Okay, I joined Pinterest. Now what?!

Vacation Lover

DIS Veteran
I'm a little overwhelmed. What do you use Pinterest for? And if I pin something is it going to show up on my Facebook page? I've seen some post their pins to FB, but I don't want mine to. Where do you get your ideas for pinning?

I usually just repin what others have already pinned. I used it many times over the holidays for ideas for baked goods and holiday treats. Already repinning ideas for Valentines Day and Easter.

It will only post to facebook if you click the box for it to do so. I search everything, disney, recipes, crafts, cleaning tips, home designs etc..

I use pinterest to repin things that people have already posted.

I like to repost food ideas, fashion, crafts, disney, and a lot more.

Dumb quetion I know! But when you repin where does it go?:confused: I think I need a Pinterest tutuorial!:idea:

Pinterest is basically a "bulletin board" where you can pin things that you want to see again/copy/etc. Sometimes I see a recipe then can't remember where I saw it online, so now I pin it to my board. I use it to repin other things from pinterest, but mostly for pinning things I find searching online. You can go to settings in Pinterest and detach it from your facebook. It is great for recipes, crafts, party ideas, organizing ideas, workout ideas, etc.

I use pinterest to pin things that I find. I have boards for my dd tea party, my son's super hero party, crafts I want to try, things I think are cool, a baby shower I'm helping to do next week, and I just started one on Exercise.

I tell my husband that it's my bookmarks but this way I know why I bookmarked them instead of just having a blog address and not remembering what I liked on it.

I cant seem to get invited :( I signed up and there is a waiting list?

you should get an e-mail in about a week with your invite- that's how long it took for me to get mine. If you don't want to wait, I'd be more than happy to send you an invite if you pm me your e-mail address :)

At the top of the page, there is a tab that says Add...click on that and create a bulliten board for each major categories you want. When I first started, I created a board for Food, Decorating, Crafts, Style, and Just Because.

When I would browse through Pinterest and see things I liked, I clicked on Repin on that particular idea/recipe. A box should pop up that asks what board you wish to add it to. Click on the dropdown menu and choose the desired board.

Once you have pinned some things, click on your name at the top of the board. Under it, it lists boards. Click on that and it will show you all the boards you've created and the things you've pinned to each board. Its like an online file for all the neat things you want to keep up.

Hope this helps a little.

you should get an e-mail in about a week with your invite- that's how long it took for me to get mine. If you don't want to wait, I'd be more than happy to send you an invite if you pm me your e-mail address :)
Hmm I am waiting at least a month now lol :) I will PM you now! Thank you!

I started on this site about a month ago and pinned a TON of recipes & craft ideas... yesterday I went to check out my boards and there were maybe 5 things left on each board. Why are they disappearing? Seems completely pointless if my ideas are going to be deleted after a certain amount of time. :confused3

I started on this site about a month ago and pinned a TON of recipes & craft ideas... yesterday I went to check out my boards and there were maybe 5 things left on each board. Why are they disappearing? Seems completely pointless if my ideas are going to be deleted after a certain amount of time. :confused3

That's really strange! That's not happened to me at all, and i've not heard any of my friends mention it's happened to them either. Are you making sure when you pin that it shows up? I know sometimes I be pinning while I browse websites and some show up blank so I have to redo them.

This does happen. When you repin a item, if the original pinner deletes it from their board, it will be deleted from yours. Frustrating if its something you wanted to keep.

I know how to repin. I need to figure out how to go to a site & be the original pinner. I can't figure that part out.

This does happen. When you repin a item, if the original pinner deletes it from their board, it will be deleted from yours. Frustrating if its something you wanted to keep.

I know how to repin. I need to figure out how to go to a site & be the original pinner. I can't figure that part out.

Oh I had no idea that would happen! hmm I think i'll make sure to pin them myself from the site, like you mentioned. You just add the Pin It button to your toolbar to do this. They explain it in the help area of Pinterest.

Hi Meghan,

I pm-ed you too, so if you have more than one invite (not sure how that works), I'd love for you to send me one too. I'd put my name on the waiting list awhile back and haven't seen anything since.

Thanks!
Becky

Well that just stinks... lol... not sure the point of "repinning" if they can be deleted by someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter