OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Our 1st DVC stay is now less than 6 mos away! Our WL for 1BD near HH just came through (for an entire week!!!) and I am so excited (was booked as non-HH). My DH is a huge golf fan and would love to watch the golf action from our patio/balcony if possible. Can anyone suggest a building/location to request where this would be a possibility? Thanks much! :wave2:

Hi guys, quick question. For my upcoming trip I am not able to do online check in, Disney are saying because the resort has taking over assigning the booking already so am not able to do it, but I am pretty sure there is some kind of technical glitch in the system as I should have been able to do check in 50 days ago now & I tried, many times. I check in May 2nd.

The reservation is all correct, so we are down to checking in the traditional way on the day; which actually doesn't bother me at all. But I am bothered that I can't then put in my room requests; as we have people sleeping on the sofa bed it's important to us to get the rooms with twin entrances to the bathroom. I know I can switch out on the day if possible, but I'd rather get it squared up before hand.

Since I can't do online check in, is there a way of getting a request to the resort directly? Faxing is not an option & if I can avoid an international call it would be a bonus.

TIA.

We will be staying at OKW in October. First time there and first DVC stay! Our flight lands around 11:30am. What are the chances of our room being ready when we arrive at the resort? I want to do MNSSHP that night if there is a good chance we can spend the afternoon resting in the room, if not, I'll switch our plans around a little bit.

We will be staying at OKW in October. First time there and first DVC stay! Our flight lands around 11:30am. What are the chances of our room being ready when we arrive at the resort? I want to do MNSSHP that night if there is a good chance we can spend the afternoon resting in the room, if not, I'll switch our plans around a little bit.

We always request early check in, never has been an issue. However, it's always been a priority over room location.

AHHH OKW - such a fabulous resort! Stayed here when I got married at The Wedding Pavillion and absolutely loved it! My Dads favourite resort eva!

We just joined DVC and are kicking off our first stay with OKW this October! We are staying in a studio, just DH and I. This will also be our first time for F&W!! Can't wait! :cool1:

We just joined DVC and are kicking off our first stay with OKW this October! We are staying in a studio, just DH and I. This will also be our first time for F&W!! Can't wait! :cool1:

"Welcome Home!" I love hearing that! I've been a dvc member since 06 and I love it! We are staying in a 2 br (first time ever in 2 br) at OKW in nov. I'm excited to see what the resort has to offer. Here's to many years of magic!:)

Hi guys, quick question. For my upcoming trip I am not able to do online check in, Disney are saying because the resort has taking over assigning the booking already so am not able to do it, but I am pretty sure there is some kind of technical glitch in the system as I should have been able to do check in 50 days ago now & I tried, many times. I check in May 2nd.

The reservation is all correct, so we are down to checking in the traditional way on the day; which actually doesn't bother me at all. But I am bothered that I can't then put in my room requests; as we have people sleeping on the sofa bed it's important to us to get the rooms with twin entrances to the bathroom. I know I can switch out on the day if possible, but I'd rather get it squared up before hand.

Since I can't do online check in, is there a way of getting a request to the resort directly? Faxing is not an option & if I can avoid an international call it would be a bonus.

TIA.

I understand your frustration with online check-in. It took me forever to be able to do it -- and it still wouldn't accept my credit card. :confused3

If you can get the site to work, you should still be able to do online check-in. I'm checking in before you, April 28, and I was able to do online this morning. Are you going to the regular disney site (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/)? When you log in there, in the top right corner is "My Disney Experience". Click on that, then click on "My Reservations" and it should bring up any room reservations you have (both resort & DVC) and an additional section for ADRs.

On each eligible room reservation (60 days and under), there should be a link for "online check-in".

Other than that, I'm not sure what you could do, short of making that international call. :worried:

"Welcome Home!" I love hearing that! I've been a dvc member since 06 and I love it! We are staying in a 2 br (first time ever in 2 br) at OKW in nov. I'm excited to see what the resort has to offer. Here's to many years of magic!:)

Thank you! Hope you have a magical trip! :wizard:

Just had to share...

My family and I are 48 days away from our first stay at OKW. We are not DVC members, but we are so looking forward to staying at a 2BR Villa!

We did online check-in a few days ago, and we were pleasantly surprised to see that our "ground floor" request was automatically checked from the request we made over the phone. Then we could select 2 other requests on that.

Hi

I'm really considering staying here in a 2 bed villa as there are 6 of us. By the time I've saved enough it won't be till aug 2016! Can you tell me how big are the balconies I love the idea of sitting outside in morning with a cuppa. Also are the pools along way from villas as I know it's very important to my kids to b near them. Thanks Angie

You will love it and the balconies are HUGE...a nice table and four chairs. Pools are never far away. We love top floor, golf course view. ENJOY

TIA.

If you end up calling try using this telephone number 0844 8 610 610 (telediscount)and then the Disney number you need (follow instructions on IVR) - charges 1p per minute. :)

TIA.

Calling the resort directly is not a good idea. You will not get anyone at the resort, but your call will be routed to the virtual front desk, a call center that really doesn't take room requests.

You should send an email to DVC Member services via the members website "contact us" link and request a room in building numbers 30 and higher. Be sure your reservation is not in the Near HH booking category.

So I'm not a DVC member(yet!!!) but we rent points and love staying at OKW. Someday we may stay somewhere else, but if it ain't broke why fix it. I keep seeing people posting about online check in, my wife did on-line check in last time we stayed but we still had to go to the lobby and physically check in, my question is what is the advantages of on-line check in?

So I'm not a DVC member(yet!!!) but we rent points and love staying at OKW. Someday we may stay somewhere else, but if it ain't broke why fix it. I keep seeing people posting about online check in, my wife did on-line check in last time we stayed but we still had to go to the lobby and physically check in, my question is what is the advantages of on-line check in?

The advantages are fairly minimal.

They do try to assign you a room based upon your estimated arrival time, if one will be available.

Also, for those that charge to the room, by entering the CC number on line, the resort personnel do not have access to the number, they only see the last few digits and that there is a card on file. There have been some rare instances of having the number skimmed when checking in at the resort.

Long time lurker for this thread and I just wanted to post that we just got back from our first stay at OKW. I wasn't sure I was going to like the resort but I can see why you all have fallen in love with it. :goodvibes

We were in bldg 23 on the first floor and couldn't have been happier. The room was HUGE and we loved our veranda overlooking the golf course and pond.

My mom was actually sad when we checked out and went to the VWL for the rest of our stay:lmao:

Long time lurker for this thread and I just wanted to post that we just got back from our first stay at OKW. I wasn't sure I was going to like the resort but I can see why you all have fallen in love with it. :goodvibes

We were in bldg 23 on the first floor and couldn't have been happier. The room was HUGE and we loved our veranda overlooking the golf course and pond.

My mom was actually sad when we checked out and went to the VWL for the rest of our stay:lmao:

Hey fellow RI'er!! Just got back from a week at BCV and it just made me want to stay at OKW all the more.

cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter