Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Sounds like you both had a great time. Sushi at Splitsville? Maybe I should cancel my California Grill ADR?

Unbelievable cab driver. Agreed, tip goes minimal, if any.

WOW! I've never considered eating at Splitsville. But looking at the Sushi, I think I need to adjust my viewpoint!.

Totally. That sushi was so yummy! And what made it even more fun is that it was so spontaneous! ::yes::

Looks like a great night.

It really was. The whole entire day was a blast.

Here's a link to the photo thread I was telling you about. It's quite an interesting read.
Weird-Odd-Strange-Disturbing Photo Thread

OMG! Thank you for posting that! Now I just need some uninterrupted time to sit down and check it out. I can't wait! I'm not so sure about the "disturbing" part, but we shall see. :rotfl:

Sounds like a fun night at DTD. I'm not a fan of sushi but that outdoor seating area looks really nice. I may have to check out the menu to see if there is anything I will eat.

It was a fun, lively atmosphere. I would definitely go back there, even if is wasn't for the sushi. It's a great spot for people watching. ::yes::

I'm drooling over that huge pin board in the background of your lobby shot. The resorts have some of the best boards!

They really do. Disney definitely knows how to decorate to perfection!

Yuck! Rain in Epcot is just no fun because there is not a lot of shelter anywhere.
.[/QUOTE]

True. We were pretty lucky with the rain holding off until we got to the IG. Thankfully our ponchos kept us semi dry on our way to the Beach Club. :umbrella:

Last edited:
WE WENT IN THE MENS LOCKER ROOM!

Cynthia, as one who created a permanent character trait that I'm sure I will carry with me always just by accidentally entering an (empty) Washroom in Magic Kingdom, I will refrain from any commentary on your entrance into the Men's Locker Room. :laughing: Trust me, I know how easy that is.

In my mind I had replied to all of these already, thought I posted and...apparently not. Or I can't find my own posts. Which frankly, is not at all surprising!

Cynthia -

Nice to see you kept with traditions. LOL.

Love the pic with Cindy.

Nice pics.

Coffee on the verandah is key! Well at least for anyone who wants to be around me all day that is.

Fantastic to read the two different 'voices' of the same moments. Love the princess shots.

Thanks!

Haha, if I look closer I do see the coffee and the laptop on the porch, but mostly I see Mickey Heads. I think I might have a problem.

Not at all, that's really the best part of that picture and those balconies, I love that!

And thanks to you ladies I booked CRT for my October trip, I'm taking a friend that hasn't been to WDW in 22 years. Dinner at the castle will be a nice experience for her. I hope.

Oh it will be wonderful!

Perish the thought! :rotfl2:

Exactly!

I really want to get into grits, really I do, but I just can't get past the texture! I've always heard so much good things about them I decided to try them at a Cracker Barrel in PA one year, and they really did not taste good. Maybe it was their grits that didn't taste good and are better other places??:confused3 I don't know.

Well...if you don't like cream of wheat (texture wise), you won't like grits no matter what is in them.

Every time I see the mayor, I always think of @emmysmommy and how hands on he is! :rotfl:

Me too!!!!

I have a few of these shirts and gotta set the record straight for this lady - you're either supposed to go bra-less or wear a decorative bandeau, usually it's that latter. Grossness alert: My back sweats the most of all places, :crazy2:, so these shirts are heaven for me. For reals! It's also less embarrassing because it doesn't show sweat spots :thumbsup2

That first option sounds a bit scary. LOL!

They always look itchy to me, those shirts but there are some cute ones out there and would be adorable on you.

Facebooking I see :thumbsup2

Posting coffee on the verandah pics!

This one is definitely my favorite of you two! You both look totally happy and in your element:banana:

I like that picture too, Mary Ellen is smiling!

Great updates ladies! Cynthia, I have to agree with you on the boring mug shot. I mean mug picture. It's just a bit plain compared to your usual mug pictures. But, as you said, at least it was a boring mug at Walt Disney World!

VERY boring. And I didn't buy a single mug that trip, just wrong but the merch folks failed me! Nothing spoke to me. Sad.

Great updates, gals. Cynthia, I love your dress and you and MEK are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. :)

I'm glad you got to meet Alicia, hubby and Landon. :goodvibes

It doesn't matter which order you rode them, you have pictures that proved you did ride them. I LOVE Big Thunder...it's a must do every trip.

I remember when you all got the Gift Card and pirate ornament for TarzensKat.

As I get SO behind on my TR's and things were a year ago....and my pictures are out of order...its amazing I can recall I was even there. LOL!

Great update ladies!! I don't know how you take pics during the ride (BTMRR). I've got white-knuckle fever from hanging on tight!! :scared1: I'm also scared I'm going to hit my head on BTMRR too, especially when passing under the "bones". I can see the headlines now...Mississippi man loses his head on BTMRR over ribs! :faint: Some redneck from home will read it and say, "Daisy May, I didn't know you could eat on that thar ride...I mite have to try it!"

Where is the tag fairy?

Cynthia-Congrats on your time- that's absolutely fabulous- you should be absolutely thrilled - loving the medal collection too:0
I know what you mean about the caffeine and carbs with your cronut -(which believe it or not I have not despite my food-i-ness have never tried)
oh-btw-don't you know if you stay at the Kimptons often ...I know you did in SF- we just stayed in one in Savannah - really lovely....

HUGE Kimpton fan. Actually excited, we just earned a free night so are using that in SF for Bay to Breakers next month for one night so we can justify 2 at the Argonaut, had been booked at Triton but moved it. The rates are nuts for that weekend.

Your morning time smiles have me so amused tonight; and I see the tradition of coffee on balconies continues on. Lovely!

It's a vacation requirement. Preferably daily!

Cynthia, I always love seeing your new Disney coffee cup out on a balcony.

Even if its a boring one :) It's still coffee at disney and outside!

Cynthia's coffee cup on the balcony shots are always so fun. I can't wait to see her new ones from Hawaii!

Again with the boring mug in Hawaii. I did post some on FB and Dee was kind enough to post one on my DL TR for me. I did buy a mug but not till the last day and...Jeff is commandeering it. Which is fine, I bought it to share anyway and he generally doesn't use any of mine or Disney ones so happy he wanted it.

Cynthia - I hope you are having a fabulous time at Aulani! Love that place! :cloud9:

We did! I'll post a few pics here at some point, maybe not till next week though.

Aloha Cynthia!!

Aloha Tammie!

I had to giggle at your foot chart. Not going to lie, someone introduced me to a "baby version" after Landon was born, and I did use it for when he was teething. Whether it actually did anything or it was just in my head is up for debate, but I wanted to try anything and everything to stop the fussiness.

It couldn't hurt? I think that's cute and yes, at a certain point you will try anything! I made Eric Nettle tea of all things.

I can't imagine anything nicer than coffee on the lanii in Hawaii. That is my very favorite place for outdoor dining, or just about anything outdoors.

And congrats on the four minute PR. :thumbsup2

Ah that lanai, I miss it! The PR was a very nice surprise, I did a super short race recap on the reluctant runner ptr/tr

The sushi at Splitsville was awesome. Denny will not eat sushi. He has this thing about raw food, so that experience would have been totally lost on him. Now Nick - he would have LOVED that! ::yes::

Jeff is not a sushi fan either, nor is Evan. Eric on the other hand would have been in heaven.

Seriously, right? I know Cynthia was mad. Later in the week we had another cab driver who tried to pad his fare by taking us a less direct route. It makes you not want to have to take a cab ever in Disney. Who needs that crap? :confused3

Oh I forgot about that one! I wouldn't have noticed but since you drive that route you knew exactly what he had done and were NOT happy at all.

Man, out until after 1 am?! I can't do it anymore! The only reason I see that late of an hour now is a sick kid. lol Although I guess with a baby coming I will be seeing the wee hours of the morning more regularly.

I can't really do 1am either. This was a fluke. Trust me.

Hey...it's a well known scientific fact that an adult beverage has positive effects on your heart and is equivalent to 15 minutes of mild cardio exercise. I read it on the internet so it has to be true!!

Excellent news!

WOW! I've never considered eating at Splitsville. But looking at the Sushi, I think I need to adjust my viewpoint!

You do, it was fabulous!

Not liking your review of Splitsville, since sushi and bowling are two things Kristin really does not like, but I absolutely LOVE. Well, I LOVE sushi, and like bowling. But you get the point.

Eat outside and you are Bowling free and there is a lot of other things on the menu. Win Win!

Cynthia, sorry to hear about your kitty. :-)

Thanks. He is a bit better today but I still expect bad news. He is almost 18, the hyperthyroidism is back in full force and is just...old. But there are some new things that are worse than just being old and I don't think we have a lot of time left with him. Even when you know it is coming, it's still horrible.
:scared1: How did @MEK leave out that detail?

I have no idea

Don't worry, I wouldn't have been able to tell if they were there or not!:rotfl:

More for me!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Maybe you were at the kids table!

It was weird too in that it almost sloped. There was a couple next to us and we were all joking that is exactly what it felt like. I think we were at the bar as it seemed the dryest of the options?

Sushi at Splitsville? Maybe I should cancel my California Grill ADR?

Yeah. No. Not exactly the same ambiance. LOL!

Cynthia, as one who created a permanent character trait that I'm sure I will carry with me always just by accidentally entering an (empty) Washroom in Magic Kingdom, I will refrain from any commentary on your entrance into the Men's Locker Room. :laughing: Trust me, I know how easy that is.

Well thankfully it was empty and we figured it out very quickly, at first it was like...this seems backwards, things weren't in the same spot...

:scared1: :blush:

Ooopsie! :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a fabulous massage - I bet that helps a ton to ease the aches and pains that come with running.

It does. I would love to get regular ones again. I really wish my insurance covered it, it helps a TON with the neck.

Cynthia - your sports massage sounds heavenly. :)

It was incredible. That, and the couples massage at Aulani and then the Balinese body polish at Mandara are the top spa experiences I've had, anywhere.

I do like this one

Ooh this one is creepy!

et’s turn our attention here, shall we?

It took me a second to figure out where I was. I had to refocus cause this is the best shot of the castle i've seen! I thought I was looking at another park, like DLP or something!

Love this!

This is gorgeous.

IMG_1103_2_zpsobek8lpe.jpg

Your quiche does look delicious, too bad the salad wasn't very good.

To be honest, I’m not a huge spa person. I know people love it, and maybe its my age, but I always think of it as something non-essential. When I was a teenager and young adult people just didn’t go to the “spa”. People didn’t have manicures and pedicures. If they did, they had a huge amount of expendable income. It just wasn’t something that “regular” people did on a regular basis. Now its pretty much routine, but somewhere along the line I just never came along with this trend.

I know. I know. I am totally missing out on something indulgent and wonderful. I guess I just feel awkward with massages. I am used to putting my hands on a lot of people considering the type of work I do. I just will never be completely comfortable with people putting their hands on me.

I got my first massage when I was on my honeymoon and I realized then what all the fuss was about. My mom is like you though. She's never gotten one and has never been interested, even when i've offered to buy her a spa package for Mothers day or her birthday. She doesn't feel comfortable with someone she doesn't know rubbing her down. Guess I understand that when I write it out like that! :rotfl2:

Then we headed over to check-in. I took this picture of the gym because SSR really does have a nice fitness facility and its adjacent to the spa.

Very nice facility!

In my reflexology massage my “guy” (I forget his name) worked on both my neck and my feet. These are my two problem areas. He also worked other areas and explained to me how each area is attached to an organ or body structure. He sort of gave me a quiz at the end of the session, but that’s probably because I kept asking questions. I was most interested in his training. You know, being in health care and having a scientific mind, I really wanted to get a sense as to whether reflexology is bunk or actually based in science.

I am still undecided.

I did learn that he also taught massage therapy at a local community college and his credentials were fairly impressive.

Here’s a reflexology foot chart. I had it almost memorized by the end of my session.
What can I say. I am a nerd when it comes to anatomy.

I've always been curious about Reflexology too! Did it feel nice at all?

I can’t remember how long I sat there. Long enough to need a bio break from all the water I drank. Figures. But my massage guy did tell me to stay well hydrated because he had released a lot of toxins into my blood stream. Yeah - not sure if I buy that either.

I'm not sure how much toxins can be released during a Reflexology massage, but I know in a full body massage you can get really sick if you don't hydrate properly! My cousin got a full hour and a half body massage one time, did not drink water afterwards at all and was so sick the next day, I couldn't believe it. All from a massage!

So relaxing!

We started out with a few adult beverages. I switched to a Blue Moon and Cynthia stuck with wine.

Wine in a plastic cup?! Oh wait you're outside huh.

Beauty and the Beast - Avocado, cream cheese, Kani Kama krab are topped with beautiful tuna and beastly eel $15.00

Love the name!

All I can tell you guys is if you like sushi, this place is awesome. Everything was really delicious. It was the most perfect, impromptu choice for dinner. We couldn’t have planned it any better, even if I was in my bathing suit bottoms.

Glad this turned out to be a successful meal even with your swim attire! :banana:

Two glasses of wine at the Turf Club. (Not counting the one we had at the spa) Two beers at Splittsvile. And another draft at the Hole in the Wall. Can you say “Feeling NO pain?”.

:thumbsup2:rotfl:

Our bartender was great! Did I have 2 beers here? Cynthia? I think I only had one. I’m not that much of a lush…or am I?????

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

It had gotten surprisingly late and we were hoping to catch one of the last buses back to OKW, but when we checked our watches….or cell phones …oops - too late.

What?! I thought the busses ran an hour after DTD closes no?!

No pictures from the cab ride home. All I can tell you is that when we told the driver we were going to OKW he said, “Awwwww Come ON. You’re killing me”, as if to infer that he was angry with us because we weren’t going further then OKW.

That did NOT sit well with Cynthia. Or me, for that matter. Hey, a fare is a fare. And we needed a ride. So suck it up buddy.

Ok guy, seriously?! What's up with cab drivers?? When we went to Vegas last year, there was four of us in our party and we needed a cab from the airport to our hotel and there's a line of cabs and we got in line and said party of 4 and no one would take us because of how 'large' our party was! Finally a cab did take us but he didn't look happy about it. Sheesh. Money hungry much?

Before we knew it we were back at our villa. And then we decided that it might be fun to take a 1am dip in the pool.

No pool hours??!:rotfl:You guys are crazy and I must hang out with you!

What a cool picture!

This was one of the best, if not THE best, sports massage I have ever had in my life. It was absolutely amazing. The right kind of deep tissue but with the spa ambiance...oh my word. I felt like a new person!

Albeit one with very greasy hair! So Mary Ellen might have felt odd in her shorts but I felt pretty icky with my hair (not so much I wanted to deal with washing it at the Spa though...it would have washed off all the lovely massage lotion and I didn't want that.

So you liked the massage, but how was the scalp massage?! I beg DH almost every other day to massage my scalp but he thinks it's gross :rotfl: WTH, it's not like I don't wash my hair or anything :rotfl2:

:lmao: Honest mistake. I've done this once.

California Roll
Sushi rice, Kani Kama krab, cucumber and avocado

I have to admit the fact that they used Kani Kama krab kind of bugged me, even if that is really common. As a west coaster, it's often real crab used and obviously, that's better!

Is that just a fancy way of saying 'imitation crab'? :confused3 Never heard of that name before.

But about the bar. It was really weird! We were actually AT the bar, not a table, and the seats were really low for the height of the bar. Awkward, the bar was kind of in your face. Either the bar was too high, or the seats too low...or too much wine was had before the bar. LOL! I do remember whatever Mary Ellen ordered there seemed to hit her kind of at once but either way when we got back after mr. cabby cranky pants, we decided a hot tub was in order to make us extra sleepy. I think we basically got in, and right back out!

:rotfl2:I hate those kinds of bars! You feel like a little child ordering a drink when the bartender can barely see you.

I will probably not get caught up on our next morning before I head to DL on Thursday. I tried to upload those pictures on Sunday (that's how far behind on photobucket I am, sigh) and a bunch went wonky on me, not to mention I didn't do any editing. That fiasco aside, there is an important update I NEED to get up on my DL TR before I get on that plane for the big birthday party so that is my next to do! Not to mention the fact I really need to figure out what I am wearing to Alison's birthday dinner! I am SO excited, I did at least book my shuttle to get me to the hotel after I land, still need to figure out my return, I have a few things up in the air there so may have to hold on booking that until that day. I also have a few running updates that I'll put on the runDisney PTR/TR as well if I have time.

:cool1::banana:

Well...if you don't like cream of wheat (texture wise), you won't like grits no matter what is in them.

Cream of Wheat is my all time favorite hot cereal :worship: So now i'm so confused, maybe I haven't had grits the proper way??:confused3

What?! I thought the busses ran an hour after DTD closes no?!

I am trying to remember...it may have been that it was still raining and we didn't feel like waiting? I have no idea as DTD was still open when we left. I may need to dig up that receipt and see exactly what we did drink. LOL!

Ok guy, seriously?! What's up with cab drivers?? When we went to Vegas last year, there was four of us in our party and we needed a cab from the airport to our hotel and there's a line of cabs and we got in line and said party of 4 and no one would take us because of how 'large' our party was! Finally a cab did take us but he didn't look happy about it. Sheesh. Money hungry much?

6 I can see but four?????

No pool hours??!:rotfl:You guys are crazy and I must hang out with you!

Quiet pool and yeah, there were hours but clearly we ignored them. LOL! We were quiet though, I am sure of it.

You are hanging out with me. This weekend!!!

So you liked the massage, but how was the scalp massage?! I beg DH almost every other day to massage my scalp but he thinks it's gross :rotfl: WTH, it's not like I don't wash my hair or anything :rotfl2:

Oh I wish Jeff would do that. That is the BEST part of getting a haircut. The scalp massage was AMAZING. Soooo good.

Is that just a fancy way of saying 'imitation crab'? :confused3 Never heard of that name before.

Yep, fake crab. Which honestly made me a little cranky at that price point even if that's what you would get in Japan.
:rotfl2:I hate those kinds of bars! You feel like a little child ordering a drink when the bartender can barely see you.

And it was lopsided too! Like it slanted. But, we were dry and entertained and clearly, hydrated.
Cream of Wheat is my all time favorite hot cereal :worship: So now i'm so confused, maybe I haven't had grits the proper way??:confused3

Ok then you need to try them again.

Yes, my last TR to get caught up on.

Thanks for the additional comments, Cynthia. I love my spa days and your massage sounds heavenly. Men's room? While the boys are away the girls will play. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

A funny thing happened on the way back from the relaxation lounge to our locker.

We didn't mean to and figured it out really fast but, we made a wrong turn on the way down.

And really, we had only had one glass of wine at this point I swear!

Uh huh....sure....an honest mistake :sad2:

But about the bar. It was really weird! We were actually AT the bar, not a table, and the seats were really low for the height of the bar. Awkward, the bar was kind of in your face. Either the bar was too high, or the seats too low...or too much wine was had before the bar. LOL! I do remember whatever Mary Ellen ordered there seemed to hit her kind of at once but either way when we got back after mr. cabby cranky pants, we decided a hot tub was in order to make us extra sleepy. I think we basically got in, and right back out!
Okay...now I'm getting a better picture. It's the bar seats' fault! That's your story, huh? :rolleyes1

The good news is that I won't be :drinking1 alone during our December trip to La Cava del Tequila!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

WOW! Yeah, you can be uncomfortable for a couple of hours for $200.

:rotfl2:Amen to that!!!!! We will be doing the big squeeze for sure!

Good to know!

]I know, right?

Yeah, I'm with Denny on this one... :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've heard good things about this place and the sushi. Although I'll be opting for something else if I ever go there.

Perhaps a burger instead? ::yes::

If you don't remember how many you had, you had at least one more than you think.

Well then - Oops! :blush:

That's frustrating. I can't believe they stop the Disney transportation before DTD closes though! DTD is never a priority for us so I've never really paid any attention to that, but it would really be frustrating to spend an evening there and then have to take a cab. Especially with a cabbie with an attitude.

Everyone has been saying the same thing, so I can't really tell you why we had to take the cab. I thought we missed the buses. But, yeah, the cabbie with the attitude was not cool.

not sure what the restaurant is, but I'm guessing you're at Beach Club? That is either a beach ball or Captain America's shield.

You got it - Good old Beaches and Cream!!!![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Once again, I'm playing catch up. :rolleyes: I'm going to be sending you a message about your quiche picture. You two really did shut Downtown Disney down. I've never heard a back review of Splitsville which makes me mad because I canceled our ADR there for our last trip.

Got your message and I'm glad the quiche picture was helpful! :goodvibes

We had a blast at DTD and Splitsville was really yummy. I would totally go back there again. Plus the outside area was great for people watching.

I've never been to a spa, or had a "real" manicure or any type of massage. Sounds like I'm missing out on a good experience. My mother absolutely loves going for pedicures so we give her a gift certificate for mother's day and Christmas every year.

Pedis are nice and relaxing, but I have had too few. I did enjoy our spa day. It was the perfect thing to do on girl's trip.

Not liking your review of Splitsville, since sushi and bowling are two things Kristin really does not like, but I absolutely LOVE. Well, I LOVE sushi, and like bowling. But you get the point.

:welcome: Jon! Thanks so much for joining in and stopping by! Great to see you here! ::yes::

I totally get the point and the sushi there was definitely yummy so maybe you will be able to work it into one of your future trips!

I am with you in that I never know what is what when I get sushi, but would probably like everything on that menu. It all looks so good!

Exactly. I don't care what it is. My palate is not that sophisticated. All I know is that I love it! ::yes::

5 people and all the luggage. It will be tight but I'm sure the boys can suck it up for the short ride. :)

Well, I'll probably end up in the back seat with Nick and Brian's GF, but as long as my suitcase fits in the trunk, I'm good. The ride to WDW will be fine, its the ride to Tampa I'm more worried about. :faint: But its $200 and that could buy us a seriously nice dinner! ::yes::

Sometimes the best plans are the impromptu ones. I don't eat Sushi (neither does Mark), but I've heard really good things about the sushi at Splitsville.

It was really yummy. I know a lot of people don't like sushi. I think people either love it or don't. There's no in-between. But I would go back there to eat even without sushi.

Where is the Hole in the Wall? Is that something new? Why am I not placing it. Too much to drink? Oh my...but glad you woke up feeling pretty decent the next morning. IF I were an exerciser, runner or bike rider, I still don't think I could do it on vacation. So kudos to you my friend.

It's right next to Raglan and Cooke's of Dublin. It was a fun place to hide from the rain. And I am VERY glad I did not wake up feeling hung over. The key is pacing! :rotfl:

It looks like the Beach Club. Meeting Pat and Marv?

Actually, they left the day before or that morning, so we never got a chance to see them again. Stayed tuned for our meet. Oh wait - you'll be off having fun meets of your own! :banana:

If I already responded to this, I apologize. I have had the WORST computer nightmares all around at work and home these past few weeks. Add in vacation, where I was quite good and stayed off the computer almost completely and the phone to a large degree and I really have no idea if I am coming or going. Especially since computer (and thus, photobucket) issues are still ongoing! And poo Hank (my 17-18 year old kitty) is not doing well.

So I figure I'll reply to this, and the next update and then TRY to get one of my own up before I head to the fabu bday shindig at DL! Hank has a vet appointment right before I have to leave and I am dreading really bad news.

I'm glad you got a chance to write an update before you head off again this weekend. You are just having WAY too much fun! I would love a West Coast girl's weekend. It sounds awesome!

As I said before, I am so sorry to hear about Hank. You must keep me posted!

Oh that Landon! I could eat him up he is so cute!

Seriously - I know!

That's ok, it's still proof I went on the ride!

:thumbsup2

I think I have a picture, we shall see!

I'm depending on you!!!!!

Nah, I am pretty sure we rode. Not postive though!

Whaaaaaaaat? I just said - I'm depending on you!!!!:laughing:

No it does not!

::yes::

Cynthia, I'm sorry about your Hank, hopefully he has some time left :grouphug:

That was one FULL day ladies! I thought the buses run an hour after DTD closes??? that cabby sounds dreadful.

The handless clock looks like something from Alice in Wonderland. Or a Salvador Dali painting... hehe
Cynthia -- no matter the mug, no picture with that view in the morning would be boring!
Oh! What a lovely breakfast at CRT! I haven't been there since 2007. I keep saying I'll have to go back! Love all your pictures and the story of breakfast from both perspectives! Your view was wonderful, and how sweet of you (Cynthia) to treat you (Mary Ellen) for your (M.E.) birthday. lol
Great photopass pics ladies!
How exciting that you got to meet Alicia and family!!
Too bad about the Mine Train heartbreak though. So close!
BOG for lunch = Awesome! I can not wait to go back. I also had the quiche when I was there, same thoughts. Pretty good, salad - not so much.
I wouldn't say your views have anything to do with age... I am not a spa person either and feel very uncomfortable with the idea of massages. In fact, I've never really been to one, and only had one manicure in my whole life (my wedding day!) Having said that, your experience does sound very relaxing.

When I first read "bowling alley sushi" I got kind of scared. Sounds a lot like "gas station hot dog" to me :laughing: However, that looked great!

I'm with Mary Ellen on this one, not a massage person. I think they make me more tense because I find them so uncomfortable!

Sounds like a really fun night.

I love my spa days and your massage sounds heavenly. Men's room? While the boys are away the girls will play. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You do love your massages! Edward is it?

:)

Have a GREAT trip!

Okay...now I'm getting a better picture. It's the bar seats' fault! That's your story, huh? :rolleyes1

Nah, we take full responsibility for our own actions. It was a funny little bar but the bartender and couple next to us were great and more importantly, we were dry! ish.

'm glad you got a chance to write an update before you head off again this weekend. You are just having WAY too much fun! I would love a West Coast girl's weekend. It sounds awesome!

I am very excited! 6 hours till my plane!

As I said before, I am so sorry to hear about Hank. You must keep me posted!

Thanks. I got a call from the vet late last night, she is out sick today. He is doing a bit better. They offered me a different vet at 10 am but that was cutting it close to get to the airport. His vet has seen him through everything and I just don't want to see anyone else. He is definitely eating better, drinking ok. His breathing is not what I'd like but he's always been what she calls a "snarky" cat and it has improved over what it was a few days ago. The hyperthyroidism is awful, he's got a total mohawk from chewing off his fur but at his age, knowing the pills didn't work before and he's too old to get radiation again, it is what it is. Over the past few weeks we've had a couple incidents of blood in the urine which was our biggest concern. It still seems bit off color wise (TMI I know) but definitely not what it was and a very good bowel movement (again tmi) made me feel better about postponing. We don't think he has much time but don't think it is imminent either. He was seeming uncomfortable part of the time but there has been definite improvement and he seems pretty ok.

Honestly I am not sure what they can say or do that we don't know or suspect, he is almost 18.
Cynthia, I'm sorry about your Hank, hopefully he has some time left :grouphug:

I hope so Pam!

That was one FULL day ladies! I thought the buses run an hour after DTD closes??? that cabby sounds dreadful.

I am not sure, I am thinking we just didn't want to deal with the bus? DTD wasn't closed yet....as evidenced by the picture of the band outside at Raglan.

The handless clock looks like something from Alice in Wonderland. Or a Salvador Dali painting... hehe

Dali is exactly what I thought.

Cynthia -- no matter the mug, no picture with that view in the morning would be boring!

Agreed!

When I first read "bowling alley sushi" I got kind of scared. Sounds a lot like "gas station hot dog" to me :laughing: However, that looked great!

LOL! It does sound scary doesn't it.

Cynthia, sorry to hear about your kitty. :-)

I need an update on the kitty situation!!!!!

thank you for forging onward!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem!

it really was a tease that darn mine train, all trip

Totally. Probably the worst part of the trip to be honest, because everything else was great!

Not bad if you ask me

Thanks!

I had the tuna nicoise I think. We will see if I have a picture!

I saw the picture and right now that looks really yummy. I'm sort of surprised I didn't order that too!

it was ahhhh!

Well, we did make a slight detour but I will cover that in my update

OMG - I TOTALLY forgot that! Blocked it out is more like it! :rotfl2:

Oh my word, it has been such a nightmare I can't even explain it and it's not fixed anywhere yet! The PR was cool and unexpected.

That stink....not the PR...the computer. The PR is cool!

I'm not sure about amazing on the picture front but we did have a great time!

I have no doubt!

that sounds like fun!

I'm looking forward to it. I love Williamsburg. I go a lot, but I always find something new to do. I also like that its an easy drive, plus geographically I like that area of Virginia. I could definitely live there. ::yes::

Ok I do not remember you wearing tight shorts or that I planned ahead but I'll trust you on that one. LOL! It wasn't what I would have normally worn to dinner that is for sure

I always wear those shorts over my bathing suit because I can't stand the top of my legs. I have a brown pair and a black pair. I take them on every trip. I totally got my moneys worth, but I would NEVER normally wear them out to dinner. :laughing:

I will try!

It was starting to POUR. That was a funny bar.

Really POUR. I remember that! What a great excuse for a beer!

We had two at the Turf club? LOL! I'll have to look at my receipts. Totally possible.

Maybe not. I don't know. I feel like I drank a lot that evening. Or maybe I'm just a lush! ::yes::

He was a Jerk. It did not sit well at all. I think we did hot tub...not swim....

Hot tub makes much more sense and, yes, he was a jerk. Those guys need some costumer service training. BIG TIME!!!!

I did run!

And jumped in the pool. I remember that! I just couldn't remember what day it was. :scratchin

Yep, you were there and I was so hot and sweaty from my run (and detoxing I am sure from our evening) that I jumped in the pool in my running clothes! We even walked to check in/out with me still in them lol!

I forgot that detail. That explains the pictures from the Hospitality House!

I think I have pics of us. It was POURING! At a certain point we just had to run, we were late!

But we made it. Phew!

that sounds about right :rotfl2:
:laughing:

OMG - I forgot how cute everything was when you packaged it up! Super, super cute!!!!! You did real good!

IMG_1091.jpg

Super Tuna
Ahi tuna, tempura shrimp, cream cheese topped with seared ahi, avocado, eel sauce, tempura flakes and spicy mayo

IMG_1090.jpg

I am honestly not sure on this one, it may be

Fantasy Roll
A sushi dream come true! Fresh salmon, ahi tuna, cucumber, avocado and steamed shrimp are rolled in soy paper and drizzled with kimichee ponzu sauce

IMG_1089.jpg

and of course, the classic

California Roll
Sushi rice, Kani Kama krab, cucumber and avocado

Your sushi pictures totally turned out better than mine. Yum!

I have to admit the fact that they used Kani Kama krab kind of bugged me, even if that is really common. As a west coaster, it's often real crab used and obviously, that's better!

Still, it all was REALLY yummy.

So I am totally an east coaster because I would never know this. Real crab must be amazing!

My pictures from the Hole in the Wall didn't load well at all, I have loading issues often with photobucket where the image doesn't fully load so need to look and see if the originals are actually any better. not that I took many pictures, it was raining!

I really don't remember that - about the bar seats. But, yes, whatever beer I had totally went to my head. I never paid attention to the alcohol content, but if I drink a draft beer with a high alcohol content it hits me HARD. Denny and I are going through this phase where we hit different pubs on either Saturday or Sunday afternoon and just have a couple drafts. I got really knocked out on Saturday by trying a beer with an alcohol content that was close to 7%. I can't do that anymore. :faint:

I will probably not get caught up on our next morning before I head to DL on Thursday.

OMG. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO JELLY! Have a great time!

What a great set of FP+ rides!

I agree and I was there!!!

Nice looking BOG salad. I'm guessing from your comments that it looked better than it tasted.

It really does look good and I'm surprised I didn't order it myself.

YAY for a massage. Wish I were having one right now.

Actually, Me too!

Love the sushi pictures.

Cynthia's pictures turned out great!

Well, spas/massages aren't really my thing, but I can see where it would be a nice luxury to deal with the aches and pains of running. I'm glad you were able to get a good massage there.

Agreed!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:scared1: How did @MEK leave out that detail?

I don't know!!!! I totally forgot about that - either that or I conveniently blacked it out! :faint:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Not my thing, but I'm glad you liked it.

You just don't know what you're missing. :rotfl2:

Have a good time at the birthday party!

I'm SO JELLY!!!! I hope she has a great time!

Sounds great! I could use a weekend getaway myself.

And did you notice I am going to a National Park Site?????? Yup - too bad I don't have a pass - yet - Denny will be eligible for his lifetime pass very soon! :worship:

Interesting choice. I never would have guessed that one!

Neither would I. I actually couldn't believe they had sushi on the menu. Worked for me!
Me neither. I would have asked to see the rest of the menu. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Somehow that does not surprise me - AT ALL! :teeth:

:faint: I don't think I still would have been walking!

Light weight! :drinking1:rotfl:

Seriously, dude. It's kind of your job.

I know, right????

Not that running is any better, but at least the scenery changes. The elliptical just doesn't look like any fun at all.

I actually liked it better than running on the treadmill but it just TORE up my muscles. It even tired my legs before bike rides so I just had to give it up.

Wow, you're not kidding!

That was some crazy, foggy weather that afternoon. Fortunately it didn't last long.

Don't worry, I wouldn't have been able to tell if they were there or not!:rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I totally forgot that! Oops! :blush:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Maybe you were at the kids table!

That thought never crossed my mind. Perhaps....:hyper:

Sounds like you both had a great time.

We really did. It was a great day all the way around!

Sushi at Splitsville? Maybe I should cancel my California Grill ADR?

Now let's not get too crazy here.....:rotfl:

Unbelievable cab driver. Agreed, tip goes minimal, if any.

Yeah - his costumer service skills were not the greatest! :rotfl2:

I guess since we BOTH did it we should feel a "little" better.....and then again ....maybe not! :faint:

Yup - that's pretty much what I said! :faint:

Sounds like you had a fabulous massage - I bet that helps a ton to ease the aches and pains that come with running.

I can attest to those aches and pains, trust me! :laughing:

Cynthia - your sports massage sounds heavenly. :)

I could actually use one myself right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter