Oh the places We Go, The People We see

Love the pics! I can't wait until LM comes out on DVD in October. I've always seemed to miss the releases!

Yes, they do look like fries! Where's the ketchup?

Just curious - how many autograph books has Claire filled with signatures from Disney so far? Do you think you have all autographs at least once yet? I was in front of a couple once that had been at the parks for 3 weeks straight - and they had a school age kid with them. It would have been March. They were on their 3rd book, and were trying hard to find Jiminy Cricket. They said he was among the hardest...

I couldn't imagine being away from home for that long, the $$ spent, nor working so hard just for Disney autographs! :rotfl2: I like Disney, but not that much!

You know me.... I always like to see the princess photos. :goodvibes

Glad the line was short, but that does stink that Rapunzel wasn't there.

That Big Blue pool looks fun, you got some nice pics of the area.

Great pics with the Cindy and Aurora.

Hi all. I will come back later to do responses.
I am actually bringing this TR to a hault right now for a little bit.
Sunday morning at 4:30 AM we recieved a phone call. Typically late night calls means cows got out and Skip has to go out and round them up. I only wish that was the call. The phone was for me and it was a local hospital.
My oldest daughter Paige was in a car accident. That is just an awful call to get, and they give you next to NO info at all on the phone. I kept asking and they just said she was stable. What kind of answer is that? They also couldn't get a hold of her Dad and asked me to keep trying as well.
Of course the hospital she went to is one that is not very close at all. A good one, but not convenient to get to and I honestly was not even sure how to get there as it has been 20 years since I last went there.
On the way I called Paiges dad and he did end up getting the call too. We both arrived at the same time, we ended up finding each other on the road and made our way to the hospital.
When we got to the ER they said she was being moved to a room and admitted.
Still no info really, only that she was a passenger and was ejected from the vehicle and she looked darn good for someone thrown from a truck.
We finally got to see her. She remembers nothing of the accident, which is good and said there were 4 of them. The ER people told us 3 were taken to different hospitals.
She was with her friend Ashley for the night and they met up with 2 guy friends and decided to go out after the bar closed. The driver is a fun guy and she said she never really knew if he was drunk or if he had been drinking because he acted like normal. They took off and he started driving crazy, not drunk crazy, but being stupid and we think he lost control of the truck and flipped it.
Through out the day we found out that Ashley was the only one with a seatbelt on and that she is the 1 who called 911. She said she was the only passgenger left and the other 3 were missing. The police told us they had to seach for the other 3 in a bean field. Ithis really hurts my heart to know she was laying in a field and people had to search for her) The driver had died and Paige and the other boy, Aaron were life flighted to 2 Toledo hospitals. Ashley was taken to the small town hospital near by and from what I understand she has racing heart issues, but was released later in the day.
From what it sounds, Aaron was in really bad shape and he is lucky to be alive. We have heard he had major head trauma, but he is stable now, which the police were amazed to hear.
Paige faired very well for such a horrific accident. She has fractured ribs, partial collasped lung, a torn spleen and some scrapes and bruises. Amazingly not one scratch on her face. She also has neck pain and though no broken bnones (which again is amazing) they are keeping her in a neck brace.
She will be in the hospital for several days as they are monitoring the spleen and if it heals she will get to come home by the weekend most likely. If not they will take it out. They sound hopeful.
Basically the police told us they were amazed to find anyone alive that was thrown and that Paige looked really good.
God was really watching over Paige. There is no other way to see it. She is lucky to be alive and I am lucky she is. This could've been so much worse than it already is.
I do ask for prayers for Paige, the other 2 surviving passengers and for the boys family who died. It's going to be a long road for all of them. And remember how precious life is!!!!

You already know I'm praying for Paige, her friends, and you. Continued hopes for a quick and full recovery.

:hug:

Will keep your daughter and your family in my thoughts as well as the rest of the kids and their families.

Wow, what a horrifying call and accident. P&PD to all involved.

Jill in CO

Oh Jen, how terrible! Thank God Paige is going to be o.k. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Paige and your family.

Jen, I will definitely keep Paige and her friends and their families (and your's) in my prayers. It sounds as if God was truly watching over her as the crash sounds really bad. Please keep us updated when you can.

I am so sorry for what happened! This is awful. I will be praying for your daughter and her friends and their families.

Love all the Princess photopass pictures.

More importantly, I am sending you a huge :hug: and many prayers for Pagie and everyone else involved in the accident. I am so sorry to hear all of this, but am happy that Paige is going to be alright.

Jen, Paige and the other young people are in my thoughts and prayers. What a horrible call to wake up to. I am jut glad that she is going to be OK.

Corinna

What a bad phone call to get. I'm so glad Paige will be alright. It's so sad one of the kids died, but so lucky none of the others did. Take the time you need this TR can wait, all of us here understand.

Oh Jen. ' I know G-d was watching over Paige, as I have been in a similar situation. She will most definitely be in my prayers!!! Hugs to you too!!!

I'm so sorry. You have my prayers for your daughter and the other victims of this horrible accident. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter