Ohana, potatoes are back??

I see that Breakfast was updated too. Does anyone know what is different? I do see that it says Orange juice. i know when we went last sept., It was not OJ, It was same kind of juice blend
Thanks!

Man, those must be some potatoes! I hope they are there because I can't wait to try them in September!

I am so happy to hear this. We last ate there in December, had the potatoes. I heard they changed to noodles since then and I was so sad.
Happy to hear the are BACK!!!!!!! Just hope they will be on the menu in January!

Just added a dinner at Ohana for our Aug trip after hearing this news! Got 9:45pm on a Saturday, but we'll see Wishes because its at 10, so that's awesome!

I just got off the phone with Disney Dinning Line and ask the CM to check if the maui scalloped potatoes are back, she asked me what date was my dinner ressie and I told her I had 2 one for Sept 5th & Sept 9th she checked and confirmed that they are on the menu! Thought you guys would want to know that! I will call later on tonight and ask again, I am just like that I always like to ask the same questuion to different people! Consistency always helps me feel better!:)

So when we go the 12th of Sept they will be there?

WHOO HOO!

Hi, I don't have an ADR for Ohana this trip but do have one for Kona,so I will check out if the potatoes are BACK?? They were my DS FAVORITE!! :thumbsup2 We leave Friday for WDW and will be at Kona on Sunday! :dance3: Joan

DH will be excited by this....I fear I am going to miss those chips that they replaced with bread though. :confused3

Woo hoo- First they brought back the big grilled shrimps and now the potatoes - I hope they keep it this way till next summer when I go back.

I have resis for dec and I am glad they took those noodles off the menu! yuck! I went a few months ago and tried them for the first time and they were cold and bland....eewww I am not a big fan of the potatos either but it is better than the noodles....

we ate at ohana july 4 and they had the noodles, first time for me and i liked them way better than those potatoes. too salty for me. noodles were really good.

I was hoping to try the noodles, although the potatoes were really good when I had them in '05. I also love the bread pudding and don't want the pineapple at all. We have an ADR for dinner in Nov.

We ate at 'Ohana last week and they still had the noodles.:confused3 I like the potatoes so much better than the noodles and if they are coming back, I will be very happy!:goodvibes

On the dining reviews, all I kept hearing about were the potatoes. We were there June 19th and there were no potatoes. I even asked for them, but no. They did have the noodles. I tried them, but they had TOOOOOOOO much pepper for me. I am sure I would have LOVED the potatoes!:goodvibes

I keep saying this...take the menues with a grain of salt(pun intended)

We found many of the menues out of date (or just plain wrong), whatever you want to call it. Just because a menu says Potatoes doesn't mean it's there...you can hope, but that's all. Cuz we found even the menues that claimed to be updated within a month or two of our trip were wrong. For example, the Cali Grill menu on AllEars net says it was updated 4/08...we went in 5/08 and I can tell you several items on the posteed menu were not on the menues we saw. A couple of the fish dishes on the main entrees list were completely different, as were 2 of the desserts. You'd think a 4/08 menu would be current just a month later, but there you go...

I will be curious to see which is served in September...we're eating 'Ohana for the first time, so have not experience with either the potatoes or the noodles. I do know I've been watching all the recent reviews for the restaurants on our ADR list...every recent review of 'Ohana I've seen has referred to noodles, not potatoes. (reviews from May, June & early July-right on the AllEars page with the menu...click on the "reviews" line near the top. There's even a review from July 7 which talks about the noodles.)

Am I the only person on the planet that hates the potatoes? When we had them a couple of years ago, they were a disgusting mess of greasy, cold, slimy mush. :sick:

We had the noodles in May and thought they were fantastic. They were flavorful, bright, and tasty. My girls couldn't get enough of them and they fit so much better for the theme.

Am I the only person on the planet that hates the potatoes? When we had them a couple of years ago, they were a disgusting mess of greasy, cold, slimy mush. :sick:

I'm sure your not alone. I think if I was served cold, slimy, mushy potatoes I would have no affinity towards them either. We've been lucky and had hot, cheezy goodness each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter