Okay, what's the scoop...

Is it really " synergy" when the rides and movies are decades apart?

I doubt Walt would have been totally against it either, but the difference his that he was better in the execution of the idea. The concept was not his sole ride/movie design inspiration either. I doubt Walt would have had to rely on dragging out 30 year old dark rides as “new movie ideas”.

Motivation seems to be key as well. With the origional dark rides it always seemed like the feeling behind them was "woudn't it be great to let the guest really be in the movie?" With PotC, CBs (they closed the one in DL??? I'm crying now. I loved that show.) and HM I just keep getting the twin thoughts that Disney's run out of ideas and that they're despate for money. Quite a far cry from "living the magic" of the dark rides.

This is just my 02 but wouldn't it make more sense for Disney to do the ride first then have the movie come out within a yr of the ride? That way the ride would feed the movie popularity and then the movie would feed the ride/park back again.... Does this make sense to anyone other than myself?
They could put an ad for the ride at the end of the movie, make people want to experiance that haven't or make them miss the fun of Disney to return again. I think this is just common sense and the understanding of human nature. Something that it seems Disney heads don't use.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
I was just pointing out that Walt had no problem basing a ride after movie and I doubt he would have a problem basing a movie on a ride.
I agree, Walt wouldn't have a problem with a movie based on a ride, but he would have had a big problem with a bad movie based on a ride (Country Bears).

He would have had a big problem with a bad movie period, and it seems like that is the only thing Disney can produce recently (instead of getting a bad movie as the exception, it now seems the good movies are). I mean, Hunchback 2? 102 Damations followed by 101 Dalmations II? I think the executives are Disney have lost their touch in so many ways.

But I'm fairly certain Walt had his share of clunkers also. If memory serves me correctly,wasn't Fantasia an expensive bomb ?

I'm never in favor of making a bad movie and I doubt very seriously ME sits up on his pedestal and intentionally dreams up bad movie ideas, he's just shown no talent for picking winners lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter