• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do your ADR for 1 or 2? Sometimes ADRs don't book for one. I just checked 12/12 and there is dining available for 2 across 730-10. You can book for two and always call dining and move it two one....

Yes, I have only been inputting 1, it's kind of odd that I'd be able to book for 2 but not for 1, I think I will go back and book using 2. Good idea

I read about this happening to others- makes no sense to me! Hope you get to try Olivia's we've gone there a lot and I hope to stop by this year for a lunch!

I have had some of the best prime rib at Olivia's :love: and it seems most Disney restaurants have stopped serving it :eek:

Did you do your ADR for 1 or 2? Sometimes ADRs don't book for one. I just checked 12/12 and there is dining available for 2 across 730-10. You can book for two and always call dining and move it two one....

Thanks for that - I've also been trying to book for one for 12/18-12/22 and not getting any availability :badpc:

Thanks for that - I've also been trying to book for one for 12/18-12/22 and not getting any availability :badpc:

I went back and booked breakfast for my last morning. I did book for 2, I feel a bit guilty, but happy I can have a nice breakfast before I head back home.

helenk said:
I went back and booked breakfast for my last morning. I did book for 2, I feel a bit guilty, but happy I can have a nice breakfast before I head back home.

You should be able to call Disney dining and reduce it to 1.... I wouldn't feel bad about a glitch in their system- in fact the more people tell them maybe they will actually fix it!!

Don't feel guilty. Olivia's smallest tables are two-tops anyway.

BobNed said:
Don't feel guilty. Olivia's smallest tables are two-tops anyway.

Exactly- it's not like you have an ADR for 10 people! Just one that is good for one small table :)

Spent the past hour or so catching up on our first home... Nice to see it's still a preferred place to be. Thanks all for the posts and pics! Can't wait for our first 2-BR experience. Bringing my mom, brother, SIL and niece along with my DW, DS8 and DD5.

Spent the past hour or so catching up on our first home... Nice to see it's still a preferred place to be. Thanks all for the posts and pics! Can't wait for our first 2-BR experience. Bringing my mom, brother, SIL and niece along with my DW, DS8 and DD5.
You will love it. Be sure to ask for a building 30 or above so you will have the extra door to the master bath that makes it more private for those guests using the living room. Don't forget that OKW now has both a queen pull out sofa AND a twin sized pull out chair that is very comfy (but uglier than mud).:thumbsup2

One thing about that extra door. If its your first time at OKW( for us it was) you may find yourself circling around that bathroom! Seriously we were like going in , out , around trying to figure out which way we came in and how to get out! :)

One thing about that extra door. If its your first time at OKW( for us it was) you may find yourself circling around that bathroom! Seriously we were like going in , out , around trying to figure out which way we came in and how to get out! :)
Your joking, right???? It's a lot better than being able to get a beer out of the fridge without moving from your chair in the tiny BWV units. ;) Just had to channnel him one more time. Richyams, that is.

New DVC owner already in love with OKW without ever staying there! Our first DVC stay is over Thanksgiving and is a split stay between SSR and OKW. We are in a studio at OKW and we don't have the "near hospitality house" reservation. Which building do you recommend we request? We don't want street noise, prefer close to bus stop, and enjoy water views. Any recommendations for our studio? Thank you!

New DVC owner already in love with OKW without ever staying there! Our first DVC stay is over Thanksgiving and is a split stay between SSR and OKW. We are in a studio at OKW and we don't have the "near hospitality house" reservation. Which building do you recommend we request? We don't want street noise, prefer close to bus stop, and enjoy water views. Any recommendations for our studio? Thank you!

Studios are tricky since they are on the ends of most buildings. If your main request is near a bus stop, then that should be your request instead of a specific building. They will have a better chance of filling your request if they know why you made a specific request.

My request is always top floor...didn't like the one studio they offered...first floor right next to the road and bus stop...actually patio faced both...got moved to 37.. We prefer golf course view. If you want canal view, not sure about the views as there is a Lot of vegetation from what I can tell from the boat ride to DTD.

My request is always top floor...didn't like the one studio they offered...first floor right next to the road and bus stop...actually patio faced both...got moved to 37.. We prefer golf course view. If you want canal view, not sure about the views as there is a Lot of vegetation from what I can tell from the boat ride to DTD.

The studios in buildings 45 and 46 will still have good canal views even if they are on the first floor.

dianeschlicht said:
Your joking, right???? It's a lot better than being able to get a beer out of the fridge without moving from your chair in the tiny BWV units. ;) Just had to channnel him one more time. Richyams, that is.

Nope not joking! After a day or so we figured out which door gets you back into the living room! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter