Once Upon a Christmastime! A Nov. 2010 PTR! *Update 12/12, Disney Blues, pg 61! :( *

Congrats on the extra day and the ADR at Sci-Fi! :thumbsup2

YAY! That's so awesome that you added an extra day!! :cool1:

And yay for eating at Sci Fi! I love that place! It's my favorite restaurant at HS. I just love the atmosphere so much! :lovestruc

Yay for an extra day! I added one to my trip, too :rotfl:

Hooray for an extra day at Disney! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You will LOVE Sci-Fi. Be sure to get a milk shake and the onion rings. :worship:

:woohoo: Yay for Sci-Fi!! Yay for an extra day!!

Yay!!! :woohoo: I'm so excited you were able to add an extra day - I'm sure that made you really glad you ended up switching resorts! Isn't it nice when it works out that way?!

What a nice long trip!!!! I am sooo jealous ;) Congrats!!!!

Thanks everyone! :hug: I'm SO happy we could add this extra day to our trip, it makes it so much less stressful now, knowing we have more Disney time! :rotfl: That day at Universal was really bothering me, as much as I want to go to Universal, the thought of giving up a Disney day was bothering me, so now at least I got that day back! And if we get back from Universal early enough, who knows, maybe we can squeeze a park in that day! :banana:

I'm excited about Sci-Fi too, I'm glad everyone has such great things to say about it! :cool1: I'm happy we are branching out on this trip and trying a few new places, while keeping our favorites in there too! I've wanted to try Sci-Fi ever since I saw the pictures of the cars you sit in while you're eating, so I'm happy I'm finally getting to do it! :banana:

Yay for Sci Fi!!! We've eaten there faithfully since I was 7 and the food is just as good now as it was back then! Get the milk shakes for sure!

My only gripe about Sci Fi is it always seems like we have super slow service. I realize it takes a while to walk back and forth from the kitchen but who knows, maybe it's our bad luck! Aside from that, it's great!

I've noticed a lot of the service at Disney is slow, I think that's just how they are! I mean, if it's unreasonably slow, that's one thing, but I'd rather have them be a little slow than feel rushed!

I will definitely be getting a milkshake! :cool1:

That's awesome you got to add an extra day! I love how flexible Southwest is. They make flying so much easier (and cheaper).

POR is so nice. We've stayed there once before and we really enjoyed it. The food court is one of the best ones at a resort, imo. They have tons of options and I really like the theming. You definitely need to go over to WL, though, to see all the decorations. Just make sure to take a TON of pictures for me. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see POR!!! :banana: I know I'm going to love it, I keep looking at pictures of it, and it's just soooo pretty! I can't wait to take the boat over to DTD at night, it seems like it will be a nice way to relax after being in the parks all day!

I'm considering visiting WL, but I'm nervous I will get too upset by being in there and not staying there! :rotfl: We had such a great time at WL last year, and the Christmas decorations were so beautiful, I know I won't want to leave! :)

Hi everyone! I feel like I've been neglecting my poor PTR the past few days, it was all the way on page 4 of the PTR section of the boards, so I've decided to do a little update!

Disney finally released the Food and Wine fest events and menu info, so, thanks to DisneyFirefly's great idea, I printed out a list of the menus and went through them and highlighted everything I want to try! :cool1: This is my first time at F&W so I'm REALLY excited! We will be there the last weekend, so I know it will be insane, but I feel like it will be well worth it! We will be spending our first 2 days in Epcot, Friday and Saturday, and if we really like it, we might try to squeeze it in Sunday as well!

Here's my list of things I'd like to try while I'm there! I know it's a lot of stuff, and I don't expect to try it all, but these things really caught my attention! :)

Argentina:
-Roasted Corn and Cheese Empanada
-Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce

Australia:
-Grilled Lamb Chop with Roasted Potato Salad and Red Wine reduction
-Lamington (sponge cake dipped in chocolate-how good does THAT sound!!! :eek:)

Belgium:
-Freshly Baked Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream-mmmmmm!
-Godiva Chocolate Iced coffee-I LOVE Godiva, I can't even imagine how good this is going to be! :woohoo:

Canada:
-Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup-yes I've had it at Le Cellier, but it's SOOOOO good, I can't walk by there and not get some!
-Vidal Icewine

Charcuterie and Cheese:
-Cheese Fondue with Croutons and Roasted Potatoes-I LOVE fondue! :)

Chile:
-Shrimp Ceviche-I've never had ceviche, ever, but I thought while I'm here, maybe I'll try it! :confused3

China:
-Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles
-Pork Pot Stickers
-Xinjiang Barbecue Chicken Stick
-Green Tea Plum Wine Cooler

Desserts and Champagne:
-Dark Chocolate Sensation

France:
-Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes
-Creme Brulee au Chocolate au Lait
-PARISIAN COSMO SLUSHIE!!!! :woohoo: I cannot WAIT to try this, I am seriously running to France and getting this first thing, and then I'll make my way back to Canada and start there! I've wanted to try this since I heard about it and now I finally get to! :banana:

Germany:
-Spatzle Gratin with Ham and Cheese
-Nurnberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll

Hops & Barley:
-Boston Style Crab Cake (it says with cabbage slaw, but there's no way I'm going to eat that! :rotfl:)
-New England Lobster Roll-not me, I'm not a fan of Lobster Rolls, but my DH LOVES them, so I know he will get one or two!
-They have lots of Sam Adams to choose here, and their Octoberfest and Cherry Wheat beers are my favorite beers ever, so I'll probably get some of that! :)

Ireland:
-Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie (more DH than me!)

Italy:
-Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy Bolognese Sauce

Japan:
-Spicy Tuna Roll
-California Sushi Roll-DH will probably get these 2 things, I don't eat sushi, but he loves it!
-Hatsumago sake-I've never had sake in my life and I've always wanted to try it!

Mexico:
-Churro
-Passion Fruit Frozen Margarita

Morocco:
-SANGRIA!!! So happy when I saw Sangria on the list, I love Sangria so much!
-Iced Mint Tea-just for something non-alcoholic to drink! :rotfl:

Poland:
-Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies-I'm Polish, how can I not get some pierogies while I'm here? :cool1:

Puerto Rico:
-Bacardi Frozen Limon Mojito-maybe, I'm not a huge fan of mojitos, but this seems interesting because it's frozen! :rotfl:

Spain:
-Spanish Almond Cake

Again, I know it's a huge list, and there are some things I left off that I know DH will want to try from other countries I didn't list here, but I'm not planning on fitting everything in! And I'm not a big drinker so I will probably have 2 drinks and be done for the night with anything alcoholic, but I'm guessing what they serve you isn't very much anyway, right? More like a sample? We'll see!!! :woohoo:

So excited about F&W! November, just get here already!!!

I will probably do another update this weekend, hopefully with good weight loss news! :confused3 I've been doing good this week, but you never know which way the scale will go for me, so we will find out in 2 more days! Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the week! Friday is almost here! :dance3:

nice list!! I'll have to check it out and see if the prices are listed! I think you can use your snack credits for it!!

nice list!! I'll have to check it out and see if the prices are listed! I think you can use your snack credits for it!!

Yeah I've heard that too, but I'm thinking about getting a F&W gift card since I would most likely blow through those 8 snack credits I have on the dining plan!

mmmmm....that sounds so good!!

I know, I really cannot wait! :rotfl: Whatever weight I lose for this trip will be gained right back in that first weekend! :laughing:

Oh my goodness - I'm so jealous you're going to get to sample all of those yummy foods! :goodvibes Some of those sweets sounds heavenly! I hope you're planning on taking pictures of all of these foods! :yay:

Mmm...all that food sounds SO delicious!!! I'm especially drooling over the Charcuterie and Cheese. You're going to love the F&WF. There is just so much good food available. YUM!!!!!!!

I don't know why it took me a month to realize you had started a PTR. Ok, OK...I am a little slow. Anyway - I am subbed now and I am going back to read and see where you guys are staying!

Just went back and read that you are staying at POR and you are adding an extra day. I think that is an awesome choice. I love POR. I stayed there on my very first on-site Disney trip. It brings back really special memories for me. To me it is the classic Disney resort. It's so beautiful. I visited it again in Dec 08 and it was just as beautiful as I remembered. Congrats - you are going to have a great trip! :thumbsup2

You have a lot of things on your list that I have on mine! I can't wait!

I'm still struggling with my weight loss...I was doing really good for a couple of months and I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon. I'm determined to get back to the gym next week!

Hey girl! Sorry I haven't been on the boards much the last few days, I've been super busy. I got that new job I was telling you about! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, this list is making my stomach growl. I want to try everything! I was there during the F&W Festival in 2007 but I didn't know what it was so I didn't try any food! :headache: I could just smack myself now for that one!

Oh my goodness - I'm so jealous you're going to get to sample all of those yummy foods! :goodvibes Some of those sweets sounds heavenly! I hope you're planning on taking pictures of all of these foods! :yay:

LOL, we didn't plan on going during F&W, it just happened to work out, and adding the extra day helped a lot! :cool1: I will definitely take pictures, I don't know how much I will actually eat off of that list, but hopefully a lot of it! :rotfl:

Mmm...all that food sounds SO delicious!!! I'm especially drooling over the Charcuterie and Cheese. You're going to love the F&WF. There is just so much good food available. YUM!!!!!!!

I know, I can't wait! I love fondue, I'm really excited to try that! And all the desserts they have...mmmmmm! :banana:

You have a lot of things on your list that I have on mine! I can't wait!

I'm still struggling with my weight loss...I was doing really good for a couple of months and I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon. I'm determined to get back to the gym next week!

I noticed we have a lot of the same things! :cool1: There's so much amazing food I want to try, I just hope I can fit it all into 2 days or we will be going a third day! :)

Ugh...I got so frustrated with dieting and exercising today...I know when I weigh myself tomorrow I'm not going to be happy. I really gotta start weight watchers next week. :sad2:

Hey girl! Sorry I haven't been on the boards much the last few days, I've been super busy. I got that new job I was telling you about! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, this list is making my stomach growl. I want to try everything! I was there during the F&W Festival in 2007 but I didn't know what it was so I didn't try any food! :headache: I could just smack myself now for that one!

I've been wondering where you were! I was gonna text you today while I was at work, but I thought you might be busy so I didn't want to bother you! CONGRATS, I knew you'd get the job!!! :dance3: :hug:

I was there during the very beginning of F&W during our September 08 trip, but like you, we had no idea what it was! :rolleyes1 So we missed out that year, and I'm hoping to make up for it this year! :rotfl:

Ooh....some of those F&W foods look super yummy.

I know, I cannot wait to go!!! I need November to be here NOW! :banana:

I don't know why it took me a month to realize you had started a PTR. Ok, OK...I am a little slow. Anyway - I am subbed now and I am going back to read and see where you guys are staying!

LOL, that's ok! Better late than never! And I still have almost 4 months left so you didn't miss much! :rotfl:

Just went back and read that you are staying at POR and you are adding an extra day. I think that is an awesome choice. I love POR. I stayed there on my very first on-site Disney trip. It brings back really special memories for me. To me it is the classic Disney resort. It's so beautiful. I visited it again in Dec 08 and it was just as beautiful as I remembered. Congrats - you are going to have a great trip! :thumbsup2

I'm really happy with downgrading to POR! An extra day is much more exciting to me than staying in WL, this will be my longest trip ever, and I just cannot wait! Everyone says such great things about POR! :) I stayed there when I was a kid with my family when it was Dixie Landings, but we were in the AB section, I didn't even know the mansions section existed back then, which is why I REALLY hope we get a room in the mansions section! I'm glad you liked it there, like I said, everyone says such great things about it, and that is just getting me more excited to stay there! :cool1:

Hey everyone!

Well unfortunately, Saturday is my weigh in day, and according to the scale this week, I gained 1.5 pounds. :confused3 I weighed myself yesterday and it said I didn't lose or gain, I was the same as last week, and today it's telling me I gained 1.5. I don't see how it's possible, so I don't really know what to go by!

I'd like to think I at least maintained this week. :) I did really good all week, but of course, I could have done better, so I'm not surprised that I didn't lose anything. I am surprised if I gained 1.5 pounds in one day though! :scared1:

Today is my husband's birthday (and also Disneyland's!), so we went out last night and I had a couple drinks, which I'm assuming is the cause of the "weight gain", because of the alcohol.

Uggghhhh...again, so frustrated!

Since today is my DH's birthday, I know today will be a lost cause, with eating, but tomorrow, I'm going to have to suck it up and start counting points with weight watchers. I didn't really want to have to resort to WW, I was hoping I could just eat sensibly on my own and exercise and lose weight, but other than the first week where I lost 4 pounds, it's not really working out.

And I have to really step up the exercise. All I've been doing is going for walks, and they aren't even fast walks, they're strolls. I'm going to have to figure out a way to use my elliptical machine a couple of times a week, even if it is really hot out (supposed to be in the 90's all week, I heard! :eek:) and I'll have to find some of my exercise DVD's and do them in my nice, AC'd bedroom! :rotfl:

Hopefully next week I'll be able to buy another Disney shirt! I know I said that last week, but this coming week should be better if I'm counting points!

Hope you all have a great Saturday, and oh, can I just point out my ticker for a second?

I love the fact that it says 3 MONTHS! Yes, I know, it says 3 weeks and 5 days after it, but still, I can actually look at it and think "3 months!" :woohoo: Can't wait to hit double digits! That's when I'm going to make a countdown calendar!

Yay for 3 months (and 3 weeks and 5 days)! Your trip will be here before you know it. :thumbsup2

Good luck with the exercising!

The F&W choices look great; I'm actually in a Pooh-bear style "think, think, think" because of that list. I'll have to update in a bit!

I understand the frustration! I've been eating well but haven't lost anything. I know I need to cram in more workout time, but I'm always insanely busy as it is. I hope this week goes well for you!!

Hey everyone!

Well unfortunately, Saturday is my weigh in day, and according to the scale this week, I gained 1.5 pounds. :confused3 I weighed myself yesterday and it said I didn't lose or gain, I was the same as last week, and today it's telling me I gained 1.5. I don't see how it's possible, so I don't really know what to go by!

I'd like to think I at least maintained this week. :) I did really good all week, but of course, I could have done better, so I'm not surprised that I didn't lose anything. I am surprised if I gained 1.5 pounds in one day though! :scared1:

Today is my husband's birthday (and also Disneyland's!), so we went out last night and I had a couple drinks, which I'm assuming is the cause of the "weight gain", because of the alcohol.

Uggghhhh...again, so frustrated!

Since today is my DH's birthday, I know today will be a lost cause, with eating, but tomorrow, I'm going to have to suck it up and start counting points with weight watchers. I didn't really want to have to resort to WW, I was hoping I could just eat sensibly on my own and exercise and lose weight, but other than the first week where I lost 4 pounds, it's not really working out.

And I have to really step up the exercise. All I've been doing is going for walks, and they aren't even fast walks, they're strolls. I'm going to have to figure out a way to use my elliptical machine a couple of times a week, even if it is really hot out (supposed to be in the 90's all week, I heard! :eek:) and I'll have to find some of my exercise DVD's and do them in my nice, AC'd bedroom! :rotfl:

Hopefully next week I'll be able to buy another Disney shirt! I know I said that last week, but this coming week should be better if I'm counting points!

Hope you all have a great Saturday, and oh, can I just point out my ticker for a second?

I love the fact that it says 3 MONTHS! Yes, I know, it says 3 weeks and 5 days after it, but still, I can actually look at it and think "3 months!" :woohoo: Can't wait to hit double digits! That's when I'm going to make a countdown calendar!

Happy birthday to your DH! :goodvibes

Also, don't stress about the weight gain. Stress can actually cause your body to hold onto the weight (which may be one of the reasons I've gained so much in recent months :headache:). Besides, you're right, it's more than likely from the alcohol. It could also be bloating from PMS. There are a lot of factors as to why you could have gained a pound :hug:

Yay for the ticker saying 3 months (and some)! Mine almost says 2 months! :woohoo:

yay for the countdown!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DH!!! I just ate at Japanese Hibachi with my mom, I don't want to know how much I gained from that meal!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter