Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the website is saying they are booked - still call. I have had that happen where the website will say nothing is avialable, but when I called there were rooms available. Or I have waited until less then 30 days before and they have had cancellations.

We will be there next week - hoping for nice weather!

If the website is saying they are booked - still call. I have had that happen where the website will say nothing is avialable, but when I called there were rooms available. Or I have waited until less then 30 days before and they have had cancellations.

We will be there next week - hoping for nice weather!

we actually asked them about that - they dont book the last few rooms online, since it takes a while to get through there system, so they just want to make sure there is no double- or over-booking... definitely call if they say they are booked

I know someone posted about getting cheaper tickets at the MWR. Were they a lot cheaper than the SoG tickets (just the base tickets, not S&S)? Our MWR is $.50 cheaper. :laughing: I think we may have to pay an extra fee because Florida tickets are special ordered, so I guess it may be inour best interest to buy at SoG.

2 weeks ago we bought both WDW and Universal tickets from the Ft Eustis (Newport News, Va) location.

WDW 10 day standard hopper pass (no water parks)
SOG- $282.00
Ft. E-$270.50

Universal 2 park unlimited pass
SOG-----$99
Ft. E-----$78

(If you are willing to pay $108.50 and purchase the ticket through Universal, you can get those tickets with FREE water park.)

You don't have to live near Ft.Eustis to get tickets from them. They deliver for a flat fee of $15 for your total purchase.

We have 5 in our group. On the Universal tickets we saved $105. On the WDW tickets we saved $57.50.

We saved a total of $162.50 by getting our tickets through Ft.Eustis. Since my parents (retired military) picked them up, we did not have to pay the $15 shipping fee, but even if we had to pay the shipping fee, we would have saved alot.

2 weeks ago we bought both WDW and Universal tickets from the Ft Eustis (Newport News, Va) location.

WDW 10 day standard hopper pass (no water parks)
SOG- $282.00
Ft. E-$270.50

Universal 2 park unlimited pass
SOG-----$99
Ft. E-----$78

(If you are willing to pay $108.50 and purchase the ticket through Universal, you can get those tickets with FREE water park.)

You don't have to live near Ft.Eustis to get tickets from them. They deliver for a flat fee of $15 for your total purchase.

We have 5 in our group. On the Universal tickets we saved $105. On the WDW tickets we saved $57.50.

We saved a total of $162.50 by getting our tickets through Ft.Eustis. Since my parents (retired military) picked them up, we did not have to pay the $15 shipping fee, but even if we had to pay the shipping fee, we would have saved alot.

That's really interesting. What a deal!:thumbsup2 Thanks for posting.

I did laundry quite a bit two years ago, and really loved the large laundry rooms at SoG . . . but I just can't remember the cost. I'm trying to figure out how many rolls of quarters to bring on our next trip. ;)

Thanks!

They do have a change maker machine in the laundry rooms. Why not just use that?

Has anybody done laundry at SoG recently? :laundy: Could you please tell me the price of doing a load of wash and a load in the dryer?

I did laundry quite a bit two years ago, and really loved the large laundry rooms at SoG . . . but I just can't remember the cost. I'm trying to figure out how many rolls of quarters to bring on our next trip. ;)

Thanks!

It is $1 for the washer and .75 for the dryer. I used it several times during our trip.:goodvibes

It is $1 for the washer and .75 for the dryer. I used it several times during our trip.:goodvibes

Thanks for the info. Wow, that seems comparatively cheap! :thumbsup2

Using the change machine would probably work, though I hate to count on them being full since I tend to do my laundry at very odd hours.

We have two rooms reserved for the beginning of Nov at SoG. The deposit has been sent and we have confirmation numbers. When do we have to pay the balance for the rooms?

I called reservations and was told the balance is paid when we check in. I am a little nervous about that since everytime we stayed at a disney resort we had to pay the total due about a month before we checked in.

Bottom line do we pay the balance when we check in?

Arlene

Yup - well actually when you check out

The morning you check out you can pull up your bill on your TV and see each day's charges. If you agree with the charges, you can hit a button and pay the bill with the card you used at check-in. Anything disputed, go to the front desk. It just keeps you from having to stand in a line before you leave.

Sometimes we never even see the lobby on our last day...hit the parking garage and head home.

You can pay the balance anytime you want. We have done it 2 ways. The first visit we paid the deposit and then paid the remaining balance when we checked IN. We have also, on all other occassions, paid our balance long before we arrived. We have a receipt showing the total deposit, which is the entire amount of the stay. We don't charge anything to our room, so we are squared away and have nothing to think about during the vacation.

I just cancelled 5 nights at Shades, if anyone was looking for that time frame...
Oct 6- checkout Oct 11

The morning you check out you can pull up your bill on your TV and see each day's charges. If you agree with the charges, you can hit a button and pay the bill with the card you used at check-in. Anything disputed, go to the front desk. It just keeps you from having to stand in a line before you leave.

Sometimes we never even see the lobby on our last day...hit the parking garage and head home.

WOW! How cool!!!!!!!! You don't even have to go by the front desk!?!? I'm quite impressed! That certainly makes things easier- just pack up and go! Thanks for sharing this little tid-bit! :thumbsup2

Anybody know how SOG handles hurricanes? I've heard the Disney hotels do a good job. We're supposed to check in Sunday. :confused3

I just called Shades and was able to get our dates of the 9th thur the 17th of October. Husband is coming home on R & R Leave, and we are going to WDW and Shades for 8 days. This will be our first visit to Shades, I hope everything goes well and we enjoy our time, we have always stayed off site. I am looking forward to trip and our time together.

Anybody know how SOG handles hurricanes? I've heard the Disney hotels do a good job. We're supposed to check in Sunday. :confused3

I am not sure of the answer to that, but I noticed on the website, they are taking in "refugees" and only charging them the cheapest rate they have.

I just called Shades and was able to get our dates of the 9th thur the 17th of October. Husband is coming home on R & R Leave, and we are going to WDW and Shades for 8 days. This will be our first visit to Shades, I hope everything goes well and we enjoy our time, we have always stayed off site. I am looking forward to trip and our time together.

DH and I are going for our 3rd time to SOG this Nov and we always have a great time there. It's a great hotel and I hope you all have a great time there too:thumbsup2

Hi,
What is the salute to the veteran's deal? We are staying there 4-13 October?

thanks
kb farms

Just a note about viewing your bill from your TV, this July when we went we tried to find the channel on the TV to view your bill (we did this two years ago just fine), but this year we couldn't find it.

Now we did pay upfront (upon check-in) but we wanted to check our bill on the TV to make sure everything was okay and I was not able to find it. I'm not sure if it's still available or not.

However, awhile after we were home (a few weeks) we noticed a charge on our credit card from SOG that we shouldn't have been charged for, we called and talked to someone and got it straightened it out right way. The lady we spoke to said SOG had already caught the problem and was refunding our money, which was great to know they caught the problem before we did!

Either way, if we were able to view the bill on the TV we would have found the mistake on our bill before we left. It's okay though, because SOG has excellent costumer service and they were able to fix things so quickly that it wasn't a huge problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter