Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

WE WENT IN THE MENS LOCKER ROOM!

More members of my Walk-in-the-Men's-Room Club!! Hoop de Doo, Portland Airport, shall I go on? Oy! And so funny!!

And really, we had only had one glass of wine at this point I swear!

Uh huh... that's what they all say. ;)

The awkward bar. That really stinks; I can't think of a faster way to wreck an ambiance. :( Especially if you're vertically challenged.

I love how the photos got ummm... foggier and foggier while you were at DTD. I think it was no accident. ;) You girls were having so much fun!

Ooh this one is creepy!

I love that one. I'm surprised it turned out that well.

It took me a second to figure out where I was. I had to refocus cause this is the best shot of the castle i've seen! I thought I was looking at another park, like DLP or something!

Thanks! It's such a cool castle. I'm pretty sure I took that while we were watching the Mine Train that we couldn't ride. :faint:

This is gorgeous.

Thanks. :goodvibes

Your quiche does look delicious, too bad the salad wasn't very good.

It was just lettuce. blah! But the quiche was tasty.

I got my first massage when I was on my honeymoon and I realized then what all the fuss was about. My mom is like you though. She's never gotten one and has never been interested, even when i've offered to buy her a spa package for Mothers day or her birthday. She doesn't feel comfortable with someone she doesn't know rubbing her down. Guess I understand that when I write it out like that! :rotfl2:

See - I think its an age thing because I suspect your mom and I are similar in age. Having massage was just something that didn't happen when we were growing up.

Very nice facility!

It was beautiful and I would totally go back there.

I've always been curious about Reflexology too! Did it feel nice at all?

I really like the neck and shoulder part and I probably picked it (at the time) because I was having so many issues with my feet and planter fasciitis. It really didn't help with that, but in the meantime I have fixed that problem myself by wearing inserts in virtually everything. :laughing:

I'm not sure how much toxins can be released during a Reflexology massage, but I know in a full body massage you can get really sick if you don't hydrate properly! My cousin got a full hour and a half body massage one time, did not drink water afterwards at all and was so sick the next day, I couldn't believe it. All from a massage!

Wow - that's crazy. I mean - in a way it makes sense because I am sure the muscles hold on to a lot of lactic acid. But- yeah - I was fine after the reflexology message.

So relaxing!

:thumbsup2

Wine in a plastic cup?! Oh wait you're outside huh.

Yes - yes we were. I just they don't want glasses rolling off those high top tables onto the sidewalk at DTD. :rotfl:

Love the name!

That is a really creative name!

Glad this turned out to be a successful meal even with your swim attire! :banana:

OMG - I still can't believe I was in those too tight, too short shorts. It was a GREAT meal. Really a highlight for me.

I had to drink to make sure I forgot what I was wearing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!::yes::

See above!!!!;)

What?! I thought the busses ran an hour after DTD closes no?!

I have NO idea why we missed the bus. Maybe it was raining again and we didn't want to walk to the market place. Once again - see above - I was not responsible for my actions at the point! :rotfl:

Ok guy, seriously?! What's up with cab drivers?? When we went to Vegas last year, there was four of us in our party and we needed a cab from the airport to our hotel and there's a line of cabs and we got in line and said party of 4 and no one would take us because of how 'large' our party was! Finally a cab did take us but he didn't look happy about it. Sheesh. Money hungry much?

They definitely need to learn better costumer service skills. I guess they feel like they don't need to but, its annoying and uncomfortable.

No pool hours??!:rotfl:You guys are crazy and I must hang out with you!

Party! party:

What a cool picture!

I love that pic, too! I've never seen that much fog during the day before.

So you liked the massage, but how was the scalp massage?! I beg DH almost every other day to massage my scalp but he thinks it's gross :rotfl: WTH, it's not like I don't wash my hair or anything :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

:lmao: Honest mistake. I've done this once.

I'm sure we all have and I totally forgot we did that. :faint:

Is that just a fancy way of saying 'imitation crab'? :confused3 Never heard of that name before.

Probably. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:I hate those kinds of bars! You feel like a little child ordering a drink when the bartender can barely see you.

Once again - I have no recollection of the height of the bar stools. Gee - I wonder why? :confused3

OMG - I am so JELLY! You are all having SO. MUCH. FUN.

Cream of Wheat is my all time favorite hot cereal :worship: So now i'm so confused, maybe I haven't had grits the proper way??:confused3

Where I live grits are just not a regular thing, so I really can't comment. I'm not s huge fan of cream or wheat (or oatmeal), but all I can say is that grits of GREAT with shrimp.

Mary Ellen- I'm sure nobody noticed your shorts were really swim bottoms. People tend to be pretty oblivious, and in FL, that's not a crazy concept. (You should see what people walk into restaurants wearing here during the summertime...)
Sushi at a bowling alley, who would've thought? Glad it turned out yummy!
I'm loving reading about how much fun you and Cynthia were having on this trip. You gotta embrace the opportunity to get away from work and kids and husbands while you can!

Cynthia- So sorry about your cat. Fur babies are near and dear to us and it always becomes so sad when they start to age.

I guess the salad is something I can skip at BoG for awhile since both servings weren't up to par.

It's great to read that your massage was wonderful. Sounds like it was well worth booking and taking the afternoon off from the parks. Although, not going to lie, that scalp massage sounds the most appealing.

Race regristrations can add up quick! It's best to look at them individually. Otherwise, you might get a little overwhelmed at the costs.

Yes, my last TR to get caught up on.

Thanks for the additional comments, Cynthia. I love my spa days and your massage sounds heavenly. Men's room? While the boys are away the girls will play. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl2::laughing: Not intentionally - I swear!

Uh huh....sure....an honest mistake :sad2:

:rolleyes1 Totally an honest mistake. I swear. :rolleyes1

Okay...now I'm getting a better picture. It's the bar seats' fault! That's your story, huh? :rolleyes1

Well, I don't even REMEMBER the bar seats, so take that! :crazy:

The good news is that I won't be :drinking1 alone during our December trip to La Cava del Tequila!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Not if I'm joining you~~~~~

:ssst:

Cynthia, I'm sorry about your Hank, hopefully he has some time left :grouphug:

I hope so too! No one wants their fur baby to be sick. :cat:

That was one FULL day ladies! I thought the buses run an hour after DTD closes??? that cabby sounds dreadful.

It was a great day! So much fun! And I don't know what the deal was with the buses. I honestly don't remember. All I know is we had to catch a cabby and that guy needed some costumer service training, for sure!

The handless clock looks like something from Alice in Wonderland. Or a Salvador Dali painting... hehe

That was weird and, hopefully, something I won't see again for a long, long time!

Cynthia -- no matter the mug, no picture with that view in the morning would be boring!

Agreed! ::yes::

Oh! What a lovely breakfast at CRT! I haven't been there since 2007. I keep saying I'll have to go back! Love all your pictures and the story of breakfast from both perspectives! Your view was wonderful, and how sweet of you (Cynthia) to treat you (Mary Ellen) for your (M.E.) birthday. lol

Cynthia was so awesome to treat me. When we were planning the trip I told her that was really the only thing on my "must do" list because I figured a girl's trip would be the best opportunity to go there. She totally surprised me with the birthday treat. And the view and experience were so perfect!

Great photopass pics ladies!

That was fun! I love those post breakfast pictures! They make me smile. :goodvibes

How exciting that you got to meet Alicia and family!!

They are a lovely family and Landon is just too cute for words.

Too bad about the Mine Train heartbreak though. So close!

Ugh - that was probably the most frustrating part of the trip. Seriously - what a tease! :faint:

BOG for lunch = Awesome! I can not wait to go back. I also had the quiche when I was there, same thoughts. Pretty good, salad - not so much.

They really need to make that salad a little better. Throw a few carrots or something in there - PULEESE! :rotfl2:

I wouldn't say your views have anything to do with age... I am not a spa person either and feel very uncomfortable with the idea of massages. In fact, I've never really been to one, and only had one manicure in my whole life (my wedding day!) Having said that, your experience does sound very relaxing.

Thanks for making me not feel quite as old, but sometimes I think age does make you less open to new experiences. I try to be aware of that. Overall, it was a fun experience and perfect, once again, for a girl's trip! :thumbsup2

When I first read "bowling alley sushi" I got kind of scared. Sounds a lot like "gas station hot dog" to me :laughing: However, that looked great!

Or gas station burrito, right? :rotfl2: It was really yummy sushi. Totally enjoyed that unplanned meal. And the people watching was pretty fun, too!

I'm with Mary Ellen on this one, not a massage person. I think they make me more tense because I find them so uncomfortable!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't "love" messages, but I am glad we planned it for a girl's trip. It was a fun girl's day! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a really fun night.

It really was. Just a perfect day all the way around!

More members of my Walk-in-the-Men's-Room Club!! Hoop de Doo, Portland Airport, shall I go on? Oy! And so funny!!

Please do! :rotfl2: Hoop de Doo? I bet that was embarrassing! :rotfl2:Oh My!

Uh huh... that's what they all say. ;)

:rolleyes1

The awkward bar. That really stinks; I can't think of a faster way to wreck an ambiance. :( Especially if you're vertically challenged.

I am very vertically challenged, but I have no recollection of the awkward bar. What does THAT say? Oh wait - I know - :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

I love how the photos got ummm... foggier and foggier while you were at DTD. I think it was no accident. ;) You girls were having so much fun!

Yup! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Mary Ellen- I'm sure nobody noticed your shorts were really swim bottoms. People tend to be pretty oblivious, and in FL, that's not a crazy concept. (You should see what people walk into restaurants wearing here during the summertime...)

You know - I never thought about that and I'm sure you are right. It's just that I am always very self conscious when I wear those shorts because they are usually too tight. I just haven't been able to find a good replacement pair that actually fit. :laughing: And since I only wear them to the pool it doesn't matter. They are totally NOT designed for the night life!!!!

Sushi at a bowling alley, who would've thought? Glad it turned out yummy!

I know, right! But it was really good! YUM!!!!!

I'm loving reading about how much fun you and Cynthia were having on this trip. You gotta embrace the opportunity to get away from work and kids and husbands while you can!

Girls trips really ARE the best! They are very rejuvenating and so freeing! I feel really blessed that we have had the opportunity to experience these trips! :goodvibes

Cynthia- So sorry about your cat. Fur babies are near and dear to us and it always becomes so sad when they start to age.

I totally agree. I hope Hank is hanging in there comfortably! It won't be too long until my remaining cat is in the same situation since she's 14.

I guess the salad is something I can skip at BoG for awhile since both servings weren't up to par.

Why do they even bother with the salad? I haven't heard of one person that actually enjoyed it.

It's great to read that your massage was wonderful. Sounds like it was well worth booking and taking the afternoon off from the parks. Although, not going to lie, that scalp massage sounds the most appealing.

Our spa afternoon was the perfect addition to a girl's trip. I'm really glad we took the time to go there.

Race regristrations can add up quick! It's best to look at them individually. Otherwise, you might get a little overwhelmed at the costs.

The Disney races alone are so expensive. And Cynthia does a lot of other races. That can definitely add up quickly!

Hi All - Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm a little behind on your TRs, but promise to get caught up tonight. In the meantime, here's an update:

Epcot Rocks, Even in the Rain

In my last update I left off here.

Do you recognize this place?

These might help.

Good ‘ol Beaches N Cream - Home of the Kitchen Sink

This was my second visit here. I had my first visit just 6 months before. That time I ordered the grilled cheese sandwich, which was delicious.

This time I was going for a meal that Captain Oblivious was sure to approve of.

It was yummy! What more can I say?

Those are the only pictures I have from lunch. We met Kat and gave her her gift card and other goodies. She had gifts for us as well. She gave us each a book in a cute little sack that she made. So sweet and unexpected.

I can’t find my picture of it, but trust me - it was cute! Since this was my first meet with Kat I didn’t really want to take too many pictures until I was sure she wouldn’t mind. When Kat first started writing trip reports she never posted any pictures of her family, so I surely wasn’t going to invade her personal space. At least not yet!

We had a lovely lunch, which was interrupted about every three minutes by the sound of a fire alarm.

Yup - that’s right - I thought it was because several costumers had ordered the Kitchen Sink, but they finally made an announcement that the fire alarm was being “tested” or was “out of order”. It was rather annoying.

Once outside I got the camera out. It had stopped raining, temporarily. But everything still had that misty appearance.

The weather was getting nicer right before our eyes.

We headed back to Epcot.

It was nice to get back into Epcot. Our plan was to spend the rest of the day there.

And there wasn’t a darn thing wrong with that plan.

The topiaries were begging to be photographed.

But the rain didn’t look like it had quite given up!

We decided to duck in here to avoid the impending deluge

See what I mean?

Continued In Next Post

I didn’t mind, because I actually like the movie in France. And I like the seats in the movie theatre even more! Here’s a few scenes from the movie if you haven’t seen it.

When we came out of the movie it had conveniently stopped raining. Yay!

I see blue skies!

OK, so maybe the skies aren't THAT blue!

And here is picture proof of our DIS meet!

Still full from lunch I passed up on this kiosk.

Continuing our walk around the world showcase.

Once again, I can’t decide which picture I like better, so you get to see both!

We passed some bears.

Somebody’s sleepy.

I thought these were so cute.

But expensive

Despite the fact that we were still full from lunch, we needed to stop here for a treat

Need I say more?

Continued in Next Post

I managed to eat AND take more pictures

No monorail

Monorail

I wish they would leave the flowers in the water all year long.

Looks like made it all the way to the front of the park. Perhaps Kat left the park at that point? I’m not really sure. Actually I’m pretty sure that’s what happened and we volunteered to walk her out.

Cynthia and I went into the art store.

How cute is THIS?

and this

And I love this

Back outside

Looks like we weren’t quite done with shopping.

Purchases at this point - zero.

No time to keep shopping because we had a date here

And once again I felt compelled to take pictures

Continued In the Next Post

I’m surprised this one turned out

It was nice having a front row seat this time.

As you can see - it was smiles all around on Test Track!

Our car, maybe?

Today’s top design

I’m going to stop here so I can get this posted before I leave for work.

Up Next - More Epcot rides, dinner, and a night time spectacle.

I didn’t really want to take too many pictures until I was sure she wouldn’t mind.

I'm the same way Mary Ellen. Plus, I'm usually so into the conversation and enjoyment of meeting someone, that pictures seem the furthest thing from my mind.

The weather was getting nicer right before our eyes.

WOW. Ya'll have some serious power. I should have brought you last September for sure. :laughing:

You know, I haven't actualy seen the France movie. I had no idea there were seats. I guess I'm used to the standing they force upon you in Canada

IMG_0659_zps5kwto7og.jpg

:D

Need I say more?

You need not. :love:

I wish they would leave the flowers in the water all year long.

YES!!!!!! It makes me so sad that I keep missing out on Flower and Garden. Why not all year? Of course Flower and Garden does give Disney something to sell. Darnit.

Great update. Love all the pictures, especially the ones from the art store. Those are some of my favorite things to do in parks is visit the stores with all of that great art!

I just had an epiphany! Is this the trip I got to meet you lovely ladies???? How did I not realize this before :laughing:

Yummy lunch! Bummer about the fire alarms though.

Your pictures are beautiful, and making me wish I was there right now! Is that a dole whip in Epcot? Where did you get that tasty morsel? popcorn::

Great picture of the three of you together :)

If only my wallet was bigger for all that beautiful artwork.

I'm the same way Mary Ellen. Plus, I'm usually so into the conversation and enjoyment of meeting someone, that pictures seem the furthest thing from my mind.

I know - I always feel like taking a picture ruins the moment, but then there's a little nagging voice in the back of my head saying "what about the DIS?" :tongue: I have failed to take pictures on DIS meets, like my meet with Wood Nymph. Now I wish I had. :rolleyes:

WOW. Ya'll have some serious power. I should have brought you last September for sure. :laughing:

:rotfl2: Sorry I wasn't there to help. I am actually really wanting a September Disney trip. I even priced out free dining. :rolleyes1

You know, I haven't actualy seen the France movie. I had no idea there were seats. I guess I'm used to the standing they force upon you in Canada

Canada and China are set up the same way, but France is no a surround movie so you get seats! YAY! :dogdance: I can always think of an excuse to watch that film. I really like it. Put it on your Bucket List!

I knew you would like that pic and I wanted to go back and edit in a comment for you, but I ran out of time this morning. Stupid work. :rolleyes1

You need not. :love:

:thumbsup2

YES!!!!!! It makes me so sad that I keep missing out on Flower and Garden. Why not all year? Of course Flower and Garden does give Disney something to sell. Darnit.

Just the floating flowers in the water. I mean, come on? Just until F&W. That's a compromise! ::yes::

Great update. Love all the pictures, especially the ones from the art store. Those are some of my favorite things to do in parks is visit the stores with all of that great art!

Thanks. Isn't the artwork great? I just love it and I always like to pretend that money is no object, because if it wasn't I would probably buy out half the store and ship it all home! ::yes::

I just had an epiphany! Is this the trip I got to meet you lovely ladies???? How did I not realize this before :laughing:

Of course it is, silly! You will be making a guest appearance at the end of this TR. Can you believe it was a year ago. We need to pick up the pace a bit. Wait - that's never going to happen. :rotfl2:

Yummy lunch! Bummer about the fire alarms though.

It was REALLY annoying and it kept interrupting our conversation. Do NOT interrupt a DISers conversation. How rude! :laughing:

Your pictures are beautiful, and making me wish I was there right now!

Thanks! I wish I was there right now, too. Especially since my brother and his family are going in about a month. Can you say JELLY!!!!!!

Is that a dole whip in Epcot? Where did you get that tasty morsel? popcorn::

It sure IS. I'm pretty sure we got it at the cronut kiosk. I am sure that Cynthia will remember.

Great picture of the three of you together :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

If only my wallet was bigger for all that beautiful artwork.

I JUST said that. See above. :rotfl2: Give me some more expendable income. PLEASE!!!!!

Last edited:
That Beaches and Cream burger looks SO GOOD. Between the burger and the grilled cheese, which was your favorite? (I'm having a hard time deciding...)

I think the movie in France is my least favorite of the three movies, but I do love the picture of Versailles! (In person, it's such a BEAUTIFUL place!) :flower3:

I'm excited to give Test Track a better shot this time. We weren't very enthused by the refurbed version, but we loved the ride so much before the refurb that I hope to get some of the love back! :goodvibes

Back from Italy and all caught up! Love your lunch at B&C, even though I would not have been happy with the fire alarm blaring off every few minutes.

Love the weather pics - it's amazing how fast the weather changes at WDW and how funny you escaped the rain by watching the movie in France!

Awesome pics of TT!!!!

Finally all caught up! I love how you ladies fit so much in from Dis-meets to a spa visit and everything in between!
Mary Ellen- your pictures are always amazing but you know I'm a fan :) You mentioned thinking about visiting Paradiso. Skip it. We met friends there for dinner recently and none of us were impressed. Better food and drinks elsewhere.

That Beaches and Cream burger looks SO GOOD. Between the burger and the grilled cheese, which was your favorite? (I'm having a hard time deciding...)

Hmmmmm - that's a tough call. I really liked them both and I think You just have to go with what you are in the mood for that day. I will say that the grilled cheese is very unique with the variety of cheese on it and the soup is very yummy.

I think the movie in France is my least favorite of the three movies, but I do love the picture of Versailles! (In person, it's such a BEAUTIFUL place!) :flower3:

I love all the movies in Epcot. They all have such beautiful and vivid photography. I have a hard time picking a favorite.

I'm excited to give Test Track a better shot this time. We weren't very enthused by the refurbed version, but we loved the ride so much before the refurb that I hope to get some of the love back! :goodvibes

I know a lot of people don't love the refurbed version. I kind of like the black lighting and now I know longer have to worry about the car getting stuck in the hot or cold chamber (yes - that happened to me once). But of course, the best part of the ride is outside!!!!!!!! And that, as we know, will never cahnge!

Back from Italy and all caught up! Love your lunch at B&C, even though I would not have been happy with the fire alarm blaring off every few minutes.

Welcome back! I hope you had a lovely time. Will you be writing about this year's trip? I always enjoy all your pictures.

Ugh - the fire alarm was super annoying and made it hard to have a conversation.

Love the weather pics - it's amazing how fast the weather changes at WDW and how funny you escaped the rain by watching the movie in France!

The weather was pretty crazy that afternoon and the movie in France came right to our rescue when we needed it. Plus, I can never say no to that movie. I love it!

Awesome pics of TT!!!!

Thanks. I'm happy with the way they turned out and the fact that we got the front seat!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter