• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but the elevator part isn't necessary since those aren't HH units.

yes I know but I wonder if disney would remove me from the HH booking category if they realize a 1st floor studio is not available there for me and thus move me to another bldg with an elevator. Or if I just remove ALL requests/booking categories, etc. and just state "1st floor unit or any unit in bldg with elevator"

yes I know but I wonder if disney would remove me from the HH booking category if they realize a 1st floor studio is not available there for me and thus move me to another bldg with an elevator. Or if I just remove ALL requests/booking categories, etc. and just state "1st floor unit or any unit in bldg with elevator"

Ask your member to request first floor for medical needs. That should be your first and only request.

We are renting points from a member for our upcoming stay. I have read some reviews about musty smelling rooms. DH has extremely bad asthma . I just never thought about a Disney resort smelling musty as we have stayed in most of them and never had an issue (except CBR where four rooms smelled like stinky feet before we found one that smelled ok). Anyway, I am wondering if first floor rooms tend to be the ones with musty issues. If so, should we have our member do a medical request for the 3rd floor? Can we request some kind of ozone treatment ahead of time? The whole musty thing was just unexpected. Otherwise, I just was planning on requesting a quiet building...

We are renting points from a member for our upcoming stay. I have read some reviews about musty smelling rooms. DH has extremely bad asthma (visits hospital for special treatment 2-3 times per day, every day for past 20+ years). I just never thought about a Disney resort smelling musty as we have stayed in most of them and never had an issue (except CBR where four rooms smelled like stinky feet before we found one that smelled ok). Anyway, I am wondering if first floor rooms tend to be the ones with musty issues. If so, should we have our member do a medical request for the 3rd floor? Can we request some kind of ozone treatment ahead of time? The whole musty thing was just unexpected. Otherwise, I just was planning on requesting a quiet building...

I've stayed on multiple floors and multiple buildings and haven't had any musty smelling OKW villas ever.

We are renting points from a member for our upcoming stay. I have read some reviews about musty smelling rooms.

Not sure where you've seen these reviews but in probably 50+ stays at OKW over our many years of ownership (bought in 1995) we have never had a musty smelling room there.

I've stayed on multiple floors and multiple buildings and haven't had any musty smelling OKW villas ever.

Not sure where you've seen these reviews but in probably 50+ stays at OKW over our many years of ownership (bought in 1995) we have never had a musty smelling room there.

This is very relieving to read. Thank you! I think I will stick with my original request, then...:wave2:

I think it depends on how astute your nose is and where you are from. We are from the north east and it is really only humid here for a small amount of time, and during that time, our basement can get a "musty" wet smell. I have stayed in a few Disney....and other Florida hotels....that during certain times can have that smell. I have never had to change rooms because of it.

I always bring Lysol with me for that reason, and give the room a fast spray. If is seems very damp, you can ask for a dehumidifier to be brought to you. We had that once at the Wilderness lodge; bottom floor in August.

Cheryl

We have owned at and been staying at OKW for more than 15 years, and I've never encountered a musty smelling room. Smoky, yes, but never musty. FYI, the smoky room was rectified as well with a move.:thumbsup2

Quick question for OKW vets. I am staying in HH 2BR in May and will be my first trip under ownership. My 11 month opens for a long Dec 13 weekend for DW and me and looking at map was thinking to request bldg 45 or 46. Looks quiet and still convenient on the map. Any recent stays here ? It would be a studio since it's just us 2. Thanks for your input :)

Quick question for OKW vets. I am staying in HH 2BR in May and will be my first trip under ownership. My 11 month opens for a long Dec 13 weekend for DW and me and looking at map was thinking to request bldg 45 or 46. Looks quiet and still convenient on the map. Any recent stays here ? It would be a studio since it's just us 2. Thanks for your input :)

If you have Hospitality House area, bldg 45 and 46 are not in that area. You'd need to cancel and rebook to get non-HH area. And then hope maybe you get Bldg 45 or 46.

If you have Hospitality House area, bldg 45 and 46 are not in that area. You'd need to cancel and rebook to get non-HH area. And then hope maybe you get Bldg 45 or 46.

No I have HH for my May trip.Potluck there asked for 3rd floor based on squeaky floors I've read about here. For Dec it will just be DW and me. Since I've never been on the grounds (yet) and my 11 month coming up for Dec trip wanted to know what 45-46 are like.

Have stayed at OKW twice in the last year. Once in a 2 bedroom and once in a GV. Both times the room has been great, no problems. Am staying in Oct in a GV again.

I cannot find a thread on this for OKW studio location. What bldg to request in a studio HH category? I don't want to have a noisy room but that's the only criteria.

Thanks
Tabatha

Yes, it is in the HH.

Thank you.

One other question. I saw in this thread someone posted pictures of the studio room and in the kitchenette there was a full size coffee maker. DO you have to bring your own coffee and filters to be able to use the coffee maker?

I know if you are staying on points there is no housekeeper to come in every day and leave you more coffee so I was just wondering if you are suppose to bring your own.

Thank you.

One other question. I saw in this thread someone posted pictures of the studio room and in the kitchenette there was a full size coffee maker. DO you have to bring your own coffee and filters to be able to use the coffee maker?

I know if you are staying on points there is no housekeeper to come in every day and leave you more coffee so I was just wondering if you are suppose to bring your own.

I think there are only a couple pouches of coffee and only a few filters. So yes, bring extra if you like coffee every day.

Just a few pictures of a studio. We loved it and will definitely be back again.

WDWDecember2012081.jpg

WDWDecember2012082.jpg

WDWDecember2012084.jpg

WDWDecember2012085.jpg

WDWDecember2012086.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. That room seems so much bigger than a standard hotel room like you would find at the values or mods. The room is beautiful.

That room seems to have a patio or balcony. DO all the studios have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter