Oh the places We Go, The People We see

You already know I'm praying for Paige, her friends, and you. Continued hopes for a quick and full recovery.

:hug:

Thanks so much Carey

Omg!!!! I'm so sorry to read about this. I will keep all involved in my prayers!!

Thanks!

Will keep your daughter and your family in my thoughts as well as the rest of the kids and their families.

Thank you so much

Wow, what a horrifying call and accident. P&PD to all involved.

Jill in CO

It's been a long week, but she is doing well and we are happy she is OK.

Love and prayers!!

Thanks

Oh Jen, how terrible! Thank God Paige is going to be o.k. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Paige and your family.

Thanks. it's been a long week.

Jen, I will definitely keep Paige and her friends and their families (and your's) in my prayers. It sounds as if God was truly watching over her as the crash sounds really bad. Please keep us updated when you can.

Thanks so much. God definitely was watching over her.

I am so sorry for what happened! This is awful. I will be praying for your daughter and her friends and their families.

Thanks

Love all the Princess photopass pictures.

More importantly, I am sending you a huge :hug: and many prayers for Pagie and everyone else involved in the accident. I am so sorry to hear all of this, but am happy that Paige is going to be alright.

I hope you are having a fabulous trip.
We are so happy she is doing better.

Jen, Paige and the other young people are in my thoughts and prayers. What a horrible call to wake up to. I am jut glad that she is going to be OK.

Corinna

Thanks!

What a bad phone call to get. I'm so glad Paige will be alright. It's so sad one of the kids died, but so lucky none of the others did. Take the time you need this TR can wait, all of us here understand.

It's an awful call, but I am happy she is OK now.

Jen, I will keep Paige and her friends in my prayers. Glad to hear that in the long run, Paige will be ok.

Thanks so much.

Oh Jen. ' I know G-d was watching over Paige, as I have been in a similar situation. She will most definitely be in my prayers!!! Hugs to you too!!!

Thanks. yes, we are so lucky!

I'm so sorry. You have my prayers for your daughter and the other victims of this horrible accident. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Thanks. She is doing really well.

I'm so sorry, Jen. I'm sending prayer to your daughter and her friends and families.

Thank you so much.

Sorry Jen, How horrible!! That is a phone call every parent fears....

Prayers for Paige and the others and their families during this difficult time.

It's a horrible call and I hope no one else ever has to go through this.

Sending prayers and thinking of you Jen!! Hoping for a speedy recovery for Paige so you can get her home and healed!

Thanks so much

Oh Jen, a Mother's worst nightmare :(
I feel so sorry for the family of the driver.
Definitely thinking of you all :grouphug:

It sure it.
Thanks

Thanks

OMG Jen. That sounds like a horrible accident. I am reading from my phone and can't see well w/o my glasses so I need to read the details better. So glad that Paige is stable and Ashley is good. I have to retread about the other details. Thoughts and prayers with you and everyone's families.

It was awful. I went to see the site where it happened today. You can see his tire tracks right up to the field so he must have not flipped till they hit the beans.
Aaron is sounding like he should recover, but it will be slow.

I am glad to hear the girls are doing better, and continue to pray for them, the young man in the hospital and the young man that lost his life. (((Hugs)))

thanks kathy.

Oh my gosh Jen! My thoughts and prayers are with your family and Paige and her friends right now! She really did have an angel on her shoulder at the time. I know it is none of my business, but when I had my accident in 06 I had severe PTSD as a result, I would have panic attacks while driving. I ended up seeing a therapist after and it really made a world of a difference in my anxiety while driving. So it may help to look into this. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

We have talked about this too. I told her that her and Ashley should get some sort of counseling. I know Paige will need and and Ashley remembers everything, so she for sure needs it.

I am praying

thanks

OMG Jen, that sounds horrible! I am so glad that Paige will be ok. Hopefully she will be able to come home soon. I am definitely praying for her and her friends.

It's been a long week, but she did come home now.

:grouphug:

Thoughts and prayers to you and all the families!

Thanks

My eyes just filled with tears reading that. This is so, so horrible. I'm very glad that Paige is getting out of it relatively unharmed. I was already a big believer in always wearing a seat belt, but this just reinforced it. Thinking of you and Paige.

I've had lots of tears this past week.

So sad about what happened. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope she gets better and gets to go home soon.

Thanks. She is doing very good now.

Jen - I just read your entire update on Paige. Again I want to say how sorry I am that you are going through this and I pray Paige makes a speedy recovery. Broken ribs and a chest tube for a collapsed lung are very painful. Broken ribs hurt for a long time.

I hope that you will continue to update us. I am very sorry for the tragic loss of life in this accident. What you described is literally my worse fear and the reason I never turn off my cell phone at night.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the other families at this difficult time.

We were lucky and she didn't need the chest tube. They said the lung will heal on its own.
Yep, I will keep mine next to me always now.

How terrifying....every parents nightmare.

yes it is.

Jen I am so sorry to hear about the accident! I'm crying while I'm reading this. I'm glad Paige doesn't have to have surgery and that they think she might come home this weekend. Paige definitely has my prayers. I will pray for Aaron too.:hug:

Thanks! it's been a rough week, but it could've been so much worse. it sounds like Aaron is making progress.

I know I have never posted on your TR before but I have been reading it and just had to post to add that I will keep your daughter and her friends in my prayers. Also all the families that were effected by that crash.

Thanks for reading along and for the prayers. We will take every one we can get.

You and your family are in my prayers. I can't even imagine how scary and sad it is for your daughter to go through. No matter how much they grow up, they are always our babies. :grouphug:

Thanks so much. And yes, she is still my baby.

Nice pool pics.
The Raifiki pic is funny.

I am so sorry to hear about the accident. That is so sad.
Will be thinking of you all.

Thanks
Thanks for your thoughts too!

Paige was allowed to get up out of bed on Thursday. She was in so much pain that I thought for sure it would be at least Sat. before they released her, but by Friday she had really improved and was released. She was so happy to get out of there. She is doing very good. Still sore, but moving more and even without the aide of the walker half the time.
She is now bored out of her mind and antsy. Tomorrow we are going to go and get her plates for her new car she bought about a month ago. This is her exciting outing and she can't wait. Her friend said she would pick her up today to take her for lunch, but I said I will drive here there and Claire and I will sit at a different table. Yes I am over protective Mom right now.! ;)

Ashley had to go back to the hospital this week and they found she had a concussion. She was felling dizzy and sick all the time. I am not sure what they did for her, but Paige said she has a slew of medications she is taking now.

Aaron was downgraded out of Neuro ICU, which is such a good thing. We have heard he remembers nothing of the night or accident and thinks he is there from another accident he had last winter. He knows nothing about Nate dying at this point. Paige and Ashley have decided on waiting to visit him since he doesn't remember and they don't want to be the ones to trigger any memories.

Paige thinks she might be having some small flashbacks to the accident. She says she is dreaming of it being dark and hearing radios going off. It might be a memory or it might be just something her mind has made up after us talking about how the night went.

I went to the accident site yesterday. You can see light tire marks coming from off the side of the road and then across to the bean field. The truck must've really bounced because the beans are hardly damaged at all. It looks like the tops of some of them of broke off and only a few spots where it might've touched ground before going airborn again. I could also see the tow truck tracks. The truck did land quite a ways away from where it entered the field.
I saw some orange spray paint marks and I am not sure if that marks where each person was, or some other important thing. Amazingly, I only saw a small amount of glass in there too, but I didn't walk all the way around. I just wanted to see it and kind of get an idea what happened.

We are happy to have her home and to get back to a semi normal life. I also think God must've pushed me over the past weeks, because I did a lot of work that didn't need to be done then, but I wanted to be ahead, since I had so much going on this month. Thank God I did, because I can't imagine concentrating on it completely over the past week or even the next. I just have to tweak stuff now and thats not hard at all.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Paige was allowed to get up out of bed on Thursday. She was in so much pain that I thought for sure it would be at least Sat. before they released her, but by Friday she had really improved and was released. She was so happy to get out of there. She is doing very good. Still sore, but moving more and even without the aide of the walker half the time.
She is now bored out of her mind and antsy. Tomorrow we are going to go and get her plates for her new car she bought about a month ago. This is her exciting outing and she can't wait. Her friend said she would pick her up today to take her for lunch, but I said I will drive here there and Claire and I will sit at a different table. Yes I am over protective Mom right now.! ;)

Ashley had to go back to the hospital this week and they found she had a concussion. She was felling dizzy and sick all the time. I am not sure what they did for her, but Paige said she has a slew of medications she is taking now.

Aaron was downgraded out of Neuro ICU, which is such a good thing. We have heard he remembers nothing of the night or accident and thinks he is there from another accident he had last winter. He knows nothing about Nate dying at this point. Paige and Ashley have decided on waiting to visit him since he doesn't remember and they don't want to be the ones to trigger any memories.

Paige thinks she might be having some small flashbacks to the accident. She says she is dreaming of it being dark and hearing radios going off. It might be a memory or it might be just something her mind has made up after us talking about how the night went.

I went to the accident site yesterday. You can see light tire marks coming from off the side of the road and then across to the bean field. The truck must've really bounced because the beans are hardly damaged at all. It looks like the tops of some of them of broke off and only a few spots where it might've touched ground before going airborn again. I could also see the tow truck tracks. The truck did land quite a ways away from where it entered the field.
I saw some orange spray paint marks and I am not sure if that marks where each person was, or some other important thing. Amazingly, I only saw a small amount of glass in there too, but I didn't walk all the way around. I just wanted to see it and kind of get an idea what happened.

We are happy to have her home and to get back to a semi normal life. I also think God must've pushed me over the past weeks, because I did a lot of work that didn't need to be done then, but I wanted to be ahead, since I had so much going on this month. Thank God I did, because I can't imagine concentrating on it completely over the past week or even the next. I just have to tweak stuff now and thats not hard at all.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the update I will keep praying

Thanks for the update. I am glad that Paige is out of hospital and well enough to venture on little excursions.

Corinna

Glad to hear Paige is improving. They all have a long road ahead of them yet! Continued good thoughts your way! :flower3:

I'm so glad Paige is doing so much better. I understand what you mean about being overprotective I would want to lock her in the house! I hope Aaron continues to get better too.

I'm so glad Paige is doing so much better. I understand what you mean about being overprotective I would want to lock her in the house! I hope Aaron continues to get better too.

Yeah, it's hard to do when your daughter is 21, but so far I am keeping tabs on her as much as I can. She mentioned her brother picking her up this week to take her somewhere...he just turned 16 in June and is a new driver....thats scares the heck out of me.

Glad to hear Paige is improving. They all have a long road ahead of them yet! Continued good thoughts your way! :flower3:

Thanks. Yes, I think she will have to deal with emotions down the road too. Last night she was talking in her sleep and I think she was having nightmares. She doesn't remember what it was about, but my guess is it was the accident.

Jen,

First I wanted to say that I had fallen a bit behind in your TR with RL and such, but I wanted to say that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that Paige is doing better, as a parent that is obvioulsy one phone call we hope to never receive. We went through that last year when our oldest son came home screaming "Mom you have to come Luke has cut himself"... Thankfully my wife was home (pediatric RN) as I wouldn't have been able to do it, but the boys were at a neighbor's messing around in their garage and he got "curious" with a filet knife and the story we get from the boys (true or not, its the only story) is that he picked it up and it fell out of the case and he tried to catch it. He cut 3 of his fingers pretty badly, but my wife acted quickly enough and after a long surgery you could never know it had happened. Sorry for that side story, but I definitely know a little how you must have felt and I'm glad that Paige and you guys are doing better.

Hopefully when you get back to it, reflecting on your TR will help bring that smile back... :)

Take Care,
Mark :grouphug:

I was quite a way behind with your TR and only just catching up today but i wanted to stop by and say that I was sorry to hear about how much your family has just been through, and pleased to see that Paige seems to be recovering well.

Jen,

First I wanted to say that I had fallen a bit behind in your TR with RL and such, but I wanted to say that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that Paige is doing better, as a parent that is obvioulsy one phone call we hope to never receive. We went through that last year when our oldest son came home screaming "Mom you have to come Luke has cut himself"... Thankfully my wife was home (pediatric RN) as I wouldn't have been able to do it, but the boys were at a neighbor's messing around in their garage and he got "curious" with a filet knife and the story we get from the boys (true or not, its the only story) is that he picked it up and it fell out of the case and he tried to catch it. He cut 3 of his fingers pretty badly, but my wife acted quickly enough and after a long surgery you could never know it had happened. Sorry for that side story, but I definitely know a little how you must have felt and I'm glad that Paige and you guys are doing better.

Hopefully when you get back to it, reflecting on your TR will help bring that smile back... :)

Take Care,
Mark :grouphug:

That would've been so scary. I don't know how I would've handled that either.
Thanks so much for yout thoughts.

I was quite a way behind with your TR and only just catching up today but i wanted to stop by and say that I was sorry to hear about how much your family has just been through, and pleased to see that Paige seems to be recovering well.

Thanks so much. It's been a rough month.

So sorry to hear bout the accident. Glad Paige is ok and hope she heals fast. Hope her other friends will be ok as well. Thinking of you :grouphug:

Thanks for the update on Paige.

I hope the others continue to improve and have no setbacks.

Paige may not act like it but I am sure she appreciates you being close. It makes her feel safe.

Thoughts and Prayers for you both. :hug: :flower3:

Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about her in the middle of all of my own stuff. How quickly God reminds us of his grace, huh? :littleangel:

I've been keeping up with Paige's progress on Facebook but those are always short. It's good to hear that she's getting better. I'll continue to pray for a full recovery for her and her friends. Hopefully, she doesn't have nightmares about the accident. I'm of the mind that it will be better if she doesn't remember every single detail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter