Ohana, potatoes are back??

Glad the potatoes are back! The noodles were not too enticing for me. :thumbsup2

I'm so happy to hear this! We ate at Ohana last December and LOVED the potatoes. I wasn't going to make a ressie there for our upcoming trip (figured we'd try new things this time), but my DH talked me into it. So glad he did!

We went the end of March and loved the noodles, I made the potatoes for Xmas (found the recipe on this site) and they were very good but way too rich to eat with all the other yummy stuff at Ohana.

I will miss the noodles

Has anyone eaten there very recently...we found in May 2008 that the menues posted on Allears (and other sites) were not correct for many restaurants. Even menues that listed very recent "updated..." dates. Better to take the posted menues as a suggestion of the types of food that may be available...

Those potatoes were one of the best foods-ever. I couldn't believe that 'Ohana was going to sub them for noodles or rice or something until I read the changes. I hope many people complained and asked for the potatoes back. Yeah potatoes!

Our stay at WDW begins on saturday and I have ADR for Ohana for sunday dinner. I really hope the potatoes are there then and will definitely let everyone know. Ive never eaten here and the potatoes were on the menu when I first made my ADR but then they swithched to noodles. I'm glad theyre back on and also glad I didnt change my ADR.

I wouldn't go around and start changing plans and ADRs just because the menu says it is updated and shows the potatoes. Wait until someone comes back from a recent trip and lets us know (as a pp said, as of the 4th it was still noodles).

I can't wait. I have an ADR for Monday night the 21st so i'lllet you guys know when i come back if its not yet confirmed by anyone else

I wouldn't go around and start changing plans and ADRs just because the menu says it is updated and shows the potatoes. Wait until someone comes back from a recent trip and lets us know (as a pp said, as of the 4th it was still noodles).
I would wait to. I'll be eating at Ohana either way, but I wouldn't change anything based on a rumor. I love Deb's site, but her menus are not always correct. Her Akershus menu was also updated, but had nothing about the picture package being included or the price raise.

I just got off the phone with Disney Dinning Line and ask the CM to check if the maui scalloped potatoes are back, she asked me what date was my dinner ressie and I told her I had 2 one for Sept 5th & Sept 9th she checked and confirmed that they are on the menu! Thought you guys would want to know that! I will call later on tonight and ask again, I am just like that I always like to ask the same questuion to different people! Consistency always helps me feel better!:) Maybe if we can get a couple of more people to find out by calling they can report back to the board the number is
1-407-939-3463
:hippie:

I have my wedding reception booked there and having the potatoes back would just make our wedding dinner SO much more magical!! :wizard:

Can somebody call 'Ohana directly?? I think that would be the best source of the information!! I would but I'm at work!! I need to know! AHHHH! I'm gonna scream!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I love udon noodles (mostly in soup), and was looking forward to trying them in Sept. Not going to switch my ADR because of this, cause they still have the wings! Could someone refresh my memory about the potatoes? Were they like home fries?

I love udon noodles (mostly in soup), and was looking forward to trying them in Sept. Not going to switch my ADR because of this, cause they still have the wings! Could someone refresh my memory about the potatoes? Were they like home fries?

They were cheesy scalloped potato love!!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter