Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

Thanks! I mainly just want to get out of the back corral, I don't care if I'm in the second-to-back one. :)

It looks like I need to shoot for 1:20 to hit my wild guesstimate of 3 hours and 1:27 to be < 3:15.

I am pretty sure that I can do much better than that after 9 months of training, but I just don't know about by Nov 1. :)

You can do it, you can do it! And even if something doesn't work out, the back corral isn't as bad as it can be made out to be sometimes!

Hey all! I just found this thread! My best friend signed up for the PDC and convinced me to sign up as well. This will be my first challenge, AND my first DL race. I have done the Princess and will be doing the W&D this year! Pretty excited about my first DL race, guess I'll definitely have to sign up for the W&D next year so I can get my coast to coast!

I'm hoping to do W&D for my Coast to Coast next year as well. :thumbsup2 It sounds like a pretty darn good plan to me!

Vicki, Kim (and any other Bay Area runner) I'm glad to hear everything was OK with your homes and the earthquake. A close family friend in Vallejo had a lot of damage to her belongings (she sent me photos and pretty much anything that could break was shattered and destroyed) but if that's the worst of it, things are still good. My family on the other side of the bridge back in Martinez could feel it but thankfully were far enough away that there wasn't much more than some shaking.

A close family friend in Vallejo had a lot of damage to her belongings (she sent me photos and pretty much anything that could break was shattered and destroyed) but if that's the worst of it, things are still good. My family on the other side of the bridge back in Martinez could feel it but thankfully were far enough away that there wasn't much more than some shaking.

Glad she and your family were safe! Good luck this weekend! Are you doing Dumbo or the 1/2?

Jessica --So sorry to hear about your friend in Vallejo :(. Earthquakes really make me nervous !!!! Hope that's the last one for awhile.

Kim-Keep us posted on your sister. Wishing her all the best.

We're finally on the 5 heading down. Such a late start but at least well miss the traffic.

Glad she and your family were safe! Good luck this weekend! Are you doing Dumbo or the 1/2?

Just the half this year. I'm wishing I could be doing DDD though. But I couldn't afford it the time. Ended up being a good thing. I would be in so much pain considering my lack of training!

Hopefully my training goes better leading up to Tink!

Just the half this year. I'm wishing I could be doing DDD though. But I couldn't afford it the time. Ended up being a good thing. I would be in so much pain considering my lack of training!

Hopefully my training goes better leading up to Tink!

You'll do great!

So Vicki and Jessica.... How did it go!?! I was watching the weather and at least there was cloud coverage today. Hope you both ran well and you're enjoying some park time! Hope your knee did okay Vicki. :mickeyjumparty:

So Vicki and Jessica.... How did it go!?! I was watching the weather and at least there was cloud coverage today. Hope you both ran well and you're enjoying some park time! Hope your knee did okay Vicki. :mickeyjumparty:

I thought the weather was prefect today! Not too hot, and the cloud coverage lasted until my last mile - so about 8:45 is when the sun really came out. I couldn't have asked for better conditions.

I just got back home actually - we ended up staying a night at the Grand (I had booked the DLH but did not mind switching at all) and spent a bit relaxing at the pool afterwards.

I'll share my experience over on the DL board when I have time (probably after I get my photos in the parks with my medal tomorrow).

I thought the weather was prefect today! Not too hot, and the cloud coverage lasted until my last mile - so about 8:45 is when the sun really came out. I couldn't have asked for better conditions.

I just got back home actually - we ended up staying a night at the Grand (I had booked the DLH but did not mind switching at all) and spent a bit relaxing at the pool afterwards.

I'll share my experience over on the DL board when I have time (probably after I get my photos in the parks with my medal tomorrow).

Nice! Congrats on finishing! And, if I may, take full credit for the weather? That seems to happen to me when I do RnR San Diego ~ I'm there and no June Gloom, not there and nice coastal fog. And w/ the warmness and humidity last year for DDD to cloud coverage this year, it is so me. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi all! I registered for the PDC a few days ago... I was so tempted and when it didn't sell out for so long my willpower ran out!

This will be my first Tink and first Disneyland race! I've done several at Disney World over the last few years. I'm planning to do the Coast to Coast challenge with the Princess next spring!

I'm basically living it up and doing the wine and dine half in a few months as well. I will be changing jobs next summer and probably won't be able to plan for disney races for the next two years or so :(

Look forward to following along with everyone training!!

Don't worry about willpower, I don't have any either ~ I didn't register for the Star Wars 5k and ended up literally hunting one down; disney travel groups, charity groups and finally found one through a travel agent that had 1 left. :rotfl2:

You're going to love Tink and DL! The Tink course is great and we get the amazing Red Hat ladies at the end of DTD before we head off into the city part of the run.

See you at W&D!

Nice! Congrats on finishing! And, if I may, take full credit for the weather? That seems to happen to me when I do RnR San Diego ~ I'm there and no June Gloom, not there and nice coastal fog. And w/ the warmness and humidity last year for DDD to cloud coverage this year, it is so me. :rotfl: :rotfl:

:worship: I thank you!!

;)

Hi all! I registered for the PDC a few days ago... I was so tempted and when it didn't sell out for so long my willpower ran out!

This will be my first Tink and first Disneyland race! I've done several at Disney World over the last few years. I'm planning to do the Coast to Coast challenge with the Princess next spring!

I'm basically living it up and doing the wine and dine half in a few months as well. I will be changing jobs next summer and probably won't be able to plan for disney races for the next two years or so :(

Look forward to following along with everyone training!!

Oooh, pink C2C medal for you! I probably wouldn't have been able to stay away either. It's so hard to say no, especially if you know you'll probably be on the sidelines for awhile in the near future.

I really hope you enjoy coming out to Disneyland for one!

Don't worry about willpower, I don't have any either ~ I didn't register for the Star Wars 5k and ended up literally hunting one down; disney travel groups, charity groups and finally found one through a travel agent that had 1 left. :rotfl2:

You're going to love Tink and DL! The Tink course is great and we get the amazing Red Hat ladies at the end of DTD before we head off into the city part of the run.

See you at W&D!

I love the Red Hat ladies!!!

Hi everyone

This will be my second 5K and my first 10K with Run Disney. I would like to do the Coast to Coast one day. :)

I was so excited I did a six mile run yesterday evening and was almost skipping! I can't wait for Tink!!

Kim...No problems at all with my knee !!!!!!:banana::thumbsup2:woohoo::yay::cheer2: I'm so happy about that. Loved the cloud cover/overcast it really helped. Strange thing and has never happened to me before....between miles 7-8 until the finish, I was struggling with a leg cramp that would not let me run, or even walk without limping. I thought we were doomed. However, DH had to be my on the course human leg roller/massager so we could finish.
I'm going to start studying up on leg cramps during races and what to do about it.
Any news on the baby ??

Kim...No problems at all with my knee !!!!!!:banana::thumbsup2:woohoo::yay::cheer2: I'm so happy about that. Loved the cloud cover/overcast it really helped. Strange thing and has never happened to me before....between miles 7-8 until the finish, I was struggling with a leg cramp that would not let me run, or even walk without limping. I thought we were doomed. However, DH had to be my on the course human leg roller/massager so we could finish.
I'm going to start studying up on leg cramps during races and what to do about it.
Any news on the baby ??

Yay for the knee and you DH helping, but bad for the cramps. Did you take enough fluids and fuel? :confused3

She had the baby! She went in Sun morning to be induced, but that ended up not happening until Sun night. Baby was born Monday afternoon. My iPad isn't letting me pick up the forum sharing code, but I'll try and post a pic tomorrow.

Yay for the knee and you DH helping, but bad for the cramps. Did you take enough fluids and fuel? :confused3

She had the baby! She went in Sun morning to be induced, but that ended up not happening until Sun night. Baby was born Monday afternoon. My iPad isn't letting me pick up the forum sharing code, but I'll try and post a pic tomorrow.

Congrats to you and your family !!!!

I thought I did... a little at every stop, alternating between water and icky sport drink, and I had my gu. Not sure but I'm doing to do some research and read up about it so I'm ready if it happens again.

Congrats to you and your family !!!!

I thought I did... a little at every stop, alternating between water and icky sport drink, and I had my gu. Not sure but I'm doing to do some research and read up about it so I'm ready if it happens again.

Thanks! Here she is. :love:

Hopefully the cramps were a one time thing.

Is this a good place to discuss training? I'm nervous with being a walker now and all. It's hard to walk fast, harder than running IMO. I'm walking a half marathon in October and maybe one in December. i think that will help me figure out how to do the PDC. Any other walkers out there?

That is one cute baby in the picture above!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter