• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

First time at OKW :) Can I take advantage of the online check in and put my room requests in at that point? I will be arriving early in the morning, is in person a better option?

Thanks again

So excited, just got into OKW with an RCI exchange for 2bed 08/14-08/31.

Looking forward to staying onsite, so less commute and more relax and recharge time! :)

You will enjoy it! Please come back and tell us your thoughts.

We just bought 50 more OKW points. Now we are in the 500 club. We love DVC.

Congratulations!!!

We'll be checking in a month from now again!!

I was just able to snag a 3 bedroom Grand Villa for our family reunion in November. :cool1: I am a wee bit excited! The wait for the 7 month mark was nerve wracking. :hyper:

I could not get the first night I wanted but I found a 2 bedroom at AKL that will work with someone, probably DH and I sleeping on the couch!:rotfl2:

I hope we enjoy the grand villa. I hear they are incredible.

I was just able to snag a 3 bedroom Grand Villa for our family reunion in November. :cool1: I am a wee bit excited! The wait for the 7 month mark was nerve wracking. :hyper:

I could not get the first night I wanted but I found a 2 bedroom at AKL that will work with someone, probably DH and I sleeping on the couch!:rotfl2:

You'll love it! We have had as many as 12 in a GV, and in December we will have as few as 4. Our adult offspring are going with, and everyone wants their own bedroom.

We have stayed in a GV a couple times. They are awesome!! Very roomy and spacious. I would be anxious too waiting for the 7 month mark on a GV!

We recently booked OKW for October! We've never stayed there so we are super excited!!

What are the best tips for getting around the resort? What order do the buses run?

We recently booked OKW for October! We've never stayed there so we are super excited!!

What are the best tips for getting around the resort? What order do the buses run?

We prefer to walk much of the time to enjoy the amazing landscaping, but buses run (coming into the resort)
1st stop Peninsular Road
2nd South Point
3rd Old Turtle Pond
4th Miller's Road
5th Hospitality House.

Since all buses stop at HH last, you can always jump on ANY bus and get off at HH for the main pool, Olivia's or DTD transportation. There are neighborhood pools and hot tubs at Miller's Road, South Point, and Turtle Pond as well.

Rechecking in! My other acct was hacked and the email was changed so now I can't access it anymore. But I'm the same DISNEYDUET, just new clothing now. :goodvibes

Just booked a GV stay for Feb 14-18th! Kids have a long week-end off from school! Count so far, 11 of us with 4 of us who have February birthdays! I hope we get the GV in Building 15!

Gosh I miss OKW!

We are getting excited. Our first stay with our DVC membership is coming up in a couple weeks.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:welcome: Home!

Congrats! And since you're on the OKW thread, is it safe to assume that your 1st stay is at OKW?

If so, one of our favorite things to do is to take the boat over to DTD for dinner or ice cream! At night, the lights, the waterway, it's all so beautiful!

Hi all. Tossing around the idea of renting points to book either a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa winter or spring of 2014 for a week or maybe more. It would be me, DH, our baby and my parents.

My mother has mobility issues. She isn't in a wheelchair permanently, but would most likely be in a scooter at Disney because of all the walking required in the parks. She does have the disability parking permit here in Canada, but we wouldn't be renting a car there.

Question, if we wanted to book the HH area villas (easier for her to get to the Downtown Disney Boat, Olivia's, etc), what are the chances we could get a building that has a elevator? I know there are only three buildings that have this option. I read further back in this thread they are reserved for medial issues, so I was wondering if her medical issue would count, or if they are specific medical issues in mind that they book for?

Because we'd be renting points, and aren't DVC members, I can't call myself, so will have to pass this information on when we book through our DVC renting company. Our dates are very flexible, so if it's all booked up at a certain time, we can always wait longer, just didn't know if it had to be a specific disability or not.

My concern is that it may be better to book at another resort with less walking if being close to HH with either a lower level or elevator building villa can't be granted. I can't see it working out well if we are a 10 minute walk from the HH,and in a third story room with no elevator. Not sure how much consideration they do for room location requests due to disabilities.

Thanks in advance.

If you need a HA room, that is somethign you can book and get locked in at any resort. I would make sure to request an HA room.

You can also book the HH Category room at OKW. It is supposed to ensure you get a room very near HH and the themed pool. Again HH is a booking category and should lock you into a rooom near HH.

If there are no HH Category rooms available, you could always take the bus to and from HH area. HH is the last stop for all theme park buses with the bus stop just over the bridge from HH being the first stop.

Good luck, enjoy.

...Question, if we wanted to book the HH area villas (easier for her to get to the Downtown Disney Boat, Olivia's, etc), what are the chances we could get a building that has a elevator? ....

None of the buildings considered to be Hospitality House area have elevators. HHA buildings are 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, 26. Elevator buildings are 62, 63 and 64. If you request a first floor HHA or medical need elevator, you should get them. But they are two different areas. Make sure you book the one you really need and want.

Candy Orlando said:
We just bought 50 more OKW points. Now we are in the 500 club. We love DVC.

Wow how nice that must be! Expensive too....... I've been a dvc member since 2006 (SSR) and still have my original 160 points. I do have another timeshare though. So that also allows me to trade into dvc resorts. It's a good thing I have that as a back up since I'm always living in the future. ;)

Just a couple days ago I booked a 2 br at OKW for November 10-17. I'm excited, yet worried we won't like it. I don't know why...... We've only stayed at our home resort of SSR, but have upcoming stays at AKV (1 night before our cruise) and BCV after the cruise. I guess I don't know much about this resort and that's why I'm having some concern. I'm planning on doing some research on the web to help ease my fears.

Just a couple days ago I booked a 2 br at OKW for November 10-17. I'm excited, yet worried we won't like it. I don't know why...... We've only stayed at our home resort of SSR, but have upcoming stays at AKV (1 night before our cruise) and BCV after the cruise. I guess I don't know much about this resort and that's why I'm having some concern. I'm planning on doing some research on the web to help ease my fears.

I am also an SSR owner. I love my home resort, but have now stayed at OKW 5 or 6 times and will be returning there in just 8 days! It is a beautiful resort! The grounds are lovely. The villas have been refurbished within the last couple years and are in great shape. And you can't beat the room size!

My very first OKW visit, we were in Turtle Pond. When we first checked in, I was like "eh - I guess this is OK". The next morning, I took a walk around the grounds (while my family was still sleeping) and I literally fell in love with the place! :love: Give it a chance! ;)

We stayed at OKW around 8 years ago and simply loved it there. We rented points. The following year we rented at BWV and I cried after seeing the room - so small and cramped and I was SO disappointed. Unable to move resorts b/c on rented points but I enjoyed the location etc. except I just LOVED OKW.

We have returned to Disney every year since then but DH and DD discovered club level during one stay at BWI and have been hooked ever since so we only rent a night here or there at the end of a trip. We have rented at AKL, SSR, BCV, BWV and OKW - just to try a night at a new resort type thing. NOTHING has beat OKW to me over the years. NOTHING. In fact this summer we are staying at our beloved YC of course and instead of just the one nhight at a DVC resort, we are doing 3 and I got to pick where - OKW. It is our first visit back in 8 years. I can't wait. I have stayed so many places over the years and this always felt like home.

I will caution you though on room selection - research t hat - there is one area that is really noisy - sits on a bus road or busy street but I did feel like I was on the Indy 500 on our first night until we switched. I know if you book the HH category you will nOT have that problem. So if you did not book HH b/c it was unavailable - note it in your records QUIET AREA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter