OKW lovers thread !!!

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by bababear_50, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Yes, it is our first stay home at OKW since buying in to DVC March 2012. We toured OKW though before buying and loved the grounds and proximity to DTD. Our first DVC stay was Vero Beach last June and we loved it, but are looking forward to staying at OKW!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

Since you booked on cash, and not using DVC points, it is unlikely you will get a room in the Near Hospitality House booking category, unless one opens up last minute through a DVC member cancellation. That category is not bookable with cash reservations, you can make a request to be close to HH, but you'll probably be in bldgs 15, 16, 27, 28 or 29.

As far as not having a car, at OKW it really isn't a necessity no matter what part of the resort you are placed into. There are 5 bus stops throughout the resort, and the Hospitality bus stop is usually the last stop on the route. So just hop on any bus and it will take you to Hospitality if you don't want to walk. To return to your villa when leaving the hospitality area, just walk over the bridge to the Peninsular Road bus stop, it is the first stop on the route. Disney has been offering good prices to UK tourists, generally much better deals on cash reservations than those available to US residents.

4. dmoore22

dmoore22 Old Rock n' Roller

And a DVC member hasn't wait-listed that category. . . ;)

5. dmoore22

[​IMG]

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

11, 12, 13, 14 and 23, 24, 25, 26. See the map above. Studios are usually at the ends of the buildings.

7. awilliams4

awilliams4 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the bikes available for rent are allowed on the Jogging Trail at OKW? I am assuming that if they are not allowed on the Jogging Trail that riding the bikes around OKW is problematic and not all that fun dodging cars/busses.

8. Chuck S

It isn't like OKW is a metropolis full of traffic. I know a lot of folks ride the surrey type bikes on the sidewalks, so they aren't actually in any traffic. But even with the traffic on the roads, drivers have plenty of time to stop or avoid bicyclists.

9. dmoore22

Gee, I thought OKW was one big jogging trail where peaceful coexistence with beach bikes, surreys, golf carts, buses, etc., is the norm. ;)

As per https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/old-key-west-resort/recreation/

Bike Rentals

Breeze by tranquil canals and rolling golf course fairways on a bike from Hanks Rent N Return.

Jogging

Jog on a 1.37-mile-long path that winds along shimmering canals and golf course fairways.

10. MarkyMouse

MarkyMouse Mouseketeer

Man what I would pay to be sitting in the gurgling suitcase right this minute!! Life is tough these days! I sure hope to get back there soon!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. Chuck S

Just wanted to pop in and remind everyone that our DISBoards have problems with threads over 250 pages in length. Over the next couple of days, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and look for a good place to close it and refer to a new thread.

12. dmoore22

What will the $50 Billionth Poster win? Oops! That's Apple. :rotfl2:

13. Snoopygirl

Snoopygirl DIS Veteran

I'm in the single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 D A Y S TO GO!!!

:cool1:

14. dianeschlicht

dianeschlicht <font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon

So when we get a new OKW Lover's thread, we'll have to make sure the map and other common questions get answered in the early pages.

15. SAT887

SAT887 DIS Veteran

I say who ever starts the new one saves the first few posts for maps, a basic FAQ and links!

16. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If I remember correctly, you can't take the bikes off the property (like on the path to DTD). We did get a surrey bike once at OKW (after having a fiasco at BW) and had a good time riding around the resort.

17. Chuck S

I've made a new OKW Lover's thread, and tried to include basic resort info in the first post.

It is located here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3113113

I'm closing this current thread now, please see the new thread to continue the OKW Resort discussion. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.