Only Disney magic saved us from.... {May 2012 TR} (UPDATED 10/19)

Sam looks like she's doing a cheer in the TOT pic. :laughing:

That cheesecake looks sooooo good. Ugh every time I see pictures of it I just WANT IT.

Laugh attacks are the best. :thumbsup2

Joining in and all caught up too.
Just awaiting the next chapter - although I am sure the school year has started and you are crazy with the newness!!:scared:

Yeah, I would get annoyed with 2 lost item incidences in one day, but you seem like a much nicer person than me.:goodvibes Plus, she not only got stuck naked in front of a window but she got poked with the window stick, that's enough punishment for her lapses...:rotfl:

Seriously though that's what makes good friends so good, you can get all annoyed and then over it. That's how my younger sister and I are, she's the BEST to travel with!!!:cheer2:

I hope your new school year is going well and look forward to more updates!:goodvibes

Ooooh and that cheesecake looks to DIE FOR!! How crazy would it be to travel to Pop just to get it?:confused3

Hope your school year has been going well!

What a great oppportunity to watch Beauty and the Beast while it was raining! I think it'd make me enjoy the show even more, haha.

Haha, what are the chances that it's Eeyore?!? Yours came out really good!

It must've been so funny having to pretend shop in the Star Wars dump shop!

There's just something so great about pizza in the room. I never understood why it was so great until we were just so exhausted and tired of eating out! We didn't get Disney pizza though; we did Papa John's. Either way, it was lovely just relaxing on the couch with the TV!

Wow - what a great day at HS and you really did get the perfect trifecta of fast passes. And then to go back and stay until park close. I will I could stay up that late without hitting the wall. It must be really cool to walk out of a park when its totally closed.

Too funny about the shower scenario. :lmao:

That pizza does look good and I have yet to try the tie die cheesecake, but I know it has a reputation for being amazing.

Glad your school year is going well so far. :thumbsup2

And the Eeyore is REALLY good!

It felt awesome to hold all those FP at one time! It is really fun to take advantage of the EMH because the crowds do get so much smaller. We'll be smarter on our next trip to take more afternoon naps though.

We laughed a good bit about the shower happenings!

You need to try the Tie Dye Cheesecake! It is really good!!

Thanks, and I think I did a decent job on the drawing!!​

I had gotten behind two updates, but I'm caught up.

I love Beauty and the Beast---Makes me smile every time!

You did a good job on your drawing-I've never drawn Eeyore.

Sound like a great EvMH at DHS. You got a picture of Mr. Potato Head with his eyes open! I'm impressed!

Glad to hear your school year is going well! :)

Thats alright! I love that show too! Thanks, he was a fun character to draw. Isn't it funny that they seem to blink in all pictures! I was lucky :goodvibes
Thanks! It is off to a great start!​

Sam looks like she's doing a cheer in the TOT pic. :laughing:

That cheesecake looks sooooo good. Ugh every time I see pictures of it I just WANT IT.

Laugh attacks are the best. :thumbsup2

I know! She is so funny! :rotfl2:

You should try the cheesecake if you have never tried it!​

Joining in and all caught up too.
Just awaiting the next chapter - although I am sure the school year has started and you are crazy with the newness!!:scared:

Yay! So glad you are here!! :dance3:

It is pretty crazy to start the year! I'll try to get the next chapter up soon :thumbsup2

Yeah, I would get annoyed with 2 lost item incidences in one day, but you seem like a much nicer person than me.:goodvibes Plus, she not only got stuck naked in front of a window but she got poked with the window stick, that's enough punishment for her lapses...:rotfl:

Seriously though that's what makes good friends so good, you can get all annoyed and then over it. That's how my younger sister and I are, she's the BEST to travel with!!!:cheer2:

I hope your new school year is going well and look forward to more updates!:goodvibes

Ooooh and that cheesecake looks to DIE FOR!! How crazy would it be to travel to Pop just to get it?:confused3

Haha! You are right, that's plenty of karma back at her! Lol. I really didn't care that much with the oops moments, I'm just such a schedule person that I have to make my self stop and think that its really not that big of a deal.

It is really great to travel with best friends! Glad you can travel like that with your sister!

The cheesecake is SOOOOOO good!!!!

Hope your school year has been going well!

What a great oppportunity to watch Beauty and the Beast while it was raining! I think it'd make me enjoy the show even more, haha.

Haha, what are the chances that it's Eeyore?!? Yours came out really good!

It must've been so funny having to pretend shop in the Star Wars dump shop!

There's just something so great about pizza in the room. I never understood why it was so great until we were just so exhausted and tired of eating out! We didn't get Disney pizza though; we did Papa John's. Either way, it was lovely just relaxing on the couch with the TV!

It has been going great, thanks!

Oh, I totally enjoyed the show more knowing that it was helping me avoid the rain! :cool1:
Thanks! Eeyore was really fun to draw!
It was really funny to pretend shop... not sure i've ever had to "pretend" shop. haha!
It is relaxing to just have the food brought to you. You can snuggle up and be comfy in bed and not have to worry about going anywhere for food! :thumbsup2

So, if you haven’t noticed already, I have a new ticker in my signature! Granted this trip that Sam and I are planning is over a year away, it just feels good to have a ticker! Haha! I in no way want to start a PTR for this yet- that’d be a bit crazy- but we are planning on staying at the Beach Club! We decided since we can’t go for so long we might as well start saving now and stay at a deluxe. We are also considering renting DVC points to stay at the Beach Club Villas! Anyone have experience with renting points? I’d love input on it! We love the proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The reason we are going to hold off going next year is because Sam and her husband Victor have just bought a house and are hoping to start a family soon! Yay for them!!!! Ok, so that’s a little bit of what we’ve got going on in the future… now on with the update!

-Chapter 11-
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. – Walt Disney

Day 4- Tuesday, May 29th

So, we had just had a crazy day at Hollywood Studios, with another late night and a few mishaps! Thus, we rewarded ourselves with a little sleep-in time. We slept until about 8:30am. We took it slow this morning and we made it out the door by 9:30. Once we got on the bus, we were super excited for our day! Where were we going??

Epcot!!

Once we got there about 10am, we decided to head over to Soarin’ and see what the time had already jumped to. I was a little worried what the return time would be because we’d gotten there so late in the morning. We had a dinner reservation at 7pm. So we had to make sure the FP didn’t interfere with that. We were happy to see the return time we got was from 5:50-6:50pm! We figured that would work great!

After this, we wandered a little more in Future World. We rode on Nemo, which I always enjoy and think is super cute. Then we headed into the World Showcase pretty much right when it opened! I wanted to get the Maelstrom before our lunch reservations and the crowds!

But before we headed that way, we needed to take some fun pictures with the topiaries!

208830_1586240014477_1012683729_n.jpg

533457_1586240214482_1789871605_n.jpg

248024_1586240614492_1805307160_n.jpg

I love these topiaries! I think they are so cute!!!

525835_1586240814497_772647103_n.jpg

Then we headed into the World Showcase! We stopped briefly in Mexico to take a few pictures! Sam thinks she looks like a giant in this picture!

270981_1586241014502_1249547315_n.jpg

8026_1586241214507_195355223_n.jpg

I really like Mexico, but I was on a mission! We had rides to ride and food to eat! So, we didn’t take the time to go into the pavilion.

We got to the Maelstrom and it was pretty much a walk on! Wohoo! These aren’t great pics but, WHATEVER! haha!

599786_1586241454513_97804226_n.jpg

600471_1586241654518_493162040_n.jpg

This guy was super creepy on the ride… :eek:

600312_1586241894524_382226936_n.jpg

Riding Maelstrom was fun and we had the boat all to ourselves! In other words, we were able to be a goofy and crazy as we wanted!

After the ride, we had about 30 minutes to kill before our lunch reservation and we didn’t want to wander too far. So we decided to explore the shops and building around Norway! I love Norway, probably because I am part Swedish and they are very similar. Since there isn’t a Swedish pavilion, this is as close as it gets!

While exploring we were being pretty silly… :rotfl:

542555_1586242054528_839334582_n.jpg

526724_1586242334535_644478952_n.jpg

579990_1586242934550_389164699_n.jpg

Sam thought this dude was pretty cool. And then we had to do the obligatory photo…

205232_1586243334560_1520863194_n.jpg

318245_1586243654568_73460385_n.jpg

Look at us acting like normal human beings outside the castle-thingy (what is this place called again?!?!) I thought the wood carving that surrounds the door was amazing, so I had to grab a picture of it!

551814_1586243934575_113405043_n.jpg

And then we go inside the Norwegian-castle-thingy and again act like fools because no one is around and well, because we can!! :banana:

601824_1586244214582_1784042807_n.jpg

8090_1586244614592_522526882_n.jpg

What can I say… Disney just brings out the goofy side of us! No shame!
We also wandered into the Kringla Bakery and really wanted a tasty treat from there, but with all the food we knew we’d soon be eating we decided against that choice. At this point, it was about time to head over and check in to our lunch reservation!!! Sam and I were so excited for this meal. I believe it was the most anticipated meal of our trip…

So, where do you think we headed to for our lunch reservation?!?! You’ll have to find out on the next update!!!

Continued in Next Post

I am thinking you guys might be heading over to Askerhaus. No. Wait. Too girls. Hot waiters. Maybe Via Napoli? Just sayin. :rotfl:

Cute posing pictures! And I also love that you got a picture of the troll. I never seem to be able to get that shot!

If it were me, I'd stay in the regular Beach Club rooms! That way you'd get two real beds and the decor is so much cuter. However, it's clearly up to yall hahah but that being said I can't help with the DVC points because I've never rented before. But if it saves you money, go for it!

Did yall forget there's a ride in the Mexico pavilion? Hahah. :rotfl: The thing in Norway is called a stave church!

I totally know where you are going! :thumbsup2

I'm a little late to the party, but just saw your trip report tonight. I wanted to say a Kansas hello since we're practically neighbors :) since I'm in Lawrence. LOVE your Jayhawk dress! This is a Great trip report! Thanks for taking the time to write it.

If it were me, I'd stay in the regular Beach Club rooms! That way you'd get two real beds and the decor is so much cuter. However, it's clearly up to yall hahah but that being said I can't help with the DVC points because I've never rented before. But if it saves you money, go for it!

Did yall forget there's a ride in the Mexico pavilion? Hahah. :rotfl: The thing in Norway is called a stave church!

I totally know where you are going! :thumbsup2

We are leaning towards the Villas and renting the points because it ends up saving us like $750 each! That's a pretty big hunk of change. :thumbsup2

Hahah! No we didn't forget, but we'd already gone on it.

A Stave Church!! Thats right!! I knew I knew the word but couldn't think of it!

I know you know!! ;)

I am thinking you guys might be heading over to Askerhaus. No. Wait. Too girls. Hot waiters. Maybe Via Napoli? Just sayin. :rotfl:

Cute posing pictures! And I also love that you got a picture of the troll. I never seem to be able to get that shot!

Those are great guesses!! You got the cute guys right... we'll see where we end up :goodvibes

Thanks! We tried for some cute pics this trip. That troll was creepy, but I'm glad I got the shot! It looks neat!​

I'm a little late to the party, but just saw your trip report tonight. I wanted to say a Kansas hello since we're practically neighbors :) since I'm in Lawrence. LOVE your Jayhawk dress! This is a Great trip report! Thanks for taking the time to write it.

HEY NEIGHBOR!!!! Yay for Kansas people!! I got the Jayhawk dress in Topeka at the GTM Sportswear outlet for $13 dollars!! WOHOO! You should check it out! Rock Chalk!

I am loving writing it and I'm so glad you are here! :wave2:

I'm guessing Norway also with all the princesses!!! Dying to find out!

We will see.... :goodvibes

Chapter 12 - Try the Gray Stuff it's Delicious!

May 29th, Day 4 continued

Well, many of you guessed correctly. We were headed to Akershus for lunch and we were PUMPED!

577006_1586245054603_477534826_n.jpg

Can I just say that this was my favorite restaurant for our entire trip. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was outstanding, and I believe that it is probably the best deal for a character meal. Why? Because you get a cold buffet, an entrée, and dessert tray. Along with that, you get a FREE picture with Belle. You get a FREE 5x7 and we also got several 3x5’s free. So, unlike Chef Mickey’s where they try to sell you the pictures, these are free! Then on top of all of that, you get to meet a ton of the princesses with no wait and in the A/C!! So that’s my opinion on Akershus.

I think the theming inside and outside the restaurant was adorable.

603072_1586245254608_1138694191_n.jpg

223833_1586245374611_1610984710_n.jpg

318082_1586245454613_733780815_n.jpg

You see this book right inside the doorway while you wait to meet Belle.

And then, YOU GET TO MEET BELLE!!!!!!

598972_1586245534615_462321740_n.jpg

We got to take a little extra time with Belle since we had on our birthday buttons. She was super sweet. When we turned to leave we were greeted by two of THE CUTEST guys EVER. Hello Norwegians! They were pretty flirtatious and I was not going to NOT flirt back, I mean, hello gorgeous blonde hair and blue eyed guy!

After Hans seated us at our table, I was hopeful for an equally as gorgeous waiter. Alas, it was not to be and we got a nice Norwegian girl. I think she was training because her personality was a bit lacking and was constantly checking on things with another cast member. Anyways, once she got our drink orders, we headed to the cold buffet. Here is my lovely photo of my plate- notice the potato salad was already eaten. I was pretty hungry and forgot I needed pictures until after I’d eaten it! Whoops!

389681_1586245734620_2072446163_n.jpg

So, on my plate I had a pretty good helping of potato salad, which was awesome, then there was salad with this interesting salad dressing. I remember not being sure if I liked it, but I ate it! So it must not have been too weird. Then there is the roll and a few slices of lunch meats and cheeses. I really like the idea of a cold buffet before your meal. I really enjoyed it.

We ordered our food and not long after the princesses started to arrive!!

547253_1586245814622_759637915_n.jpg

600824_1586246014627_965601235_n.jpg

600023_1586246374636_164346611_n.jpg

250625_1586246694644_483194276_n.jpg

484198_1586247374661_1825668510_n.jpg

246439_1586247854673_1198784576_n.jpg

It was so fun to meet all the princesses! They were really cute and all had great character interactions. Then it was time for the FOOD!!! Let me just say, Sam and I loved our food. It was AMAZING. Literally, I crave it at least once a week. :cloud9:

538299_1586248414687_1849315024_n.jpg

Sam had the Cauliflower Soup and Salmon Cakes. She raved about both of these. She wanted to lick the bowl clean of the soup and ate every bit of the Salmon Cakes. They looked really good!

252242_1586248494689_1996534690_n.jpg

I had the Kjottkake, which is basically like a Traditional Norwegian Meatball dish. But these were not ordinary meatballs, people. They were way better than my grandma’s Swedish Meatballs, which is saying a lot! They were perfect. They were on top of very creamy and slightly cheesy potatoes. On top of the meatballs was some of the best ligonberry sauce I’ve ever tasted. I LOVE ligonberry anything. My grandma makes a great jam out of them, but this was above and beyond. I crave that ligonberry sauce. ::yes:: On the side were green beans, they were fine, but they were just regular green beans.

Sam and I were overwhelmed with how awesome the food had been. We hadn’t been expecting it to be so delicious, but it was amazing. While we waited for our dessert plate, I took a picture of the pretty ceiling in our room.

8023_1586248254683_1972824266_n.jpg

I love Scandinavian architecture!

Then came THE DESSERT PLATE! Oh my goodness…

575285_1586248574691_1005580132_n.jpg

From left to right: Chocolate Mousse, Rice Cream, Puff Pastry

I loved the Chocolate Mousse, it was outstanding! :worship: It was the best dessert of the trip, in my opinion. Sam fell in love with the Puff Pastry, which had strawberries and whipped cream on top. It was really good, but I preferred the Mousse. Neither of us really cared for the Rice Cream. It is a traditional Scandinavian dessert, but I’ve never liked it. It has almost a tapioca texture and neither of us like that.

Then they brought us our birthday cupcakes—like we had more room!

551738_1586248654693_244207997_n.jpg

I think we maybe took a bite of the cupcakes, but we were both really full.

Then our pictures were brought to us and because we were celebrating our birthdays, we got these cute cards that had all the princesses’ signatures! I thought it was really cute and I love it!

575764_1586249014702_1169297562_n.jpg

We were reluctant to leave Akershus after such a wonderful experience, but we had to get to exploring Epcot! Plus, I had some trickery up my sleeve for Sam, mwahahahaha!

Continued in Next Post

Loving your TR.....We are going to Arkeshus for the 1st time in December and I'm dragging the DH and son to it!!! I need some princess stuff!! So excited!! Where did you drag Sam to??? popcorn::

Well, your meal at Askerhaus sounds wonderful. Too bad you couldn't replace the boring Norweigan girl with a hottie for Via Napoli? :rotfl2: One can dream, right?

I have never eaten at Askerhaus, but I really would like to one of these trips. The food sounds amazing.

AHH YAY AKERSHUS!!!!

How unfortunate that you didn't get a cute waiter! Oh well hahah.

Um, WEIRD... but I think that your Aurora was our Ariel when we went. In fact I'm positive. How funny!!!

Bleck, I totally agree on the rice pudding. Disgusting. :crazy2:

I'm so glad you loved Akershus!! We have 2 ADR's there for our first trip, a breakfast and a dinner. After our 3 week trip to Norway last year, we need a bit of a Norwegian fix! Can't wait to read what happens next....:goodvibes

Congrats on your next trip! The Beach Club is so pretty and has that awesome pool. I don't even like swimming and I would totally spend half my vacation in there!

Your meal at Akershus looks delicious. I love Belle's signature - it's so over-the-top with all the squigglies underneath it.

I love the Norway pavilion, especially the Stave church with all the dark wood and the intricate carvings! It's so different from the other pavilions and has such a unique feel to it.

Enjoyed reading about your morning at Epcot, and especially your meal at Akershus. I love all the pictures of y'all and the princesses! Very cute!

:woohoo: for a new ticker-especially Beach Club! You'll love it!

Yay for your new ticker! You will love the Beach Club, it is so amazing! I'd say definitely try to rent points, it saves a lot of money! I've never done it, but that's only because I change my dates so often, I'd love to give it a try though!

Akershus looks so cute, I really need to eat there someday! :thumbsup2 I'm just afraid my DH will protest if I tell him we're going to a princess meal! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter