Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what feels awesome? Saving a client over $600. Know what's even more awesome? The email she sent me thanking me for my work and knowledge and as they put it "dedication to planning their most magical vacation ever." Now I don't mind being exhausted :)

Definitely awesome!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Good morning, chicas! :dance3:

DD has been on a nebulizer the past 2 winters basically...that's one pro for goings FL in the summer...usually she doesn't need it then. Otherwise she just gets coughing fits...

These poor kiddos. :hug: If only it'd just STAY warm. Does it keep cooling off down there, too?

Oh I forgot....SIX DAYS TO GO!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! :banana::banana::banana: (And 3 days until your plan is revealed?)

Well after 3 hours on the phone, I didn't get my 1st choice (BC GV) or my 2nd (AKL PV BB), but I did get my 3rd (AKL PV). The DH has a 1/2 day in the field today, so he can be in the office the other 1/2 since his mom and dad have to return parts and he has to be in the office to baby sit his brother and make sure he works (sorry for the rant), so I'm going to go with him this morning. When I get back, I'll update my ticker with an AKL one.

That was a marathon phone call. :faint: I'm glad you got something you wanted... even if it was 3rd choice. :hug:

You know what feels awesome? Saving a client over $600. Know what's even more awesome? The email she sent me thanking me for my work and knowledge and as they put it "dedication to planning their most magical vacation ever." Now I don't mind being exhausted :)

And doing something you love to do. :worship: A job well done!

Pas: I'm so going to blame the dog when the TF forgets her rounds. :laughing:

Melissa: :lmao: I bet it WOULD fit in the back of a normal-sized SUV. I sometimes miss that lil' Tonka-with-an-Engine. :moped:

:grouphug: and :wave2: to our lovelies ... Janet, I_Heart, Candace, Ginny, DznyCrzy11, Sue, GG, Sheila, Kooksterama and anyone else I've missed. :duck:

Dani it is nice to know your efforts are appreciated :goodvibes

disneydreamin247 said:

That's so awesome!!! I deal with customers and it's so nice when they appreciate what you do for them, it's the best reward of the job!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Oops...I meant SV as in Standard View. Lol. I didn't think about the fact that it could stand for Savannah View. :-)

I checked with the company and they have availability at Jambo or Kidani, but the only thing they guarantee is standard view or savannah view. (I would love Jambo standard view and request pool view, but obviously they have more available at Kidani)

Hmmm...is there much difference between a standard room and a deluxe studio? The 1 BR is still over budget so that's not an option...

oh, I did assume savana view!:goodvibes

Believe the Jambo standard studios are 365 sq. ft (believe these are converted from the deluxe rooms)...the value studios are 314 (converted from the Lodge standard rooms)...

Our stay at Kidani, was in a standard view room. We rented points about 2 months out and this was the only thing available. We were very happy at Kidani, enjoyed the peaceful feeling... less hectic.. great pool/kids area... kidani also offer nightly marshmallow roasts... :) btw...there is a shuttle back and forth between the 2 resorts. We had a car and really liked having the parking under the resort... perfect for those hot humid august days!!

I can understand wanting to be in the AKL especially with younger kids in tow. BTW reading all ears - at Jambo it states that 80% of all rooms offer savanna views!! So if at Jambo there would be a great chance to have a savanna view. :flower3:

oh, I did assume savana view!:goodvibes

Believe the Jambo standard studios are 365 sq. ft (believe these are converted from the deluxe rooms)...the value studios are 314 (converted from the Lodge standard rooms)...

Our stay at Kidani, was in a standard view room. We rented points about 2 months out and this was the only thing available. We were very happy at Kidani, enjoyed the peaceful feeling... less hectic.. great pool/kids area... kidani also offer nightly marshmallow roasts... :) btw...there is a shuttle back and forth between the 2 resorts. We had a car and really liked having the parking under the resort... perfect for those hot humid august days!!

I can understand wanting to be in the AKL especially with younger kids in tow. BTW reading all ears - at Jambo it states that 80% of all rooms offer savanna views!! So if at Jambo there would be a great chance to have a savanna view. :flower3:

What do you see with a standard view at Kidani if the parking is underneath the resort? And where can you refill mugs? :-)

Janet: I love that you and your DD workout together and she pushes you to do better. My eldest likes to go for walks with me in the evening when the other two are gone to bed. It is sort of 'our' time.

Jen, I do love our "girl" bonding time. :goodvibes I'm just thankful we have each other for encouragement. She has made good progress, so happy for her...

It is nice that you and your oldest have starting have your own "girl" time. In time, you can establish some special bonding routine with each of them :hug:

Oh, can't wait to read about the great trip "reveal" to the kids!! :cool1: Hope you kitty is hanging in there :hug:

I was watching Glee when I first read your post. I read it as the chocolate custard being on top of the cheeseburger.

:rotfl2: you know when I re-read the post, I can see how you might think that!!

Janet I will have to get Bob to order the Milk Shake and have a few sips for Sarah as I can't do one myself cause of my diabetes :sad2:

That works!!! :hug:

Me too!! But I don't have any friends who are quite as Disney obsessed as I am...

Koh, you got us all here!! :goodvibes

BFF and I are going to the MNSSHP as Alice (BFF) and the Queen of Hearts (Me)!!! We have found some costumes we like but will look in a few other places too.

I am sure that our resort will probably change, but we shall see. I am only booked with the AAA discount right now, which is about 10% off, but if the military discount is renewed, we will likely upgrade to a moderate...either POR/POFQ or CSR??? :confused3. Oh, the possibilities!!!!! :p

I am sure at work today we will work on our itinerary. We only want to make 1 TS and I am thinking Cali Grill if it opens back up on time....any other suggestions for a nice TS for 2 30-something ladies??? Not used to planning this type of trip! :rotfl:

:woohoo: Perfect! Love your costume theme!! (btw added your dates!). My vote..... POR Riverside....boat to DTD... Piano Bob ... love him!! Magic converted me!! FQ would be great too! If you are still wanting TS suggestions....always wanted to try Jiko... Flying Fish also looks great (my sis loved her meal there). congrats on getting HBD for fantasmic. :goodvibes

Janet: Ooooooh my. Greasy cheeseburger with hot sauce followed up with a chocolate custard for dessert? I'm going to have to go workout after just reading that. :rotfl: Yummm-o!

:rotfl2: That's why we worked out BEFORE that meal!! (did I mention we got 5 burgers to go on Sunday??? One for each of us and 3 for home) (and yes we didn't eat the remaining 3 during the car ride! :laughing:

Awww, I know the queen of splits will figure out a way to shimmy a night or two in there someday. :yay:

Iheart: Agreed!

Dr. says I have thrush from my nebulizer and my allergies are very bad. Not throat cancer after all! :rotfl:

Dani, so thankful it was nothing more serious! :hug:

The DH drove through that town again today and they had the dogs out again. He went by and called me again. The scaredy-cat still hasn't talked to his dad, and we need to know by Saturday.

Wookie, so happy for you if this works out and you get a new pup! :hug:

Going to try my best to catch up a bit before my close from exhaustion.

Miss - we are still trying to figure out of the meds were the culprit. Today was a good day at school (still on modified schedule) so I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow and Friday. He said he is feeling less violent in school so that is a plus. So I am guessing there are AP's in your future :hyper:

Janet - your weekend sounds fabulous ::yes:: Ah greasy cheeseburger, YUM!!!!

Melissa, great news about Steven...hopefully today will go well too :hug:

Nothing better than greasy burgers, right? And Rochester has several great options (plus terrific buffalo chicking wings!)

Oh, I forgot to mention... since you asked about a good place to go, bit out of the way but Bluezoo has AMAZING cocktails on top of fabulous food. Really extraordinary drinks, big moolah but worth it. :thumbsup2 TiW discount there though, I think?

Mind you, if you upgrade to either POR or POFQ, you two will have to go visit the bar at POFQ (Scat Cat's) which has a very good bartender who pours a seriously mean drink.

Miss, thanks for the drink tips... Linda, take note for December :)

What do you see with a standard view at Kidani if the parking is underneath the resort? And where can you refill mugs? :-)

Our standard view was of the front entrance... off to the side.. not bad. :)... there were plenty of bushes to block any view :laughing:

Maybe I didn't explain it well :) Parking is ground level, but as Kidani is elevated, this creates the covered parking lot. The second floor is essentially the "first" floor for rooms.... we were given a second floor room. At first I was slightly disappointed but it quickly vanished. The lobby and gift shop are on the second floor so that was good. The refillable mugs are in the gift shop so another present for me. :flower3:...

Public viewing areas were close by, this is where I would sit in the morning sipping my diet coke while waiting for the girls to get ready :)

Ok, so I just got an email yesterday from a Disney travel company that deals with DVC only. When I priced it out, it looks like I could get a deluxe studio SV at AKV with the DxDP and PH tickets through UT for the same price as I'm paying right now for the PV room at AKL. Does anybody know anything about Stay at WDW? What would you do? If I cancel my reservation now, do I get the $200 deposit back?

Never mind...no availability for a standard view for our dates. Savannah view is over budget and I'm not changing resorts, so...PV standard room it is!

Guess what I just ... CAME HOME WITH?! (Well, besides the two pairs of sandals for Miss M...)

20130509_125141_zpsb7266b17.jpg

:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :dance3:

:eek: Please don't let buyer's remorse set in, please, please, please.... :faint:
I've got two more of these to go and get now. By the way, I was able to use all $600 worth of Target-bought gift certificates to buy it at the Disney Store. So, $30 off each AP! :thumbsup2

That's why we worked out BEFORE that meal!! (did I mention we got 5 burgers to go on Sunday??? One for each of us and 3 for home) (and yes we didn't eat the remaining 3 during the car ride!

5 to go and you didn't even touch the extra 3? That is other-worldly self control you both possess. Okay, you've gotta share the menu to this place! I love looking at menus to places I'll probably never make it to -- ya know, just to drool all over the keyboard. :hyper:

Our standard view was of the front entrance... off to the side.. not bad. :)... there were plenty of bushes to block any view :laughing:

Maybe I didn't explain it well :) Parking is ground level, but as Kidani is elevated, this creates the covered parking lot. The second floor is essentially the "first" floor for rooms.... we were given a second floor room. At first I was slightly disappointed but it quickly vanished. The lobby and gift shop are on the second floor so that was good. The refillable mugs are in the gift shop so another present for me. :flower3:...

Public viewing areas were close by, this is where I would sit in the morning sipping my diet coke while waiting for the girls to get ready :)

This standard view sounds far and away better than our YC Garden View... with the dead tree and the bus stop beyond. :lmao: I guess dead vegitation still counts as "garden" -- I guess I can start charging guests for garden view looking out onto our backyard.

Never mind...no availability for a standard view for our dates. Savannah view is over budget and I'm not changing resorts, so...PV standard room it is!

Ya never know, you could always get a little of this upon check-in: pixiedust: Of course, from all accounts, the pool view sounds spectacular, too.

Guess what I just ... CAME HOME WITH?! (Well, besides the two pairs of sandals for Miss M...)

:eek: Please don't let buyer's remorse set in, please, please, please.... :faint:
I've got two more of these to go and get now. By the way, I was able to use all $600 worth of Target-bought gift certificates to buy it at the Disney Store. So, $30 off each AP! :thumbsup2

WOOHOO!!!! Congrats on the AP's!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi guys! :goodvibes I'm having a little dilemma myself with regards to my Disneyland vacation -- don't know how many of you have been to DL or stayed at the hotels onsite there, but we got a pretty good deal for our DIVA trip and are staying at the Grand Californian. You know me and rooms/ resort experience, :thumbsup2 I go out for the best experience -- always stayed club level and always deluxe. HOwever, club level at the Grand is a complete budget buster, it's not even comparable to what I can get at WDW - they want an extra $250 / night to upgrade to CL!!! :scared1: ok, now even I don't want to pay and extra $1250.00 just for 5 nights of club level snacks and pop! I did decide to upgrade my view to a priemier park view/ Disney California Adventure view for an extra $50 a night/ or $300.
Now, usually I am picky and want a good view/ room, but I am wondering in my case, is it really worth it for this trip?? Christine, and I and the Diva Gals are probably going to be busy, busy and how much time will I really spend in my room??? that $300 could pay for my return airfare. or a number of other things as I am trying to keep the cost of my DL trip fairly reasonable being that I am planning my BIG Kidani 1BDRM/ DLX dine Grad trip for my son and his GF in Jan/Feb 2015.

So the big question - downgrade to Standard View and save $300 and hope I am either pixie dusted at check in / or perhaps I can pay for the upgrade at checkin once I know how saving for the trip pans out over the next 9 months -
OR Keep the View and be guaranteed a great park view/ at a $300 price tag??

Thoughts my friends?? :confused:

Yep, terrible terrible. My deviously enabling RC-pals... you know, I just wouldn't have it any other way. :goodvibes :grouphug:

Marie: If it were me, I'd save the dosh to spend on food and drinks whilst out with Divas. :goodvibes Sounds like it's so chock-a-block full of activities you might not get to enjoy the view from your room anyhow. You're gonna have a FABULOUS time no matter what you decide though, I know it. :hug:

HI Koh1977! :goodvibes Just curious - what PV stands for?? I know SV is savahnah view, but I'm stumped on PV! I LOVVVVE AKL btw....beautiful resort! and I even love the buses and transportation from there! :goodvibes My family puts it as our favourite resort, and I'll be trying a Kidani 1 BDRM on my next trip,(Jan/Feb 2015) for my DS's Grad trip with his DGF and giving up club level for the first time ever!!! The king bed a laundry room, and first pick up on the bus will be worth the sacrifice! We will probably do Deluxe dining to make up for giving up CL!
Hope your stay at AKL is AMAZING!!! :goodvibes

20130509_125141_zpsb7266b17.jpg

5 to go and you didn't even touch the extra 3? That is other-worldly self control you both possess. Okay, you've gotta share the menu to this place! I love looking at menus to places I'll probably never make it to -- ya know, just to drool all over the keyboard. :hyper:

This standard view sounds far and away better than our YC Garden View... with the dead tree and the bus stop beyond. :lmao: I guess dead vegitation still counts as "garden" -- I guess I can start charging guests for garden view looking out onto our backyard.

Ya never know, you could always get a little of this upon check-in: pixiedust: Of course, from all accounts, the pool view sounds spectacular, too.

That's a very pretty picture!! Yay for AP's!!:banana::banana:

Hi guys! :goodvibes I'm having a little dilemma myself with regards to my Disneyland vacation -- don't know how many of you have been to DL or stayed at the hotels onsite there, but we got a pretty good deal for our DIVA trip and are staying at the Grand Californian. You know me and rooms/ resort experience, :thumbsup2 I go out for the best experience -- always stayed club level and always deluxe. HOwever, club level at the Grand is a complete budget buster, it's not even comparable to what I can get at WDW - they want an extra $250 / night to upgrade to CL!!! :scared1: ok, now even I don't want to pay and extra $1250.00 just for 5 nights of club level snacks and pop! I did decide to upgrade my view to a priemier park view/ Disney California Adventure view for an extra $50 a night/ or $300.
Now, usually I am picky and want a good view/ room, but I am wondering in my case, is it really worth it for this trip?? Christine, and I and the Diva Gals are probably going to be busy, busy and how much time will I really spend in my room??? that $300 could pay for my return airfare. or a number of other things as I am trying to keep the cost of my DL trip fairly reasonable being that I am planning my BIG Kidani 1BDRM/ DLX dine Grad trip for my son and his GF in Jan/Feb 2015.

So the big question - downgrade to Standard View and save $300 and hope I am either pixie dusted at check in / or perhaps I can pay for the upgrade at checkin once I know how saving for the trip pans out over the next 9 months -
OR Keep the View and be guaranteed a great park view/ at a $300 price tag??

Thoughts my friends?? :confused:

Hi Marie, I'd go with standard. You guys are going to be very busy, having fun! $300.00 will be a nice bit of extra $$ in your wallet. :thumbsup2

Thanks lovelies! It felt pretty good!

That's so awesome!!! I deal with customers and it's so nice when they appreciate what you do for them, it's the best reward of the job!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Same here. Helping customers at my day job is so not as rewarding as helping my Disney clients. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter