Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

What time do all think would be best for us to leave MK to head over to the Poly. I have not been there since I was a little girl so I'm not even sure where 'Ohana is located (mental note: review map of the Poly).

I am sure this has been answer but i will put my two cents in.
Depends on many things. 1 is the monorail working? 2 how many people getting on the monorail.
If it's crazy jump on the fairy boat (yes i said fairy!) it doesn't take that long on the boat.
Ohana is on the second floor yet the line to check in is always LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
once your checked in it takes forever to be called in as well..
yes an hour to get there is fine. you can walk around once you have your beeper when the table it ready but stay on the second floor shopping is always fun. Are you into pin trading? they have a huge store for pins.
Or i love just looking out the window at the castle too... LOL

4pm, do you think that is enough time?

::yes::

Head to the Poly Beach to watch Wishes, or

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! grab a chair and a drink or plop right on the beach.

maybe if I am we won't get wet! :)

bring extra shoes!!!

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE PARTY!!!!!

No way!!! let's do this!

eric-forman-s-happy-dance-o.gif

eric-happy-dance-o.0.gif

images

What time do all think would be best for us to leave MK to head over to the Poly. I have not been there since I was a little girl so I'm not even sure where 'Ohana is located (mental note: review map of the Poly). My plan was to head out of MK around 4pm, do you think that is enough time?
Perfect timing, actually. And don't worry, Ohana isn't hard to find at all. It's on the second floor of the main atrium. Just follow the crowd!

Still haven't decided if we want to take the monorail or a boat...I think that won't be decided until we are heading in that direction. :) (I know...something not planned out...you all can remove the looks of shock off your face)! :)
I think the monorail might be faster. Or at least it FEELS faster!

Would an hour and a half be a good estimation of how long dinner will be?
Yup.

2. Get a FP for Wishes and head back to the MK and watch from there
This!

I like the idea of not having to deal with the crowds on Main Street.
Well, with the FP, you'll only deal with the crowds until you're inside the FP viewing area, then you'll have plenty of room to breathe!

My concern is how to get back to CSR if we watch from the Beach. We were planning on using the buses this day, but will there be boats/monorail/buses going back to MK after the park is closed so we can catch a bus back to CSR?
The buses and monorail run for a couple hours after park closing. I personally would just monorail back to MK, then grab a bus back to CSR.

Or, do we head back to MK after dinner and use a FP to view Wishes? Because Wishes on Main Street is always magical. We could then leave with the masses and head to the bus back to CSR.
This works too! But skip the masses... Ger yourself an ice cream cone and a bench, and relax and people-watch until the cattle thin out a bit. You might even get to catch the Kiss Goodnight!

:jumping1::jumping2::bounce::dancer::Pinkbouncparty::dance3::banana::banana: DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE PARTY!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG!!! I'm late, I'm late!
QrQJeDeOZJLtm.gif

E6fZ47O87uC7S.gif

ITnn2IenMv7SE.gif

I love the idea of watching Wishes from the Poly beach. The idea of bussing the DTD and then back to your resort probably makes a lot of sense....and I'm sure they have busses late to DTD because there are bars and restaurants there that are open late....I think that sounds like a great strategy....

I am sure this has been answer but i will put my two cents in.
Depends on many things. 1 is the monorail working? 2 how many people getting on the monorail.
If it's crazy jump on the fairy boat (yes i said fairy!) it doesn't take that long on the boat.
Ohana is on the second floor yet the line to check in is always LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
once your checked in it takes forever to be called in as well..
yes an hour to get there is fine. you can walk around once you have your beeper when the table it ready but stay on the second floor shopping is always fun. Are you into pin trading? they have a huge store for pins.
Or i love just looking out the window at the castle too... LOL

::yes::

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! grab a chair and a drink or plop right on the beach.

bring extra shoes!!!

No way!!! let's do this!

eric-forman-s-happy-dance-o.gif

eric-happy-dance-o.0.gif

images

Thanks!! I think we will figure out our mode of transportation once we are there...like you said it all depends on what is up and running! I personally think I would like to take a boat over (a fairy boat...lol). I think I have finally made up my mind to watch Wishes from the Poly!

Thanks for dancing along with the DR dance!!

Perfect timing, actually. And don't worry, Ohana isn't hard to find at all. It's on the second floor of the main atrium. Just follow the crowd!

I think the monorail might be faster. Or at least it FEELS faster!

Yup.

This!

Well, with the FP, you'll only deal with the crowds until you're inside the FP viewing area, then you'll have plenty of room to breathe!

The buses and monorail run for a couple hours after park closing. I personally would just monorail back to MK, then grab a bus back to CSR.

This works too! But skip the masses... Ger yourself an ice cream cone and a bench, and relax and people-watch until the cattle thin out a bit. You might even get to catch the Kiss Goodnight!

OMG OMG OMG!!! I'm late, I'm late!
QrQJeDeOZJLtm.gif

E6fZ47O87uC7S.gif

ITnn2IenMv7SE.gif

Thanks for the advice! I think we (well I) have decided we will watch Wishes from the Poly this nice. I figured since this is on my bucket list this will be a great opportunity to mark it off. Not to mention it helps that we will be watching the Holiday Wishes show from MK later that week!

Thanks for dancing with me!!

I love the idea of watching Wishes from the Poly beach. The idea of bussing the DTD and then back to your resort probably makes a lot of sense....and I'm sure they have busses late to DTD because there are bars and restaurants there that are open late....I think that sounds like a great strategy....

Still haven't nailed down how we will get back to CSR after Wishes but good to know the different options!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

And 19 days later, I'll be on my way! Isn't it weird how it feels like the time is passing quickly, but also DRAGGING at the very same time?!?! :crazy2:

I am so glad I am not the only one that feels this way!! At times I cannot believe it is only 3 months away at this point, but then again it is still 3 months away!!!!!

My daughter goes back to school on the 25th and my son goes back to his church day school the day after Labor Day. I know once they are back in school time will start to really fly by!!!

I'm getting a bit anxious about my FP selections. I had to make a few updates since my last spreadsheet update since I read that your FP selections can't overlap. So, I went back and updated my selections to make sure I didn't have any overlap.

The major one I want to get is 7DMT (like everyone else...lol). Any advice for me?

Yay!!! Just made another payment!! Hit a personal milestone today...below $1000 mark! 3 more payments to make for it to be paid off by the due date of 10/1/15!!!!! Feels so good!

We've made it over from MK to Poly in a short amount of time before, so that timeframe should definitely be enough :)

We're hoping to watch from Poly Beach too! It'll be MVMCP fireworks though so I don't know that they'll have the music, but even if they don't, I'm pretty sure nobody else will mind. I realize just how spoiled I am of parades and fireworks now, when I get disappointed because there's not matching music playing along.

Maybe they're a little more strict lately with the Poly beach Wishes crowd because it's busy Summer crowd, along with the bungalows being pretty well completed? That, and with people talking of watching Wishes from Poly Beach on the internet, it's probably just like everything else - started out as a more uncommon thing for people who were a bit more Disney versed, then it gets hyped on the internet and more and more people do it. I'd imagine in a lower crowd season it shouldn't be as big a deal though. Definitely crossing my fingers both for your and my sake! ;)

And yaaaaaay for double digits AND payment milestones!

Yay for getting to the $1000 mark and being less than 3 months away!
The major one I want to get is 7DMT (like everyone else...lol). Any advice for me?
To make sure you get 7DMT go to the last day you will be at MK and start there to get them. There were no FPs for them on my first MK day but got the time I wanted for my last MK day! Good luck!

We've made it over from MK to Poly in a short amount of time before, so that timeframe should definitely be enough :)

We're hoping to watch from Poly Beach too! It'll be MVMCP fireworks though so I don't know that they'll have the music, but even if they don't, I'm pretty sure nobody else will mind. I realize just how spoiled I am of parades and fireworks now, when I get disappointed because there's not matching music playing along.

Maybe they're a little more strict lately with the Poly beach Wishes crowd because it's busy Summer crowd, along with the bungalows being pretty well completed? That, and with people talking of watching Wishes from Poly Beach on the internet, it's probably just like everything else - started out as a more uncommon thing for people who were a bit more Disney versed, then it gets hyped on the internet and more and more people do it. I'd imagine in a lower crowd season it shouldn't be as big a deal though. Definitely crossing my fingers both for your and my sake! ;)

And yaaaaaay for double digits AND payment milestones!

I'm glad I seem to be correct about the time to leave MK and head over to the Poly. I figure even if we are there a bit early there is plenty to walk around and look at :). I really am hoping we don't run into any issues with watching from the beach. I do think you are right that it used to be something that only a few people would do and other people have caught on (like myself). :)

Thanks! We are at 89 days now! woohoo!!

OH YAY!
giphy.gif

you doing WAY better then i am!!!

images

Thanks for dancing along! I'm so excited!! :)

Yay 3 more months! How exciting!!!

I can't believe we are less than 3 months away now! My kids go back to school next week and I know once that happens it is going to really start flying by!!

Yay for getting to the $1000 mark and being less than 3 months away!

To make sure you get 7DMT go to the last day you will be at MK and start there to get them. There were no FPs for them on my first MK day but got the time I wanted for my last MK day! Good luck!

I figured I would need to take the same approach with FP's as you do with ADR's...try to book the popular ones first and on late dates. That just means we probably won't get one for 7DMT on our first MK day which is our first full day of the trip. I'm going to give it a try anyway :) My only other approach for 7DMT is to head straight there with the masses when it opens (we are going to be there for morning EMH, so maybe that will help a bit). Guess we will just have to see how it all works out on my FP Day which will be here before you know it!

izRuR2m.png

I took a few minutes today to update my spreadsheet. It's looking pretty good if I do say so myself. :)

I took a few minutes today to update my spreadsheet. It's looking pretty good if I do say so myself. :)
I would have to agree! :)

Do your kids start school on Monday? I told my daughter's teacher last night at open house that we were going to Disney! :-) It's the little things that make me happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter