Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

Is this a good place to discuss training? I'm nervous with being a walker now and all. It's hard to walk fast, harder than running IMO. I'm walking a half marathon in October and maybe one in December. i think that will help me figure out how to do the PDC. Any other walkers out there?

That is one cute baby in the picture above!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

This is soooo a good place to talk about training! I've walked a couple races, but mostly run, but I think like running, walking the races will get easier w/ time and training. There are a lot of people who walk the Disney race.

Thanks for the encouragement about walking!! Have fun with the baby--newborns rock!

If anyone's interested, Raw Threads has some of the Tink themed shirts on sale. There's the one w/ the wings and one w/ Love to Fly; not sure of sizes, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Does anyone know when travel agents will have room blocks for Tink weekend? I need a room, but do not want to pay rack rate. TIA!

Does anyone know when travel agents will have room blocks for Tink weekend? I need a room, but do not want to pay rack rate. TIA!

For the DL races, DL works w/ Get Travel. They have discounted rooms and park tix. If you are planning on staying at 1 of the resort hotels, I'd go through them; they have great prices. If you are staying at 1 of the non-resort hotels, you can get better prices if you have an AAA card and book on your own. What I usually do is go onto Kayak or something like that, check the weekend and whatever hotel I like pricewise I then go onto their site directly and use my AAA card.

ColoBlu6 - You've been added to the runner list
;)
It's silly, but I'm all kinds of excited that it's now mid-September. Just another month closer.​

I'm thinking of flying into John Wayne Airport. Could anyone tell me how far it is to the park. We are staying at the Sheraton at the Park. My concern is the flight coming home on Sunday it leaves at 12:25 pm . Just not sure if this is tight after running the half. Don't know whether to book a shuttle from airport or is a taxi better. We will be flying within the states not international.

The airport isn't that far, depending on how many people get picked up for a shuttle, it shouldn't be more that 30 min from when they pick you up. There have been a few times where I'm the only one and get there in 15. For a 12:30 flight, they'd pick up up around 10; it's usually 2 1/2 hours pre flight. Nice thing is SNA is smaller and most of the the time can print out my ticket and get through security in 10-15 min.

I want to say that a 12:30 flight would be okay, but a lot of times shuttles aren't on top of races and traffic/road closures; 1st Tink my dad flew out to meet me and the driver had no idea and dropped everybody off down the street. And at 10am I think the roads around the park will have just opened so there might be some traffic. (Figuring 6am for last runner and 3:30pace would be 9:30.) At the same time, my flight this year was around 1:30 this year and at 11 the roads were okay and even had time to eat before my flight.

The shuttle one way is $11; not sure about the cost of a taxi though.

The airport isn't that far, depending on how many people get picked up for a shuttle, it shouldn't be more that 30 min from when they pick you up. There have been a few times where I'm the only one and get there in 15. For a 12:30 flight, they'd pick up up around 10; it's usually 2 1/2 hours pre flight. Nice thing is SNA is smaller and most of the the time can print out my ticket and get through security in 10-15 min.

I want to say that a 12:30 flight would be okay, but a lot of times shuttles aren't on top of races and traffic/road closures; 1st Tink my dad flew out to meet me and the driver had no idea and dropped everybody off down the street. And at 10am I think the roads around the park will have just opened so there might be some traffic. (Figuring 6am for last runner and 3:30pace would be 9:30.) At the same time, my flight this year was around 1:30 this year and at 11 the roads were okay and even had time to eat before my flight.

The shuttle one way is $11; not sure about the cost of a taxi though.

Thanks for the info greatly appreciated.

Please add me to the Runner's list. My DW is running the 10K, and I'm in it for the PDC and my Second C2C. First C2C in 2013 (Princess, DL, and W&D)

My Dopey in January will run on Pixie Dust.....pixiedust:

The Dallas Rock & Roll 1/2 in March, and I'm squeezing in a 1/2 two weeks before the PDC as well.

I will be there for the 5K and 10K! Please add me to the list:)
Has anyone ever stayed at the Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate?

Getting the runner list updated now. Sorry it took so long ;) My computer died before I had enough $$ to replace it!

I'm running too! Pixie Dust Challenge for me, and my mom is running the Half. I'm excited about this one - Mother's Day Weekend with my mom.

I'm running too! Pixie Dust Challenge for me, and my mom is running the Half. I'm excited about this one - Mother's Day Weekend with my mom.

I'm slightly envious of everyone who gets to experience it with their moms. I'll never be able to get my mother to participate in one of these with me, but I might be able to talk her into coming down to the Resort. Fingers crossed.

Not even to walk the 5k together?

My mom ran her first half this July, just two weeks before her 68th birthday. She only started running this year, so I'm pretty proud of her. (Even if I always seem to be paying for the hotel - I'll call that pay back for raising me.)

I could probably talk my dad into a 5K but definitely not my mother unless it's one of the non-timed fun ones, like the Color Run or something, lol. Not her thing at all.

Also signed up for the pixie dust challenge. My ds will be running the 10K with me and my bff will run the half with me as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter