Official thread for the 2010 Princess 1/2 Marathon & 5k- REGSITRATION IS OPEN!

I am signing up to do the half marathon with my bff and my two sister in laws:) I am so excited and I figure that nothing is more motivating to train than paying for a race and airfare to get there...:rotfl2: I am so excited!

Heather from NJ

Welcome Heather!!And you are right! It is definately a big motivator, being in WDW.. as well as chatting with all these great girls here!!

My mom and I are planning on doing it! It will be our first marathon-like event. We are complete beginners and are pretty out of shape, but there is nothing like Disney to motivate us to get in shape! :cool1:

I'm in for this one. It'll be my first 1/2 marathon, I can't think of a better place to pick to run my first big race.

I'll be registering on the 15th. My DH wants to do the stroller 5K, I'm still thinking about doing the 5K, and my DD might just want to do the kids' games.

Alice1386 & 02bacelt :welcome: to the princess: thread.
You will get all the information and encouragement you could ever need here!!

Alice - Welcome!! I would suggest the coolrunning.com Couch to 5k plan as a start, that's what i used for training for my first 5k... Then, i would look into getting "Marathoning for Mortals" book.. I used that to train for the Princess 1/2 and will use it again for next years training !

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I'M OFFICIAL!!! I am so pumped!!!!:cool1: I registered this afternoon, and now I am so excited about finding out the host hotels and booking some fabulous meals for our trip!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better as March approaches!

Also, just had to toot my own horn a bit...This morning I did a full 4 miles of 1 minute walking to 1 minute running! I was so proud of myself. 13.1 miles here I come!!!:thumbsup2

I know we don't know the resorts for this year yet, but what were they last year? This will be my first time going down, and I would like to have any idea what to budget for. Were they rates really 'discounted' for participants, or no? TIA! :)

I know we don't know the resorts for this year yet, but what were they last year? This will be my first time going down, and I would like to have any idea what to budget for. Were they rates really 'discounted' for participants, or no? TIA! :)

Last year the resorts were All Star Music (I think that's right), Caribbean Beach, and Polynesian. I stayed at Caribbean Beach.

The rates were discounted, but depending on your length of stay and other factors, there may be better discounts out there. For example, I was down at WDW for 10 nights. I did a lot of math and it turned out the best deal for me was to do the "buy 4, get 3 free" offer for the first 7 nights, then use the Princess 1/2 special rates for the last 3 nights.

Thanks for the quick reply! Now I'm really dying to know what the resorts will be! I think we're going Deluxe for this one. DH said since I am really doing this, we can go all out! :woohoo:

Welcome ArmyWife!!! I am dying to know the hotels also! We stayed at the Poly last year, and i am soooo hopin' that is one of the hotels again.. LOL

Hello All!

I plan to run the Family 5K with my DD10 and my Dniece16.

I was looking today, and noticed that this is 'peak' season for the resorts. Anyone remember the 'deal' that was offered for '09? Is it any good, or should I be looking for other discounts? We go to Disney about 2x a year, but always in the off season, so these prices gave me sticker shock!

Looking forward to the race!!

I ran the 5K this year. Just registered myself and DS 12. We stayed at All-Star, had a blast.

Jules

Jules, are you registered for the 5k or the 1/2?

Jesters, don't remember the $$ - Mother in law paid! LOL but, what was great - was the buy 4 get 3 nights free promo!! We were able to stay the whole week!

I just remembered that I still have my spreadsheet that I used for my planning last year. LOL, it's funny that I've been saying "last year" when it was really just a few months ago. :rotfl:

Anyway, it looks like the special Princess rates were $108 at the value and $154 at the moderate. I'm pretty sure these are the rates before tax. (Tax is 12.5% at all Disney resorts except for the All Stars which are 13%.) I don't have the rates for the deluxe since that was out of my price range.

:cheer2: I made the list on the front page for being 'official'! :)

:eek: Yikes...$154 for a mod! I guess I've been so spoiled with our 7 for 4 deal in April and then using the military rate in September that I forgot what a 'real' price looks like.

Maybe we won't be staying at the deluxe afterall. At least I have lots and lots of time to save before then! It has always been my dream ot stay a Poly so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Also, just had to toot my own horn a bit...This morning I did a full 4 miles of 1 minute walking to 1 minute running! I was so proud of myself. 13.1 miles here I come!!!:thumbsup2

Good for you! I switched from run 3/walk 2 to 1/1 last year and cut my time by 20 minutes!! I couldn't believe it, but there you go...

Keep up your training, you'll finish and feel good too!

Any idea when this will fill up? I'm seroiusly considering it but am not quite decided yet. :banana:

I'm with slknight, I'd like to know what the numbers are looking like...I want to do this race, but want to wait a bit before actually committing the money to it!

:stitch: 'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

"A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it." ~Alfred Hitchcock

By now, most of you have figured out I like movies. A lot. Perhaps an unhealthy amount. Nevertheless, I think it's fun to talk about movies, especially now that the summer season has started. Wolverine has been released, so has Star Trek, with many more big blockbusters soon to come.

So this week's mixer topic is, predictably enough, summer movies! The start of the mixer, posted on the 'Ohana thread, is here.

What summer movies are you looking most forward to, and why? Also, how do you like your summer movies?

Feel free to talk about how you choose your flicks: based on directors, your favorite movie star, a beloved genre? And what is your ideal movie experience? Midnight movies or matinees? Chain theaters or independents? Drive-ins? What about the movie-going extras? With or without snacks? Buttered popcorn or chocolate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter