Official "Who's going to WDW & when in '06" thread

grumpy.uncle said:
We were there for N.Y. this year and the fireworks are unbelievable. We stayed on the 31st at a hotel near DD on the 8th floor and were able to watch fireworks from DD,MGM, Epcot and MK going off all at the same time. It was unreal. Will be back this NY's to celebrate my 50th w/ friends. Dec-Jan is a great time to go. The weather is perfect ( we only had 20 minutes of rain during our 2 week stay this year). Temps from 70's to 80's. Couldn't ask for more when it was dumping rain back home.

Since we couldn't decide between October and Dec/Jan, we decided to just do both... :thumbsup2 So we'll be at OKW from Oct 8-13 and going to do MNSSHP (10/10) and some F&W stuff... (it's going to be a pre-30th B-day celebration for both of us as we both turn 30 the week after we get back)...
Then we are going back on Dec 31st to SSR for NYE then spend a few days around the park and catching the X-mas stuff before they take it all down.

:teeth:

We'll be in Orlando August 31 through September 6th. It's a dual birthday celebration for us (both on the 31st!), and we're celebrating our two-year anniversary a little early (Oct. 23rd)! :love:

Well, the latest room only code coupled with a great low fare sale on AirTran has spawned a very quick trip for a 3 day dose of pixie dust in late September. We booked a king room at CBR for 9/20 to 9/23.

Wednesday Fly in & go to MGM
Thursday AK
Friday DTD Shopping and then MNSSHP
Saturday Fly Home

We have never flown to WDW before, but for such a short trip, it's almost a necessity. I am so excited. Gabby and I agreed this would be our present to ourselves for our upcoming 7th anniversary, even though the trip is actually about a few weeks past the actual date.

It still hasn't sunken in fully that I am getting to go. We booked the hotel last night and Gabby took care of the airfare today. I am hoping to get more excited as I have the spare time over the weekend to actually do some itinerary fine tuning and set up a meal plan.

Did I mention that my honey rocks? I am so spoiled. :p Maggie

We are booked for Oct 17 -22 at VWL, our home base. A buddy is going to be our guest in our one bedroom for a day or two, and then he will get his own studio for the rest of the trip. Hopefully he can get one at VWL at this late date. If not, it is going to screw up our late nite cocktails by the pool.

We'll be there December 2nd-10th flying in from good ol' nebraska. (hopefully the weather co-operates at the Omaha airport). We love going in the wintertime because of the smaller crowds and the cooler weather. What's more fun than riding watermice with a jacket and jeans on? Had to cancel our trip back in January... last time we were there was October 2005, so we're lookin' forward to everest the most, mannnn.

Using our DVC Vacation Points, we'll be staying at DSSR on either ends of our 7N DCL cruise to the Western Caribbean.

David & Will :earsboy: :earsboy:

After reading about the new VCR on other websites, and drawings, I can't wait for our Oct trip to see if they are breaking ground for the 2008 aledged opening.

Longhairbear said:
After reading about the new VCR on other websites, and drawings, I can't wait for our Oct trip to see if they are breaking ground for the 2008 aledged opening.

OK, until I hear otherwise, I'm still calling it CRV :), but I am soooo with you. We own two other interests at BCV and BWV but will, in a heatbeat, sign up for new Contemporary Resort Villas!!!

Viki said:
OK, until I hear otherwise, I'm still calling it CRV :), but I am soooo with you. We own two other interests at BCV and BWV but will, in a heatbeat, sign up for new Contemporary Resort Villas!!!
Your're right, I should use CRV. I'd love to know what the general theming will be, if this is all true.

Longhairbear said:
Your're right, I should use CRV. I'd love to know what the general theming will be, if this is all true.

Gosh, theming, I hadn't even thought that far. I'm still trying to figure out what all the views would offer - I am sooo geographically challenged. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

vascubaguy said:
Since we couldn't decide between October and Dec/Jan, we decided to just do both... :thumbsup2 So we'll be at OKW from Oct 8-13 and going to do MNSSHP (10/10) and some F&W stuff... (it's going to be a pre-30th B-day celebration for both of us as we both turn 30 the week after we get back)...
Then we are going back on Dec 31st to SSR for NYE then spend a few days around the park and catching the X-mas stuff before they take it all down.

:teeth:
I"ll be back at BWV on Dec.31 also. Bringing my friends w/me to celebrate my 50th B.D. We will be staying until Jan.8. I can't wait. It's such a great time of year to visit WDW. I just love the Xmas decor and the Osborne Family Lights are incredible.

I'll be at SSR and OKW from 10-7 til 10-11, and running the Race for the Taste 10K.

Any one else running on the rainbow team? ;)

My partner and I will be at the Pop from Sept 12th-20th. Looking to meet some Dis people. Anyone who will be there during this time let me know perhaps we can share an experience at the world together.

My BF and I will be at WL 9/9-9/16. It will be the first visit to WDW for both of us, and we're really looking forward to enjoying this trip. We'll probably be a little slow for all you people that know what you're doing out there, but if anyone wants to meet up and hang out I think it would be fun.

My boyfriend and I are going from 10/13 to 10/19. We're staying at the Pop Century, we've both stayed at the All Stars before so we're excited to try this resort out. It'd be fun to meet some fellow DISer's. I already have tons of LGMH's, since I work at Home Depot they are super easy for me to swipe.. :rolleyes1

brendrek said:
. I already have tons of LGMH's, since I work at Home Depot they are super easy for me to swipe.. :rolleyes1

What is a LGMH

Just an update...

Some great DING rates with SWA came up the other night and we decided to "extend" our Oct trip by 2 days to take advantage of those rates. (We had to fly on Saturdays instead of Sunday & Friday)... Anyway, now we'll be there Oct 7th thru Oct 14th (at OKW, fortunately they still had 1 studio available those extra nights!!!)...

Oh, and still have ressies for Dec 31st thru Jan. 5th '07 (but no airfare yet...)

Lime Green Mickey Head (Disney brand ALIEN green paint sample from Home Depot). In my mind -- not truly "lime" green -- more like itty bitty flying grasshopper gut green. :)

urbanator said:
I'll be at SSR and OKW from 10-7 til 10-11, and running the Race for the Taste 10K.

Any one else running on the rainbow team? ;)

Hey urbanator... while we aren't doing the Race, we'll be there routing for family! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter