• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Great updates! I just caught up with a bunch of them.

My Animation Academy drawings are always the worst! And whenever we go there suddenly my whole family goes into DaVinci mode and makes all of these great drawings and there I am with a lopsided Winnie the Pooh. :artist:
I'm part of the population that loves the red velvet cupcake. mmmm, it's so good, but then again I love toffee, so I can see how you wouldn't like that part of it. but the ones from Contempo are so so good! I had the Dulce de Leche last summer and it was delicious!
I've never seen that soda machine before! Very cool, I never usually notice things like that! :thumbsup2

and ahh, the easy listening grocery store songs. From working at one I think I know all the words to every John Mayer and Creed song ever recorded. But being able to sing along to Disney songs all day would be much, much better!

I have never done the Animation Academy, either. :confused3 But then again, Alex and I are the two worst artists ever, so I think I just want to avoid the humiliation. :lmao: I think yours turned out pretty good, though! Especially the ears; I always have a hard time drawing the ears on Mickey heads.

Hmm, that's a tough trivia question. My first guess would have been Donald, but I saw someone else guessed that and it was no. I don't think it'd be Minnie, so I'm going to go with Goofy, even though I don't see it at all. I mean, Goofy doesn't fit the part, but the way the guy worded it made it seem like the initial choice was from the fab 5. Maybe not.

I'm thinking way too hard on this. :rotfl2:

I'm not a huge fan of toffee, either, so I can see how the red velvet cupcake would lose a bit of its appeal. But I just have to say, I had the marble cupcake last May, and it was so-So, so maybe Jacob didn't miss out on much. :confused3

Your photos of the gate and soda machines reminded me of how fun it is to notice all the little Disney touches as you leave the park. :lovestruc

I just love the drawing class !! This is my element !! The kids always get discouraged and give up. And I really wish they would try harder. I agree that having an eraser up your sleeve wouldn't hurt anything ....

It's so much fun isn't it? ::yes:: Aw, that stinks. I was actually really proud of Jacob because he followed the directions really well! Hahha maybe next time I'll bring one. ;)

Okay, when I tweeted to you last night, I was half way through, just caught up and now I have the Muppet Babies theme song stuck in my head!! hahahaha!!! Loved that show...

The Contemporary looks amazing!! Thanks for all the pics! LOVE that you can see Magic Kingdom so well from your room. That would make for an awesome trip.

We ate at Le Cellier for the first time in August and I totally agree with your review. It was sooo goood. Not sure if we will eat there again next year, but I will miss it if we don't. Delish.

I think I ate six different cupcakes when we were there, but I will have to try the ones at the Contemporary. Oddly enough, one of the best ones I had was a Cappucino cupcake at Pizza Planet at DHS!! They were sold out of Butterfinger cupcakes at Starring Rolls, so we did have the red Velvet. It was good.

Can't wait to read more! :)

I'm glad you're all caught up! Hahaha YES! That song is fantastic, as was the show!

Oh my gosh, it was more amazing than words can describe! It's perfect. It honestly felt like we were right there in Magic Kingdom! I don't think it could be any more amazing... ever!

It was delicious, that's for sure! I agree, I feel like I'd be much more inclined to go back there if they were keeping it as a 1-credit place. It's a shame because I could go for some pretzel bread pretty much any time!

SIX?! That's AMAZING. Which ones did you have besides the one from Pizza Planet and the Starring Rolls Red Velvet? Speaking of the one from Pizza Planet, that sounds delicious! I LOVE coffee and mocha and stuff like that, so it sounds like that cupcake would be perfect for me haha. I might have to go back to Pizza Planet on my next trip! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad that you joined in and that you're all caught up! I really appreciate it. I'll be updating again before the weekend is over! :goodvibes

Great updates! I just caught up with a bunch of them.

My Animation Academy drawings are always the worst! And whenever we go there suddenly my whole family goes into DaVinci mode and makes all of these great drawings and there I am with a lopsided Winnie the Pooh. :artist:
I'm part of the population that loves the red velvet cupcake. mmmm, it's so good, but then again I love toffee, so I can see how you wouldn't like that part of it. but the ones from Contempo are so so good! I had the Dulce de Leche last summer and it was delicious!
I've never seen that soda machine before! Very cool, I never usually notice things like that! :thumbsup2

and ahh, the easy listening grocery store songs. From working at one I think I know all the words to every John Mayer and Creed song ever recorded. But being able to sing along to Disney songs all day would be much, much better!

Thank you! Oh yay, awesome!

Hahah I'm sure they're not that bad! HAHAHA, DaVinci mode. That's hilarious. :lmao:

The Red Velvet was delicious! I really did enjoy it! I just think I personally would prefer it without the toffee, but hey, now I know! Oh man, I don't think they even have the dulce de leche anymore! That's the only bad thing about the Contempo cupcakes... they rotate them out way too often! :(

You should look for it next time! This particular soda machine was near the bus stops. I love how even standard stuff like soda machines are themed like the parks. It's just too perfect.

Haha ah, grocery store radio. :faint: Good times.

I have never done the Animation Academy, either. :confused3 But then again, Alex and I are the two worst artists ever, so I think I just want to avoid the humiliation. :lmao: I think yours turned out pretty good, though! Especially the ears; I always have a hard time drawing the ears on Mickey heads.

Hmm, that's a tough trivia question. My first guess would have been Donald, but I saw someone else guessed that and it was no. I don't think it'd be Minnie, so I'm going to go with Goofy, even though I don't see it at all. I mean, Goofy doesn't fit the part, but the way the guy worded it made it seem like the initial choice was from the fab 5. Maybe not.

I'm thinking way too hard on this. :rotfl2:

I'm not a huge fan of toffee, either, so I can see how the red velvet cupcake would lose a bit of its appeal. But I just have to say, I had the marble cupcake last May, and it was so-So, so maybe Jacob didn't miss out on much. :confused3

Your photos of the gate and soda machines reminded me of how fun it is to notice all the little Disney touches as you leave the park. :lovestruc

Yall should give it a try! I promise, it isn't embarrassing! You don't have to do a show and tell at the end of class, or anything. :laughing:

Aw, well thanks! I tried my best, haaha.

My first guess was Donald too! It wasn't Goofy or Minnie either! Seriously, everyone was guessing and every time the guy would say, "No, not Goofy." Or, "No, not Minnie." I was just like, WELL THEN WHO IS IT?!?! :lmao:

It was really good, REALLY good, but yeah, I preferred the Contempo one for that reason. :thumbsup2 Oh really? Well hm... maybe it's a good thing then! Although I'm sure he would have been happy with anything, really. The boy loves to eat. :rotfl:

Yeah! I love finding all the little details everywhere. It's way too much fun!

I LOVE the Buzz & Woody meet and greet so much! It is so classic and perfect. I always have the best experiences there! Be sure to check before you get in line though, it's not always BOTH of them! Isn't it fun how the pictures look like you are on Andy's bed? :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, the CM's looked at you funny for singing along with the Muppets?! Look, I work in a Disney Store and I know it can get a tad annoying to hear the same loop over and over and over and over for days, weeks, months in a row. But we still sing along and have fun with it and LOVE when guests sing along. That is crazy to me. Silly Muppets CM's.

I think Gertie is in Hollywood Studios because she was the first cartoon ever in existence. Or something. It's like an ode to animation. (I'm sure someone else has noted this, I'm way behind.) Personally, I would rather an ode to Oswald because it's Walt's original but whatever...

I am so unbelievably excited for Wreck-It Ralph. It's not even natural how excited I am. I cannot contain myself. I see that trailer while working multiple times a shift, multiple shifts a week and that is one I NEVER get sick of. OMG. And don't even get me started on Monsters University! I LOVE THOSE MONSTERS SO MUCH! I put Sulley down as my favorite character!

Oh man. I loved how you told Frozone you thought he'd be cooler. I love that. I really need you to be around in my real life because I always make comments like that and sometimes I get a pity laugh, but usually not even that, so I think you and I could laugh at each other's hilarity. A prime example would be last night. I play in a competitive co-ed flag football league. We were watching some other teams play. This guy made an amazing catch and snuck into the end zone. On the back of his jersey, he had his name as "Coyote" (mine says "Princess", if you were wondering). Anywho, everyone was impressed by how he literally snuck into the end zone and I was like "Wow, he sure is...WILEY!!!" And then it all got quiet and only one guy laughed but he was only laughing at how no one else laughed. WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE?! (Or maybe I'm just not as funny as I think. :confused3)

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE Starring Rolls with all my heart. I loved it before I went there because of the name. That one I did surprisingly get. Lol but isn't it funny when something finally clicks?! I'll be honest with you, it almost took me as long as it took Phoebe to get the Central Perk thing. Or maybe Phoebe getting it is when I finally got it. It's been so long I can't remember! But I do remember one day I was like "OMG...I JUST GOT CENTRAL PERK!!" :rotfl:

Since you haven't revealed who Walt wanted to be the apprentice, I'm going to guess...someone from Snow White because I feel like Disney likes connecting it's movies to it's old movies and that was the original. But who? I have no idea? For all I know it could be one of the hippos or alligators or something! :rotfl:

Huh I thought I replied to this update, but I guess not!

I LOVE the Animation Academy! I love that you can meet characters and take a drawing class, it's so cool! I think your drawing of Mickey is adorable, I'm the worst draw-er in the world, so whenever I take this class I get nervous, but they make the instructions pretty simple! :thumbsup2

Aww, love your pics with the characters! I've never seen the Incredibles either...maybe someday!

Yum, Starring Rolls! I'm sorry they didn't have the Marble cupcake, I think a carrot cake cupcake sounds really good though! And I love the toffee on the red velvet, but I can see how it could be annoying if you're not a toffee fan! There is a lot of it on there! You are making the cupcakes from the Contemporary sounds SO good, I want to go there and get one! :rotfl2:

I LOVE the Buzz & Woody meet and greet so much! It is so classic and perfect. I always have the best experiences there! Be sure to check before you get in line though, it's not always BOTH of them! Isn't it fun how the pictures look like you are on Andy's bed? :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, the CM's looked at you funny for singing along with the Muppets?! Look, I work in a Disney Store and I know it can get a tad annoying to hear the same loop over and over and over and over for days, weeks, months in a row. But we still sing along and have fun with it and LOVE when guests sing along. That is crazy to me. Silly Muppets CM's.

I think Gertie is in Hollywood Studios because she was the first cartoon ever in existence. Or something. It's like an ode to animation. (I'm sure someone else has noted this, I'm way behind.) Personally, I would rather an ode to Oswald because it's Walt's original but whatever...

I am so unbelievably excited for Wreck-It Ralph. It's not even natural how excited I am. I cannot contain myself. I see that trailer while working multiple times a shift, multiple shifts a week and that is one I NEVER get sick of. OMG. And don't even get me started on Monsters University! I LOVE THOSE MONSTERS SO MUCH! I put Sulley down as my favorite character!

Oh man. I loved how you told Frozone you thought he'd be cooler. I love that. I really need you to be around in my real life because I always make comments like that and sometimes I get a pity laugh, but usually not even that, so I think you and I could laugh at each other's hilarity. A prime example would be last night. I play in a competitive co-ed flag football league. We were watching some other teams play. This guy made an amazing catch and snuck into the end zone. On the back of his jersey, he had his name as "Coyote" (mine says "Princess", if you were wondering). Anywho, everyone was impressed by how he literally snuck into the end zone and I was like "Wow, he sure is...WILEY!!!" And then it all got quiet and only one guy laughed but he was only laughing at how no one else laughed. WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE?! (Or maybe I'm just not as funny as I think. :confused3)

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE Starring Rolls with all my heart. I loved it before I went there because of the name. That one I did surprisingly get. Lol but isn't it funny when something finally clicks?! I'll be honest with you, it almost took me as long as it took Phoebe to get the Central Perk thing. Or maybe Phoebe getting it is when I finally got it. It's been so long I can't remember! But I do remember one day I was like "OMG...I JUST GOT CENTRAL PERK!!" :rotfl:

Since you haven't revealed who Walt wanted to be the apprentice, I'm going to guess...someone from Snow White because I feel like Disney likes connecting it's movies to it's old movies and that was the original. But who? I have no idea? For all I know it could be one of the hippos or alligators or something! :rotfl:

I do too! We loved it so much! Really? That's weird! Luckily since it was the beginning of the day it was both of them! I would have been kinda mad if one of them hadn't been there! YES! And I love that Hamm and Rex are there too! Ahhh my loves.

One of them did! I was like, whatever. I'm on vacation. :laughing: See, that's how I am too! If I was a Muppet CM you KNOW I'd be singing along. ALL THE TIME.

Yeah! Someone did remind me, and as soon as they did I remembered. I agree! It would be awesome if they had a tribute to Oswald somewhere. Although, he is becoming more and more popular these days (I don't really know where it came from?) so that's cool!

I'm excited too! I've never even played video games or anything but I absolutely love the concept of that movie! I think it's gonna be amazing! SPEAKING OF WHICH, did you know that he is gonna be meeting in the animation building soon?!?! I MUST MEET HIM! I'M GONNA WRECK IT!

THANK YOU! Oh my gosh, you're the first person to appreciate my joke!

I promise you I'm not just saying this... I seriously laughed for a long time at your Wiley Coyote joke. HAHAHA! That was perfect. :lmao: I don't understand people!!! How is that not funny? Maybe they don't know who that is? (Wow, that's a sad thought. Let's just not go there.)

I'm usually so good at puns and making them up but I just DID NOT get that one! It's so funny.

AHH CENTRAL PERK! Hahha I got that right away but I LOVE that too! I always thought it was too funny when Phoebe 'just got that,' because I always wondered if maybe the writers were trying to make sure that everyone got it. I don't know. AH FRIENDS.

OMG that is an amazingly good guess! Now I want you to think about that really hard. Think specifically about Sorcerer Mickey (every part of him) and then think about all the characters on Snow White... then guess again!!! :idea: :cheer2:

Huh I thought I replied to this update, but I guess not!

I LOVE the Animation Academy! I love that you can meet characters and take a drawing class, it's so cool! I think your drawing of Mickey is adorable, I'm the worst draw-er in the world, so whenever I take this class I get nervous, but they make the instructions pretty simple! :thumbsup2

Aww, love your pics with the characters! I've never seen the Incredibles either...maybe someday!

Yum, Starring Rolls! I'm sorry they didn't have the Marble cupcake, I think a carrot cake cupcake sounds really good though! And I love the toffee on the red velvet, but I can see how it could be annoying if you're not a toffee fan! There is a lot of it on there! You are making the cupcakes from the Contemporary sounds SO good, I want to go there and get one! :rotfl2:

Aw, that's okay! I'm glad you did now though!!

It's so awesome! It's honestly one of my favorite parts of Hollywood now! I've always been into art and drawing and stuff like that, so I just think it's amazing!

Thank you! I don't think my Mickey is as bad as I thought he was while I was drawing him! During the process I was just like, oh this poor guy, he doesn't even stand a chance. :laughing:

Thanks! Wait, you've never seen the Incredibles, the movie?? Or the characters in the Animation Building?? I need answers!!!

Yum! I just am not a fan of carrot cake, and neither is Jacob I guess! Hahah. He was excited about getting that marble cupcake, but at least he enjoyed his eclair! See, I didn't know if I was a fan of toffee or not, but I guess this just proves it! I don't know. I liked the cupcake though!

I'm glad, because the Contempo cupcakes are SO good! :lmao: They're seriously amazing. You really should make a visit! I bet making a stop there would get you even more excited for when you stay at BLT!

I do too! We loved it so much! Really? That's weird! Luckily since it was the beginning of the day it was both of them! I would have been kinda mad if one of them hadn't been there! YES! And I love that Hamm and Rex are there too! Ahhh my loves.

One of them did! I was like, whatever. I'm on vacation. :laughing: See, that's how I am too! If I was a Muppet CM you KNOW I'd be singing along. ALL THE TIME.

Yeah! Someone did remind me, and as soon as they did I remembered. I agree! It would be awesome if they had a tribute to Oswald somewhere. Although, he is becoming more and more popular these days (I don't really know where it came from?) so that's cool!

I'm excited too! I've never even played video games or anything but I absolutely love the concept of that movie! I think it's gonna be amazing! SPEAKING OF WHICH, did you know that he is gonna be meeting in the animation building soon?!?! I MUST MEET HIM! I'M GONNA WRECK IT!

THANK YOU! Oh my gosh, you're the first person to appreciate my joke!

I promise you I'm not just saying this... I seriously laughed for a long time at your Wiley Coyote joke. HAHAHA! That was perfect. :lmao: I don't understand people!!! How is that not funny? Maybe they don't know who that is? (Wow, that's a sad thought. Let's just not go there.)

I'm usually so good at puns and making them up but I just DID NOT get that one! It's so funny.

AHH CENTRAL PERK! Hahha I got that right away but I LOVE that too! I always thought it was too funny when Phoebe 'just got that,' because I always wondered if maybe the writers were trying to make sure that everyone got it. I don't know. AH FRIENDS.

OMG that is an amazingly good guess! Now I want you to think about that really hard. Think specifically about Sorcerer Mickey (every part of him) and then think about all the characters on Snow White... then guess again!!! :idea: :cheer2:

Yeah, I've been to "Andy's Room" (which is what that M&G is officially called, I'm 95% sure) every trip and it's definitely not always both. Sad, sad. Glad you got lucky and got both! I did my first time too!

I still don't know why they weren't singing. It rare to have a job that will allow you to sing and dance so freely on the clock, they really should take better advantage of it!

Yeah, I have no idea why Oswald is popping up all of a sudden. I don't think I've even seen Oswald merch before this year and now it's every where. Ornaments, shirts, stuffed animals. Are they pushing him? Has their been requests? Who knows? He is a cute guy though!

Yeah, I'm pretty much dying inside just knowing that Ralph is going to be in DHS and I can't meet him. They change characters so frequently, I'm sure he will be gone by the time I go. HEART WRENCHING. I am his biggest fan. Already. I actually briefly considered putting him down as my favorite character (for my name tag) even though I haven't seen his movie yet. The video game arcade situation is a very fun, creative, original setting. I do like the concept of a bad guy not wanting to be bad anymore! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I'm glad you appreciated my joke! See? This is why we need to be friends! People I know do know that Wiley Coyote, but they just didn't laugh. I'll often say things and then you hear more crickets than on a hot July night. Wah.

I'm usually so good at puns too! I think that show was just around my entire life and maybe I watched Friends before I had ever even heard of Central Park. It came out when I was 4. So maybe by the time I learned about Central Park, Central Perk was it's real own place in my mind and didn't just cross connect immediately. IDK. I'm just making excuses for my pathetic-ness now!

Hmmm...would it be Dopey? It's the sleeves and the shoes that are making me think that.

wdi_hat_dopey.jpg

Yeah, I've been to "Andy's Room" (which is what that M&G is officially called, I'm 95% sure) every trip and it's definitely not always both. Sad, sad. Glad you got lucky and got both! I did my first time too!

I still don't know why they weren't singing. It rare to have a job that will allow you to sing and dance so freely on the clock, they really should take better advantage of it!

Yeah, I have no idea why Oswald is popping up all of a sudden. I don't think I've even seen Oswald merch before this year and now it's every where. Ornaments, shirts, stuffed animals. Are they pushing him? Has their been requests? Who knows? He is a cute guy though!

Yeah, I'm pretty much dying inside just knowing that Ralph is going to be in DHS and I can't meet him. They change characters so frequently, I'm sure he will be gone by the time I go. HEART WRENCHING. I am his biggest fan. Already. I actually briefly considered putting him down as my favorite character (for my name tag) even though I haven't seen his movie yet. The video game arcade situation is a very fun, creative, original setting. I do like the concept of a bad guy not wanting to be bad anymore! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I'm glad you appreciated my joke! See? This is why we need to be friends! People I know do know that Wiley Coyote, but they just didn't laugh. I'll often say things and then you hear more crickets than on a hot July night. Wah.

I'm usually so good at puns too! I think that show was just around my entire life and maybe I watched Friends before I had ever even heard of Central Park. It came out when I was 4. So maybe by the time I learned about Central Park, Central Perk was it's real own place in my mind and didn't just cross connect immediately. IDK. I'm just making excuses for my pathetic-ness now!

Hmmm...would it be Dopey? It's the sleeves and the shoes that are making me think that.

Me too!

I totally agree. I would basically worship a job like that. Best thing ever!!!

I know. Like, I've always loved and appreciated Oswald, and now all of a sudden, Oswald mania. He just popped up. I don't know. It's not a bad thing though hahah, it's just odd to me!

No! I really think he'll still be there! Your trip is not that far off! Winnie the Pooh was there for over a year after his movie came out, and he JUST left. Plus, he's Winnie the Pooh and you can meet him at every park. I think Ralph will stay put for a while!!

I agree! Let's be friends. Hahah it's a sad state of affairs when people don't appreciate good humor. :sad1:

Hahha it's totally okay!!!! :lmao: I mean, I didn't get Starring Rolls so no big deal!

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! :cheer2:

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm back and all caught up (I had a pretty good excuse, right? ;) )

Anyway, I've never done the animation academy, but I can guarantee that your picture looks better than anything that I could create! I'm left handed too (what's the chance of two left-handed Marissa's anyway!!??) and I totally understand the smudging and dragging and generally messiness. Maybe someday I'll give it a shot when the boys are older, but until then, I'm not going to subject anyone to viewing my terrible drawings! :rotfl2:

No marble cupcake, thats too bad! I'm not a fan of carrot cake either (I like my desserts far, far, removed from actual vegetables), and I'd be disappointed too! I hope you guys headed right over to the Contempo Cafe and picked up some yummy cupcakes to eat by the pool! Oh and THANK YOU so much for introducing me to the peanut butter chocolate cupcake, OMG they were divine!

Ok, I'm back and all caught up (I had a pretty good excuse, right? ;) )

Anyway, I've never done the animation academy, but I can guarantee that your picture looks better than anything that I could create! I'm left handed too (what's the chance of two left-handed Marissa's anyway!!??) and I totally understand the smudging and dragging and generally messiness. Maybe someday I'll give it a shot when the boys are older, but until then, I'm not going to subject anyone to viewing my terrible drawings! :rotfl2:

No marble cupcake, thats too bad! I'm not a fan of carrot cake either (I like my desserts far, far, removed from actual vegetables), and I'd be disappointed too! I hope you guys headed right over to the Contempo Cafe and picked up some yummy cupcakes to eat by the pool! Oh and THANK YOU so much for introducing me to the peanut butter chocolate cupcake, OMG they were divine!

Welcome back!!! Hahah yes, I forgive you. :laughing:

Seriously, what are the chances of that? Too funny! You never know though, you might be really good at it! Yeah, that might be a good idea. Who knows, you could end up being the next great artist!

It was too bad. :( But the good thing is that he enjoyed his eclair, so he was happy. :thumbsup2 Hahha I don't blame you there. Well, we didn't do that, but we didn't something equally awesome!

OH YAY!!!! You're so welcome! I'm SO glad you enjoyed them!

Trying to catch up! Hope I don't forget anything!

Looks like y'all were having a great day at DHS! I love the Muppet area - so many fun things to see!

I really want to the animation class one day, maybe when Reid is just a little older. Seems like a lot of fun!

Sorry y'all couldn't get the marble cupcake at Starring Rolls! :(

Too funny that you posted a picture of those coke machines with the girls on them - during our trip, Ed would say, "Ooh la la" when we passed them & Reid would start cracking up.

I'm new to your TR but am now all caught up. Soooo jealous of your room upgrade! :thumbsup2

Trying to catch up! Hope I don't forget anything!

Looks like y'all were having a great day at DHS! I love the Muppet area - so many fun things to see!

I really want to the animation class one day, maybe when Reid is just a little older. Seems like a lot of fun!

Sorry y'all couldn't get the marble cupcake at Starring Rolls! :(

Too funny that you posted a picture of those coke machines with the girls on them - during our trip, Ed would say, "Ooh la la" when we passed them & Reid would start cracking up.

Welcome back! Hahah if you did, it's totally okay!

It really was such a wonderful morning at DHS! It actually gave me a whole new appreciation for that park. It was great!

That sounds like a great idea! I bet yall would really enjoy that!

Aw, it's okay. I felt so bad that they didn't have the one kind that Jacob wanted, but he really ended up loving his eclair, so it worked out just fine!

No way! Aww, that's so cute! Makes me wish my picture had come out a little bit more clear, though! Anyways, glad you're back and all caught up!

I'm new to your TR but am now all caught up. Soooo jealous of your room upgrade! :thumbsup2

Hey! Welcome to the TR, thank you so much for joining in!! I'm so glad you're all caught up. I hope you're enjoying it! Aww, yeah, the upgrade was so special. We were never expecting it and it was just wonderful! We're so thankful. :goodvibes Anyways, thanks again for joining! I hope to hear from you again!

Marissa! Sorry that I haven't been around. With my whole trip to Boston and NYC, I've obviously just been out of commission and NOT on the DIS! Womp, that definitely made me a little sad. But I'm back, and I've caught back up with your TR! :banana:

I'm not going to go over everything since I missed way too many updates, buuuut I have to say that I love you noticed the details for Binford/Home Improvement! I used to love that show and obviously JTT. He was so dreamy, haha.

I also thought of Full House when I saw your photo of the San Fran backdrop! :rotfl:

Bahahaha, I laughed out loud at the paint over at Muppet Vision and the lady from my TR! OMG, I love that you remembered that. The poor lady just looked so distraught in her ECV that she knocked over the paint can.

We've never done the Art of Animation thing either, nor have I been in the building! I told Matt I want to explore HS a little more this time; I feel like we hit up the same 4 attractions when we go there most times, so I want to definitely explore it more next time! It's just not his favorite park, but I'm sure I can convince him!

I feel like Joey was in one of the animator's rooms or something. I'd forgotten about how he drew himself/he came to life. :rotfl: So random!

I LOVED Brave and I am SO excited for Wreck-it Ralph!.. AND OMG Tangled Ever After, duh!

Haha your drawing isn't THAT bad. But I'd imagine it'd be harder left-handed!

Oh man, I LOVE The Incredibles! I want to watch it again now.

Ohhh I love that cupcake so much, the Red Velvet. I am also excited to try out the cupcakes at the Contempo though next trip!

Swim time! I'm jealous, I want to go swimming right now. I love swimming time at the resorts. When I was little, that was my favorite part of my first trip to Disney. That and meeting Mickey Mouse. :rotfl:

Glad I'm all caught up again! :goodvibes All is right in the world again, haha.

Marissa! Sorry that I haven't been around. With my whole trip to Boston and NYC, I've obviously just been out of commission and NOT on the DIS! Womp, that definitely made me a little sad. But I'm back, and I've caught back up with your TR! :banana:

It's quite alright! I completely understand! WOOHOOOO!

I'm not going to go over everything since I missed way too many updates, buuuut I have to say that I love you noticed the details for Binford/Home Improvement! I used to love that show and obviously JTT. He was so dreamy, haha.

That's okay! I give my mom credit for noticing that one. I loved that show too. I wonder what happened to him! I bet he's just a really really really attractive male now.

I also thought of Full House when I saw your photo of the San Fran backdrop! :rotfl:

Bahahaha, I laughed out loud at the paint over at Muppet Vision and the lady from my TR! OMG, I love that you remembered that. The poor lady just looked so distraught in her ECV that she knocked over the paint can.

It's so hard not to! It also reminds me of a particular scene in the Princess Diaries haha.

:lmao: That poor lady! I thought of that as soon as I saw it! That's why I took the picture haah!

We've never done the Art of Animation thing either, nor have I been in the building! I told Matt I want to explore HS a little more this time; I feel like we hit up the same 4 attractions when we go there most times, so I want to definitely explore it more next time! It's just not his favorite park, but I'm sure I can convince him!

Yall will have to change that! It's really fun in there and I really enjoyed it! You know, Matt and I have that in common. DHS is not even close to being my favorite park, but I will say that after this day, I had a brand new appreciation for that park! It was great to do some new things there on this trip. :thumbsup2

I feel like Joey was in one of the animator's rooms or something. I'd forgotten about how he drew himself/he came to life. :rotfl: So random!

I LOVED Brave and I am SO excited for Wreck-it Ralph!.. AND OMG Tangled Ever After, duh!

I guess so! I have no idea. It was a really cool room though! I remember someone had that big Genie mug! I always wanted one of those after I saw that. I've always had a bit of a mug obsession... :confused3

Brave was so good! I'm definitely getting that on DVD like as soon as it comes out. Or for Christmas. Whatever. :laughing: But I can't wait for Wreck-it Ralph! I've never been into video games but I think the whole concept is just brilliant! I'm definitely seeing that ASAP!

Haha your drawing isn't THAT bad. But I'd imagine it'd be harder left-handed!

Oh man, I LOVE The Incredibles! I want to watch it again now.

Hahh thank you! I mean, I have issues with the eyes and the mouth. I definitely made those funky. Hahah I'm sure it was just an excuse, but I definitely need to try again next time!

It's such a good movie! When I first saw it in theaters, I thought it was only okay. But I was a lame 16 year old then, so maybe that's why. I didn't fully appreciate it... but THEN I decided to give it another chance and now it's one of my favorite Pixar movies! It's just incredible! (Lame joke. I can't help myself sometimes.)

Ohhh I love that cupcake so much, the Red Velvet. I am also excited to try out the cupcakes at the Contempo though next trip!

It was so so good! I want to try the Butterfinger one next time! And then I want to use all my other snack credits (except for one reserved for a dole whip) on Contempo cupcakes. I don't know if people are fully realizing their deliciousness and wonder. I'm so glad I'm helping to spread awareness.

:rotfl2:

Swim time! I'm jealous, I want to go swimming right now. I love swimming time at the resorts. When I was little, that was my favorite part of my first trip to Disney. That and meeting Mickey Mouse. :rotfl:

Glad I'm all caught up again! :goodvibes All is right in the world again, haha.

Swim time was so much fun! I agree, I mean, I don't get to go to pools very often so I like to play for a little while, even at Disney! It's part of the resort experience! Plus, after going in December twice, I was ready to take some swim time again. :)

Hahah yay! I didn't even realize you were so far behind! But I'm glad you're all caught up now, because I'm about to update once again! :cheer2:

For those of you that were wondering, the answer to the trivia question from the drawing class...

Who did Walt originally want to use as the Sorcerer's apprentice in Fantasia instead of Mickey Mouse?

...is Dopey!!!

(Kimmy, aka princess_momma, got it right!)

If you look at Dopey, you'll notice that his outfit is the exact same thing as Sorcerer Mickey, just in a different color! Also, his mannerisms in Fantasia are different than his normal ones, because they originally animated the part for Dopey. They changed their minds because they saw Mickey as their mascot and wanted him to be more popular.

So... now you know! Isn't that interesting? It's fun learning new Disney facts. At least for me. :rotfl:

And now it's update time!

The One With the First Aloha

July 31, 2012

As soon as we got back to the room, we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to the main pool at the Contemporary! One really cool thing about staying at Bay Lake Tower is that you get access to both pools!

My dad and Anna were hanging out at the pool already. They’d started out at the BLT pool but they decided to switch things up when that one got too crowded. It’s a little smaller, so it tends to get more crowded. I didn’t mind because I wanted to check out both pools, and more importantly, both SLIDES.

I unfortunately don’t have ANY pictures of the Contemporary’s pool. I knew we’d all be swimming, so I didn’t want to leave my camera just sitting on a chair. I planned on going back by and getting a few pictures later, but it just never happened.

The pool at the Contemporary might not be as well themed or as pretty as the BLT one, but it’s just as much, if not more fun! There’s one area of the pool with, I guess it’s called a waterfall? It probably isn’t called that… oh goodness. I need pictures. I’m gonna try to find some pictures.

…

Okay, so I found some pictures. I feel like a total cheater, but I don’t like not having them!

I googled Contemporary Resort Pool and these are some of the results I got.

This one is from wdwmagic.com. THIS is the waterfall thing I was trying to describe… it was SO much fun!

Disneys-Contemporary-Resort_Full_6926.jpg

Jacob and I kept going behind it, between the water and the wall. It was really cool to see it go above your head. I kept putting my head out under the falling water. It was a really cool feature and it was a lot of fun to play around in.

This picture came from examiner.com. (???)

ContemporaryPool.jpg

It’s the water slide!!! We all went down it so many times, I lost count. It was awesome. It doesn’t look all that long, but it winds a few times and it’s FAST. I’m not even kidding, every time I went down, I would just get KNOCKED into the water full force! I had to try to brace myself every time, but I always ended up with my hair parted on the opposite side and with water up my nose (even when I held my nose… life’s mysteries). It was too much fun though! I just love water slides.

We spend a good few hours in the pool, and meanwhile there were a lot of Recreational CMs playing water games with a lot of the kids. They were in a certain area of the pool so it wasn’t intrusive or annoying. They were also playing a lot of music and it was just a big fun pool party. I just enjoy pools. I also enjoy the fact that there are no fish in them. That’s a story for another day, but I don’t do fish.

ANYWAYS, after a while we unfortunately had to leave the pool to go back inside.

Fortunately we were going inside so we could get ready to go to DINNER! Also, VERY fortunately, as soon as we started heading inside, the wind picked up in a major way and the clouds started rolling in. It never rained, but I probably wouldn’t have liked to be in the pool.

We didn’t really have time to shower… oops? But we did our best to look somewhat presentable and headed back out of the villa, to the Contemporary, and up to the monorail station!

It was the first time we actually had to wait a couple minutes for a monorail to arrive, so I took some pictures while we waited!

The view from the CR monorail station windows.

SDC13099.jpg

God bless America.

This is what you see when you look down at the resort.

SDC13100.jpg

(BVG, also known as Bay View Gifts.)

SDC13101.jpg

I like how the hats look when they’re going opposite directions like that.

SDC13102.jpg

I also happen to think that window is one of the coolest windows ever.

After a couple of minutes, monorail GOLD showed up to whisk us away!

SDC13103.jpg

We were going to… the POLYNESIAN!!!

As per usual, I was excited. None of us had actually ever set foot inside the Polynesian before! Seeing as how it’s the other original WDW resort, it’s a big deal!

The monorail let us out at the Great Ceremonial House, and as soon as we walked inside, I was hit with one of the most amazing smells I had ever experienced! It just smelled like a tropical paradise. I couldn’t get over it. I just kept getting big whiffs of the air and sighing in content. AHHHHHHH, good smells are good yall.

It was great to see everything in person!

SDC13104.jpg

Since I’m cool, I took a picture of the ceiling. Even the ceiling is awesome.

SDC13105.jpg

Ahhh, it’s so beautiful!

SDC13110.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

Jacob and I were clearly excited to get our Aloha on.

403986_825029916589_438326488_n.jpg

We had a little while to explore the GCH before our reservation, so we walked around upstairs…

SDC13143.jpg

…and I took a picture inside the store because of the cuteness…

and then we headed downstairs.

The whole vibe of the place was just really cool for me. It really did feel like a tropical paradise with like a seventies feel. It reminded me of Brady Bunch if I’m being honest! That’s a good thing if you’re me. I love the Brady Bunch and I always thought the inside of their house was the coolest thing!

SDC13147.jpg

I can’t explain it but it seriously reminds me of the Brady Bunch!

Groovy.

I took a peak outside…

SDC13146.jpg

Didn’t see much.

A close-up look at the beautiful tropical paradise-ness.

SDC13144.jpg

Then I saw a dolphin.

SDC13142.jpg

I was okay with that, because dolphins are wonderful and adorable and one of the few forms of sea life that I do not fear!

It was getting closer to our ADR time, so we went back upstairs and I proceeded to photograph more things.

SDC13111.jpg

Hmm… whatever could this sign mean??

SDC13107.jpg

Could it mean… ‘Ohana?!

SDC13113.jpg

YES IT COULD.

Oh yes. We were about to go to ‘Ohana for the first time EVER.

You know the crazy part? Originally, it wasn’t even part of our plans. We switched ADRs around about 40 million times, and thankfully we ended up with ‘Ohana! :woohoo:

We checked in, and as we were waiting, my sister got a text from one of her friends. Her friend told her that who else but Tom Cruise and his daughter were vacationing at… where else but Walt Disney World? He had been seen at the Magic Kingdom that very day. How weird is that?! (We later learned that they were staying in the Castle Suite. Um, whatever. They may have been IN the castle but could they SEE it from their room? Yeah, I know.) Anyways, that happened.

Our reservation was for 5:00, right at opening. At exactly 5:00, all of the cousins came out and performed a little opening ceremony.

SDC13727.jpg

It was pretty cute. All they did was stand there and clap while ‘Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride’ from Lilo and Stitch played. Hahaha. It was a nice little ceremony.

Soon, our lovely cousin was leading the way to our table.

It was time… to… EAT.

Continued in Next Update

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter