:flower3:, but booking cabins in the Smokies is nothing like booking Disney. All of them require payment in full about 14-30 days prior to arrival with no refunds for cancelations at that point and no changes allowed. Some will let you apply your payment to a future stay, but that's about it for any flexibility.

The resort we chose in Gatlinburg, actually has an insurance policy that you can add to your booking. I asked DH if we should add it even though it would be $175 (it's 6% of the cost). Without it we could still cancel up to 14 days prior and only lose a $45 admin. fee and they'd apply the first night's deposit to a future stay. DH said, "A lot can happen two weeks before a trip":rolleyes1 and we'd lose thousands, so as you can imagine, I'm adding the insurance. Most TN resorts don't offer it as an option so I see it as a sign that this is the resort for us (and all RCs;)).

Back to your regularly scheduled RC programming...

I'm not a Facebooker, but I've done a lot of research - that's part of the fun, isn't it? We love all the amenities the cabins offer and the amazing views and privacy. This one has the arcade style game system I have to have, hot tub, jacuzzi, flat screens everywhere, fire pit and hammock, 3 baths for 3 people:laughing:, pool table... It's 2000 SF of Smoky Mt. FUN!

Happy birthday a day early! No dieting allowed on your birthday weekend:goodvibes

They are scary because at first you discount it as an earthquake and assume it's something else. By the time you realize, it may be too late to take cover. Did you check for cracks in the house? Be safe, Linda.

Marie: I'm with the others - I would cancel the Diva Trip and put the funds toward your future trip with DS and DGF. There's no point in going if it just doesn't 'feel right' anymore:hug:

8. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Marie and Christine so sorry you won't be joining me on the Diva trip this year. I was looking forward to having some RC friends there! :thumbsup2 I do understand .... so many wonderful things to do and so little money. Since the trip seems to be getting more popular each year I'm sure it will be around if and when you decide to go. I have over 1000 pictures from our group photo pass .... so there should be at least a couple of DD and me in there somewhere. I really should figure out how to post pics on the Dis .... :confused3

9. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

BC CL?? Yeah!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the support about the Diva trip! I was feeling down knowing I wouldn't have a Disney trip for 20 months to look forward to - but in the large scheme of things I know those months will fly by and it will come before I know it. I actually feel relief knowing I have longer to save now, and I would much rather put my money towards making a wonderful trip with my DS Andrew, his GF and my DH! As Linda said, it doesn't look like the diva trip is dying, and I am sure I'll find myself there in the not-too-far future!

11. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

I think the year after your big grad trip would be perfect!!! :thumbsup2 See you there! :cool1:

12. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 in the meantime I'll just stay "home" and hang with y'all here :lovestruc

13. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Hehehe so because I couldn't decide, I have both options booked for ADRs...

Option A: (Resort Day)
    Breakfast at Boma
    Dinner at Raglan Road

(Anniversary - MK and EP)
    Breakfast at Crystal Palace
    Lunch at Kona
    Dinner at Via Napoli

Option B: (Resort Day)
    Breakfast at Boma
    Dinner at Kona

(Anniversary - MK and EP)
    Breakfast at Crystal Palace
    CS lunch at MK
    Dinner at Via Napoli

Thoughts?

14. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

I like option B Koh....:goodvibes

Sad here, a sister of one of DH's summer students at work that goes to the local high school committed suicide last night. :sad: Apparently due to cyber and facebook bullying and reputation. I am just so sad and sickened by the trend of todays teens. It is such a scary world our kids are growing up in. One mistake and it is plastered all over the internet...to them ruining their lives.

Sorry, just wanted to share.

15. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear that... :-/.

16. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Kook and Miss thanks for the birthday wishes :goodvibes

Marie sometimes it's hard, but I think you made the right decision for you!
    On another note, what's with that Edmonton truck driver? Dont they explain up thete your not suppose to Take out the bridge on I-5, :rotfl: hope they have another bridge up or can fix that one by August when I have to drive down for my Florida flight ::yes::

JennyJinx :thumbsup2 about BC CL :banana:
    Sorry about DHs student. So sad. A school secretary's (in my district) daughter committed suicide this year fir the same reason. Some high school kids can be so terribly mean, it makes me sick.

Koh. Hard decision, I've ate at all but Crystal Palace. So if you haven't tried Raglan Road, I'd do that option.

17. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday SueM!!! I hope you had a great day!:dance3:

18. basketlacey

basketlacey DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Sue!

19. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Sue!!!! party::bday:party:

20. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Sue!!! :flower3:

And again, a Happy Birthday to Melissa!! :flower:

Way too far behind, and we are heading out the door to NYC for the day, to meet up with Sam's bff who is in town for a band competition. :cool1:

Jen, so sad about the young lady that took her life. Bullying in school and the use of the internet to do that just seems to be rising. Kids are so mean.

Marie, DIVA trip in 2016?? :hug:

Lacey, congrats to your smart and talented DD! :cool1:

GG, so thankful to know that all is okay after the earthquake. :hug: Have fun at the cabin. :)

Kook, sorry about Disney, but your other 2 trips sound like a good alternative. :goodvibes (and about the other night, Sam pulled the "I need something for tomorrow" thing... :rolleyes1 that's why we were out and about around 10...)

Pas, we will get together soon... the kids and DH miss and need you! :hug:

Dani, sending out big hugs! :hug:

MM, :yay: for WL CL!! (dates, please?) Enjoy your anniversary date... :goodvibes

Ginny, finally getting off to NYC, those teenage girls... geesh... enjoy the softball games. :)

Miss, will be coming to Chicagoland in the summer... DISmeet possible?? ::yes::

Koh, I'm kind of undecided too :goodvibes ....did I miss it or did you post more about your online interview?? Next step?

Magic, what's up next for you? any plans for Disney before end of July?? :)

Sheila, hope the weather isn't too crazy for you...it's sunny now, but cool, NYC is supposed to get some rain... of course, we are going there :laughing:

Made changes to the RC list... congrats Jen...:thumbsup2 Kook, delayed taking off your trip, 'cause I was hoping it would still be possible... :)

Waving hi to all I've missed... we have to hit the road... :drive:

21. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Krystal Option B

jenny So sad to hear of yet another suicide due to social media bullying :sad:

Janet Have a wonderful time in NYC today!

Sue Happy Birthday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.