Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a very successful day yesterday. Picked up a water bottle and a May the 4th Be With You shirt around 9am. Rode Star Tours four times throughout the day. Almost ended up with the Cantina band one time. We got photos with Darth Vader, the stormtroopers, and selfies with a jawa and Chewie.

I figured I've posted a lot of pics of my daughter, so here's one of myself. If you can't make the meets but see me or my daughter walking around don't be shy and come say Hi. I would love to meet you if only for a brief moment.
941858_10201309794812658_2093695480_n.jpg

Alright, So I just checked the weather forecast for our disney trip that begins in 8 days.....looks like thunderstorms and rain forecast for weekend 1 of SWW.....We are from Oregon and unaccustomed to the concept of rain not being an all day stay indoors sort of thing. My question is, if rain and thunder stays in the forecast, should I consider cancelling our FTF deluxe package for May 15th? Worried it will not be worth it if nothing happens due to rain :(
don't cx anything. i'm not local but we are there 2-3 times a year. most the time in summer it is hit and miss with rain which doesn't last long. it rains for 30-60 mins and then it gets hot and humid. might rain again later in the night. it's very hit and miss. i have been to florida twice in 15 years and had maybe 3 days of steady ever. i was really suprised when we actually had almost full day of rain before.

9 days 'til I leave, too!

Heading out today to try to find a portable cell phone battery charger (though I hope to not be on my phone too much in the parks).

@lovethattink I just can't picture it still, have to see it for myself. I'm sure they thought about the space needed to turn the cars around
Well...as much as I love Disney, that might be giving them a bit too much credit, lol.

I've been out so I'm about 20 pages behind but I just booked online for 5/17 at 5:35 pm!!! Earlier (not like anyone can keep track of this fast moving thread) I booked 5/15 at 6 pm (3 people) - 5/17 was my preferred day and 5:30 my preferred time but I took what she could get.

SO if any Diser wants 5/15 at 6pm 3 people (although I suspect 4 would probably be the same size table) - please PM me tonight and we can coordinate me cancelling. If not I'll cancel it in the morning
Still catching up this morning, but thought I'd tell you I switched mine to 5:35 on May 17 last night. First I had 5:30 and kept getting the error message. Then I changed to 6, and times came up after a couple of clicks. Then I changed back to 5:30. I had to click find a table another 6-7 times before it finally didn't give me an error. Keep trying!

We leave on the 15th, the day after my kids finish their college finals and high school AP tests. They are both stressed and really looking forward to this vacation and our first SWW. Can't wait to sit in the Rebel Hanger and have a drink!!
We're doing the same! Heading out on the 13th after their last AP exam on the 12th. Just scored a Rebel Hanger reservation for Friday night! Cheers to you!:drinking1

ya tha
Uh, oh ..... Airfair booked, park tickets purchased, plans, FP+, ADR'S are made. Shows scheduled.
DFTF package booked. Magic Bands have arrived, Leaving in 9 days...... Time to sit back and relax.
But a family member has just yesterday decided to join us. And they want to be included in everthing we are doing. FP+, ADR'S etc, etc..... Yikes !
They have no clue as to what it takes.
Ok, deep breathing......
Now how in the heck do I get them booked for a DFTF package on May 16 ? Which I booked for the rest of us within the first couple of hours it became available.
Deep breathing ...... Just when I thought I was done.
Oh, well..... "Try, I must".
I just need a little more Pixie Dust........

ya i have been there too. what i do is email any of my contacts i have and for a for a favor, for one or two things that i feel would be nice for them to join us on. at that point i then try on my own with one or two calls to add people. i don't ever change my plans around. whatever i get i get. ans that's the end of it. the days of me going nuts for things unless it's my parents or my wife's sister are done. i don't need to get stressed out over someone else anymore.

jim

A friend of mine was at Jedi Mickey's dinner last night and posted some pics on fb, and it looks like Jedi Mickey is going to be the one near the entrance with the backdrop and then Chipwoks, Darth Goofy, Princess Minnie Organa and Stormtrooper Donald are roaming...I asked her but I guess she's still asleep. As soon as I get more info I'll let you know

I know that friend too! Lol!

Anyone else NOT tell your kids yet...my son has no clue...lol should be fun when I pick him up from school with bags in the car next Thursday........
No, DGD has no clue. We'll be picking her up early from her last day of school, with the car packed and ready to hit the road.
DH doesn't know either. I've worked with his boss to secure time off but something has come up last night and I may have to break down and tell him ahead of time. Still trying to keep the surprise going for now

9 days 'til I leave, too!

Heading out today to try to find a portable cell phone battery charger (though I hope to not be on my phone too much in the parks).
Wanted to pass along something I've learned after buying 5 or 6 portable chargers. Get one at least 6000 mah (or whatever the unit of measure is given to these things). Anything less will really not give a decent charge to your phone. I've found out after having several 2000 versions that I found cheap.

Just snagged a RH ressie for 5/30. I don't think I can handle any more ADRs between the Sci Fi breakfast, Feel the Force package, DTech, Fastpasses and now the Rebel Hangar. I need a vacation from planning. :)

If I had some one do that, I'd be tempted to say no. Unless it was my wife, then too bad so sad. While fast passes and meals aren't everything, it might severely limit the fun. If they're asking to be included 100% then it sounds like they aren't the most able to solo it out.
@cinder-ellah That's a stressful position to be put in. I hope this person knows that it's very difficult to get all of your plans synched up like that
They have nooooooo idea. When said person is super nice & sweet, I resort back to my thinking to myself "not everyone understands the Disney system". (And I'm still learning and trying to keep up).
A new day, fresh cup of coffee, Cantina music in the background, ears dusted off, GD's lightsaber & Magic Wand onhand, deep breath, the great Diser's here, Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust..... forward with my mission.
Thank you for your input and for listening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter