Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We plan on getting the S&S tickets for our June trip. We will be there 8 days and plan on doing EVERYTHING so this will be perfect for us. I espically love that we can get them for my in-laws that are coming with us.

Thanks for all the info about the fruit! DD is always a much happier trooper with a banana in hand. :banana: We can always use milk for our coffee.

Thanks again to all my fellow DISers for the help!
:disrocks:

We've done the S&S tickets before and thought they were a good deal when we were planning on doing everything we could pack into our vacation (but boy were we tired).

I think the more days you are there, the better the S&S tickets are (because you have more time to enjoy all the tickets offer). If you are only there for a few days you may not get your money's worth out of the S&S tickets.

Sounds like we should stick with a 4 or 5 day PH ticket and leave it at that. If for some reason we absolutely HAD to go to a water park, then we could just buy separate tickets. But, like someone said, we barely have enough time to see all of the major parks as it is...

How is SoG about having rooms ready? I'm not talking about early check-in necessarily, but rooms ready on time. I saw some threads about other resorts running behind and people not getting their rooms until well into the evening.

Sounds like we should stick with a 4 or 5 day PH ticket and leave it at that. If for some reason we absolutely HAD to go to a water park, then we could just buy separate tickets. But, like someone said, we barely have enough time to see all of the major parks as it is...

How is SoG about having rooms ready? I'm not talking about early check-in necessarily, but rooms ready on time. I saw some threads about other resorts running behind and people not getting their rooms until well into the evening.

Every time we have gone our rooms have been ready on time and sometimes even earlier.

If you decide to go to the waterparks or DQ then you can purchase your tickets at SoG and save on tax.

This year we will be there for 12 and a half days and the MYW with fun options ticket works better for us than the Stars and Stripes. Also I can buy the MYW at our local MWR early so it will be one more expense prepaid.:cool1:

hey all, taking my first trip in may .I kept hearing SOG books up quick but it seems like its empty except for christmas, is that normal?? Also , just a heads up the new "sunrise" package doesnt sound worth it. You get breakfast and a coupon but that it. The lady who booked us said its more for convience but I'd rather grab my breakfast and go. I'm so excited to go!!!:banana:

hey all, taking my first trip in may .I kept hearing SOG books up quick but it seems like its empty except for christmas, is that normal??

May is a bit of an off month for Disney in general. It's between the Spring Break rush and before school's are out, so it's usually easier to get a reservation. When we went in June 2007, it was at capacity. We even had a delay checking in, because they were so busy and had a hard time getting all the rooms cleaned for the turnovers. A co-worker of DH's just came back from SOG and was surprised that it was full.

Also , just a heads up the new "sunrise" package doesnt sound worth it. You get breakfast and a coupon but that it. The lady who booked us said its more for convience but I'd rather grab my breakfast and go. I'm so excited to go!!!:banana:

Yeah, I wrote something about that package a while ago. You are not saving a dime by booking it. It;s the regular cost of the room aqnd regular cost of the buffets and you get the priviledge of paying for that $20 gift certificate to a gift shop you may not even find anything you really want in it. Aside from the R&R package, SHades of Green has never offered a package that actually saved money off the regular price.

Hello! New DOD Civilian here and long time disney fanatic :goodvibes !

I'm wondering if SOG is booked, are the overflow rates at a discount?

Thanks for any and all advice!

I asked that question yesterday cause I was hoping that is the case. First they only book overflow if the whole trip is booked (which ours wasn't) and then only certain resorts are at a discounted rate. I was hoping to get Pop but she said that it was the same rack rate as Disney in my case is 119 a night. There is a discount available at All Star Sports for 95 a night but that is only if SoG fills up. I also think that it is determined by the time of year you are wanting to go as well. Our trip is during "peak" season.

Hope that helps.

I asked that question yesterday cause I was hoping that is the case. First they only book overflow if the whole trip is booked (which ours wasn't) and then only certain resorts are at a discounted rate. I was hoping to get Pop but she said that it was the same rack rate as Disney in my case is 119 a night. There is a discount available at All Star Sports for 95 a night but that is only if SoG fills up. I also think that it is determined by the time of year you are wanting to go as well. Our trip is during "peak" season.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that info - didn't know it had to be booked for your whole stay to qualify for overflow rates!

Yeah, I wrote something about that package a while ago. You are not saving a dime by booking it. It;s the regular cost of the room aqnd regular cost of the buffets and you get the priviledge of paying for that $20 gift certificate to a gift shop you may not even find anything you really want in it. Aside from the R&R package, SHades of Green has never offered a package that actually saved money off the regular price.

What about the Fun n' Sun package? Here is what the web site says about it...

September and January are great months to vacation in Central Florida. Smaller crowds and great weather are among the reasons that so many people choose January to stay at Shades of Green. Our Fun n' Sun Package features:

Superb accommodations in one of our well-appointed guest rooms
Breakfast daily at the Garden Gallery Restaurant
Gift Certificate to East Meets West Shoppe
Complimentary daily USA Today
One free dessert in Mangino's Italian Restaurant
One free Java Cafe beverage per adult

Has anyone ever booked this package? How was it? I noticed it doesn't say "free" daily breakfast. Do you have to pay for the breakfast as part of the package, or is it a free add on to get more business in those months? I'm curious.

What about the Fun n' Sun package? Here is what the web site says about it...

September and January are great months to vacation in Central Florida. Smaller crowds and great weather are among the reasons that so many people choose January to stay at Shades of Green. Our Fun n' Sun Package features:

Superb accommodations in one of our well-appointed guest rooms
Breakfast daily at the Garden Gallery Restaurant
Gift Certificate to East Meets West Shoppe
Complimentary daily USA Today
One free dessert in Mangino's Italian Restaurant
One free Java Cafe beverage per adult

Has anyone ever booked this package? How was it? I noticed it doesn't say "free" daily breakfast. Do you have to pay for the breakfast as part of the package, or is it a free add on to get more business in those months? I'm curious.

I have not checked on this package, but going by others that I have checked on, you will be paying full price for your room, pay full amount for that gift certificate and pay full price for the breakfast buffets. You can e-mail them to get specific details.

My guess is they are having a difficult time getting sales in that East Meets West gift shop as most of their packages include one of these gift certificates. My other guess is they give you the free dessert at Mangino's as a way to increase business there too. They probably figure if they give you the free coffee, you will be more likely to buy more later. Not trying to be negative about SOG's packages, but they don't really offer much as far as discount/benefits like one would expect of a package. Like someone else mentioned.......it;s more of a convenience factor than a savings thing.

How much is the breakfast buffet at Garden Gallery? There is no information on AllEarsNet.

It would probably be cheaper and easier to bring pop tarts, cereal, granola bars and such from home and have breakfast in the room. We don't normally eat a lot at breakfast (especially the kids), but I do like to eat a hearty breakfast while on vacation. I like to eat a hearty meal for all my meals while on vacation :lmao:

The adult buffet meals for breakfast are about $8.99 I think- we haven't eaten there since Octboer.

Rebecca

Yeah I wanna say under $10 definitely..and really it's not a bad deal, although I found it plain.

as for the Gift shop.. LAME hardly anything in there..and most definitely NOT an Asian themed selection, which is what I expected from something called east Meets West. more Hawaiian than anything else, and the Hale Koa gift shops put this one to severe shame. I'd be hard pressed to find anything I'd be willing to spend $25 on from there..'cept maybe the Zippos.

now instead of dessert at Manginos they offered a free sundae at the ice cream shop, I could be persuaded..maybe.

I called and asked about the break down for the sun and fun package and you are actually saving money off the room (at least at our normal booking rank we were). But anyone can call and the representatives will help you figure out a package breakdown.

We were at SOG a year ago. Our rooms were ready at check-in....which was early in the afternoon.

as for the Gift shop.. LAME hardly anything in there..

Lame and OVERPRICED. :confused3 We were really disappointed in the shop. I understand that they're trying to promote the various recreation centers they operate in Germany, Hawaii and South Korea, but it was all pretty unappealing. There was quite a bit German stuff, very little Hawaiin and maybe a cap and a zippo with a Korean theme. The prices were shocking. I looked at some German wine glasses and they were 2x the price we could get them for at home. It's a mystery how they keep the place going. The gift certificates with the package are probably the majority of the sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter