Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

I could probably talk my dad into a 5K but definitely not my mother unless it's one of the non-timed fun ones, like the Color Run or something, lol. Not her thing at all.

My case is the opposite. Mom decided to start running after I started doing longer distances, but there's no way I'd get my dad out.

Welcome! I got you added to the runner list :) Must be fun to have a buddy for each event!

Thanks! This is my second Tink. Last year my son ran the 5K with me and my bff ran the half with me. This year I upgraded my son to the 10K so I could have a buddy for each event ;)

My case is the opposite. Mom decided to start running after I started doing longer distances, but there's no way I'd get my dad out.

Nice! My dad used to do triathlons and whatnot when he was younger (mostly because his siblings talked him into them - I've gotten my aunt to do a few runDisney events including Star Wars coming up). I keep trying to talk either of them into doing at least a 5K just once and then going from there but so far it's all been for naught. Maybe someday.

Thanks! This is my second Tink. Last year my son ran the 5K with me and my bff ran the half with me. This year I upgraded my son to the 10K so I could have a buddy for each event ;)

I like it, lol.

Did anyone else get a e/m from runDisney Planning tip #1 today ?

I was so excited to finally officially get a rD email. Now if they can keep them coming with really important stuff like final race instructions that would be great. :thumbsup2

Did anyone else get a e/m from runDisney Planning tip #1 today ? I was so excited to finally officially get a rD email. Now if they can keep them coming with really important stuff like final race instructions that would be great. :thumbsup2
yep I got one too!

Hello new friends,

I'm new to this group and this will be my first time earning my half marathon Tink wings. Just starting running a little over a year ago and starting training for my first big race, the 2014 10k Tink. It was originally my friends idea... I asked how far was a 10k? Wow! I was so new to running and now hooked.

I have a question: Does anyone know how to pre-purchase or reserve one of those fancy bags especially made for the Tink run? I have seen the remaining three bags at the Expo last year and promised myself one if I ever completed a half Tink marathon.

Did anyone else get a e/m from runDisney Planning tip #1 today ?

I was so excited to finally officially get a rD email. Now if they can keep them coming with really important stuff like final race instructions that would be great. :thumbsup2

Yay!! :banana: How goes the knee Miss Vicki?

Hello new friends,

I'm new to this group and this will be my first time earning my half marathon Tink wings. Just starting running a little over a year ago and starting training for my first big race, the 2014 10k Tink. It was originally my friends idea... I asked how far was a 10k? Wow! I was so new to running and now hooked.

I have a question: Does anyone know how to pre-purchase or reserve one of those fancy bags especially made for the Tink run? I have seen the remaining three bags at the Expo last year and promised myself one if I ever completed a half Tink marathon.

Do you mean the Dooney & Bourke purses? I think they stopped doing the preorder for the bags and you get them when you're at the expo. But the upside to getting it at the expo is that if you have an AP or a Disney Visa, you'll get the discount on it.

Yay!! :banana: How goes the knee Miss Vicki?

Hi Kim :wave2::wave2: Knee is ok !!!! But I'm so desperately trying to ignore pain in my heel. I really don't not like getting older...or I like to say more sophisticated. :rotfl2:
How is everything with you?? How's your niece doing???

Trying to get everything pack up so we can get on the 5 early tomorrow. Are you driving or flying?? Now I'm a little sad to be sitting this race out but we've got our signs ready to cheer on our super hero Sunday.

Hi Kim :wave2::wave2: Knee is ok !!!! But I'm so desperately trying to ignore pain in my heel. I really don't not like getting older...or I like to say more sophisticated. :rotfl2:
How is everything with you?? How's your niece doing???

Trying to get everything pack up so we can get on the 5 early tomorrow. Are you driving or flying?? Now I'm a little sad to be sitting this race out but we've got our signs ready to cheer on our super hero Sunday.

Glad the knee is okay, but boo about your heel. Everything is okay here and niece is doing great, thanks.

Hope you had a good drive down this morning! I'm flying down 1st thing tomorrow morning and then driving back w/ my dad. I'm curious to see how this expo goes, crowd-wise tomorrow. Really excited for tomorrow, probably more for the parks and X-mas decorations than the race. :rotfl2:

Glad the knee is okay, but boo about your heel. Everything is okay here and niece is doing great, thanks.

Hope you had a good drive down this morning! I'm flying down 1st thing tomorrow morning and then driving back w/ my dad. I'm curious to see how this expo goes, crowd-wise tomorrow. Really excited for tomorrow, probably more for the parks and X-mas decorations than the race. :rotfl2:

Have a safe flight!!! Don't worry about the expo... Its more organized.

Park looks great. We're on actually on Main Street waiting for the parade. It's "cold" enough they are predicting SNOW

On the RunDisney webpage, they have training plans for all their events.

For the Princess Weekend, they have 10k, Half, and Glass Slipper Challenge training plans.

For the Tinkerbell Weekend, I only see a few varieties of Half training plans.

Does anyone know if they are planning to have a Pixie Dust Challenge training schedule? It looks like the official training plans have their first session scheduled in the next few weeks. :scared:

It's not a huge deal to modify the dates of the Glass Slipper, but it'd be easier and cuter to just print out one that is made specifically for the Pixie Dust!

On the RunDisney webpage, they have training plans for all their events.

For the Princess Weekend, they have 10k, Half, and Glass Slipper Challenge training plans.

For the Tinkerbell Weekend, I only see a few varieties of Half training plans.

Does anyone know if they are planning to have a Pixie Dust Challenge training schedule? It looks like the official training plans have their first session scheduled in the next few weeks. :scared:

It's not a huge deal to modify the dates of the Glass Slipper, but it'd be easier and cuter to just print out one that is made specifically for the Pixie Dust!

If memory serves me correct when it comes to Disney. They usually upload the brand new ones (Star Wars, Avengers, etc.) like a week or two before the plan would start. So I wouldn't panic quiet yet. Now if it's around the week before the half training is supposed to start then I would start wondering. Point is give them a few more weeks but they should be up before the half one starts.

If memory serves me correct when it comes to Disney. They usually upload the brand new ones (Star Wars, Avengers, etc.) like a week or two before the plan would start. I wouldn't panic quiet yet. Now if it's around the week before the half training is supposed to start then I would start wondering. Point is give them a few more weeks but they should be up before the half one starts.

Thank you. I'll keep my eyes out for it to be posted.

The face was not panic for the lack of posted plan, but for my historical lack of follow-through when it comes to following the training schedule. I am determined to do better with my training this time. Better trained = more enjoyable event, less pain/soreness, and less anxiety of being swept!

Hello new friends,

Hi Whirlybird - I don't know if you saw but run Disney has posted pictures as well as link to pre purchase of the Dooney & Bourke purses for Star Wars races

princess:I just signed up this past Monday!

Hello, just got back from DisneyWorld 6 nights @ wilderness Lodge. I noticed on my new iPhone6 that I walked 19,000 steps while we were @ Epcot. I averaged 16,000 steps all week and since I have been home (Las Vegas) barely reach 1,000 steps a day

So I took the plunge & signed up for Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon via a travel agency on runDisney site or otherwise sold out. I'm planning on mostly walking due to bad knees & ankles. Thought this would motivate me. Plus will try to get back to bikram yoga (like hot yoga) to strengthen my ankles.

Nervous!

Yea!!!! The Challenge schedule is up. It's funny I JUST called on that last week. :banana::banana::thumbsup2
May will be here before you know it.

princess:I just signed up this past Monday!

So I took the plunge & signed up for Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon via a travel agency on runDisney site or otherwise sold out. I'm planning on mostly walking due to bad knees & ankles. Thought this would motivate me. Plus will try to get back to bikram yoga (like hot yoga) to strengthen my ankles.

Nervous!

Welcome !!!!
It's a great race and you will have a blast !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter