Only Disney magic saved us from.... {May 2012 TR} (UPDATED 10/19)

Loving your TR.....We are going to Arkeshus for the 1st time in December and I'm dragging the DH and son to it!!! I need some princess stuff!! So excited!! Where did you drag Sam to??? popcorn::

Thank you!!! Sorry its taken me so long to reply! I'm going to post the next update soon!!!​

Well, your meal at Askerhaus sounds wonderful. Too bad you couldn't replace the boring Norweigan girl with a hottie for Via Napoli? :rotfl2: One can dream, right?

I have never eaten at Askerhaus, but I really would like to one of these trips. The food sounds amazing.

It was so yummy!! I agree, they should shift those good looking Italian waiters around! Haha! :rotfl:

AHH YAY AKERSHUS!!!!

How unfortunate that you didn't get a cute waiter! Oh well hahah.

Um, WEIRD... but I think that your Aurora was our Ariel when we went. In fact I'm positive. How funny!!!

Bleck, I totally agree on the rice pudding. Disgusting. :crazy2:

I think it is so interesting how they switch princesses around. Its funny when we notice things like that!!
Yea, the rice pudding was not good. The texture for me was the deal breaker​

I'm so glad you loved Akershus!! We have 2 ADR's there for our first trip, a breakfast and a dinner. After our 3 week trip to Norway last year, we need a bit of a Norwegian fix! Can't wait to read what happens next....:goodvibes

It was by far my favorite meal of the trip. Very cool atmosphere and the food was great!​

Congrats on your next trip! The Beach Club is so pretty and has that awesome pool. I don't even like swimming and I would totally spend half my vacation in there!

Your meal at Akershus looks delicious. I love Belle's signature - it's so over-the-top with all the squigglies underneath it.

I love the Norway pavilion, especially the Stave church with all the dark wood and the intricate carvings! It's so different from the other pavilions and has such a unique feel to it.

Thanks! We think Beach Club looks so cool! It was really good! I loved that card with all the signatures. I wonder how long they have to practice the signatures. I love Norway too! Its so quaint.​

Enjoyed reading about your morning at Epcot, and especially your meal at Akershus. I love all the pictures of y'all and the princesses! Very cute!

:woohoo: for a new ticker-especially Beach Club! You'll love it!

We had so much fun meeting all the princesses! We are so excited to stay at a deluxe!​

Yay for your new ticker! You will love the Beach Club, it is so amazing! I'd say definitely try to rent points, it saves a lot of money! I've never done it, but that's only because I change my dates so often, I'd love to give it a try though!

Akershus looks so cute, I really need to eat there someday! :thumbsup2 I'm just afraid my DH will protest if I tell him we're going to a princess meal! :scared1:

I'm so excited we decided on the Beach Club! It looks so cool! Your TR really encouraged me to try it.

Just don't mention the princess part! ;) Ha!​

Hey everybody! I’m alive! SURPRISE! No really, I apologize for my lengthy absence. The school year and life have just gotten away from me. I hope you are all still with me and enjoy this update!!

Chapter 13
– If I didn't know better, I'd think you had *feelings* for this monster - Gaston

May 29th, Day 4 Continued

After our delicious lunch, we had a lot that we wanted to accomplish. Several things had time limits that we had to meet. The first up was going to get our FREE picture because Sam has a Disney Visa card, which only goes on for a few hours in the afternoon. If you know me at all, I LOVE anything FREE! I mean seriously who doesn’t? Especially a FREE picture from Disney. I think one of the best things about this photo opportunity is they don’t tell you who will be there. You just show up, wait a minimal amount of time and get a picture with a character or two.

We headed over to Innoventions. I had never been in the Innoventions buildings and they seemed pretty cool. More something I’d do during a rainy time, but still interesting. As we waited for our picture, we were pretty much naming every Disney character and talking about how cool it would be for each character. I mean usually its members of the Fab 5, but still. You can dream, right?!?

We finally got to enter the SECRETIVE ROOM! And we got to see…

540636_1586249134705_852747099_n.jpg

Mickey and Pluto! They were so cute! Very interactive. We had a good time with them and we took several pictures.

After the picture was taken, we decided to head into the World Showcase. But before we could get there, I was feeling a little mischievous… I mentioned I was thirsty and since we were right by Club Cool I suggested we stop in there for a FREE drink – There it is again… FREE STUFF!! I’m sure most of you know about the Beverly. We Sam did not know anything about the Beverly. I’m sure you see where this is going. I did this whole dramatic act about how the Beverly was famous for being delicious and then I told Sam it was a DIS tradition to take pictures of people with their first Beverly drink. So took the bait. MWAHAHAHA!

Here is her before picture! Action shot, excited to try the yummy drink…

306993_1586249454713_2142308823_n.jpg

AAAANNNNNNNDDDD…. the after shot….

547076_1586249654718_1042559859_n.jpg

HA! I love that picture. Makes me laugh every time. Sam was not too thrilled with me afterwards, but we laughed it off! Once I contained my laughter and Sam had forgiven me, we continued on towards our mission to the World Showcase.

Now, I mentioned earlier that we had a couple time sensitive items to accomplish today. Well, one of our must accomplish items for this trip was to get a picture with Beast and Belle. Beast ONLY appears with Belle at Epcot and only intermittently until like 3:30pm.

So, Mission: Meet the Beast

Where: France

When: Before 3:30pm

Why: Because he is awesome.

And GO!!!!!

It was about 1:45, so we figured we could get in line for the 2:30 meet and greet. We don’t mind waiting for characters, especially if its one we’ve never met before.

Well, when we got to the line, the cast member had already cut off the line. DANG IT! We were bummed, I think he could tell and told us to come back for the 3:30 meet and greet. So we had some time to kill. As we headed into the France pavilion, we saw Beast headed in for his break.

600834_1586250214732_1064730813_n.jpg

Ughh… I JUST WANT TO MEET YOU!!!!

We rested for a bit in France.

428529_1586250294734_417749221_n.jpg

Then we spent some time in Morocco. We didn’t want to wander too far, so we didn’t miss getting in line to MEET THE BEAST.

We watched the Mo Rockin show. I thought it was really cool. I’m glad we had time to stop and watch it. The group posed for pictures after their show.

479716_1586250414737_935646562_n.jpg

Next, we decided to get some henna. Sam got a butterfly on her shoulder and I get a design on my ankle. They were cute!!

380332_1586250694744_90996586_n.jpg

521428_1586250934750_329744077_n.jpg

She kind of messed up on the bottom part of my ankle because it smeared when I stepped, but the smeary part faded. We both loved them!

Well, now it was time to head back to MEET THE BEAST. We were pumped. We’d been talking about meeting THE BEAST for more than a year. He was number one on our list of “To Meet” characters for this trip.

We got to the line at about 2:45 – the time the Cast Member had advised. It was still the same Cast Member and we were basically skipping up to the line. It was long, but we didn’t care.

We walked up to get in line and the Cast Member says “I’m sorry the line has been cut off.”

WHAT??? NO!!!

It’s our last day at Epcot, we have to MEET THE BEAST! I was distraught. Literally, I felt like the ground was crumbling under me. I wouldn’t be meeting the beast. We were both so sad…

Suddenly, the Cast Member looks at us and says “Wait, you guys were here earlier trying to get in line for the Beast right?” We told him yes we were. Suddenly he kind of does that look over his shoulder move like making sure a boss or someone wasn’t watching and said “Ok get in in line, quickly.”
His name was Raj. He is MY FAVORITE CAST MEMBER EVER!!! After he did this, I felt slightly guilty every time he had to turn away someone, but OH WELL! I was going to MEET THE BEAST!!!!!!!

Finally it was our turn. It was glorious. Belle was perfect, but for once I didn’t care to pay attention to her, I gave the beast a hug and he patted me on my back. Ah! AWESOME! Now obviously the Beast can’t talk but I still loved it.

303358_1586251174756_1417822972_n.jpg

We thanked Raj about a bajillion times as we left. Gotta love a little pixie dust and awesome Cast Members!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Our World Showcase adventures were just starting for the day… so stay tuned!!!!​

I have enjoyed reading your trip report! Can't wait for more. I totally understand how you feel...I teach kindergarten in Missouri. :)

Great update and great pictures!

Love the shot with Belle and Beast!!! Shanleigh now has a tradition of getting a henna tattoo in Morocco! I think they look amazing!

Glad you're updating again! :goodvibes

Cool that you got to see Mickey and Pluto! Every time I see pictures like this, the characters are Minnie and Goofy. So yay!

HAHAHA that is an awesome Beverley picture.

Way to be, Raj! Seriously, that's great! I would be so excited to meet the Beast too! He's awesome.

Oh yum! Akershus looks really good. I never considered these types of restaurants because I'm not really into character meet and greets, but your explanation of getting the cold buffet, entree, and dessert makes it very enticing. Both entrees look really good, and I'd be stuck trying to choose between the two you guys had.

Yay that you got to meet the Beast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter