Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

Is that the last place for porta-potties? I am in Corral B if that matters.

No. After the holding pen and the hundreds there, there is a block of 10 or so on Woodpecker Lane (the initial road we take out of the parking lot) , then 20-30 as we hit Epcot Drive. Then about that many at the back end of the corrals

[ADDED] http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/163859656/ - Change to the satellite layer and you can see the 2012 finish and family reunion areas

Map from staging area to corrals. PoP locations approximate and will vary from year to year

Sabeking said:
:rotfl2:

Too funny!

Have you worked out the sleeping issues? Did you ever try the melatonin?

Ok, this is long. LMAO.

My sleep issues will not end until my DH retires and he's able go to bed at a decent hour. When that happens, I'll be able to sleep the whole night without being woken up by my dogs because they bark when they see him. I won't hear him in the kitchen because he never gets an uninterrupted meal at work and he comes home hungry. I'll keep sleeping because I won't hear him eating cupcakes and drinking milk in bed while watching ESPN at 3 AM. I will sleep comfortably because he won't stick his cold feet on mine because he's trying to warm up.

I did happen to try the melatonin, and you know what happened? He called at 2 AM because he fell asleep on the train and missed his stop. Guess who had to get him? 4 hours after I took the melatonin. Not fun in the least and I never took it again.

I deal with it because I love him and I see how hard he works to provide for us, LOL. Plus, he bought DVC so I can't get mad at him.

jimandami said:
There is a Wish meet at Pop Friday night! Not sure what time.

Sweet! We wanted to added an extra night onto AoA reservation for Friday night. Since they are booked, we are staying at Pop that evening before moving over to AoA on Saturday.

Hope to see folks there!

Coach I need advice. I ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday and am planning on running the PHM next month. I had no problems with my 1st 1/2 yesterday. I took the day off today from running but am not sure what my long runs should be for the next month. I workout at a gym 2 days a week and run 3 to 4 days a week now, with a long run every other week. Thanks for any help.

Coach I need advice. I ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday and am planning on running the PHM next month. I had no problems with my 1st 1/2 yesterday. I took the day off today from running but am not sure what my long runs should be for the next month. I workout at a gym 2 days a week and run 3 to 4 days a week now, with a long run every other week. Thanks for any help.

Were you following a training plan, or one that you developed? The easiest thing to do is start that plan over again at the seven week before race point.

You may want to make this upcoming weekend a lower effort weekend - play it by ear.

If you were running on your own plan and looking for a way into the next race, I see nothing wrong with alternating 4-6 on one weekend with 8-10 on the other weekend.

Well here I am, less than one week away before my first half-marathon ever. Back in March of last year I couldn't even run 30 seconds without being winded! Just got back from a 6 mile run after work and feels great! Am super nervous about being able to finish as I am somewhat undertrained to run the entire thing non-stop but knowing I have the option of walking intermittently if I get winded is reassuring.

I've been lurking and reading all of the tips posted here. Thanks for the tips and of course thanks DISers for encouraging me to aspire to a higher level of fitness! :wizard:

Best wishes to you all and see you on race day! :goodvibes
Rich

P.S. Was finally able to download my waiver and save to PDF format but cant print my confirmation now for the commerative half marathon pin... Can't check into my resort online either. :confused:

cewait said:
Were you following a training plan, or one that you developed? The easiest thing to do is start that plan over again at the seven week before race point.

You may want to make this upcoming weekend a lower effort weekend - play it by ear.

If you were running on your own plan and looking for a way into the next race, I see nothing wrong with alternating 4-6 on one weekend with 8-10 on the other weekend.

I have been using the Galloway 13.1 but miss counted the weeks and am too far along. That is what had me stumped. Can you run a long run 2 times a week for an extended time. I've really grown to enjoy my long runs. Thanks

I have been using the Galloway 13.1 but miss counted the weeks and am too far along. That is what had me stumped. Can you run a long run 2 times a week for an extended time. I've really grown to enjoy my long runs. Thanks

Depending on the definition of 'long' I would say no issue for the typical 13.1 plans. These long runs are not keeping you on the road for more than 120 minutes?

Well here I am, less than one week away before my first half-marathon ever. Back in March of last year I couldn't even run 30 seconds without being winded! Just got back from a 6 mile run after work and feels great! Am super nervous about being able to finish as I am somewhat undertrained to run the entire thing non-stop but knowing I have the option of walking intermittently if I get winded is reassuring.

I've been lurking and reading all of the tips posted here. Thanks for the tips and of course thanks DISers for encouraging me to aspire to a higher level of fitness! :wizard:

Rich

P.S. Was finally able to download my waiver and save to PDF format but cant print my confirmation now for the commerative half marathon pin... Can't check into my resort online either. :confused:

Good for you! You went from 30 seconds to 6 miles and here you are going to do your first half...and I can say from last years half I did - don't worry if you need to walk...you should check out the results page just to get an idea of what the time frame is - you know - when the last few crossed the finish line. You will do fine!

As far as the pin - I am not sure what downloading has to do with the pin...I remember getting my pin (the one I ordered online which I pinned to my Donald Duck lanyard) at the expo...I think I got with my bib or perhaps I had to go to another table. I remember walking from here to there but cannot recall for what.

Good luck!

Rich

Good show! Your accomplishments are a tribute to you and your drive. THis time next week you will be a changed person. Saturday is you day to party.

As far as the pin - I am not sure what downloading has to do with the pin...I remember getting my pin (the one I ordered online which I pinned to my Donald Duck lanyard) at the expo...I think I got with my bib or perhaps I had to go to another table. I remember walking from here to there but cannot recall for what.

Good luck!

For the last few years, Disney has offered a special commemorative pin separate from the expo

Richie.... Make sure you collect the Pin in the HP building - the same building as the bibs.

Is that the last place for porta-potties? I am in Corral B if that matters.

There will be porta potties near the corrals. The lines aren't usually as bad nearest to the corrals because I think most people use them earlier assuming it's their last chance.

For the last few years, Disney has offered a special commemorative pin separate from the expo

Richie.... Make sure you collect the Pin in the HP building - the same building as the bibs.

I must be confusing it with some other pin I ordered. I just got up off my bum to check last years medal and the pin on it is cute..it says 1/2 and 15 year anniversary. I guess that was the pin they gave out.

There is a no bag line, but it still hits the holding area on the other side of the baggage claim area; that is surrounded by the PoP you cite. There is a gate/fence that drops around 0430. If you head through the tents as soon as you arrive you can swim up the stream and wait for the fence to drop. The easiest way to the gate is to walk through the very last/furtherest bag check tent or by pass if outside of the last bag check tent. It is adjacent to the gate. You can usually walk through the tent without waiting on line if you do not have a bag.

[ADDED] - just looked at this year's plan of the area in the final instructions and see a bypass line at the far end. That is the line you want if not using facilities in the pen.

Thanks for pointing that out! I haven't even really looked through the final instructions or program yet. I have them saved on my ipad to read on the plane when I won't be able to access the Internet to do my usual games.

cewait said:
Depending on the definition of 'long' I would say no issue for the typical 13.1 plans. These long runs are not keeping you on the road for more than 120 minutes?

2 hour runs are about what most long ones are. As the race day approaches it is more distance than time. I ran the half yesterday because the plan scheduled a 14 mile run and I thought the road experience at a generous pace allowance would be good. I am not fast. My time yesterday was a little over 3 hours. I run a consistent 13 to 13:30 pace but Jackson, MS had a lot of challenging hills. i have only been running 4 months. I'm reading some books on running but don't want to do the wrong thing and end up injured

Thanks! I will stop worrying about it then. Now to convince my wife that I can splurge on some goodies at the expo. :stir:

I'm solo on this trip, but was planning on doing drink around the world Monday. Any details about when/where folks are starting?

There's a separate thread for this a bit down the board, so here's the Reader's Digest version. Meet at Canada at 1130-1145 on Monday morning. :)

This was my story last year. I started Couch 2 5K in March of 2011 and signed up for the Disney World Half for 2012 as incentive to stick with it. It worked.

This year I am going for Pluto pluto: - 5K on Friday and 1/2 on Saturday :) It's my name for that race combination and I'm going to continue to use it until it catches on :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter