Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan a surprise every trip as well. One year it was the Wishes boat cruise, one year I upgraded our resort and one year it was the wishes dessert party. This year I went a bit overboard. I have a surprise Illuminations cruise, FtF package and Rebel Hanger!
What great surprises! Also for this trip I booked both kids for the learn to surf early one morning at typhoon lagoon. They've been wishing for that one and I keep tell them no - they will be shocked.

I love that the people on this board get as excited as me about all of these things including the planning! I have way too many non-disney friends who just think I'm crazy.

We are arriving on the 15th also! And our SWW day is the 17th! Where are you staying? Maybe we will run into each other!
How cool! We're staying at all star sports 15 -20 then moving to Caribean 20 -28. We're flying out of Pittsburgh. That would be great to run into each other! What are your plans?

What great surprises! Also for this trip I booked both kids for the learn to surf early one morning at typhoon lagoon. They've been wishing for that one and I keep tell them no - they will be shocked.

I love that the people on this board get as excited as me about all of these things including the planning! I have way too many non-disney friends who just think I'm crazy.
99% of my friends are Disney/SW/Marvel/HP fanatics...the other 1% are family members :D

How cool! We're staying at all star sports 15 -20 then moving to Caribean 20 -28. We're flying out of Pittsburgh. That would be great to run into each other! What are your plans?
We are at All Star Sports 15-22. DTD and hanging out at the hotel on the 15th. Magic Kingdom on the 16th. Hollywood Studios on the 17th. Animal Kingdom on the 18th. Blizzard Beach on the 19th. Epcot on the 20th. Magic Kingdom on the 21st. Head home on the 22nd. :sad:

Last edited:

How early do you need to be for your jta time? At what point will they give away your spot? How long is the show once it starts? Trying to see where I can squeeze it into our jam packed day!!!!

Ok, don't shoot the messenger
Some reports from both character meals are indicating that the characters are not signing autograph books to keep the lines moving smoothly.
At breakfast I have confirmation that you get a card with Vader's autograph (still waiting on confirmation about Fett and the characters inside)
For dinner you get a card with signature of all of them. You can take one picture with Jedi Mickey at the entrance and then as many as you want with the characters inside.
As soon as I find out more I'll post it. I know some of you are making really cute autograph books but this system makes total sense to me.

How early do you need to be for your jta time? At what point will they give away your spot? How long is the show once it starts? Trying to see where I can squeeze it into our jam packed day!!!!
30 minutes before your session. The show is about 15 minutes long

don't cx anything. i'm not local but we are there 2-3 times a year. most the time in summer it is hit and miss with rain which doesn't last long. it rains for 30-60 mins and then it gets hot and humid. might rain again later in the night. it's very hit and miss. i have been to florida twice in 15 years and had maybe 3 days of steady ever. i was really suprised when we actually had almost full day of rain before.

I've only had two days of steady rain on my trips. One to AK was kind of miserable. Mostly because it was cold and we were trying to do WE. The book got pretty soggy. But the other day was one if my best days ever. It had been raining steadily for several days last May (really unusual) so crowds were low in MK to start and got lower as the rain increased. We had a great time riding BTMRR in the rain with no waits. (Ponchos are a must!) Then the first parade got cancelled and everyone remaing left. We stayed for the fireworks and the rain stopped. We were able to walk right up to a literally empty Hub as the second parade was already coming down the street. It could not have been more perfect.

I'm going this Sunday and will check this out for myself. Also will try and see if they know how they will handle the different lines to get into Theater of the Stars

Very cool, I am also worried about those having to sit out in the sunlight and try to squint at that screen, and if you have polarized sunglasses you can't keep them on and try and view that if it's anything like me trying to look at electronic screens in the sun.

We need you for the Galactic Gathering day. Please let us know the layout of Darth's Mall and if you have to pay at different registers depending on the items you are buying

No Problem :thumbsup2 I know my fiance will take a lot of pictures but I plan to with my phone so I can post. My fiance's camera has to have the pictures processed on a computer because they are crazy high quality shots before posting, that and they are in RAW form.

I'll also be sure to put in any details that I can :)

They have nooooooo idea. When said person is super nice & sweet, I resort back to my thinking to myself "not everyone understands the Disney system". (And I'm still learning and trying to keep up).
A new day, fresh cup of coffee, Cantina music in the background, ears dusted off, GD's lightsaber & Magic Wand onhand, deep breath, the great Diser's here, Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust..... forward with my mission.
Thank you for your input and for listening.

I feel your pain! Last week my best friend decided she and her family wanted to join us for 3 of our 5 disney days since she was going to be visiting family in Gainsville the same week. Um, I really love her and the kids would be so excited to have her son with them, but seriously, we are 40 days out and she wants me to add 3 people to all of our ADRs, FP+ and other plans? Despite all her family living in FL, she has only been to Disney twice and the last time was 6 years ago so she has no idea. I politely told her that SWW was impossible. I tried and had success on most of the non-SWW weekend ADRs and the FP+ since we are both on property, but there is no chance on the SWW day with our ADRs and FtF package, so they are on their own. Good luck with your efforts!!!

Ok, don't shoot the messenger
Some reports from both character meals are indicating that the characters are not signing autograph books to keep the lines moving smoothly.
At breakfast I have confirmation that you get a card with Vader's autograph (still waiting on confirmation about Fett and the characters inside)
For dinner you get a card with signature of all of them. You can take one picture with Jedi Mickey at the entrance and then as many as you want with the characters inside.
As soon as I find out more I'll post it. I know some of you are making really cute autograph books but this system makes total sense to me.
It sure doesn't to me. After having eaten numerous of characters meals the characters sign while interacting. It doesn't slow them down or add time to the meal
But there are no lines at other character meals, the characters come to your table. Are you saying the do these meals different and you have to go up to a line?

I posted this on my TR. But posting this here too. They kept the palm tree courtyard AND added the stage. We were trying to figure out where the cars will park for the motorcade welcome?

The stage is set up and the new palm trees and courtyard area is also still there. I'm curious as to how the cars for SWW will all fit? @@yulilin3 what do you think?

So is the stage really set over where the base of the hat used to be? I'd think that would make for more space in the courtyard, right?

How mucked up is the view of the theatre? I was hoping to see it unobstructed for the first time ever (like in old photos I've seen) but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen this trip now.

It sure doesn't to me. After having eaten numerous of characters meals the characters sign while interacting. It doesn't slow them down or add time to the meal
But there are no lines at other character meals, the characters come to your table. Are you saying the do these meals different and you have to go up to a line?
you get a picture at the Entrance with Vader and Boba Fett for breakfast and with Jedi Mickey for Dinner. Last year their line was holding up everyone, especially in the late morning hours and late evening for dinner. Many people wanted one picture with Vader only, then one with both. Or pictures with each kid individually. This slowed everything down. That plus if every person wants an autograph was a real mess.
Once inside the characters come to your table

I feel your pain! Last week my best friend decided she and her family wanted to join us for 3 of our 5 disney days since she was going to be visiting family in Gainsville the same week. Um, I really love her and the kids would be so excited to have her son with them, but seriously, we are 40 days out and she wants me to add 3 people to all of our ADRs, FP+ and other plans? Despite all her family living in FL, she has only been to Disney twice and the last time was 6 years ago so she has no idea. I politely told her that SWW was impossible. I tried and had success on most of the non-SWW weekend ADRs and the FP+ since we are both on property, but there is no chance on the SWW day with our ADRs and FtF package, so they are on their own. Good luck with your efforts!!!
I feel "your" pain.
They have no idea what it really takes.
Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter