Only carry on for a family of 5? Anybody want to help me?

Originally posted by DMRick
My point was that not everyone does max out rheir carryon. Just look at this thread and see how many don't bring carryon. We see lots of people without much more than a newspaper.
It must depend on where you get yoru flights. Here in Albany, it seems most people don't bother with a lot of carryon (although those that do have it seem to be families and men with a really oversized bag.

The only thing I've ever seen gate checked here, was a stroller. I did see someone being told they had to go and check in their bag (they left, I assumed to go dwnstairs to check it) because they had three bags. I didn't even know you could gate check luggage.

As a rule you cannot gate check anything but strollers and wheelchairs, but, it does happen when there is not enough room in the overhead.
Like I said, I bring my small bag which fits under the seat. Dee brings his small bag with the laptop and cameras, it goes in the overhead. If we don't bring the laptop, the cameras go in my bag with books, travel documents and etc. I simply do not wish to be a pack mule on vacation or any travel. I find that people with the max. amount of carryons hold up security and hold up boarding and deplaning. Mostly because 9 times out of ten, they have something in that carryon that is not supposed to be there.
Or some child will not part with his bag or some businessman is being a PITA. The lines, which are very long at MCO, would move a heck of a lot faster if people would check their bags. Until the airlines change the rule, we will just have to grin and bear it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter