• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

Training has been a tough slog the last 2 weeks with being sick and the usual Vancouver weather. I got out and atlest did a 12K run on Saturday. I will also try and get out and do another long run on the weekend with a few short runs.

With 5 weeks to go I will try and step it up.

Hi! I'm new/returning to the Disboards! Due to various issues (mainly medical) I haven't done a runDisney event since Sept 2013. But Star Wars 2016 is MINE! I'm doing the half, and this will be my second time at Disneyland. (Hoping to get a C2C with W&D in 2016.) I'll be looking around this and the Disneyland boards for a refresher on DL since it's been a while. I have my hotel and flights (obviously) but still have to figure out which days I'm going to be in the parks, dining, etc. So excited!

Not populated yet, but it's almost time for bib numbers! http://results.xacte.com/?kw=swhm

I saw the thread about the last corral and thought "Huh? WHAT marathon?" and then remembered the January WDW event and how close it is to SW, and kathunk I fainted.

OK I didn't. But wow it's close.

DS and DS have not yet thought of or created costumes for their 5K. DH hasn't trained enough. So they'll be arguing about if DS can run alone blah blah blah. Glad I won't be doing the 5K that's all I have to say!

10 miles went great this weekend! Zero pain from my IT band. I haven't done that distance pain free since May 2014 when I first injured it so I'm thrilled it went so well! Definitely a little soreness in other areas but a day of easy stretching and walking around has taken care of that. I can't believe we're only 4 weeks out! I'm so excited!

just saw a blog post from dec-13-14 with corral and maps for SW weekend 2015 -- since it is now dec-15-15, will they be released soon for 2016?

Just checking in. My teen sons and I are running in the SW half along with other friends. I was looking for info on when bib numbers start coming out. Looks like I came to the right place!!

Ran my first half marathon Sunday. I hadn't run a lick between this past Sunday and Nov 21st and I paid for it after mile 11. I don't know if it was the distance, the road conditions, my stride, lack of recent practice or what but my hip or IT band siezed up on me and I walked the last two miles of the half.

Overall, I made it in 2:50 with a 13 min pace, which is not bad considering how awful the end was. Had a lot of pain the rest of the day but I've been fine since the following day.

Between now and the SW Half, I plan to at least get back into my weekly mileage pattern. Finals and Thanksgiving had me twisted. Never again!

Looks like 10K/Half will be A-E corrals and 5K will be A-C.

waits for Bib Numbers To Be Released

Maybe bib numbers and corrals tomorrow?????? Crossing my fingers!

Just noticed the expo doesn't open until noon on Friday!?!? I wonder why?

Last edited:
Maybe bib numbers and corrals tomorrow?????? Crossing my fingers!

Just noticed the expo doesn't open until noon on Friday!?!? I wonder why?

It didn't open until on noon on Friday for Avengers as well. I think to allow for the 5k. A lot of their staff does double duty.

A-E seems like a small number of corrals. Wonder how many bibs they sold for the half?...and how much time between each corrals start??
Getting Excited!

A-E seems like a small number of corrals. Wonder how many bibs they sold for the half?...and how much time between each corrals start??
Getting Excited!

Thats what they were last year as well. I was in D (I think) and I believe it took almost 30 minutes to start.

See below for last years info

http://noguiltlife.com/star-wars-half-marathon-weekend-corrals-and-waivers/

IMG_6873.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter