Oregon to WDW Will Be Quite the Adventure~Going LIVE!!

DizNee Luver

Luver of all things Disney!
Welcome to our adventure! My family will be flying from Oregon on August 7th. We are planning on staying 11 nights at Pop Century, going to the parks 8 days and taking a couple days for checking out Downtown Disney (or is it now called Disney Springs) and swimming.

Let's meet the family:
I'm Laurie, the uber-planner, wife for almost 31 years, mom to 7 kids (and hoping to add our 8th before this trip). Now before you pass out from that many kids.......I gave birth to 3 of them and adopted the other 4 and hopefully 5th soon! I'm a die-hard Disney person. I grew up with Disneyland and have been there 15 times (16th coming up Feb 25-March 1) and WDW once. We have Disney stuff all over our house & my bedroom is covered in Mickey, Cinderella & Tinkerbell.

My husband Mike also loves Disney and lets me go on a number of my Disneyland trips without him. I'm lucky!! Mike is a meat manager for Safeway.

The kids that will be going on their FIRST trip to WDW is:
Anthony age 13, Addy age 9, Shyann age 7 & Michayla age 7. We are in the process of an adoption home study to get the twins biological sister who is also 9.

Since we are past the 180 day mark, I've already set our dining reservations. We got our rooms booked today by one of my grown sons that will be joining us. Derek, is currently on the Disney College Program and was able to book at a CM discount. His last day of the program will be the day we arrive!! If you happen to be going to the parks, Derek will be lifeguarding at Typhoon Lagoon!

I will post the Dining plans in the next post!

Last edited:
DINING:

August 8: Ohana's Breakfast
August 8: Beaches & Cream Dinner
Auugst 9: Casey's Corner Lunch
August 9: Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
August 10: Sommerfest Lunch
August 10: Garden Grill Dinner
August 11: 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch
August 11: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Dinner
August 12: Flame Tree BBQ Lunch
August 12: 1900 Park Fare Dinner
August 13: Kona Cafe Breakfast
August 13: Boatwright's Dinner
August 14: Golden Oak Outpost or Columbia Harbor House Lunch
August 14: Crystal Palace Dinner
August 15: Yak & Yeti Lunch
August 15: Mara Dinner
August 16: Liberty Inn Lunch
August 16: Coral Reef Dinner
August 17: Pecos Bill or Cosmic Rays Lunch
August 17: Be Our Guest Dinner

We plan on just using Snack credits for grab-n-go breakfasts (unless we have a planned meal).

Woo Hoo!! So excited! Can't wait to start seeing all your info. Gets me excited for our trip next year!! And how lucky the twin's sister will be to be adopted by you guys (if it happens obviously) and can you imagine if she gets to go with you? I bet that is something she never would have gotten to do. I bet she has never even been to DL right? How wonderful for her! So exciting!!

Woo Hoo!! So excited! Can't wait to start seeing all your info. Gets me excited for our trip next year!! And how lucky the twin's sister will be to be adopted by you guys (if it happens obviously) and can you imagine if she gets to go with you? I bet that is something she never would have gotten to do. I bet she has never even been to DL right? How wonderful for her! So exciting!!

The plan is for her to go with us.....things are sounding positive. Jasmine has never been to Disneyland, so this will be a huge, over whelming trip for her (and the twins as well). We will just have to take things slow and keep an eye out on her being over-stimulated. We know the twins signs & we will need to learn hers. But, I'm very excited for her to experience this with us!

Your children are all so truly blessed to have you as parents. What an amazing experience for her! She is a lucky kid!!

Tweeked our dining a little bit to try and get better times. I was concerned about the 9:35am Ohana breakfast and getting everyone up & going in time since this would be our first morning in Florida. So I switched Ohana's & Kona Cafe and now our first morning we will have a 10:20am breakfast at Kona Cafe. We will do Ohana's on the 13th which is our other "off day". I also bumped our dinner at 1900 Park Fare from 6:50 to 7:20pm to give us a little more time to get to the Grand Floridian from the Animal Kingdom park. I was able to get an earlier lunch at 50's Prime Time and a little later dinner at Sci-Fi so they weren't right on top of each other.

8/8: Kona Cafe breakfast
8/8: Beaches & Cream dinner
8/9: Cinderella's Royal Table dinner
8/10: Garden Grill dinner
8/11: 50's Prime Time lunch
8/11: Sci-Fi Dine-In dinner
8/12: 1900 Park Fare dinner
8/13: Ohana's breakfast
8/13: Boatwright's dinner
8/14: Crystal Palace dinner
8/16: Coral Reef dinner
8/17: Be Our Guest dinner

The only other 2 that I will keep checking for earlier dinner times is our Coral Reef & Be Our Guest reservations. Coral Reef is at 8:15pm & BOG is at 8:50pm.

Last edited:
DINING:

August 8: Ohana's Breakfast
August 8: Beaches & Cream Dinner
Auugst 9: Casey's Corner Lunch
August 9: Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
August 10: Sommerfest Lunch
August 10: Garden Grill Dinner
August 11: 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch
August 11: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Dinner
August 12: Flame Tree BBQ Lunch
August 12: 1900 Park Fare Dinner
August 13: Kona Cafe Breakfast
August 13: Boatwright's Dinner
August 14: Golden Oak Outpost or Columbia Harbor House Lunch
August 14: Crystal Palace Dinner
August 15: Yak & Yeti Lunch
August 15: Mara Dinner
August 16: Liberty Inn Lunch
August 16: Coral Reef Dinner
August 17: Pecos Bill or Cosmic Rays Lunch
August 17: Be Our Guest Dinner

We plan on just using Snack credits for grab-n-go breakfasts (unless we have a planned meal).
Wow! I've been to Ohana's, Beaches & Cream, Cinderella's Royal Table (for Breakfast), Garden Grill, 50's Prime Time Cafe , Flame Tree BBQ, 1900 Park Fare (for Breakfast), Crystal Palace, Columbia Harbor House, Kona, Cosmic Rays, Be Our Guest. You are going to LOVE those places, especially the ones I've mentioned.

Hi Kaitlin!
Hi! I'm so thrilled for you guys. I thought maybe you guys could get some shirts for the kids:
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-m...r-girls-walt-disney-world/mp/1366176/1000228/
http://www.disneystore.com/minnie-m...ls-walt-disney-world-2015/mp/1368059/1000228/
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-m...-adults-walt-disney-world/mp/1365068/1000228/
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-m...ts-walt-disney-world-2015/mp/1368111/1000228/
I didn't want Anthony to be left out so i thought maybe he'd want something to represent the trip.

What color magic bands are you guys planning on getting? I reccomend getting different colors for each of you (don't worry, your names will be on the inside)

Wow! I've been to Ohana's, Beaches & Cream, Cinderella's Royal Table (for Breakfast), Garden Grill, 50's Prime Time Cafe , Flame Tree BBQ, 1900 Park Fare (for Breakfast), Crystal Palace, Columbia Harbor House, Kona, Cosmic Rays, Be Our Guest. You are going to LOVE those places, especially the ones I've mentioned.

Hi! I'm so thrilled for you guys. I thought maybe you guys could get some shirts for the kids:
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-m...r-girls-walt-disney-world/mp/1366176/1000228/
http://www.disneystore.com/minnie-m...ls-walt-disney-world-2015/mp/1368059/1000228/
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-and-pluto-storybook-tee-for-adulttos-walt-disney-world/mp/1365068/1000228/
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-m...ts-walt-disney-world-2015/mp/1368111/1000228/
I didn't want Anthony to be left out so i thought maybe he'd want something to represent the trip.

What color magic bands are you guys planning on getting? I reccomend getting different colors for each of you (don't worry, your names will be on the inside)

When Mike & I went to visit Derek in October 2013, we had breakfast at CRT, lunch at 50's Prime Time, breakfast at Kona Cafe & dinner at Be Our Guest. We loved all of them.....that's why they are on the list again!!

I'll take a look at the links after I get done replying to this.

We will try to get different colors but there will be 8 of us, so we might have a couple the same. I got pink last time & Mike got orange. Who knows, we might even trade off the free ones for one of the fancier ones you can purchase. We will see........

What are the kids favorite colors? My family and I LOVE the 50's Prime Time which sadly, the last trip I went on was the only the trip we didn't eat there :sad2:

What are the kids favorite colors? My family and I LOVE the 50's Prime Time which sadly, the last trip I went on was the only the trip we didn't eat there :sad2:

So I went on & did the MagicBands. Derek & I are getting red, Mike is blue, Anthony is green, Addy & Jasmine are pink, Shyann is orange & Michayla is yellow. The only color we didn't order was grey!

We loved the waiter at the table next to us at 50's Prime Time but our waitress was kinda blah. Luckily the other waiter interacted with us every time he came in the room.

Lots of great places!! I had some awesome places set up for our trip this past november that didn't happen like the luau and some other fun stuff but now that we are only going for 4 days and paying ourselves we are only going to do 1 nice meal a day and the rest counter service and eat in our condo. So can't get too excited about meals. But the only one we really want is BOG but since we are going in June and not staying onsight I am scared we won't get in. I am going to try and do lunch instead of dinner. Not sure if that is better or not. Plus we want to try and do a cruise but I don't know now if mom can afford a week at DW AND the cruise. So if we don't do the cruise we will stay a few extra days and do 2 more at the world and maybe 1 more at IOA and maybe even a water park day. So excited for you guys and can't wait to really start seeing some of your planning!! Fun!!

Lots of great places!! I had some awesome places set up for our trip this past november that didn't happen like the luau and some other fun stuff but now that we are only going for 4 days and paying ourselves we are only going to do 1 nice meal a day and the rest counter service and eat in our condo. So can't get too excited about meals. But the only one we really want is BOG but since we are going in June and not staying onsight I am scared we won't get in. I am going to try and do lunch instead of dinner. Not sure if that is better or not. Plus we want to try and do a cruise but I don't know now if mom can afford a week at DW AND the cruise. So if we don't do the cruise we will stay a few extra days and do 2 more at the world and maybe 1 more at IOA and maybe even a water park day. So excited for you guys and can't wait to really start seeing some of your planning!! Fun!!

We thought about the luau but decided to go with CRT (2 credits) instead. I think the girls will be fascinated with being inside the castle!!
I lucked out and got everything I wanted first try! Now I'm just doing some adjustments for better times.....but I'm secured into all the ones that tend to be difficult to get!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter