• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Active April: W.I.S.H. Exercise Challenge

Yesterday I did 30 minutes of zumba and today I did 30 minutes of step aerobics.

So, I have 750/1000!

Happy Birthday marros!

4/17 - 20 min
4/18 - 60 min

Thinking of the folks in West, a small town along the major highway between Dallas/Ft.Worth in north Texas, and the cities of Austin and San Antonio to the south. It has a heavy concentration of Czechoslovakians, and its' Czech Stop Bakery is a MUST when you make the drive between the major cities. I expect they see more than 600 customers a day. We were there last Friday, on the way to a sports event, and again on Saturday, on the way home. Bought 3 dozen of their kolaches, which might explain my net weight gain even tho I've been walking for 9 months. Wishing the whole community healing and hope.

I'll update everyone tomorrow,

4/15 yard work - 150 minutes
4/16 yard work - 150 minutes

We ripped down vines out of trees, raked, raked, and raked. I was working like crazy but my yard is looking better and better.

643/1000

Today was 60 minutes of Zumba and 27 minutes of 30 DS (Day 4 I think). That's a total of 87 minutes for today.

1159/1200

Would LOVE to hear about it!! ::yes::

Can you say SUPER jealous??!! :woohoo:

It was a great class. A personal session just for DH and I so we had the instructor for just us.

We started by just walking around the track to get a feel for our "walk". Then we talked about the aspects of proper alignment based on Tai Chi. We worked on the aspects of alignment and how it affected how we walk. Then we practiced walking with proper alignment and how much difference it made.

We really worked on core strenght and how it helps in proper form.

The instructor then sent DH around the track working on some walking exercises while we transitioned into running. I have to say that the running I did with her was some of the easiest running I have ever done.

Below are the bullet points from class:

•The Keys to Effortless, Injury-free Running
•The Physics of Running: Run without Using Your Legs
•Chi Running versus Power Running
•Introduction to the Chi Running Form
•Injury prevention techniques
•Personal Check-in Tricks and Tools
•Core Muscle Drills and Exercises
•Pre-run Body Looseners, Post-run Stretches
•Innovative technique drills
•How to conserve energy at any speed

www.chiliving.com is a website another Disboard regular sent me to and where I found my local instructor. Danny Dreyer has some books and DVD's that are great information.

Once zgain it was a great class.

It was a great class. A personal session just for DH and I so we had the instructor for just us.

We started by just walking around the track to get a feel for our "walk". Then we talked about the aspects of proper alignment based on Tai Chi. We worked on the aspects of alignment and how it affected how we walk. Then we practiced walking with proper alignment and how much difference it made.

We really worked on core strenght and how it helps in proper form.

The instructor then sent DH around the track working on some walking exercises while we transitioned into running. I have to say that the running I did with her was some of the easiest running I have ever done.

Below are the bullet points from class:

•The Keys to Effortless, Injury-free Running
•The Physics of Running: Run without Using Your Legs
•Chi Running versus Power Running
•Introduction to the Chi Running Form
•Injury prevention techniques
•Personal Check-in Tricks and Tools
•Core Muscle Drills and Exercises
•Pre-run Body Looseners, Post-run Stretches
•Innovative technique drills
•How to conserve energy at any speed

www.chiliving.com is a website another Disboard regular sent me to and where I found my local instructor. Danny Dreyer has some books and DVD's that are great information.

Once zgain it was a great class.

Thank you SO MUCH! :goodvibes I definitely want to give this method a try after my running hiatus is over in June. Hopefully, my IT's will be healed and I can put all this nonsense behind me!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter