Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

After completing the Wine & Dine half/ half earlier this month I'm now training for the Rebel Challenge. Was dreading the 9.5 miles on the treadmill this morning but it was actually ok. Only 3 really long training runs left on the schedule.
Looking forward to earning this challenge medal and my first visit to DLR.

I was in Disneyland this weekend so I didn't do my 9.5 miles yet. I'll do those this coming weekend and just be a week behind the official training schedule.

Anyone doing a turkey trot on Thursday? I think I"m about to sign up for a local 10k.

Had to skip a full week and a day of training because of that obnoxious cold going around. My lungs are my weak spot, so I really have to baby them. Today, though, I felt up to my half hour (on the treadmill), and it felt great!

Then my son and I practiced some ballet (he's been dancing for 6 years and his teachers are slowly getting the parents to take a class, and I finally realized that I NEED to practice so I don't look so horrible in class), which was wonderful (practice really does help!), but now my ankles are sore sore sore.

Does anyone know of a TA that has a Half bib available? I'm kicking myself for not signing up, now that the SWDS is happening. UGH. I thought "oh i'll just be done with Dopey" why push it.

My 10k turkey trot landed me a new PR! Too bad its too late to use it for proof of time. Oh well. I can at least use it for Tink!

Training is going good. Did the 10k on Thursday. On Sunday I did 8 instead of 9.5 simply because I ran out of time. Legs felt good! No long run for me this weekend due to our schedules but I'll shoot for 10 the next weekend. I was going to ask for a new pair of Adrenalines for Christmas but decided against it. I dont think I'd have enough time to break them in before race weekend anyway.

No long run for me this weekend due to our schedules but I'll shoot for 10 the next weekend. I was going to ask for a new pair of Adrenalines for Christmas but decided against it. I dont think I'd have enough time to break them in before race weekend anyway.

This is the sort of thing that being an adult is nice for; EARLY presents are allowed. Just wrap up the box for opening on the 25th!

Well, the remains of this cold, my ongoing recent lung issues, and the dreadful air quality over the long weekend have combined to make running just impossible right now. Even on the treadmill. I might try today, but I'm not hopeful. I was going to sign up for a 10K in 2 weeks but decided not to. 5K on the 24th instead; I think I can handle that. :) I'm glad that the air quality here is better now; it was really really bad!

ETA: I tried today. Went on the weird upstairs, indoor track (12 laps = 1 mile) at the Y for my half hour. It was OK. I think I was pushing too hard on my run intervals (I do a 1:1 interval) but I did it. Of course my GPS didn't work and I lost count of the laps. Oh well!

DH and DS keep talking about costumes, but haven't come up with anything good. At one point DS wanted to dress as Jar Jar. You know, he's 11, and kids that age are who JarJar was made for, so he likes him. I am not crafty, however, and don't know how I could do anything like that. And the idea of him running in a headband with floppy ears? Yeah, the kid is as irritable a runner as I am, so those would get lost inside the first half mile.

Last edited:
This is the sort of thing that being an adult is nice for; EARLY presents are allowed. Just wrap up the box for opening on the 25th!

Well, the remains of this cold, my ongoing recent lung issues, and the dreadful air quality over the long weekend have combined to make running just impossible right now. Even on the treadmill. I might try today, but I'm not hopeful. I was going to sign up for a 10K in 2 weeks but decided not to. 5K on the 24th instead; I think I can handle that. :) I'm glad that the air quality here is better now; it was really really bad!

ETA: I tried today. Went on the weird upstairs, indoor track (12 laps = 1 mile) at the Y for my half hour. It was OK. I think I was pushing too hard on my run intervals (I do a 1:1 interval) but I did it. Of course my GPS didn't work and I lost count of the laps. Oh well!

Good point! Just ordered my new pair!

I'm glad the air quality is getting better! Dont push too hard though! Tis the season to keep getting sick so its better to err on the side of caution IMO!

Those are very cute.

Thank you, Dooney, for insisting on using leather, thereby making me never buy you.

The moment they start to use a manmade material for the straps/buckles for those coated nylon purses, I'm toast.

Does anyone have any need for a park ticket for the Disneyland Star Wars race weekend (or the week afterwards)? I'm getting two one-day one park tickets as part of a travel provider package, one for the 5k and one for the challenge. I definitely don't need both, and may not even need one, as I may arrive before the travel provider, and thus buy my own ticket directly from Disney. I've checked with the provider and the tickets don't have a name on them and can be transferred. They do have to be used within 14 days of issue, so to be safe I'd suggest using them by 24 January.

If anyone needs a ticket (or two!), drop me a line. The tickets cost me $99 each. I'd like to recover some of this if I can, and was thinking somewhere in the range of $55 per ticket. I expect to meet with the provider on Wednesday the 13th or Thursday the 14th, so could pass along the tickets somewhere at the resort on one of those days, or after the races on the weekend. I don't believe this falls message outside of the forums guidelines, but should it do so, I'd be glad to remove it.

Does anyone have any need for a park ticket for the Disneyland Star Wars race weekend (or the week afterwards)? I'm getting two one-day one park tickets as part of a travel provider package, one for the 5k and one for the challenge. I definitely don't need both, and may not even need one, as I may arrive before the travel provider, and thus buy my own ticket directly from Disney. I've checked with the provider and the tickets don't have a name on them and can be transferred. They do have to be used within 14 days of issue, so to be safe I'd suggest using them by 24 January.

If anyone needs a ticket (or two!), drop me a line. The tickets cost me $99 each. I'd like to recover some of this if I can, and was thinking somewhere in the range of $55 per ticket. I expect to meet with the provider on Wednesday the 13th or Thursday the 14th, so could pass along the tickets somewhere at the resort on one of those days, or after the races on the weekend. I don't believe this falls message outside of the forums guidelines, but should it do so, I'd be glad to remove it.

I'd like to get one, but I can't message you because you don't have enough posts yet (I think you need 10). How's the best way to contact you?...I guess you can post 7 more times and we can talk. :)

Hi, Z-Night. I can be reached by email at evenstephendisney at yahoo dot com . It's a new account so as to ward off spammers, but I've verified that it works. Drop me a line and I'll get back to you. Many thanks!

I can't believe we are only about 5 weeks away! Hows training going for everyone? No long run for me this weekend. Next weekend I have 10 on the schedule and I really hope it does't rain so I can run outside. I have proved to myself that i can survive 8 on the treadmill so I guess I can do 10 if I have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter