Okay, what's the scoop...

DGuiltinan

MisterHotDog
Country Bear movie, Pirates of the Caribbean, and now Haunted Mansion movie??

Not to mention Lilo and Stitch with the O'hana references...

Is Disney promoting its theme parks through movies??

This is what Disney's CEO calls "synergy"

Welcome to the rumors & news board.

Sarangel

Synergy, hmmm - I like the sounds of that!!

I can see the synergy there. I feel like the Country Bears will now be a little more interesting the next time I go! And I am looking forward to the pending new movie releases...

What's next, Gilbert Godfried starring in "Tiki Room, the Movie"??

I think it's really a good thing to cross sell the Disney brand. I watching an episode of NYPD Blue and Sipowitz (sp?) was taking his kid to WDW. I thought wow what a great dad and it makes want to watch ABC all the time LOL.

[sarcasm]Heavens, don't say that out loud... Don't you know Disney executives moniter fan sites like ours for this sort of 'wish.'

On the other hand, you could always let them build.... err.... film it & then sue, make a mint and buy lifetime Annual Passes (or go to the Bahamas & retire, your choice).[/sarcasm]

Sarangel

I was thinking more like Kramer as the Skipper of the Jungle Cruise Boat. :rolleyes:

What's up with your countdown timer? Are you really planning a trip 40 years from now? I thought I planned ahead!!! lol

It's A Small World - The Movie...

Do you think when the people come out of the movie they will be singing "It's a Small World after all" or have a stark raving mad look on their faces yelling "put me out of my misery, I'll give you anything if you can get that stupid tune out of my head ?":jester:

Well, it still beats the direct to video sequel: Superstar Limo - The Motion Picture.

I feel like the Country Bears will now be a little more interesting the next time I go!

I wish Disneyland'ers could say the same. They shut down the Country Bear Jamboree about the same time they green-lighted the film. So Californians now get to experience the extreme opposite of synergy.

Originally posted by DGuiltinan
Synergy, hmmm - I like the sounds of that!!

Oh Good GOD NO!! I still don't understand why they made HM into a comedy. That just depresses me beyond depression.

Gilbert Godfried would be the proverbial straw!!

:eek:

Robin

The Swiss Fam treehouse came after book and movie. So did 20k Leagues, Peter Pan,Pooh,Mermaid, Splash. I'm sure there are others. Guess Walt just never used the word Synergy.

Vike -

It's not that Synergy (in and of itself) is a bad thing, but that Uncle Mike & his cronies are doing such a poor job of it. Maybe the Pirates Movie will change my mind on this point, since all the buzz is good, but I sorta doubt it. Synergy should give the guest/customer more of what they want & not force feed it a la "Cinderella 2," "Country Bears," etc.

Sarangel

Sarangel is right...what it comes down to is execution. Splash is a wonderful execution of the Song of the South story. That's quite different from making a movie simply because you like saying the word synergy.

Regardless of what one believes is the reason for the decline in Disney's ability to execute such "synergistic" projects, there is most definitely a problem.

As has been pointed out before, making a movie out of a ride, ride out of a movie, or a movie out of a Grimm story is not a problem in and of itself. Whether its done with any consistent success depends on the objectives/goals/talent of those involved.

My post wasn't about synergy being good or bad, it was more a counter to all the previous posts about the next ride movies to be released. My interpretation of those posts was that they were ment to bash the idea of developing a movie after a ride. I was just pointing out that Walt had no problem basing a ride after movie and I doubt he would have a problem basing a movie on a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter