Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

How did you do that Coach? Through the app or on the web site? I already have my ADRs on my google calander so I can get to those easy enough. My hotel ressies never come up since we book through DVC member services.

I only looked for the ADR. Over the weekend I tied all the older ADR's into the new system. The app is kind of cool as it read all the ADRs into it.

Like you my DVC ressie is not on the app, but I also did not link it to the main ressie site. Always a little worried about messing with that on line this close to the trip.

Wife wanting to know what the status of holiday decorations. Is there any Christmas still up?

Those come down during the first week. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Correct for this marathon they will be gone. Usually they are up through the first weekend after New Years. That means that they are up over many of the marathon weekends. There may be some remnants of Christmas up around the property as we arrive but they will be gone tonight or tomorrow night.

:offtopic:

As folks may recall, I posted that I had a possible job interview in our Orlando area office. I posted after the hiring supervisor and I had a great conversation concerning his thoughts about a fairly senior level employee posting for the position. Well, we were caught be a few end of the year delays and I had received no news.

I phoned yesterday to see if it would be appropriate to have an additional conversation since I am in the area this week. He indicated that he was going to phone later in the week as ask if I could come over… great minds think alike. I offered up Friday and Monday as better days. He has a full day meeting Friday but said that was his preferred day. I asked if he was sure… on Monday, he could laugh at me in my post marathon condition. We meet during lunch on Friday.

Thanks for all the well wishes! We will let all know

Best wishes to you Coach! Hoping good things for you!!

And hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Almost finished with my costume. Was originally going for the magic carpet, until I got the blue skirt and it didn't match. Many failed sewing attempts (and the rise in temperature) later, I thought this might be a good option!

I have never worn a visor when running, but I saw some people in this thread recommending a visor instead of a hat due to the heat. Worst case I'll give the visor to one of my spectators, hold it or worst case toss it if I can't take it.

costume.jpg

Very cute!!!

Last year I did the half...never saw any Christmas decorations that were still up. Esp now this year where it seems to be a week later than last year...last year the half was the 7th...in fact, the whole marathon weekened was over by this date last year.
No decorations I am afraid.

Thanks to everyone for the replies about the powder in the carry on-I double bagged it and am hoping the early time we are going that the TSA folks will be too sleepy to care about my Cytomax....

Good luck Coach on the interview/meeting-sendingpixiedust: your way!

One more day at work, this time tomorrow I will be strapped into a seat on a SWA plane getting ready to take off for warm, sunny Florida. Today will probably be the longest day of my life:rolleyes:

wvjules said:
I have woken up with a nervous stomach yesterday and today! I can't wait for this to finally be over so I can quit worrying about it! ::yes::

I'm feeling the same way. I know I should be more excited but I'm just so nervous and have so many other mixed emotions.

Last day of work before I leave for WDW. My replacement Garmin is on the UPS truck for delivery, and I'll be doing a setup/shakedown run with it tonight after work. Crossing fingers for no delivery issues or setup issues...

It's supposed to be in the mid-80's today. :headache:

Last year I did the half...never saw any Christmas decorations that were still up. Esp now this year where it seems to be a week later than last year...last year the half was the 7th...in fact, the whole marathon weekened was over by this date last year.
No decorations I am afraid.

Agree, none this year. However, I think you were running hard and had your head down last year. Here are some photos and vid of last year.

http://www.rundisney.com/results/disneyworld-marathon/2012/

Rather than argue, watch the video. At 1:35 there is a flash of Main with it's decorations

Here is a Brightroom photo http://www2.brightroom.com/89678/89678-3396-006

I have several on my personal laptop...

There are still a lot of decorations up. But that was as of last night.

MK still had the tree and the toy soldiers and light pole wraps and the Garland.

All the other parks still had their trees up yesterday as well.

Still a couple days to go, but still is a good chance you will see them up.

And drink people. It is hot and humid. LOL. Definitely not the cool rainy Oregon runs I have been doing.

Travel safe!

Also the water stations are naked on the road and are being prepped. It's more and more real everytime ya travel the roads around the park.

And each time I go past the McDonalds by Animal kingdom I think, hmmmm, a McFlurry would be good by then in the full. LOL

:offtopic complaint
Holy cow...the makeup work the DDs have to do to take a few days off is insane! We will be the family doing a math lesson while waiting in line for Test Track!

Ok thanks for listening to my whining...back to running!

Last work day for me too. My flight from DC leaves at 7am tomorrow. Last night I packed my carryon (running bag). Tonight is packing everything else.

Quick question though - I've never stayed in a DVC room before. Do they have toiletries?

Last work day for me too. My flight from DC leaves at 7am tomorrow. Last night I packed my carryon (running bag). Tonight is packing everything else.

Quick question though - I've never stayed in a DVC room before. Do they have toiletries?

Yes, but they won't be replaced if you run out. Depended on how long you are staying though, they won't get you new towels or change your sheets. If you are staying in a 1 bedroom or larger there is a washing machine in your room though. If you are in a studio then there will be a free washers and dryers on one of the floors.

Yes, but they won't be replaced if you run out. Depended on how long you are staying though, they won't get you new towels or change your sheets. If you are staying in a 1 bedroom or larger there is a washing machine in your room though. If you are in a studio then there will be a free washers and dryers on one of the floors.

We are there Thur - Monday so I plan on getting a full housekeeping done on Saturday. I should bring extra shampoo and conditioner just in case. Thanks. :)

Let me modify just a little.

Unless this has changed in the last couple years, if you are staying on a revenue reservation (i.e. paying cash to Disney) you get a room refresh every day just like a regular resort. Staying on points (own or renting from a DVC member)you are have a restricted maid service. On points you get new towels and toiletries on the 4th day and a complete cleaning on the 7th.

:offtopic complaint
Holy cow...the makeup work the DDs have to do to take a few days off is insane! We will be the family doing a math lesson while waiting in line for Test Track!

Ok thanks for listening to my whining...back to running!

We left out DD at home during her senior year due to the load and the ability to escape finals based on absentee days.

Almost finished with my costume. Was originally going for the magic carpet, until I got the blue skirt and it didn't match. Many failed sewing attempts (and the rise in temperature) later, I thought this might be a good option!

I have never worn a visor when running, but I saw some people in this thread recommending a visor instead of a hat due to the heat. Worst case I'll give the visor to one of my spectators, hold it or worst case toss it if I can't take it.

costume.jpg

Love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter