• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookie who is joining Rebels! Her husband is the voice of Kanan! Wonder if she will be at SWC Anaheim... maybe as part of season two premier :) I know her hubby is going to be there already!

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...tar-star-wars-rebels-season/story?id=29361803

Heck it would be cool if she showed up at SWW... sorry huge Buffy fan, one of those shows I watched with my sons when they were growing up and we could all enjoy together.

It appears the light saber magic bands available to attendees is not free. It's showing at $29.99? Or is that for additional bands?

Ooh... Are they the "general" star wars bands for this year too or just for that day? (If they do special things at the MB checkpoints, like make lightsaber sounds, I may have to get one)

We collected those and lightsabers.... we stayed on property and walked to BWI so we weren't worried :P

I was there first week in June last year and they were sold out. :(
I'm going to be there first week in June again and I'm hoping they're better stocked this year. :)

The RSP, Radom Selection Process, is a lottery. You may end up with everything you list on your RSP, or hardly anything. We ended up with everything we requested on the RSP.

My tip for those going to the Galactic Gathering is to wait to make your purchases. The lines were crazy busy til about 1pm, then totally died. They weren't equipped to handle the mass of people at the registers at the beginning of the day.

You also may come and go as you please. We left for lunch and came back.

They had Akbar's opened and we did get the cool glow death star and sabers. And bought popcorn in the Darth Vader bucket. I look forward to adding the Han bucket. It reminds me a lot of the Jack Skellington one. Not the easiest thing to carry. At least the Cinderella carriage one has a nice "rope" attached.

When the characters first came out, the line was long. Subsequent character appearances had little to no lines.

The event did not sell out last year.

Ooh... Are they the "general" star wars bands for this year too or just for that day? (If they do special things at the MB checkpoints, like make lightsaber sounds, I may have to get one)

I'm going to be there first week in June again and I'm hoping they're better stocked this year. :)
The lightsaber mb are only for attendees of the special event. The MB for the general public are the ones with Mickey and Donald and I agree that last years were cooler.

The lightsaber bands are only available to those attending the event. The "general" bands are the Mickey & Donald bands on this page.

Looks like the lightsaber bands are event specific. But the LE Jedi Donald and Jedi Mickey are LE but what's left is available to all.

I didn't read if they make noises or not.

My son loves his Yoda and Olaf that have sound at FP+ machines and front gate at DHS.

How do the themed Magic bands work since you will already be in the parks when you buy them? Do they switch all of your stuff from mde over to the new band? Never been with Magic bands before so just curious

How do the themed Magic bands work since you will already be in the parks when you buy them? Do they switch all of your stuff from mde over to the new band? Never been with Magic bands before so just curious
When I purchased the MVMCP band, the CM linked it at the register & I was able to wear it right away. You also have the option to link it later.

There's nothing to "switch over;" the bands themselves hold no information. It's just a key to your MDX account.

They add the ticket info to your mb so you can use it in the park. However, my son's Yoda band did not work as the room key. We had to make a special trip to concierge to have them activate it for the room.

They add the ticket info to your mb so you can use it in the park. However, my son's Yoda band did not work as the room key. We had to make a special trip to concierge to have them activate it for the room.
I had the same problem! Worked for everything except the room.

they do not ADD anything to the magic band. All they have to do is link the band to your account. Then it will read your account the same as any other magic band assigned to you. The bands don't store any information. They are just a conduit to the account, where all the information is stored. sometimes if you are adding a new band to an existing account you get a glitch and it won't read room, maybe it won't read tickets, one of my friends added one and some of her fastpasses were lost. Don't know how. It glitched.

It's usually suggested that if you have multiple bands you want to use that you try each of them on your resort door as soon as you go to the room, because the account saves the information in some way, but obviously you can't do that with a band you just purchased so it could turn out you have to activate it at the front desk.

All they did was scan his AP then scan the new band at the register and he was in business! Just a matter of semantics. ;) I used the work add because it was a useless band before. But linked would be the accurate word to use.

And it's not that they're bad or anything... it just would've been better if this year's was R2D2 and C-3P0 talking. Or at least I would've thought so, Chewbacca would've been great too! :chewy:

My son loves the Donald one. I'm not impressed with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter