Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... Any chance they'd have either the light saber or a different LE band for those who do the premium package??

Hmmm... Any chance they'd have either the light saber or a different LE band for those who do the premium package??
you mean the VIP package? You will be able to go into Darth's Mall before it opens and shop with no lines, the regular SW MB will be there. It might happen that they add the special lightsaber bands as a plus but we won;t know until the details come out

you mean the VIP package? You will be able to go into Darth's Mall before it opens and shop with no lines, the regular SW MB will be there. It might happen that they add the special lightsaber bands as a plus but we won;t know until the details come out
Yes, I meant the vip package. Guess I'm hoping they might make a MB come with the VIP package this year. It's new to the Galactic Gathering, they did one for the vip F&W package, so I guess I'm just hoping that's their new m.o.! :)

Last year, when Mark Hamill showed up, the most popular show was the Conversation With Mark Hamill show. It was separate from SOTS and he did not join the SOTS show. Neither did he do autographs. If any big stars go this year, expect a similar Conversation With show to be added at the last moment they confirm. Veteran SWW visitors know this, newcomers probably don't. Always stay aware of developments.

From most popular to least:
Stars of the Saga
Visit to the Maul (if/when Ray Park is here)
My Short Story (if/when Warwick Davis is here)
Behind the Force
Obi Wan and Beyond

About the autographs at the Galactic Breakfast, Vader and Boba Fett only signed special things last year. They would sign regular Disney autograph books.

I was bummed because I left our autograph book in the room. Well, I ran into Tatooine Traders and bought a Darth Vader picture with a white mat around it for them to sign. Boy, was I pleased that I had been forgetful! They said that Vader and Boba Fett do not sign autograph books, but since I had something special, they'd do it :-)

VIP Package will not get the lightsaber bands, I can promise it. They are made on a limited run and the LE size will be based on how many orders come in from the Galactic Gathering signups. The orders must be in by early April and the LE size will then be printed on the inside of the bands.

Lightsaber bands are ONLY for Galactic Gathering, sorry folks.

Who knows though, there could be a VIP package band, but I doubt it at this point.

Yep that's what you do with it - link it.

Every MB you've ever had is linked to your account and can't be removed. I did hear once that if you have too many active ones, it might interfere with their operation somehow, so if you have lots of them linked (maybe 10 or more) maybe deactivate some of them.
I'm not a major fan of Disney characters representing SW characters. They are cute but it's not my thing.

I have 25+ active bands on my account and never had this issue.

I just came to say that I was not impressed with the general public SWW magic bands and will not be purchasing one. The light sabers were cool and I could see myself plopping down 30 bucks for them, but not the mickey/donald band. I know that eventually Disney will get my money, just not with these bands.

Random question: during SWW, does the Animation Academy draw SW stuff or is it just the regular characters? I'm kind of obsessed with AA.

Im going to SWW for the first time with my family! Yay! I have a friend that maybe would like me to pick up any kind of Darth Goofy figurine and pin. I'm not really into merch myself and don't plan on waiting in crazy long lines at Darth's Mall. Will I be able to get this kind of stuff at the regular shops in the HS park or the Disney hotel? Or maybe even online? I think he wants limited edition stuff but I'm assuming that would only be found in places like Darth's Mall? I heard people wait hours before the park open just to get this merch. Will there be much less crowded times later in the day in the merch tents? We are going for one day only on the first day May 15. Thanks in advance!!!

Im going to SWW for the first time with my family! Yay! I have a friend that maybe would like me to pick up any kind of Darth Goofy figurine and pin. I'm not really into merch myself and don't plan on waiting in crazy long lines at Darth's Mall. Will I be able to get this kind of stuff at the regular shops in the HS park or the Disney hotel? Or maybe even online? I think he wants limited edition stuff but I'm assuming that would only be found in places like Darth's Mall? I heard people wait hours before the park open just to get this merch. Will there be much less crowded times later in the day in the merch tents? We are going for one day only on the first day May 15. Thanks in advance!!!

Tatooine Traders and the merchandise store near H&V usually have some SWW merchandise on weekends. You probably won't find much LE there though. The mall should be less busy in the evening. I'm not sure if it will close early due to fireworks or stay open until park closing.

Jawas traded with guests.
Haha, that's great! What kind of stuff did they trade? I'd like to send a prepared DH & ODS in case they do it again.

They said that Vader and Boba Fett do not sign autograph books, but since I had something special, they'd do it :-)
Hmm, good to know, too. I guess I will send them with something as a precaution, but explain to ODS that it may be just a picture.

We try to go to local events with 501st & RL, and I have noticed that Vader always has a walking buddy. It never occurred to me that it's because of the mask impairing his vision. Duh, makes perfect sense.

About the autographs at the Galactic Breakfast, Vader and Boba Fett only signed special things last year. They would sign regular Disney autograph books.

I was bummed because I left our autograph book in the room. Well, I ran into Tatooine Traders and bought a Darth Vader picture with a white mat around it for them to sign. Boy, was I pleased that I had been forgetful! They said that Vader and Boba Fett do not sign autograph books, but since I had something special, they'd do it :-)

So they won't sign an actual autograph book? We usually make Shutterfly ones with some "blank" pages in the back and I was thinking of doing Star Wars themed extra pages. I was also thinking of taking the kids' light sabers…?

Random question: during SWW, does the Animation Academy draw SW stuff or is it just the regular characters? I'm kind of obsessed with AA.

Someone mentioned a Darth Maul Donald? That would be cool :-)

Haha, that's great! What kind of stuff did they trade? I'd like to send a prepared DH & ODS in case they do it again.
The Jawas will be trading as that is a yearly activity for them. DD was "friends with" a Jawa last year and the Jawas enjoyed trading for items that could be traded with other guests: stickers, glow sticks, shiny objects, etc. We traded with Jawas on the Streets of America and traded keychains, decorative binder clips, and a small chain lanyard. In return, I received a potato chip bag clip that I use daily and a Jawa ornament. Others in our party received a super ball and toy figurines.

If you would like to give the Jawa a gift, trade something of value like a Disney pin or a tiny Jawa plush as they are allowed to keep it. Really, just trade anything that you believe another child would enjoy and the Jawas will get a kick out of it. I believe they like to trade for a tradeable item rather than a sugar packet or a quarter. ;)

Last year, they would have signed a lightsaber; they mentioned that when we got there. I'm not sure about a homemade book. It's unique, so they might? Not sure. But, bring your own Sharpie. If you leave yours in your room (like I did), you might have to borrow one from the manager!
I like the picture frame/mat we ended up with because I got the Stormtroppers, Jawas, and Greedo to sign it, too :-)

The magic bands for the galactic gathering look so awesome! But DH was asking me if we can just buy them, and my response was I think you have to buy a park ticket along with it. Well I think we both might be confused here. When or if you buy a different Magic band what are the stipulation's?

The magic bands for the galactic gathering look so awesome! But DH was asking me if we can just buy them, and my response was I think you have to buy a park ticket along with it. Well I think we both might be confused here. When or if you buy a different Magic band what are the stipulation's?
They are only sold at the Galactic Gathering, so you would need to purchase park admission AND admission to the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter