Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

I did the Facebook alert so all 400 of my closest friends can watch or hide me on their newsfeed ;)

I signed up my husband and parents. My two friends who are running it (chances are we'll get separated so it's nice to be able to cheer each other on) and myself so I can get texts about how I'm doing ;) Then I can cheer myself on too! :banana:

I was able to see my waiver too, so hopefully they have those bugs worked out. I'm getting so excited now! And nervous!!

You'll do great! :)

Thanks for the heads up! Just signed my Dad's phone up.

I did the Facebook alert so all 400 of my closest friends can watch or hide me on their newsfeed ;)

I signed up my husband and parents. My two friends who are running it (chances are we'll get separated so it's nice to be able to cheer each other on) and myself so I can get texts about how I'm doing ;) Then I can cheer myself on too! :banana:

I signed up my mom, dad, husband and MYSELF! Love having those splits saved in my email...it's a nice little keepsake. :goodvibes

I read a post somewhere on here (but of course I can't find it now) about how someone's family was planning on seeing their runner during the half marathon at The Polynesian and then getting back to the finish line to see them finish the race. The problem is that they said that The Monorail was backed up in a previous year and they were not able to get back to the finish in time.

My question is (as I may have read something incorrectly in that post), if I'm starting in Coral A and planning on running the 1/2 at a 9MM pace, would my DW be able to see me at the T&T, then walk over to The Polynesian, then go back to the T&T to get on the Monorail to get to Epcot for the finish? I know when I plugged in my pace, the website said showed that it shouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to check with those that have done this before. I really want her to be at the finish line, but it would be really helpful for me if she was at the other two viewing areas too. Do you think she would be able to see me at all 3?

I read a post somewhere on here (but of course I can't find it now) about how someone's family was planning on seeing their runner during the half marathon at The Polynesian and then getting back to the finish line to see them finish the race. The problem is that they said that The Monorail was backed up in a previous year and they were not able to get back to the finish in time.

My question is (as I may have read something incorrectly in that post), if I'm starting in Coral A and planning on running the 1/2 at a 9MM pace, would my DW be able to see me at the T&T, then walk over to The Polynesian, then go back to the T&T to get on the Monorail to get to Epcot for the finish? I know when I plugged in my pace, the website said showed that it shouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to check with those that have done this before. I really want her to be at the finish line, but it would be really helpful for me if she was at the other two viewing areas too. Do you think she would be able to see me at all 3?

I think that was me. I did this last year (TTC, then Poly, then monorail to Epcot) for a C corral runner. Poly is about mile 7. So if you are on that 9mm pace, that gives your people less than an hour to walk to TTC, wait in line, ride the monorail, then walk to the finish area and find a spot. By the time we were done with Poly, the line at TTC was pretty long, but this was for someone running C corral with 11mm pace. We made it in time, but barely. There were a lot of texts flying!

For an A corral runner, I'll bet the line at TTC isn't as long, but you are also going to cut 10 minutes off the travel time to the finish compared to our runner. Others may have better feedback on faster runners and how they've done this, because quite a few on here have mentioned doing it.

I think that was me. I did this last year (TTC, then Poly, then monorail to Epcot) for a C corral runner. Poly is about mile 7. So if you are on that 9mm pace, that gives your people less than an hour to walk to TTC, wait in line, ride the monorail, then walk to the finish area and find a spot. By the time we were done with Poly, the line at TTC was pretty long, but this was for someone running C corral with 11mm pace. We made it in time, but barely. There were a lot of texts flying!

For an A corral runner, I'll bet the line at TTC isn't as long, but you are also going to cut 10 minutes off the travel time to the finish compared to our runner. Others may have better feedback on faster runners and how they've done this, because quite a few on here have mentioned doing it.

I think they could swing it, but I think flexibility is key. If the monorail station back to Epcot is crowded as you pass there, I would say head back then. It also depends on how fast they can walk the quarter mile from Poly to TTC. If I were to miss one of the two northern spots, I would skip the Poly. That is due specifically to the construction fencing placed along the side of the road and the reconfiguration of the course to the far lane.

Still haven't bought my theme park tickets. Does anyone know where to buy 2 park tickets at a reasonable or discounted price. Will they offer it at the expo like they did at Disneyland at a deep discounted price? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Somehow signing up for tracking made it much more real. It's almost go time, people!!

:eek: :hyper:

Ha ha. "My leg cramps are 5 minutes apart, how far apart are your contractions?"

OMG! Congrats!! :banana:

I have a Facebook event where everyone agreed to cheer me on through Nike+ so I posted the link there just in case they wanted my splits too.

Still haven't bought my theme park tickets. Does anyone know where to buy 2 park tickets at a reasonable or discounted price. Will they offer it at the expo like they did at Disneyland at a deep discounted price? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Marathon didn't offer discounts. :headache:

No discounts on tickets. Try Undercover Tourist--although at this point it may not be worth the hassle of trying to pick something up somewhere.

If you send me your email address in a PM, I can send you the latest Mousesavers Newsletter which has a special link for lower prices. You can get a 3-Day MYW ticket with one free day (4 all together) for $254. It's what I bought for my mom.

Does ANYONE have an inside scoop on the mile 20 spectacular? If so, would you please identify yourself so I can PM you? Or maybe just PM me please? (I wouldn't want to spoil it for folks who want to preserve the surprise of it.)

cewait said:
I would suggest discintinuing the day before the race if you have not by then.

Safe Travels

No worries. Feelin' just fine! Woohoo let's do this!

I feel like I'm going to forget to go to the Goofy tent for my medal after the full.
I'm so used to medal, water, picture, bus.
Now it needs to be medal, water, medal, picture, bus (right?)

Is the Goofy tent easy to spot and get to in the mass of finishers making their way? I have looked at the finish map but you never know how it really looks until you're there.

I feel like I'm going to forget to go to the Goofy tent for my medal after the full.
I'm so used to medal, water, picture, bus.
Now it needs to be medal, water, medal, picture, bus (right?)

Is the Goofy tent easy to spot and get to in the mass of finishers making their way? I have looked at the finish map but you never know how it really looks until you're there.

If you have a Goofy bib the volunteers should direct you. That's what they did for me last year.

On site now...checked in but still waiting for our room... Just chilling at e Conch Flats Community Hall.

I love OKW - even if Coach's presence brings the hot weather :)

Now to try to find a route for 4-ish miles tomorrow morning. Any suggestions, Coach?

Ted

For OKW bus transportation, does the marathon bus go around to all of the bus stops? Or will it only pick up at the Hospitality House? Just want to make sure I'm prepared just in case I have to get to the HH stop.

On site now...checked in but still waiting for our room... Just chilling at e Conch Flats Community Hall.

I love OKW - even if Coach's presence brings the hot weather :)

Now to try to find a route for 4-ish miles tomorrow morning. Any suggestions, Coach?

Ted

PM your building number and whether you mind a little darkness (i.e. taking the nature trail towards DTD) and will flip you a map.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter