Oregon to WDW Will Be Quite the Adventure~Going LIVE!!

I hope everyone is recovering. So exciting to be leaving so soon!

Michayla is doing much better thank goodness!! The steroids are helping my back pain but still babying things along. I get to see Derek in one week......so excited to see him & the kids are excited too!!

Michayla is doing much better thank goodness!! The steroids are helping my back pain but still babying things along. I get to see Derek in one week......so excited to see him & the kids are excited too!!

party: I am sure he has been missing you all as much as you have been missing him.

party: I am sure he has been missing you all as much as you have been missing him.

I think you're right......he's not a sensitive type of guy but a couple weeks ago he posted a very emotional facebook post about his family.....took us off guard!!

Well Michayla is throwing up again.......I think it's the heatwave we're having that is causing this......at least I hope it is. :sad1: It does worry me that she's reacting to heat though.......Florida is in a week and we'll be in high temps & humidity. It could be a very long trip for her. :guilty:

OMG!!! :scared1: I hope things are going ok

Me too......... I was doing some reading on autism/sensory issues and temperature regulation is a problem with some kids. I think Michayla may have this. She has zero body fat, so cold air/weather/air conditioning/swimming, will cause her to get goose bumps and shiver. She also doesn't tend to sweat much when super hot......so we will really have to watch her close on this trip to make sure she's being kept comfortable.

Forgot to share these pictures with you........we got our MagicBands while we were away at camp. Colorful group aren't we?!!

This is a picture of my laundry soap & Downy Scent Beads. All I have to do is grab a cup and go when I need to do a load of laundry. I'm pretty sure I will need to do quite a few as we only brought 5 outfits.

I've pretty much got everything packed....just those last minute items to go in on Thursday morning before we leave for Portland. Just a waiting game now!!

Well Michayla is throwing up again.......I think it's the heatwave we're having that is causing this......at least I hope it is. :sad1: It does worry me that she's reacting to heat though.......Florida is in a week and we'll be in high temps & humidity. It could be a very long trip for her. :guilty:
Aw, poor little sweetie......Do you have a small soft sided cooler you could bring? I keep wet wash clothes in plastic baggies and freeze them when we are going to be out in the heat for a long time. You could have a couple of these and swap them out when they lose their effectiveness. Also, a spray-bottle with a battery operated fan may help. I put ice in mine and that melts, leaving nice cool water inside.

Aw, poor little sweetie......Do you have a small soft sided cooler you could bring? I keep wet wash clothes in plastic baggies and freeze them when we are going to be out in the heat for a long time. You could have a couple of these and swap them out when they lose their effectiveness. Also, a spray-bottle with a battery operated fan may help. I put ice in mine and that melts, leaving nice cool water inside.

All great ideas, thank you!!! I also downloaded places to take a break at all 4 parks. That way if we've been outside in the heat too long, it will give us some ideas of where we can go to cool her back down.

Hello! I am just so busy and so exhausted I can't keep up anywhere right now, but wanted to be sure to stop by and wish you a great trip! I hope Michayla feels better quickly, and the heat doesn't bother her too much. Only 4 days left to wait!!! :mickeyjum

Hello! I am just so busy and so exhausted I can't keep up anywhere right now, but wanted to be sure to stop by and wish you a great trip! I hope Michayla feels better quickly, and the heat doesn't bother her too much. Only 4 days left to wait!!! :mickeyjum

I totally get the being busy & exhausted part...... Thanks for the well wishes!! Michayla seems to be doing much better...thanks to the weather dropping 25 degrees!! We have been given some great tips on how to help keep her cool, so hopefully she will be ok!!

You are so close, but I hate to hear of the discomfort your poor little one has been in! OY! Florida can be so hot, hot, hot. Have a plan and take things as slowly as you need to in order to keep everyone happy and safe! Have a wonderful trip!!

You are so close, but I hate to hear of the discomfort your poor little one has been in! OY! Florida can be so hot, hot, hot. Have a plan and take things as slowly as you need to in order to keep everyone happy and safe! Have a wonderful trip!!

Derek said it's been cooler this week but rainy! It looks like the forecast is for upper 80's, low 90's and rain. Yay?? We get our fair share of rain here in Oregon and not looking forward to vacationing in it......but it is what it is.

Thank You......I'm hoping this trip turns out wonderful for all of us....but especially for the kids!!

Derek said it's been cooler this week but rainy! It looks like the forecast is for upper 80's, low 90's and rain. Yay?? We get our fair share of rain here in Oregon and not looking forward to vacationing in it......but it is what it is.

Thank You......I'm hoping this trip turns out wonderful for all of us....but especially for the kids!!

Girlfriend! Do you know what I'd give for a little rain here in Oregon right now?! I"m SO tired of trying to keep my yard alive with irrigation, and falling dismally behind watching many things die. I've NEVER seen the river so low- I think we could walk across it at our place in Lincoln. :(

The nice thing about Florida showers are that they are short-lived. Not like the days long rainathons we get. Just dip into a shop and it'll be over in 15 minutes.

Girlfriend! Do you know what I'd give for a little rain here in Oregon right now?! I"m SO tired of trying to keep my yard alive with irrigation, and falling dismally behind watching many things die. I've NEVER seen the river so low- I think we could walk across it at our place in Lincoln. :(

The nice thing about Florida showers are that they are short-lived. Not like the days long rainathons we get. Just dip into a shop and it'll be over in 15 minutes.

LOL.....I forgot you were also from Oregon.....sorry, too many pain meds on board!! :rotfl2: I think we are gonna more than make up for the lack of rain this fall/winter.....sounds like it's gonna be a WET one! Then I'll complain about all the rain & how I wish it was hot again......lol :rotfl: Never happy.......

We take off in 2 days and so today I am going through all the packed luggage to make sure we have everything. Realized in the middle of the night that we needed pull-ups for one of our girls, so heading to the store to pick those up & get them packed....that would have been a bad thing to forget. So check, check & double check is on the agenda for today.

When my son was younger, we had to watch him with the heat. Lots of water or he would end up with migraine and vomiting. Hopefully, she has rebounded some and the trip will be great. Their are so many attractions at WDW that are indoor. The park we have the hardest time with is Animal Kingdom. They certainly have less indoor attractions.

I am kind of glad that the 100+ temps are gone again (for now). This is the first year since moving to Eugene that I am looking forward to the rain returning.

When my son was younger, we had to watch him with the heat. Lots of water or he would end up with migraine and vomiting. Hopefully, she has rebounded some and the trip will be great. Their are so many attractions at WDW that are indoor. The park we have the hardest time with is Animal Kingdom. They certainly have less indoor attractions.

I am kind of glad that the 100+ temps are gone again (for now). This is the first year since moving to Eugene that I am looking forward to the rain returning.

Animal Kingdom will definitely be one we have to watch carefully for overheating. I'm glad the triple digits are over but I still don't want the rain.....lol

So so s o exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Happy Dance!! :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter