Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

You might get lucky, but when you book GTY you dive Disney the right to assign you a cabin at your booked GTY category OR HIGHER.

I know it sucks to not get the category you want. I booked 8B GTY for the cruise I took in February (I'd had the cabin I wanted, decided to go to a 7A, and then decided I really wanted the 8B but it was in GTY by then, so I booked hoping against hope) and got stuck with a 4E. NOT an upgrade in my opinion because it was much lower than I like (give me deck 9 ANY day!!), and a verandah was wasted on me. For my cruise next April, I have my preferred cabin in 8B booked and I am NOT playing around with it AT ALL.

Thank you for the reply, I would be okay with a 4E, but sure would like the 5E which is what I thought I was paying for?

Thank you for the reply, I would be okay with a 4E, but sure would like the 5E which is what I thought I was paying for?

You are paying for at least a 5E. Disney reserves the right to upgrade you at their leisure. (And yes, 4E is an upgrade according to them.)

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B sideways cabin
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy - we had originally booked an 11B sideways and then downgraded to 11C GTY to save some money, the new room seems to be even better than the one we originally had
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 3pm and 6pm EST
9. What month is your cruise? June (June 6 Norway)

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A, 5502
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy to be sailing in Alaska. Slightly concerned about previous reports of this cabin being noisy.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? June

:fish:
How long before you can really be told of what cabin you are assigned, if we were told that we are GTY at this time? I was told that upon check-in, I would be told. However, I would really like to know, since I would like to partake in the FE.
If anyone knows or had experienced this, Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

:fish:
How long before you can really be told of what cabin you are assigned, if we were told that we are GTY at this time? I was told that upon check-in, I would be told. However, I would really like to know, since I would like to partake in the FE.
If anyone knows or had experienced this, Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
It is possible you won't know until you check in at the port. However most people are given their room # much earlier. Try checking at 2 months before your cruise and if you still don't see it, check every week.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C 6028
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I've never had a verandah before so I'm very excited for any room with one!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I checked about 9 am

I thought if they gave you a GTY (did not know I was even getting a GTY when I booked online- first time cruiser), that means you are not guaranteed that room (did not know that until after I booked & learned it on the DIS). When you called & they noted it on the reservation, you automatically got deck 9? When did you find out you had 5E on deck 9?

I didn't request a specific deck or anything. I just wanted a 5E and asked them to note that on my reservation...I can't remember how far out from the sail date I got the room assignment.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B 6507
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 48
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a sideways inside stateroom and all the reviews I have read are great so I am happy. I wasn't expecting an upgrade as I think the ship is pretty full
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 3 & 6pm EST I think - I was checking regularly!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B 6507
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 48
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a sideways inside stateroom and all the reviews I have read are great so I am happy. I wasn't expecting an upgrade as I think the ship is pretty full
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 3 & 6pm EST I think - I was checking regularly!
Hi Linda!! That just means us in GTY status for the 6/29 sailing are getting closer. I was hoping it would be next week when we hit in the 50ish days range but it appears yours was around the 40ish range. We (and a lot on our sailing) have been in GTY status since day 1 so this has been really hard! I'm just hoping we do find out before sailing since I know it can be at the port *faint*.

Heather

Hi Linda!! That just means us in GTY status for the 6/29 sailing are getting closer. I was hoping it would be next week when we hit in the 50ish days range but it appears yours was around the 40ish range. We (and a lot on our sailing) have been in GTY status since day 1 so this has been really hard! I'm just hoping we do find out before sailing since I know it can be at the port *faint*.

Heather

I am on the 6/6 cruise (and looking at Linda's ticker, she is on the same cruise as our tickers are saying exactly the same :goodvibes). I got my GTY assignment on day 53. So there is hope for you that you get your room in the 50ish days range!

I am on the 6/6 cruise (and looking at Linda's ticker, she is on the same cruise as our tickers are saying exactly the same :goodvibes). I got my GTY assignment on day 53. So there is hope for you that you get your room in the 50ish days range!
OMG!!! Thanks my NUE friend :goodvibes

Heather

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! 4C is our favorite non-suite category.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Don't know
9. What month is your cruise? May

Hello! I'm actually on the 6/6 and the 6/13 cruises :) The GTY booking was for the 2nd cruise. Hope to see you on board!

I'm so excited to watch this!!! I initially booked in March for September. I started with a 9, changed to an 8A (a/k/a "mini-suite" ;)) last week, and today booked a GTY 5E. I really WANT the 5E. Do you think the odds are good that they'll leave me there?

I've never had a GTY. Always chose my cabins.

We had 5688 on our last Fantasy and I LOVED the aft! Getting my 5E would be awesome. :bitelip: I'll of course let everyone know. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter