Okay, I joined Pinterest. Now what?!

Well that just stinks... lol... not sure the point of "repinning" if they can be deleted by someone else.
I've been on for almost two years now and haven't seen any posts be deleted :( That's too bad you had so many wiped out at once! The best way to go about it is to go to the actual source and pin it directly from there. I try to use that path as much as possible because I've repined only to find it was a repin of a dead link or just a picture and no information and I'm left frustrated.

I am also new to the "pinning" world, I just got my e-mail notification asking me to join after I sent a request about a week ago. Looking forward to getting back into some fun crafts this winter by using all of the ideas I have previously seen on there. Good luck, and happy "Pinning" :)

I have the Pinterest App on my iPhone. I have become addicted to it. But it seems the only thing I can do is repin. Is the only way to pin something myself is to use my desktop? I had to install a "pin it" button on my toolbar on Explorer, but there is no way to pin anything from my phone, correct?

Thanks!:goodvibes

This applies to the standard version, not the mobile version someone asked about:

As it has been stated here already, if you pin from the original source, you will not have a problem with pins disappearing. Plus, it is like giving proper credit; someone came up with that idea/craft/recipe/etc. When you use someone's photos in a report, you should give them credit, and it's the same on Pinterest. So, if you find an image you want to "repin", click on it, and when it opens as a larger image, you should see the source address on the upper right side of the image. It is a clickable link. Just click and go to the original source; THEN use your "Pin It" button to add it to your own board.

Hope this helps. I'm addicted to Pinterest, and find new stuff everyday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter