Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 4D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4D 6600
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not bad - not across from laundry room, in between the stairs. Glad we are only one floor up from kids clubs so kids can find their way
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 2 and 11 p.m.
9. What month is your cruise? May

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B Port-side by Front Elevators
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 1 month
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a upgrade so I'm happy, but I was hoping for starboard side
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before 3:30pm PST
9. What month is your cruise? April 25, 2015

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8D 6668
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? From the reviews I can find, it's a great location/room/size...happy happy happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before 3:30pm EST

Excited to be 'official' and have a room :)

#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A Starboard, 9632
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 1 month
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? VERY HAPPY with the upgrade.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 4:00pm EST
9. What month is your cruise? April 25, 2015

Any recent assignments? We are 56 days out and getting antsy. :-)

If it is a true GTY (not a *GT), you should be getting close, but keep in mind that they reserve the right to not assign until much closer - even checking in at the port.

Does anyone know how DCL chooses rooms to assign for GTY? I notice that someone on my same cruise date, who also booked the same category GTY as I did, got a higher stateroom category than me. Nothing against that person at all. I was just wondering why I got a 5B, but they got a 4A when we both booked 7A.

I wonder if it's just because I'm a first time DCL cruiser...

I'm interested in this too- I'm a first time cruiser with a GT booked- I'm expecting to get a low level veranda being first time and all.

We are on the June 1st 4 night dream and booked a 10a deluxe inside gty. I know there are not many 10a staterooms on the dream and I'm curious if we will get a 10a or upgrade. Right now...only some verandah categories left to book. Any predictions. Anyone ever book a 10a gty...if so what were you assigned? Thanks!

Ours was assigned at 51 days out. We got ours maybe a week and a half ago for our May 9 cruise.

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E, 7190
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? approx. 54-56 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Sounds like a good room, not sure
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? no
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Not sure, Wednesday or Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9D, 6000
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? approx. 54-56 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Sounds like I may be looking for an upgrade at port as we have two taller young adults in this room and we specifically wanted a split bath.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? no
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Not sure, Wednesday or Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 10A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8D
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 50 day range
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! Great upgrade,
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Na
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around noon
9. What month is your cruise? June

I just booked this weekend for a 5E on the December 7, 2015 Disney Dream. I was not sure what a GTY was until I got my confirmation & started reading on the DIS what a GTY even was...... I just put the deposit down, I have not paid in full yet.

Geez, I don't really want an upgrade, I wanted the 5E, but upon review of the possible upgrades, I guess a 4E would not be too bad, but I really wanted a 5E large oversized verandah.

I just booked this weekend for a 5E on the December 7, 2015 Disney Dream. I was not sure what a GTY was until I got my confirmation & started reading on the DIS what a GTY even was...... I just put the deposit down, I have not paid in full yet.

Geez, I don't really want an upgrade, I wanted the 5E, but upon review of the possible upgrades, I guess a 4E would not be too bad, but I really wanted a 5E large oversized verandah.

You might get lucky, but when you book GTY you dive Disney the right to assign you a cabin at your booked GTY category OR HIGHER.

I know it sucks to not get the category you want. I booked 8B GTY for the cruise I took in February (I'd had the cabin I wanted, decided to go to a 7A, and then decided I really wanted the 8B but it was in GTY by then, so I booked hoping against hope) and got stuck with a 4E. NOT an upgrade in my opinion because it was much lower than I like (give me deck 9 ANY day!!), and a verandah was wasted on me. For my cruise next April, I have my preferred cabin in 8B booked and I am NOT playing around with it AT ALL.

I booked a 5E GTY and called to have them note on my reservation that we would prefer not to be upgraded. They said they'd note it, but couldn't guarentee anything. I understood. We ended up with a 5E on deck 9. So, there's still hope. :)

I booked a 5E GTY and called to have them note on my reservation that we would prefer not to be upgraded. They said they'd note it, but couldn't guarentee anything. I understood. We ended up with a 5E on deck 9. So, there's still hope. :)

I thought if they gave you a GTY (did not know I was even getting a GTY when I booked online- first time cruiser), that means you are not guaranteed that room (did not know that until after I booked & learned it on the DIS). When you called & they noted it on the reservation, you automatically got deck 9? When did you find out you had 5E on deck 9?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter